Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,480 members, 7,808,751 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:22 PM

Which Church Does Goodluck Jonathan Attend? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Which Church Does Goodluck Jonathan Attend? (30952 Views)

Which Church Program Would You Want To Attend? (Hilarious Photos) / President Good Jonathan Attend Apostolic Faith Church The Best Church In D World / Which Church Do You Attend And Why? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Church Does Goodluck Jonathan Attend? by iGeneral: 1:31pm On Dec 20, 2014
As a retard, He attends st Rita church.
Re: Which Church Does Goodluck Jonathan Attend? by Viktoh(m): 1:33pm On Dec 20, 2014
RichDad1:

OBJ is an Orthodox Christian [Anglican/Methodist] cool
Can you help with our CnC place of worship?
obj na baptist
Re: Which Church Does Goodluck Jonathan Attend? by temitemi1(m): 1:33pm On Dec 20, 2014
She should carry her ass to Aso ROck to ask mr president herself na. GEJ till 2019!!!

1 Like

Re: Which Church Does Goodluck Jonathan Attend? by saintneo(m): 1:36pm On Dec 20, 2014
9jatriot:
What Church Exactly Does Christian GEJ Attend?

Not that religion is suppose to matter in our choice of leaders, but since the politics of today is centred around religion even when the so called religious people obviously do not follow or obey the tenets of their religion, we still choose to follow that line blindly.

In the light of that, we know Buhari is a muslim, we know Sambo is a muslim, we know Osibanjo is a christian and attends RCCG, but we are simply told GEJ is a Christian but no mention of the congregation he is a part of. Nigerians want to know.

This is very immaterial. What Muslim denomination does Buhari and Sambo attend?

You just encouraged division!
Re: Which Church Does Goodluck Jonathan Attend? by Nobody: 1:37pm On Dec 20, 2014
desgiezd:
I heard once that he is a member of the Brotherhood Of The Cross & Star (Olumba Olumba Obu). I aint too sure of this anyway.
Na so I hear too.
Re: Which Church Does Goodluck Jonathan Attend? by swezenberg(m): 1:38pm On Dec 20, 2014
I was told he's a member of Olumba Olumba. A former South South neighbour told me. What do these Olumba people believe in? Is anyone here a member?
Re: Which Church Does Goodluck Jonathan Attend? by Nobody: 1:40pm On Dec 20, 2014
tuncy:

Gud for u bro! But I put it to u dat u aint submitting to God! How do u submit to God in d first place? If you submit to God, you will submit to his word. Imagine every one is like you. Imagine d pastor of the church u attend last week sunday was visitor and tomorrow he is somewhere else... Imagine no ushers to set the chairs... Imagine everybody was a visitor! God isn't disorganized bro! Get a local church and be committed

Insightful admonition Mr Man. I'm very impressed with you for that blunt candid response to that brother. Too many self-righteous Christians nowadays...

1 Like

Re: Which Church Does Goodluck Jonathan Attend? by brainpower(m): 1:41pm On Dec 20, 2014
I understand the Op for the question. The problem is that we Christians have spoilt christianity. Some so called born again christians will kill you if you criticize their denomination while they will laugh with you if you criticize another.
Personally, any bible believing church is good. He doesn't go to worhsip man, he goes to worship God. Provided they believe in Jeus Christ as the saviour. Why should he be defined to one church?
I ask people this question a lot. Why is it that we no longer have missionaries? If the whites that brought this christianity to Nigeria decided to own churches, we wouldn't have known christianity now.
Most missionaries don't belong to any church.

So Op, in as much as he has been linked to Olumba, his father was buried in Anglican church which means we can safely say that Anglican is his native or birth church. Any other church he decides to attend as an adult and as a christain shouldn't bother us. Afterall, the current Pope prayed in the mosque few weeks ago.

1 Like

Re: Which Church Does Goodluck Jonathan Attend? by Amee1(m): 1:44pm On Dec 20, 2014
ZKOSOSO:
@OP you should better mind ur bznes cos GEJ is bible believing christian!!
He does not read the blackbook quran.
He reads the word of God.

If Buhari is a muslim then tell us whether he is sunni/ISIS or Shiite/hezbollah.
Is he Darika, izalla, ahmadiyya, tijjaniya, shia. Surfi, wahabiyya, salafiyya, hamas, alqaeda, bokoharam, alshabab or nasfat.
Point of correction holy Qur'an is not a blackbook but a holy book from Allah.Unlike bibles with many errors & contradiction writen by king james. u know that.

