Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,495 members, 7,808,832 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:36 PM

My Car Was Seized By Lastma For Not Having Lagos Drivers Sticker. - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / My Car Was Seized By Lastma For Not Having Lagos Drivers Sticker. (14151 Views)

KAI & LASTMA Officials Drive Branded Cars (pics) / The Overloaded Vehicle Seized In Bauchi By FRSC Officials Today / Photos Of The New LASTMA Cabs Set To Be Launched (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Car Was Seized By Lastma For Not Having Lagos Drivers Sticker. by Anticabal: 12:08pm On Dec 19, 2014
Hello people, I was stopped by Lastma around oshodi yesterday morning, they asked for all my car documents, i tendered them. They then asked for Lagos drivers sticker, i was like WTF?. The other one jumped into the drivers seat and my car was towed to their nearby office. I simply left the car with them, and took a commercial bus to attend to more important issues at the Island. Has anyone ever experienced this? Can i sue?. I am not even listening to them anymore, i want to consider all options before knowing what steps to take. I hate being treated like a criminal and intimidated.

Please drop your much cherished advice. Lawyers in the house, please share your thoughts.

Mods please help push this forward.
Re: My Car Was Seized By Lastma For Not Having Lagos Drivers Sticker. by nedu2000(m): 12:53pm On Dec 19, 2014
You do need to get a lawyer because its against the law for lastma to enter your vehicle or even check papers
Its cheaper to go with your lawyer than to pay the over N20,000 fine

17 Likes

Re: My Car Was Seized By Lastma For Not Having Lagos Drivers Sticker. by colossus2: 1:58pm On Dec 19, 2014
Nawa....which 1 come be lagos drivers sticker again.
Extortion everywhere angry
But when traffic management begin check for car particulars shocked

2 Likes

Re: My Car Was Seized By Lastma For Not Having Lagos Drivers Sticker. by Beehshorp(m): 2:50pm On Dec 19, 2014
I no get candid advice my brother but all I can say be make u no let dis matter die like dis oo avenge me cos dis people don show me pepper

6 Likes

Re: My Car Was Seized By Lastma For Not Having Lagos Drivers Sticker. by iluvweed(m): 2:50pm On Dec 19, 2014
shocked
Re: My Car Was Seized By Lastma For Not Having Lagos Drivers Sticker. by Barselonia(m): 2:51pm On Dec 19, 2014
u don't know say Christmas is around the corner.......money is needed,

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Car Was Seized By Lastma For Not Having Lagos Drivers Sticker. by Flets: 2:51pm On Dec 19, 2014
Use your lawyer ASAP. Their role ends at traffic management and that does not involve your papaers.

Anyway, Expect more from APC. Its only in APC states you see this read rubbish. .. Lagos and unending taxes, outrageous land use charges, property tax, Tinubu tax, Iyaloja levy, TV rates etc. In APC's edo state is radio tax used in harassing travellers. TIMARIV in APC's rivers state is another kettle of fish.

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Car Was Seized By Lastma For Not Having Lagos Drivers Sticker. by horlakunle25(m): 2:51pm On Dec 19, 2014
Hmmmmm!!! Lastma crazyness!!

1 Like

Re: My Car Was Seized By Lastma For Not Having Lagos Drivers Sticker. by kayleb1: 2:52pm On Dec 19, 2014
Nigeria dun become lawless country finish...what a pity!

2 Likes

Re: My Car Was Seized By Lastma For Not Having Lagos Drivers Sticker. by Nobody: 2:53pm On Dec 19, 2014
Compared to TIMARIV in Rivers State, LASTMA are learners...

Take heart bo!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Car Was Seized By Lastma For Not Having Lagos Drivers Sticker. by EkpebaborBLE: 2:53pm On Dec 19, 2014
Get a lawyer asap...damages loading... on their head

2 Likes

Re: My Car Was Seized By Lastma For Not Having Lagos Drivers Sticker. by salamij(m): 2:54pm On Dec 19, 2014
haha
Re: My Car Was Seized By Lastma For Not Having Lagos Drivers Sticker. by Nobody: 2:55pm On Dec 19, 2014
Next time put your central lock on; just wind down a little and give them what they are asking for. They are looking for money is all

1 Like

Re: My Car Was Seized By Lastma For Not Having Lagos Drivers Sticker. by RichDad1(m): 2:56pm On Dec 19, 2014
Those crooks at Oshodi are at it again.
Which of the garages did they parked your car? Is it the one very close to the main building or the other one further down the road.
If its the later, just roger them with small change and you can leave with your car. But if it is the former, two things are involved, it's either you know someone that know someone that know someone. Lol or you'll simply pay their fine shikenna.
But if I'm to get you right, what they're asking for is the LASDRI license which to me is for professional Drivers (According to LASG).
I hope those guys are call to order ASAP.
Re: My Car Was Seized By Lastma For Not Having Lagos Drivers Sticker. by kamez(m): 2:56pm On Dec 19, 2014
First of all, LASTMA is all about traffic management..

They have no business whatsoever checking ur particulars and what not..only when u break traffic rules..

I think they took advantage of ur ignorance ( no offence. Meant pls)

As for the sticker, I own a car here in lagos and I ve never heard of it.. Or maybe I ve just been lucky..

