Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,455 members, 7,808,623 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:26 PM

Our Enemies - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Our Enemies (13443 Views)

Why Do Best Friends Become Enemies? / How To Kill Your Friends (Or Enemies) On Facebook / All My Enemies I Am Still Alive (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Our Enemies by Harrychocoberry(m): 2:42pm On Dec 19, 2014
"MY ENEMIES ARE AT WORK"

A former work-mate Jay was giving me the low-down about something that happened to him recently.

A while back, he had attended an 'awesome' Halloween party, and had decided to go as a traditional masquerade. Ingenious right?

Jay brought the mask back home after the party, and hung it as a decoration on his room wall. It was a really grotesque mask – just imagine the alien’s face in the movie Predator. I chided him for hanging up the mask in his room, as it stuck out like a sore thumb, spoiling the overall décor of the place.

Fast forward, a month later, he pulled this really hot chick when he met at a wedding in Ph. They spoke on the phone for days, and then she promised to come visit him one Saturday.

Jay got the place ready for the lass’s visit. He tried to make the pad ‘condusive’.

He took out the sofa from the room, so that the girl would have to sit on the bed.

He turned down the thermostat on his split unit AC so that the place was very chilly, in case his female visitor required ‘warming’.

He ‘arranged’ condoms at every nook and cranny of his pad, to be ready whenever or wherever it went down. He put one on the bedroom dresser, put another under one of the pillows, one on the window seal, another in his pocket, two behind the television unit.

He warned the gateman not to leave his post, to prevent a mix-up.

He did some push-up, pull-ups and bicep curls with really heavy weights. Then he showered, dressed up and sprayed a healthy dose of Pleasures for Men by Estee Lauder.

The girl finally came around 2pm (African time), wearing a really smart tank top, some skin-fitting jeans and some really nice shoes. Jay was like wow! Jay said that she had a figure like a palm-wine keg. 

They chatted a bit, dug into some take-away that Jay had sent his house-boy for, and even watched a bit of the rom-com “Notting Hill”. By the time the part of the movie where Hugh Grant and Julia Robert’s characters climbed a wall into a garden came, Jay and his date had started snogging.

They were making out just fine, almost heading for a technical knock-out, when the girl looked up and noticed the mask.

Jay said that the way this girl flew out of his arms and bed was like a scene from Matrix where Keanu Reeves did a limbo type movement to dodge a bullet in slow motion.
(sorry o,I don't watch nollywood movies)

Her voice trembling, she shreiked ‘What is that? Is that ojuju?”

Jay tried to explain calmly “Nah, love. It is just a simple Halloween mask.”

The girl was not convinced. She moved towards the door. “What is a grotesque mask doing on your wall? What is it? There must be something wrong with you”

Jay tried to explain to this chick and allay her fears. She nor gree o. The die was cast – she even refused to finish the movie. After a while, she received a ‘phantom’ call from her bestie, and said she had to meet her cousin in Rumuokwuta. She bounced out of the crib like she was running from something.

Jay was left with a bruised ego and the damn mask on the wall. He took it down from the wall, and hung it in his living room instead. Let it bother uninvited guests now instead. Like the landlord and his agents.

In Nigeria, people dey fear. And most tragedies are usually blamed on one’s perceived enemies. If a politician got caught in EFCC’s net for misappropriating public funds; he would usually blame it on perceived enemies who are ‘intimidated by his profile.’

A neighbor’s son got caught with stolen car parts. His ma threw herself on the floor, rolling as she cried '‘My enemies have finally gotten me. Mo ti ku o…”

And at that point, I felt like defending her so-called enemies. I could swear I never saw anyone else with her son, when he living it up, blowing money fast. Even his friends would have been weak.