1 Like

Re: Which Church Does Goodluck Jonathan Attend? by Lilimax(f): 1:45pm On Dec 20, 2014
ZKOSOSO:
@OP you should better mind ur bznes cos GEJ is bible believing christian!!
He does not read the blackbook quran.
He reads the word of God.

If Buhari is a muslim then tell us whether he is sunni/ISIS or Shiite/hezbollah.
Is he Darika, izalla, ahmadiyya, tijjaniya, shia. Surfi, wahabiyya, salafiyya, hamas, alqaeda, bokoharam, alshabab or nasfat.
Re: Which Church Does Goodluck Jonathan Attend? by winnieG1(m): 1:50pm On Dec 20, 2014
gej attends church inside Aso Villa, can the OP remind us the name of the church in ASO Villa which other past christian Presidents in Nigeria attend?
Re: Which Church Does Goodluck Jonathan Attend? by emmasege: 1:50pm On Dec 20, 2014
If u don't know GEJs church by now, I doubt if are in Nigeria. He's unashamedly an Anglican!
Re: Which Church Does Goodluck Jonathan Attend? by tboyzy(m): 1:59pm On Dec 20, 2014
ultraGM:
He should be a member of Deeper Life because he so gentle
Really?? undecided
ultraGM:
He should be a member of Deeper Life because he so gentle
Really??
Re: Which Church Does Goodluck Jonathan Attend? by Nobody: 1:59pm On Dec 20, 2014
9jatriot:

Not that religion is suppose to matter in our choice of leaders, but since the politics of today is centred around religion even when the so called religious people obviously do not follow or obey the tenets of their religion, we still choose to follow that line blindly.

In the light of that, we know Buhari is a muslim, we know Sambo is a muslim, we know Osibanjo is a christian and attends RCCG, but we are simply told GEJ is a Christian but no mention of the congregation he is a part of. Nigerians want to know.
So, by now, you are not aware that he is an anglican knight? That's why his wife is "Dame" Patience Jonathan. "Dame" is the anglican equivalent of catholic church's "Lady" title for the wife of a knight. Just thought i should enlighten you a bit-at least for knowledge purpose (I want to assume that you are asking for knowledge purpose though). Cheers!

1 Like

Re: Which Church Does Goodluck Jonathan Attend? by Gynacologist(m): 2:04pm On Dec 20, 2014
nessaluv:
0f what importance is that to you and to 'Nigerians'.....?

@op do you know the church 0basanjo attended when he was the president
d one at d bck of ma house...
Re: Which Church Does Goodluck Jonathan Attend? by Locapito(m): 2:04pm On Dec 20, 2014
JEG must be a member of OKIJA SHRINE CHURCH OF NIGERIA. With T. ORJI, OKUPE, OBANIKORO, AKPABIO as co members. Afterall, the ASSOCIATION OF NIGERIA WICTHES & WIZARDS paid him as wife a visit inside ASO ROCK some years back.
Re: Which Church Does Goodluck Jonathan Attend? by Drone007: 2:05pm On Dec 20, 2014
tuncy:

Stop bearing false witness! Do you have a record of GEJ's christian service! When did he get born again! Is he or was he a worker in church....

If he is not born again na dsame destiny he get with GMB
Don't play mischief here. Attempt to be balanced, at least. Don't just tell us Buhari is a Moslem. Which sect does he beling to? Izalla, boko haram, al shabab, wahabiyya, sufi, shia....?
Re: Which Church Does Goodluck Jonathan Attend? by Papparassi: 2:11pm On Dec 20, 2014
GEJ stopped being an Olumba olumba since 1999. He dumped Olumba for Anglican in 1999 and now worships at RCCG. In fact he is regular to the RCCG Holy Ghost congress. He was at last years RCCG Holy Ghost congress in Lagos.

GEJ is a very close pal of Pastor Adeboye.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Church Does Goodluck Jonathan Attend? by Mclick(m): 2:14pm On Dec 20, 2014
All Christian fellowship, whereever two or tree are gathered wink
Re: Which Church Does Goodluck Jonathan Attend? by Bobby4090: 2:17pm On Dec 20, 2014
POINT OF CORRECTION- Obasanjo is a Baptist. Not RCCG. He only attends major RCCG programs like many from other churches do to...probably for political reasons. But his root and present day denomination is the Baptist Church.

