Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,612 members, 7,801,783 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 10:44 PM

Come In, Let Me Hear Your Thoughts - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Come In, Let Me Hear Your Thoughts (5643 Views)

Straight From The Heart.. Let's Hear Your Thoughts On This. / 5 Things Women Hate To Hear / Does It Means She Really Love Me? Hear The Story (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Come In, Let Me Hear Your Thoughts by Nobody: 3:47pm On Dec 19, 2014
I always wonder how some people fall out of one relationship into another while others struggle to find a man/woman to call their own
The 'lucky' ones find it very easy to meet new partners and hardly ever have space between relationships. They manage to never stay single for long : a month or two passes and… poof! – they’re in a new relationship.

The 'unlucky' ones take longer to find somebody new – maybe a year, or even a few years. They just can't find people to be happy with
They kind of have certain expectations for their mates and since most people they meet don't fit the bill, they pass them up

My questions are;
1) Are people who seek perfection in a potential partner on a futile quest that has no ending?
Are they hardly in a relationship because they have a loooong "laundry list" of what they want and don't want in a man/woman?

2) What’s your average period between serious relationships?

3 Likes

Re: Come In, Let Me Hear Your Thoughts by chimerase2: 3:54pm On Dec 19, 2014
Zeemoor:
I always wonder how some people fall out of one relationship into another while others struggle to find a man/woman to call their own
The 'lucky' ones find it very easy to meet new partners and hardly ever have space between relationships. They manage to never stay single for long : a month or two passes and… poof! – they’re in a new relationship.

The 'unlucky' ones take longer to find somebody new – maybe a year, or even a few years. They just can't find people to be happy with
They kind of have certain expectations for their mates and since most people they meet don't fit the bill, they pass them up

My questions are;
1) Are people who seek perfection in a potential partner on a futile quest that has no ending?
Are they hardly in a relationship because they have a loooong "laundry list" of what they want and don't want in a man/woman?

2) What’s your average period between serious relationships?
free period lipsrsealed
Re: Come In, Let Me Hear Your Thoughts by naijaboiy: 3:58pm On Dec 19, 2014

2)i cant really say I have a particular span of time before I find a new partner.

The major thing is however long it takes that person should be who your heart really settles with smiley
Re: Come In, Let Me Hear Your Thoughts by 1one: 3:59pm On Dec 19, 2014
MizMyColi

I would reaaaaaally want to hear your opinion on this wink
Re: Come In, Let Me Hear Your Thoughts by 1one: 4:00pm On Dec 19, 2014
Zeemore

Very nice thread

Well articulated.

2 Likes

Re: Come In, Let Me Hear Your Thoughts by Nobody: 4:05pm On Dec 19, 2014
Trolls aren't welcome here
chimerase2:
free period lipsrsealed

3 Likes

Re: Come In, Let Me Hear Your Thoughts by Afrok(m): 4:05pm On Dec 19, 2014
Well back in secondary school, after the first 3 periods there is short break, next 2 periods there is long break before closing.

So I'll say, short period after first 3 heartbreaks, long period after the next 2 heartbreaks and then marriage if the heart never stop beating due to HEARTBREAKS undecided.
Re: Come In, Let Me Hear Your Thoughts by Nobody: 4:10pm On Dec 19, 2014
Thanks

So, what's your ideal gap between relationships, 2 weeks, 2 months or 2 years? smiley
1one:
Zeemore

Very nice thread

Well articulated.
Re: Come In, Let Me Hear Your Thoughts by chimerase2: 4:10pm On Dec 19, 2014
Zeemoor:
Trolls aren't welcome here
trolls? undecided
What do u understand by the word troll angry
Re: Come In, Let Me Hear Your Thoughts by herald9: 4:16pm On Dec 19, 2014
chimerase2:
trolls? undecided
What do u understand by the word troll angry

It means you should allow matured mind and experienced people talksmiley

2 Likes

Re: Come In, Let Me Hear Your Thoughts by Nobody: 4:18pm On Dec 19, 2014
Bless you
herald9:

3 Likes

Re: Come In, Let Me Hear Your Thoughts by 1one: 4:22pm On Dec 19, 2014
Zeemoor:
Thanks

So, what's your ideal gap between relationships, 2 weeks, 2 months or 2 years? smiley

Personally I don't have an ideal gap between relationships, the last time I was in anything remotely close to a relationship was 5years ago.. So for me, there's no "ideal gap" as it were.