There was a program on TV sometime where a guy said he had just recovered from an ailment. According to him, he had ‘stepped’ on poison which had been an entrapment by his ‘enemies’, and had fallen ill. And I am like, wait a Nigerian minute (which is long by the way if you add African time), which one is ‘step on poison’ again? I never knew people could actually ‘step’ on poison? I thought they just put it in your food or beer, when you stepped away briefly to the loo. Or is there Wi-fi or Bluetooth poison now? But it made me realize how Nigerians feared their enemies.

Sometimes in some quarters, if a person bought a new/used (or Tokunboh or Belgium) automobile in Nigeria, family members would gather and make professions, pouring libations on the tires to ward off enemies.

May you trample over your foes with these big-ass 17 inch rims.

May you never ride shot-gun while your enemies are handling the steering wheel.
If it is my Bentley, I don’t mind actually.

May you see your enemies in your rear-view and never with your head-lights.

May your enemies be forever in your boot, but never in your bonnet? Don’t say amen here o. Some Ferraris and Lambos have their engines in the trunk instead.

Someone even prayed: May you never go backwards as you drive this car. All well and good, but you still need to reverse out of this tight-ass parking lot after these prayers end.

At church you could see members of the congregation tapping away on their blackberry or catching 40 winks(sleeping) or scoping flesh lustfully, but as soon as the pastor starts prayers binding and destroying enemies, everyone springs to attention with the chorus of a resounding Amen! And why not; your enemies may park behind you on the church car park, and be no-where to be found after service ends to start with.

If every person has enemies, then that means everyone is somehow an enemy to someone right? Then who are the good people then? Am I someone’s enemy even though I wish no man any evil? Haba, na wetin? My take is that everyone who has a village must have enemies.

Think well. Your enemies checked your SSCE, NECO and JAMB results before you did. They are the ones you hid information from when you got a visa for Jand (even the 3 month one).Your enemies were the last to know when you were interviewing for that choice job, but were the first to know when you landed that lucrative contract. If there is a way to trace your facebook page visitors (like Hi-5 used to have, and Linked-In does), you would see that your enemies check on you 24/7.

If the enemy of my enemy is my friend, should I really be hating and cursing him too?

All these postulations and theories are giving me malaria, abeg. As I go to cool off with some tender cow-leg pepper soup (okay this too is hot), let me pray for each and every one of my dear readers as you're about to enter the 'New Year';

May your pain be champagne.

If you are Fanta Chapman just out of the fridge, your enemies would be Limca in a 23cl ‘solo’ bottle straight from the crate.(dat drink still dey exist).

If you are a Mercedes G Wagon from a V.I. dealership, your enemies would be a Danfo Racer old model with a “For Sale” jerry-can on it.

If you are a Hollywood blockbuster starring Steven Seagul your foes would be a Yoruba movie with wrong English subtitles and gold tooth alatikas.

If you are a Celebrity poker game on ESPN, your enemies would be a local game of Ludo with 2 of the red and green seeds missing and the glass broken.

If you are a packet of Chivita juice, your enemies would be an agbalumon seed spat on the ground.

If you are a Transformers (movie), your enemies would be NEPA transformers with the mercury missing.

* Just joking, but I wish you all well. God bless.

Cc:
Safarigirl
Karchiebabe
Seun
Larrysun
D9ty7
Tosyn2much

#stillThaNewGuyHARRY#
•Chocoberry•

109 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Our Enemies by hungryboy(m): 2:52pm On Dec 19, 2014
Lol

2 Likes

Re: Our Enemies by OmolodMilkman93(m): 8:59am On Dec 23, 2014
harry and his hilarious posts,...

2 Likes

Re: Our Enemies by Harrychocoberry(m): 1:56pm On Dec 23, 2014
OmolodMilkman93:
harry and his hilarious posts,...

My brother,life is too short now to dwell on the mayhems happening in the society.
So.. I write to save myself and others the stress of bothering ourselves of irrelevant things,enjoy the rest of your day Jare.

15 Likes

Re: Our Enemies by eleojo23: 5:18am On Jan 01, 2015
It's common belief in Nigeria. Everybody has their own share of enemies and that's why people don't trust others because you don't know who your allotted enemies are.