1 Like

Re: Which Church Does Goodluck Jonathan Attend? by kwenu: 2:18pm On Dec 20, 2014
my brother u re so on point, this is one reason the church is divided today, church A preaches against church B, u attend different churches, they call you names, and i get to ask why? see Jesus himself the founder of the church never biult a physical structure and called it church, instead me made it spiritual , and he will go arround attending and teaching in different churches. people dont study thier bibles nowadays. there are people who dont attend church very often but they have the holyspirit in them and fellowship with him, is that not more than the physical structure u call church
delishpot:

Who said Nigerians want to know? Why must christianity be divided? Why cant a man just walk into any church and worship with the brethren there? A 3 year old once asked me why do we have many types of churches? He asked me why cant churches be the same? He was wondering why his mom had to take them far to worship when there is a church beside their home. That much wisdom comming from a 3 year old. Yet the old ones are not half as smart.
Na so una dey carry stir religious wahala.
Tell me, which church did Jesus Christ open? Redeemed?catholic? CMS? Olombaolumba? Which one did jesus start?

1 Like

Re: Which Church Does Goodluck Jonathan Attend? by Papparassi: 2:25pm On Dec 20, 2014
Jonathan stopped being an Olumba man very long time ago. All I know that he is very regular at Holy Ghost congress. He worships at RCCG sometimes..

GEJ is very close to Adeboye and worships at RCCG.
Re: Which Church Does Goodluck Jonathan Attend? by Donchinex(m): 2:27pm On Dec 20, 2014
Otueke Baptist Church. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Which Church Does Goodluck Jonathan Attend? by maybanks: 2:29pm On Dec 20, 2014
[quote author=RichDad1 post=29023475]
OBJ is an Orthodox Christian [Anglican/Methodist] cool

OBJ is a Baptist not an anglican.
Re: Which Church Does Goodluck Jonathan Attend? by Okudiover(m): 2:37pm On Dec 20, 2014
grin grin grin grin grin He is an elder at Otueke church for clueless/shoeless fishermen.
Re: Which Church Does Goodluck Jonathan Attend? by MEILYN(m): 2:39pm On Dec 20, 2014
tuncy:

How else can you be sure that he is a christian if not through his local church where they can tell us about his christian service, salvation record I.e when he got saved! What if na Eckankar or latter day saint... Lol
What if he is a Latter Day Saint? Are Latter Day Saints not Christians?
Re: Which Church Does Goodluck Jonathan Attend? by happyzed0(f): 2:49pm On Dec 20, 2014
desgiezd:
I heard once that he is a member of the Brotherhood Of The Cross & Star (Olumba Olumba Obu). I aint too sure of this anyway.
if u ar nt sure den shut up ur mouth
Re: Which Church Does Goodluck Jonathan Attend? by hectorswag(m): 3:04pm On Dec 20, 2014
SuperMartins:
Is this your problem at the moment?
hahahahahaha loool

1 Like

Re: Which Church Does Goodluck Jonathan Attend? by adanduka: 3:05pm On Dec 20, 2014
9jatriot:

WHICH MOSQUE DOES BUHARI ATTEND?

1 Like

Re: Which Church Does Goodluck Jonathan Attend? by olojaoke1(m): 3:18pm On Dec 20, 2014
delishpot:

Who said Nigerians want to know? Why must christianity be divided? Why cant a man just walk into any church and worship with the brethren there? A 3 year old once asked me why do we have many types of churches? He asked me why cant churches be the same? He was wondering why his mom had to take them far to worship when there is a church beside their home. That much wisdom comming from a 3 year old. Yet the old on

es are not half as smart.

YOU SERIOUSLY NEED THE THREE YEARS OLD TO PUT YOU RIGHT..
Na so una dey carry stir religious wahala.
Tell me, which church did Jesus Christ open? Redeemed?catholic? CMS? Olombaolumba? Which one did jesus start?
Re: Which Church Does Goodluck Jonathan Attend? by olojaoke1(m): 3:20pm On Dec 20, 2014
[quote author=olojaoke1 post=29051955][/quote]

YOU SERIOUSLY NEED THE THREE YEARS OLD TO PUT YOU RIGHT

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Coronavirus: Oyedepo Cancels Services At Winners Chapel In Maryland, USA / The Death Of Pastor Eskor Mfon Of RCCG / The Best Decision I Took That Changed My Life Forever

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.