I think the question of how long one should stay before the next relationship, should be a function and question of how emotionally, financially, spiritually and otherwise stable one is at that particular point in time in their lives, it should have little or nothing at all to do with numberics.

However the case is, whether 2days, 2months, 2years or 20years...it is important that one goes into a relationship for the right reasons, my personal submission is don't go into a relationship to look for happiness, instead go into a relationship because you want to share the happiness you've already found with someone special..someone you deem fit to share with.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Come In, Let Me Hear Your Thoughts by naijaboiy: 4:27pm On Dec 19, 2014
1one:

Personally I don't have an ideal gap between relationships, the last time I was in anything remotely close to a relationship was 5years ago.. So for me, there's no "ideal gap" as it were.

I think the question of how long one should stay before the next relationship, should be a function and question of how emotionally, financially, spiritually and otherwise stable one is at that particular point in time in their lives, it should have little or nothing at all to do with numberics.

However the case is, whether 2days, 2months, 2years or 20years...it is important that one goes into a relationship for the right reasons, my personal submission is don't go into a relationship to look for happiness, instead go into a relationship because you want to share the happiness you've already found with someone special..someone you deem fit to share with.
I couldn't agree more smiley

4 Likes

Re: Come In, Let Me Hear Your Thoughts by MizMyColi(f): 4:38pm On Dec 19, 2014
1one:
MizMyColi

I would reaaaaaally want to hear your opinion on this wink

Oukei
grin grin

I'm here now, reading........

1 Like

Re: Come In, Let Me Hear Your Thoughts by chimerase2: 4:55pm On Dec 19, 2014
herald9:

lol cheesy
Re: Come In, Let Me Hear Your Thoughts by MizMyColi(f): 5:30pm On Dec 19, 2014
@1one
@All

Here's my take.

1). First off, a person who seeks a serious relationship and is opportune to meet different wannabe partners must apply some level of self discipline. If I'm in a relationship today and I break up for some reason, I enter into another and I break up the the same or almost the same reason, and then I enter another which packs up for almost the same reason (within 6 months) --- I will stop and tell myself the hard truth.
I have gotten a whole lot of things misconstrued.
I have no clear definition what I want in a Man.
There are character traits about me that I need to work on.

Personally, I recommend a minimum of four months before going into another relationship. Let this be a time when we learn, when we reflect on past mistakes and then work at making ourselves better, while gearing ourselves up for our next attempt at loving.

I for one, I have certain expectations. I believe that my expectations will not be cut off. Talking of seeking for perfection, let's face it, no one is perfect, no one.
For me, during this phase of my life, I'm learning what it means to love people despite their imperfections, to embrace people, I'm learning to define what I want, I'm learning more about my weaknesses and strengths too. I am learning how to see myself and actually live the life of a person who is full of value and worth. Trust me, I am learning.

There is a right time and season for everything under the sun.

What matters really is what we do during our waiting periods, because it'll definitely tell when the Time comes.

Having a looong laundry list is not the ish, neither is having a short one. Anything is possible. Personally, I have observed that for people who are termed as being too far reaching or high handed --- it's just a single trait or two that they look out for in a partner, if its not there, forget it!

In matters like this, I maintain that wisdom remains profitable to direct. In terms of physical attributes and tangibles....... I really do not have set expectations......but when it comes to values and the intangibles, because that is what matters most to me as a person, I'm willing to wait, and keep on with self-development while at it.

I cannot marry a person who is insensitive, who isn't open,who isn't sincere (manipulative), who has trust issues and isn't trustworthy either. If this puts me among those with loooong laundry lists, thanks, I'm fine there. smiley

I believe, I've answered the questions, albeit scantily wink

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Come In, Let Me Hear Your Thoughts by dre11(m): 5:40pm On Dec 19, 2014
In line with the question you asked above

I will say,
Anyone who wants to seek perfection in a relationship is O.Y.O because man is made imperfect and in our imperfect way is where we are to find a common ground to develop any meaningful relationship.
That's why we have room for compromise, rooms to understand each other, study each other and accept each other flaws and manage the ones we can, encourage each other to drop the ones we can't cope with.
You can't give what you don't have...... Since you aren't perfect while expecting your partner to be perfect

First understand who you are and place a genuine price on your worth before you start thinking of the other person.....

For the second question........... It varies and what work for taiwo might not work for Kehinde and vice versa knowing that they are twins.