True, bad people exist but most times it's just paranoia.

10 Likes

Re: Our Enemies by donstevico(m): 5:18am On Jan 01, 2015
Re: Our Enemies by ASPchris(m): 5:19am On Jan 01, 2015
Re: Our Enemies by KUNZEH(m): 5:19am On Jan 01, 2015
reading...
Re: Our Enemies by Blackchampion(m): 5:21am On Jan 01, 2015
I d come
Re: Our Enemies by Nobody: 5:22am On Jan 01, 2015
So you want me to read all that? You dey pay me? wink grin cheesy shocked... Na wa for hommies this new year ooo shocked
Harrychocoberry:
"MY ENEMIES ARE AT WORK"

A former work-mate Jay was giving me the low-down about something that happened to him recently.

A while back, he had attended an 'awesome' Halloween party, and had decided to go as a traditional masquerade. Ingenious right?

Jay brought the mask back home after the party, and hung it as a decoration on his room wall. It was a really grotesque mask – just imagine the alien’s face in the movie Predator. I chided him for hanging up the mask in his room, as it stuck out like a sore thumb, spoiling the overall décor of the place.

Fast forward, a month later, he pulled this really hot chick when he met at a wedding in Ph. They spoke on the phone for days, and then she promised to come visit him one Saturday.

Jay got the place ready for the lass’s visit. He tried to make the pad ‘condusive’.

He took out the sofa from the room, so that the girl would have to sit on the bed.

He turned down the thermostat on his split unit AC so that the place was very chilly, in case his female visitor required ‘warming’.

He ‘arranged’ condoms at every nook and cranny of his pad, to be ready whenever or wherever it went down. He put one on the bedroom dresser, put another under one of the pillows, one on the window seal, another in his pocket, two behind the television unit.

He warned the gateman not to leave his post, to prevent a mix-up.

He did some push-up, pull-ups and bicep curls with really heavy weights. Then he showered, dressed up and sprayed a healthy dose of Pleasures for Men by Estee Lauder.

The girl finally came around 2pm (African time), wearing a really smart tank top, some skin-fitting jeans and some really nice shoes. Jay was like wow! Jay said that she had a figure like a palm-wine keg. 

They chatted a bit, dug into some take-away that Jay had sent his house-boy for, and even watched a bit of the rom-com “Notting Hill”. By the time the part of the movie where Hugh Grant and Julia Robert’s characters climbed a wall into a garden came, Jay and his date had started snogging.

They were making out just fine, almost heading for a technical knock-out, when the girl looked up and noticed the mask.

Jay said that the way this girl flew out of his arms and bed was like a scene from Matrix where Keanu Reeves did a limbo type movement to dodge a bullet in slow motion.
(sorry o,I don't watch nollywood movies)

Her voice trembling, she shreiked ‘What is that? Is that ojuju?”

Jay tried to explain calmly “Nah, love. It is just a simple Halloween mask.”

The girl was not convinced. She moved towards the door. “What is a grotesque mask doing on your wall? What is it? There must be something wrong with you”

Jay tried to explain to this chick and allay her fears. She nor gree o. The die was cast – she even refused to finish the movie. After a while, she received a ‘phantom’ call from her bestie, and said she had to meet her cousin in Rumuokwuta. She bounced out of the crib like she was running from something.

Jay was left with a bruised ego and the damn mask on the wall. He took it down from the wall, and hung it in his living room instead. Let it bother uninvited guests now instead. Like the landlord and his agents.

In Nigeria, people dey fear. And most tragedies are usually blamed on one’s perceived enemies. If a politician got caught in EFCC’s net for misappropriating public funds; he would usually blame it on perceived enemies who are ‘intimidated by his profile.’

