Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,087 members, 7,807,245 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:32 AM

Why Are Atheists Always Talking About Religion - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Are Atheists Always Talking About Religion (18865 Views)

Why Are Atheists All Over The World So Slow And Irrational / My Thoughts And Questions About Religion / Why Do Atheists Always Debate Theists And God's Existence? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are Atheists Always Talking About Religion by DaPhilosopher(m): 7:25pm On Dec 21, 2014
NigellusHosan:

just shut d fvck up...
U quoted me for this..
Don't u give up..do u think i'm unemployed..

lols! U sound like a frustrated unemployed person!!!! grin[quote author=NigellusHosan post=29083971]

what is my biz wit weda u r employed or not? U r just frustrated because you don't know the difference between Pantheism, Panantheism, and even theism (hahahaha)

Guy go sleep and stop typing wt u dnt know! Try read abt those who separated God from nature. Read about Mutazilism,Asharism and Baruch Spinoza on the topic!

Don't just frustrate cos I ONLY ASKED YOU A QUESTION! MOFO LIKE U!!!! hahahaha!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Atheists Always Talking About Religion by davien(m): 8:36pm On Dec 21, 2014
NigellusHosan:

if not for religion u would still b a savage...science sprang from religion..
Really...religion stops savagery?...tell me again the defining theme in the dark ages and what animism led to. undecided

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Atheists Always Talking About Religion by Orunto: 8:43pm On Dec 21, 2014
They have drunk many wines so they are confused and insane. The God they do not know is aware of their predicaments.
Re: Why Are Atheists Always Talking About Religion by MarieSucre(f): 10:33pm On Dec 21, 2014
danjumakolo:

Ahaaa! I can now see u are coming from the atheist,agnoist point of view...This is the national anthem of the atheists..that why will God allow us kill ourselves or why will God watch when innocent ppl are killed...
Babe,God is not human,he is an infinite,immaterial,omnipresent,omnipotent being who does not reason like u and me...he created us only for the purpose of worship..but then he made the laws here the way they are allow us reason btw right and wrong from the free will he gave us...but know that there is a day of reckony..
Hitler gassed six million jews..so are u saying hitler is dead and gone?and he won't be judged one day?

If u are here in this world by accident,me I am not ooo,I am here for a purpose...See the moment u don't believe there is God,u can't move an inch,that's y most Islamic scholars call atheist moving zombies
Honestly you did not answer the question. you raised what is called a straw man argument. you raised an argument i did not raise and answered it yourself. but thanks anyway. I still wonder why God gave conflicting revelations though...

4 Likes

Re: Why Are Atheists Always Talking About Religion by Proffdada: 4:15am On Dec 22, 2014
is it not a sheer and absolute stupidity to think a simple glass cup has a maker and yet a complex organism as the human was made by chance?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Are Atheists Always Talking About Religion by Weah96: 4:39am On Dec 22, 2014
Proffdada:
is it not a sheer and absolute stupidity to think a simple glass cup has a maker and yet a complex organism as the human was made by chance?

That is not what the believers are saying. They go a step beyond that, claiming to have a book that was dictated by the person/designer.

Your argument is rational, but has little to do with the position of the atheist.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Atheists Always Talking About Religion by Nobody: 6:07am On Dec 22, 2014
Zikdik:

OK. Bye.

see you
Re: Why Are Atheists Always Talking About Religion by Nobody: 6:13am On Dec 22, 2014
DaPhilosopher:

lols! U sound like a frustrated unemployed person!!!! grin

wereleleyin o
are u high
Y are u laughing

U are not even fit to be called an Atheist
U are a disgrace to ur religion..
Atheism is for sound minds...
U who can't spell because people claim atheist u sef waka join claim..
Ema worry..
Contunuous..

P.S
next time u want to quote me use a dictionary..triple check n ask a learned person to check if ur spellings are correctly spelt.