2 Likes

Re: Come In, Let Me Hear Your Thoughts by 1one: 5:55pm On Dec 19, 2014
@MizMyColi

Abeg why are you so intelligent like this

As long as your reply was, I was still checking under my table for more... Incase maybe I missed out somethings.... It's always always intellectually refreshing to read your posts/comments et al

Having a looong laundry list is not the ish, neither is having a short one. Anything is possible. Personally, I have observed that for people who are termed as being too far reaching or high handed --- it's just a single trait or two that they look out for in a partner, if its not there, forget it!

This is so so true.

1 Like

Re: Come In, Let Me Hear Your Thoughts by MizMyColi(f): 6:26pm On Dec 19, 2014
1one:
@MizMyColi

Abeg why are you so intelligent like this

As long as your reply was, I was still checking under my table for more... Incase maybe I missed out somethings.... It's always always intellectually refreshing to read your posts/comments et al

This is so so true.

Thanks 1one. Thank You. I really appreciate your kind words and glowing opinion of me.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Come In, Let Me Hear Your Thoughts by Nobody: 7:05pm On Dec 19, 2014
Jaw-dropping facts:

Did you know that humans have teeth?
Re: Come In, Let Me Hear Your Thoughts by jplay(m): 9:09pm On Dec 19, 2014
MizMyColi:
@1one
@All

Here's my take.

1). First off, a person who seeks a serious relationship and is opportune to meet different wannabe partners must apply some level of self discipline. If I'm in a relationship today and I break up for some reason, I enter into another and I break up the the same or almost the same reason, and then I enter another which packs up for almost the same reason (within 6 months) --- I will stop and tell myself the hard truth.
I have gotten a whole lot of things misconstrued.
I have no clear definition what I want in a Man.
There are character traits about me that I need to work on.

Personally, I recommend a minimum of four months before going into another relationship. Let this be a time when we learn, when we reflect on past mistakes and then work at making ourselves better, while gearing ourselves up for our next attempt at loving.

I for one, I have certain expectations. I believe that my expectations will not be cut off. Talking of seeking for perfection, let's face it, no one is perfect, no one.
For me, during this phase of my life, I'm learning what it means to love people despite their imperfections, to embrace people, I'm learning to define what I want, I'm learning more about my weaknesses and strengths too. I am learning how to see myself and actually live the life of a person who is full of value and worth. Trust me, I am learning.

There is a right time and season for everything under the sun.

What matters really is what we do during our waiting periods, because it'll definitely tell when the Time comes.

In matters like this, I maintain that wisdom remains profitable to direct. In terms of physical attributes and tangibles....... I really do not have set expectations......but when it comes to values and the intangibles, because that is what matters most to me as a person, I'm willing to wait, and keep on with self-development while at it.

I cannot marry a person who is insensitive, who isn't open,who isn't sincere (manipulative), who has trust issues and isn't trustworthy either. If this puts me among those with loooong laundry lists, thanks, I'm fine there. smiley

I believe, I've answered the questions, albeit scantily wink

so many people on dis site try too hard to act so smart! lmaooo

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Come In, Let Me Hear Your Thoughts by Nobody: 10:04pm On Dec 19, 2014
This part 'caught my eye'
Nne, having a long laundry list can be a major ish when the bar is set too high

Some ladies are just so uncompromising and rigid with their lists of expectations
The too many rules they set make it almost impossible for a man to meet their 'mr right' standards hence their remaining single for years
I'm not saying we should sell ourselves short but we should at least make our standards attainable

MizMyColi:

Having a looong laundry list is not the ish, neither is having a short one.

This is great, fair and reasonable, not over the bar
It isn't an unrealistic expectation men won't live up to smiley

1 Like

Re: Come In, Let Me Hear Your Thoughts by Nobody: 10:08pm On Dec 19, 2014
Naijaboiy, 1one, herald9, dre11 and Mizmycoli, thank you all for your contributions

4 Likes

Re: Come In, Let Me Hear Your Thoughts by Nobody: 10:32pm On Dec 19, 2014
Spoiling for a fight?
jplay:

so many people on dis site try too hard to act so smart! lmaooo

1 Like

Re: Come In, Let Me Hear Your Thoughts by Nobody: 2:53pm On Dec 20, 2014
This ur thirsty lips without face tire me
Re: Come In, Let Me Hear Your Thoughts by Oahray: 8:49pm On Dec 20, 2014
I don't think there's anything 'lucky' about bumping into one relationship after another in supersonic succession. But then, probably I'm the one assuming wrongly that you mean 'serious relationships'.