My advice, its christmas, go and get ur car and forget about suing anybody.. Its only going to lead to more complications and accusations from them

2 Likes

Re: My Car Was Seized By Lastma For Not Having Lagos Drivers Sticker. by tdayof(m): 2:57pm On Dec 19, 2014
What they want is Christmas money and not the sticker undecided

2 Likes

Re: My Car Was Seized By Lastma For Not Having Lagos Drivers Sticker. by Nobody: 2:58pm On Dec 19, 2014
LASMA asked for your particular and you gave it to them? Do you even know your right on the road before driving??

I'm sure if KAI request for your particular you will give it to them...

8 Likes

Re: My Car Was Seized By Lastma For Not Having Lagos Drivers Sticker. by tonychristopher: 3:00pm On Dec 19, 2014
Anticabal:
Hello people, I was stopped by Lastma around oshodi yesterday morning, they asked for all my car documents, i tendered them. They then asked for Lagos drivers sticker, i was like WTF?. The other one jumped into the drivers seat and my car was towed to their nearby office. I simply left the car with them, and took a commercial bus to attend to more important issues at the Island. Has anyone ever experienced this? Can i sue?. I am not even listening to them anymore, i want to consider all options before knowing what steps to take. I hate being treated like a criminal and intimidated.

Please drop your much cherished advice. Lawyers in the house, please share your thoughts.

Mods please help push this forward.

WHY ARE PEOPLKE JUST DAFT..LATSMA HAS NO RIGHT TO ASK YOU OF ANY PAPERS...THEIR WORK IS TO MANAGE TRAFFIC

WHY DONT PEOPLE KNOW THEIR RIGHT?

HE IS A BIG FOOOOL...MAKE DEM COME STOP ME NAH
Re: My Car Was Seized By Lastma For Not Having Lagos Drivers Sticker. by SortCode(m): 3:00pm On Dec 19, 2014
Na wa o.
I guess the mistake you made was to allow them tow your car to their office instead you should have just tipped them 'something'.
Now you will have to pay them #20000.00 before you can get your car released to you cos they will will accuse you of flaunting traffic rules or maybe you drove through the brt lanes. I wish you luck anyway

[size=29pt]Welcome to Nigeria where anything goes[/size]
Re: My Car Was Seized By Lastma For Not Having Lagos Drivers Sticker. by tonychristopher: 3:01pm On Dec 19, 2014
kamez:
First of all, LASTMA is all about traffic management..

They have no business whatsoever checking ur particulars and what not..only when u break traffic rules..

I think they took advantage of ur ignorance ( no offence. Meant pls)

As for the sticker, I own a car here in lagos and I ve never heard of it.. Or maybe I ve just been lucky..

My advice, its christmas, go and get ur car and forget about suing anybody.. Its only going to lead to more complications and accusations from them

THERE IS NOTHING LIKE STICKER...DRIVERS LICENSE IS ENOUGH

1 Like

Re: My Car Was Seized By Lastma For Not Having Lagos Drivers Sticker. by latola05(m): 3:02pm On Dec 19, 2014
please try to send an email to the Commissioner for Transport, try to also flag it by copying the Governor of Lagos State.

1 Like

Re: My Car Was Seized By Lastma For Not Having Lagos Drivers Sticker. by quest003: 3:02pm On Dec 19, 2014
hmmm!! I hope your car isn't gone? Hope you didn't fall into the hands of some crook who took your not being enlighted about the what roles/functions of the agency to their advantage. Anticabal Is your car really at their office?

2 Likes

Re: My Car Was Seized By Lastma For Not Having Lagos Drivers Sticker. by viperman: 3:04pm On Dec 19, 2014
Go back there with a lawyer who will disguise as a friend.
While begging them, let your "friend"ask them what your offence was and use your phone video camera to mae sur you catch a recording of when they say it is because of this so called docuement. Once you have the recording....walk away.
Lt your lawyer then come back the following day with his case and sue them. do not let them go on an easy count.
When we as nigerians start fighting back lawlessness at this lower level, some others will grow some guts to fight it at the higher level.
You would also be saving someone else in the future from suffering same thing.

DO NOT LET THIS GO. SUE THEM.

38 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Car Was Seized By Lastma For Not Having Lagos Drivers Sticker. by Dadehmola: 3:06pm On Dec 19, 2014
kamez:

Same here..

The one for state government workers came to my mind but pray tell, how on earth could it be an offence?
Re: My Car Was Seized By Lastma For Not Having Lagos Drivers Sticker. by choiceo: 3:07pm On Dec 19, 2014
I think consulting aLawyer in approaching the Law court of competent Jurisdiction will help out.[color=#990000][/color]
Re: My Car Was Seized By Lastma For Not Having Lagos Drivers Sticker. by miqos02(m): 3:08pm On Dec 19, 2014
you have committed no offence
Re: My Car Was Seized By Lastma For Not Having Lagos Drivers Sticker. by scribble: 3:10pm On Dec 19, 2014
Pls this is 2014

who the heck stops for lastma

i've seen little keke napep bowl those guys over

run them down

This is why Lagos needs an honest governor, not the ones hustling for APC funds ...bleh

This is why they want power, they want to touch that national cake

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Blown Head Gasket: Detailed Explanation / Amazing New Cars From The 2019 Geneva Motor Show / Tesla Is Causing Battery Shortage Worldwide

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.