Yabaleft is still functional..
Re: Why Are Atheists Always Talking About Religion by Nobody: 6:21am On Dec 22, 2014
davien:
Really...religion stops savagery?...tell me again the defining theme in the dark ages and what animism led to. undecided

weren't ur ancestors savages
That's what i'm asking u...
You believe u are apelike don't u
Because now u can press phone n wear clothes u want to deny part of ur roots..
Hoeshishco
Re: Why Are Atheists Always Talking About Religion by frank317: 6:56am On Dec 22, 2014
NigellusHosan:

weren't ur ancestors savages
That's what i'm asking u...
You believe u are apelike don't u
Because now u can press phone n wear clothes u want to deny part of ur roots..
Hoeshishco

Guy stop commenting if u don't know what to say. The minds here are intellectual minds and reading u post makes me wanna puke. U must be a tout. Do u think people here are illiterates like u?

Just stop commenting pls... Go and do some reading and mind game, u are not yet qualified to be here. Come back 2 years time.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Atheists Always Talking About Religion by Proffdada: 7:06am On Dec 22, 2014
Weah96:

That is not what the believers are saying. They go a step beyond that, claiming to have a book that was dictated by the person/designer.

Your argument is rational, but has little to do with the position of the atheist.
that's still part of it because for a complex product there's a manual of usage and maintenance
Re: Why Are Atheists Always Talking About Religion by DaPhilosopher(m): 7:58am On Dec 22, 2014
NigellusHosan:

wereleleyin o
are u high
Y are u laughing

U are not even fit to be called an Atheist
U are a disgrace to ur religion..
Atheism is for sound minds...
U who can't spell because people claim atheist u sef waka join claim..
Ema worry..
Contunuous..

P.S
next time u want to quote me use a dictionary..triple check n ask a learned person to check if ur spellings are correctly spelt.

Yabaleft is still functional..

lols! U r really frustrasted! Wishing ya fellow man madness? I wonder u aint mad ya sef to knw som1 who is mad! Park well o jere! Olodo rabata! If u like type 20pg thesis, i wont reply u! Frustrated unemployed youth! Vex ur anger on ursef mumu! @Olosious fellow!

What is contunuous! Olodo rabata!
Re: Why Are Atheists Always Talking About Religion by Nobody: 12:33pm On Dec 22, 2014
MarieSucre:
Honestly you did not answer the question. you raised what is called a straw man argument. you raised an argument i did not raise and answered it yourself. but thanks anyway. I still wonder why God gave conflicting revelations though...

I am sorry if I hurt u...what conflicting revelations are u talking about?
Re: Why Are Atheists Always Talking About Religion by Weah96: 1:22pm On Dec 22, 2014
Proffdada:
that's still part of it because for a complex product there's a manual of usage and maintenance

Manufacturers do not write manuals for products but for customers using products.

Example, the manual for a 2015 Ford Taurus is not addressed to the 2015 Ford Taurus.
Besides, how can you show me that this designer thing speaks to human beings and has identified itself?

1 Like

Re: Why Are Atheists Always Talking About Religion by Proffdada: 1:27pm On Dec 22, 2014
Weah96:

Manufacturers do not write manuals for products but for customers using products.

Example, the manual for a 2015 Ford Taurus is not addressed to the 2015 Ford Taurus.
Besides, how can you show me that this designer thing speaks to human beings and has identified itself?
have u met Bill Gates or Steve Jobs?
Re: Why Are Atheists Always Talking About Religion by Niflheim(m): 1:42pm On Dec 22, 2014
@OP, Why do atheists speak about religion?