A neighbor’s son got caught with stolen car parts. His ma threw herself on the floor, rolling as she cried '‘My enemies have finally gotten me. Mo ti ku o…”

And at that point, I felt like defending her so-called enemies. I could swear I never saw anyone else with her son, when he living it up, blowing money fast. Even his friends would have been weak.

There was a program on TV sometime where a guy said he had just recovered from an ailment. According to him, he had ‘stepped’ on poison which had been an entrapment by his ‘enemies’, and had fallen ill. And I am like, wait a Nigerian minute (which is long by the way if you add African time), which one is ‘step on poison’ again? I never knew people could actually ‘step’ on poison? I thought they just put it in your food or beer, when you stepped away briefly to the loo. Or is there Wi-fi or Bluetooth poison now? But it made me realize how Nigerians feared their enemies.

Sometimes in some quarters, if a person bought a new/used (or Tokunboh or Belgium) automobile in Nigeria, family members would gather and make professions, pouring libations on the tires to ward off enemies.

May you trample over your foes with these big-ass 17 inch rims.

May you never ride shot-gun while your enemies are handling the steering wheel.
If it is my Bentley, I don’t mind actually.

May you see your enemies in your rear-view and never with your head-lights.

May your enemies be forever in your boot, but never in your bonnet? Don’t say amen here o. Some Ferraris and Lambos have their engines in the trunk instead.

Someone even prayed: May you never go backwards as you drive this car. All well and good, but you still need to reverse out of this tight-ass parking lot after these prayers end.

At church you could see members of the congregation tapping away on their blackberry or catching 40 winks(sleeping) or scoping flesh lustfully, but as soon as the pastor starts prayers binding and destroying enemies, everyone springs to attention with the chorus of a resounding Amen! And why not; your enemies may park behind you on the church car park, and be no-where to be found after service ends to start with.

If every person has enemies, then that means everyone is somehow an enemy to someone right? Then who are the good people then? Am I someone’s enemy even though I wish no man any evil? Haba, na wetin? My take is that everyone who has a village must have enemies.

Think well. Your enemies checked your SSCE, NECO and JAMB results before you did. They are the ones you hid information from when you got a visa for Jand (even the 3 month one).Your enemies were the last to know when you were interviewing for that choice job, but were the first to know when you landed that lucrative contract. If there is a way to trace your facebook page visitors (like Hi-5 used to have, and Linked-In does), you would see that your enemies check on you 24/7.

If the enemy of my enemy is my friend, should I really be hating and cursing him too?

All these postulations and theories are giving me malaria, abeg. As I go to cool off with some tender cow-leg pepper soup (okay this too is hot), let me pray for each and every one of my dear readers as you're about to enter the 'New Year';

May your pain be champagne.

If you are Fanta Chapman just out of the fridge, your enemies would be Limca in a 23cl ‘solo’ bottle straight from the crate.(dat drink still dey exist).

If you are a Mercedes G Wagon from a V.I. dealership, your enemies would be a Danfo Racer old model with a “For Sale” jerry-can on it.

If you are a Hollywood blockbuster starring Steven Seagul your foes would be a Yoruba movie with wrong English subtitles and gold tooth alatikas.

If you are a Celebrity poker game on ESPN, your enemies would be a local game of Ludo with 2 of the red and green seeds missing and the glass broken.

If you are a packet of Chivita juice, your enemies would be an agbalumon seed spat on the ground.

If you are a Transformers (movie), your enemies would be NEPA transformers with the mercury missing.

* Just joking, but I wish you all well. God bless.

Cc:
Safarigirl
Karchiebabe
Seun
Larrysun
D9ty7
Tosyn2much

#stillThaNewGuyHARRY#
•Chocoberry•

1 Like

Re: Our Enemies by Swash042(m): 5:22am On Jan 01, 2015
i like dis post....btw happy new year nairalanders!
Re: Our Enemies by Nobody: 5:25am On Jan 01, 2015
Do you have a blog? You're very funny.