If a person spends a year or more after the end of a relationship, it doesn't necessarily mean she (or he. I'd use she here because girls often get to choose from a ready-made willing list unlike guys) ...is being choosy. Every issue has more than one side. She may not even be ready for another relationship yet, and is wise enough to realize it.

There's also the issue of vulnerability shortly after the end of a serious relationship, especially if it ended in hurt. It's not very wise to begin another immediately, as it would eventually crumble when the neediness fades.

Okay I'm talking too much. Now your questions...

1) Of course how long it takes to find what you are looking for, depends both on how readily it can be found and how much of it you are looking for. Ultimately, a person looking for one rare but important trait would likely search longer than one looking for a torrent of common traits.

High standards are not necessarily unrealistic, and the absence of a romantic relationship doesn't spell 'ill-luck', unless a relationship is all there is to being alive.

2) I do not have a wealth of past relationships to fall back on, so your 'average time' is a bit scary, tongue.

I think it depends on many factors, each of which is very much personal.... What kind of relationship you are looking for, what you truly want out of a relationship, how deeply involved you were in the last one, how deeply involved you want to be in the next... The list goes on.

I look out for depth in relationships. If a relationship doesn't work out, it would take some time to crawl out of that depth... some time to thoroughly determine what went wrong... time to modify my list of expectations... time to pick out the next person and plan my strategy while observing her from a comfy distance till I'm sure she's the one... Till it's time to move in for the kill.

For me, 6 months is not even enough.

2 Likes

Re: Come In, Let Me Hear Your Thoughts by gsalvatore: 1:17am On Dec 21, 2014
No particular time frame.

I just kinda flow with the current till I find/meet some one her bullshit is like cake to me. Am very choosy (that's a weakness I have).

Then I kill myself over her.

1 Like

Re: Come In, Let Me Hear Your Thoughts by damselabi(f): 4:56am On Dec 21, 2014
[quote author=Zeemoor post=29025159][/quote]Doesn't require a specific period of time, Matters of the heart don't come wit a time span.But most of the tym its beta to at least rest for like 6mths.

1 Like

Re: Come In, Let Me Hear Your Thoughts by Classicalmusic: 6:46am On Dec 21, 2014
[quote author=Zeemoor post=29025159][/quote]Well, it depends. Hope you're out of relationship.

Obviously, some folks find it difficult being in another relationship because of their previous experience while others think it's fun so they would always fall in love.

Meanwhile, we shouldn't be in a hurry to be in love. What really matters here is dedication. Being friends first is very important as to understanding each other.

It takes me couple of months to get a new girl because i love see to certain qualities in a woman and for the fact that people always focus on me to know the kind of woman that i go out with, i just have to go for the best. Someone who is good and kind-hearted but not infantile because it turns me off.

1 Like

Re: Come In, Let Me Hear Your Thoughts by Nobody: 8:33am On Dec 21, 2014
"They manage to never stay single for long : a month or two passes and… poof! – they’re in a new relationship "
Oahray:
But then, probably I'm the one assuming wrongly that you mean 'serious relationships'.

Is this because you only dive into meaningful relationships that lasts for along period of time, or you avoid dating like the plague so as not to get hurt or because you wanted your undivided attention on something other than a relationship?

2) I do not have a wealth of past relationships to fall back on, so your 'average time' is a bit scary, tongue.

Your patience is amazing grin

time to pick out the next person and plan my strategy while observing her from a comfy distance till I'm sure she's the one... Till it's time to move in for the kill.

For me, 6 months is not even enough.
Re: Come In, Let Me Hear Your Thoughts by Nobody: 8:40am On Dec 21, 2014
So am I
It's fine as long as you're not too picky about things that are not that important

[size=4pt] I hope you know we don't always get what we want in life?[/size]

gsalvatore:
No particular time frame.

I just kinda flow with the current till I find/meet some one her bullshit is like cake to me. Am very choosy (that's a weakness I have).

Then I kill myself over her.

Re: Come In, Let Me Hear Your Thoughts by Nobody: 8:46am On Dec 21, 2014
Is dating too much of a hassle that we have to 'rest'? grin
damselabi:
Doesn't require a specific period of time, Matters of the heart don't come wit a time span.But most of the tym its beta to at least rest for like 6mths.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

I Am Getting Married In A Month's Time, Should I Inform My Ex? / Question Of The Day. What Will Do If Ur Daughter Come Back From School Likedis / Igbo Guys Marrying Very Young Girls

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 111
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.