Edit: I just want you shameless spacebookers to know that I read the entire OP without rushing, made a relevant comment, and whoa look at that, I'm on the first page. -_-

16 Likes

Re: Our Enemies by Mzjhulz(f): 5:26am On Jan 01, 2015
May my enemies not see me dis new year

5 Likes

Re: Our Enemies by KaceeDcontrol(m): 5:28am On Jan 01, 2015
hmm[i]hmm[/i]hmm
Re: Our Enemies by gbaskiboy: 5:33am On Jan 01, 2015
am glue to my TV set waiting to hear GEJ new year gift, grin

5 Likes

Re: Our Enemies by Ipheyemmy01(m): 5:33am On Jan 01, 2015
Bad belle people dey but no be as we take dey carry am for here. Mind you micro chip charm wey pass wifi dey for africa.

2 Likes

Re: Our Enemies by tyconcepts(f): 5:36am On Jan 01, 2015
People with nothing attached yo their name will be screaming haters & enemies.

grin grin

1 Like

Re: Our Enemies by Nobody: 5:41am On Jan 01, 2015
I don see my babe ooh. grin

1 Like

Re: Our Enemies by caesaraba(m): 5:43am On Jan 01, 2015
A very good read. Them pastors be making people nervous propagating the enemy sermon.
Truth is, with all the numerous drama facing each individual at any given time, people no send you reach the way you think. We all need to take a chill pill jare. Happy New Year NLanders.

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Our Enemies by cold(m): 5:45am On Jan 01, 2015
It's a typical Nigerian phenomena. Especially the Christian folk. They keep spraying everywhere with the 'blood of Jesus' yet,na dem fear pass. Everybody wan go heaven but nobody wan die. I tire!

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Our Enemies by DancingSkeleton(m): 5:46am On Jan 01, 2015
Its very very bad . They keep forgetting one tin dat their enemy is a member of their household not only dat but dey too re someone's enemy

Thank God for JW smiley

1 Like

Re: Our Enemies by coded01: 5:46am On Jan 01, 2015
ENEMIES... gringrin
Re: Our Enemies by stacomaster(m): 5:47am On Jan 01, 2015
My Enemies in NL no wan make I hit Front Page ..

1 Like

Re: Our Enemies by onadana: 5:53am On Jan 01, 2015
Is this a thesis or what...Haba this long sermon this new year

2 Likes

Re: Our Enemies by emma4eva(m): 5:54am On Jan 01, 2015
Making sense...
Re: Our Enemies by Bifwoli: 5:54am On Jan 01, 2015
Mzjhulz:
May my enemies not see me dis new year

Don't fear your enemies that attack you,

fear the fake friends that hug you.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Our Enemies by psyqs(m): 5:57am On Jan 01, 2015
HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

1 Like

Re: Our Enemies by chidekings(m): 5:58am On Jan 01, 2015
enemies exist,poisons exist,the world is too much for one person to comprehend.

3 Likes

Re: Our Enemies by iluvweed(m): 5:58am On Jan 01, 2015
Chai! Am supposed to be the first to comment but my ENEMIES struck me again! sad

4 Likes

Re: Our Enemies by youngwarlocks: 6:00am On Jan 01, 2015
ok
Re: Our Enemies by virtual7(m): 6:02am On Jan 01, 2015
Op, you too are my enemy. infact i bind you.
so you want me to relax and lose my guard without protecting myself against any enemy evil?
no worry make some of your enemies start with you and you go know say carton senior paper

2 Likes

Re: Our Enemies by Nobody: 6:02am On Jan 01, 2015
MissMeiya:
Do you have a blog? You're very funny.

Edit: I just want you shameless spacebookers to know that I read the entire OP without rushing, made a relevant comment, and whoa look at that, I'm on the first page. -_-
You too shocked
Ayamlaykorn

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nairaland Hits 1 Million Members Hurray! / Photos From The Fire Incident At Balogun Market This Morning / How To Write A “letter Of Happiness In Mmm

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.