1.Jim Jones who used the bible to preach ordered the mass suicide of 918 people
2.Marshall Applewhite, who was heavily influenced by the bible, is responsible for the mass suicide of castrations of 39 people.
3.David Koresh convinced his members that the world would soon come to an end and convinced his members to lock themselves uip in a burning building.
4.Jung Myung Seok - South Korean religious sect leader and founder of Providence. Convicted for raping several of his followers.
5.Swami Premananda of Tiruchirapalli - Indian religious leader convicted and sentenced to two life sentences for the rape of 13 girls and murder in 2005.
6.Paul Schäfer - Former head of Chile-based Colonia Dignidad, was convicted of sexually abusing 25 children.
7.Luc Jouret - A founder of the Order of the Solar Temple. He was convicted in Canadian Federal Court of conspiring to buy illegal handguns.
8.Shoko Asahara, is a founder of the Japanese new religious group Aum Shinrikyo. He was convicted of masterminding the 1995 sarin gas attack on the Tokyo subway and several other crimes, for which he was sentenced to death in 2004. In June 2012, his execution was postponed due to further arrests of Aum Shinrikyo members.
9.The 1984 Rajneeshee bioterror attack was the food poisoning of 751 individuals in The Dalles, Oregon, United States, through the deliberate contamination of salad bars at ten local restaurants with salmonella. A leading group of followers of Bhagwan Shree Rajneesh (later known as Osho) had hoped to incapacitate the voting population of the city so that their own candidates would win the 1984 Wasco County elections.
10.David Brandt Berg (18 February 1919 – 1 October 1994) was the founder and leader of the new religious movement formerly called Children of God, and he encouraged boys to sleep with their mothers(MOTHERFUCKERS)!!!

1 Like

Re: Why Are Atheists Always Talking About Religion by Weah96: 1:55pm On Dec 22, 2014
Proffdada:

have u met Bill Gates or Steve Jobs?

Nope. Why?
Re: Why Are Atheists Always Talking About Religion by Proffdada: 2:32pm On Dec 22, 2014
Weah96:

Nope. Why?
then u only need the product and the manual
Re: Why Are Atheists Always Talking About Religion by Weah96: 7:39pm On Dec 22, 2014
Proffdada:
then u only need the product and the manual

But I am the product. Do I need myself?

1 Like

Re: Why Are Atheists Always Talking About Religion by careema(f): 8:31pm On Dec 22, 2014
Freemanan:
It still beats me that some educated folks will attack someone because he doesn't believe in a god. Even our constitution provides for the freedom of religion and conscience..... Conscience here means you can choose what to belief so long it doesn't infringe on another person's right. So, I still marvel when I see insultive comments labelled towards someone who is exhibiting individual consciousness or exercising his/her freedom/rights.

There is a God is all things and all things are god's manifestation. So just because I call my God science and you call yours spirit doesn't make your practice better, it just makes it acceptable because of our gullible environment.

Are you following the trend? Read @drjoe1 comments, he said the best defense is attack. Believe me, its not only the non believers that are attacking, the believers are defending themselves too. But he also gave a reply which I love, he wrote kids argue to fight, adults argue to learn.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Atheists Always Talking About Religion by Proffdada: 6:04am On Dec 23, 2014
Weah96:

But I am the product. Do I need myself?
yeah,u need ursef to coexist with other products
Re: Why Are Atheists Always Talking About Religion by asalimpo(m): 7:08am On Dec 23, 2014
Niflheim:
@OP, Why do atheists speak about religion?

1.Jim Jones who used the bible to preach ordered the mass suicide of 918 people
2.Marshall Applewhite, who was heavily influenced by the bible, is responsible for the mass suicide of castrations of 39 people.
3.David Koresh convinced his members that the world would soon come to an end and convinced his members to lock themselves uip in a burning building.
4.Jung Myung Seok - South Korean religious sect leader and founder of Providence. Convicted for raping several of his followers.
5.Swami Premananda of Tiruchirapalli - Indian religious leader convicted and sentenced to two life sentences for the rape of 13 girls and murder in 2005.
6.Paul Schäfer - Former head of Chile-based Colonia Dignidad, was convicted of sexually abusing 25 children.
7.Luc Jouret - A founder of the Order of the Solar Temple. He was convicted in Canadian Federal Court of conspiring to buy illegal handguns.
8.Shoko Asahara, is a founder of the Japanese new religious group Aum Shinrikyo. He was convicted of masterminding the 1995 sarin gas attack on the Tokyo subway and several other crimes, for which he was sentenced to death in 2004. In June 2012, his execution was postponed due to further arrests of Aum Shinrikyo members.
9.The 1984 Rajneeshee bioterror attack was the food poisoning of 751 individuals in The Dalles, Oregon, United States, through the deliberate contamination of salad bars at ten local restaurants with salmonella. A leading group of followers of Bhagwan Shree Rajneesh (later known as Osho) had hoped to incapacitate the voting population of the city so that their own candidates would win the 1984 Wasco County elections.
10.David Brandt Berg (18 February 1919 – 1 October 1994) was the founder and leader of the new religious movement formerly called Children of God, and he encouraged boys to sleep with their mothers(MOTHERFUCKERS)!!!
yeah evil deeds alright but how are these acts directly supported by the bible? (cant speak for other 'holy books')
Re: Why Are Atheists Always Talking About Religion by MarieSucre(f): 3:09pm On Dec 23, 2014
danjumakolo:

I am sorry if I hurt u...what conflicting revelations are u talking about?
Thanks for your polite reply. I mean over the course of human sojourn on this planet, many revelations have come from God to different civilizations, most contradicting each other. this is confusing don't you think?

1 Like

Re: Why Are Atheists Always Talking About Religion by Nobody: 4:30pm On Dec 23, 2014
MarieSucre:
Thanks for your polite reply. I mean over the course of human, many revelations have come from God to different civilizations. most contradicting each other. this is confusing don't you think?

This thread will go very long..I don't like to over burden seun with data...can we chat on a private platform..well just saying
Re: Why Are Atheists Always Talking About Religion by NoContract(m): 9:06pm On Dec 23, 2014
shadowgwalker:
and what achievement is it to wrap?

What is achievement to you?

Define achievement, you deluded fool.
Re: Why Are Atheists Always Talking About Religion by Nobody: 10:35pm On Dec 23, 2014
NoContract:

it's easy to check Google if I don't know. define what you know, you retarded son of a half pig -half snail. embarassed
NoContract:

it's easy to check Google if I don't know. define what you know, you retarded son of a half pig -half snail.
Re: Why Are Atheists Always Talking About Religion by Nobody: 10:41pm On Dec 23, 2014
there is no point arguing with an atheist. all they do is give you the latest excuse on why they don't believe in God. my prayer this day is for God to use me to reach out to His lost souls, the lost sheep of the Shepherd. my prayer this day is that more and more atheists should have reasons to acknowledge God Almighty.
Let God arise and let His Kingdom come!
Re: Why Are Atheists Always Talking About Religion by Proffdada: 7:50pm On Dec 25, 2014
shadowgwalker:
there is no point arguing with an atheist. all they do is give you the latest excuse on why they don't believe in God. my prayer this day is for God to use me to reach out to His lost souls, the lost sheep of the Shepherd. my prayer this day is that more and more atheists should have reasons to acknowledge God Almighty.
u r not to argue with them but educate them so they may find peace in the afterlife and live eternally in christ
Re: Why Are Atheists Always Talking About Religion by Nobody: 11:58pm On Dec 25, 2014
Proffdada:
u r not to argue with them but educate them so they may find peace in the afterlife and live eternally in christ
thanks a lot for that. God bless you.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Atheists Always Talking About Religion by Franklinus: 7:01am On Jun 10, 2015
FOR Catholics in the house and any one who is interested I invite you to read and comment on my blogposts...tell me what you think...we could have meaningful conversations and learn more about our Christian and Catholic faith. I invite those still in whatever form of doubt to log in to the credoexperience..com and ask your questions..... thanks as you do so...here is my latest post http://credoexperience..com/2015/06/the-holy-mass-forepatterned.html?m=1
Re: Why Are Atheists Always Talking About Religion by Weah96: 12:15am On Jun 11, 2015
Proffdada:

You and I will agree that the cell of an ordinary fowl is very complex in design. Where is the manual for the fowl cell and who gave it to who?

1 Like

Re: Why Are Atheists Always Talking About Religion by Weah96: 12:30am On Jun 11, 2015
shadowgwalker:

Which God? I believe that Gods exist, ask Folykaze. Your own God is a myth though.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Gombe Muslim Students Have Put Me In Sorrow By Killing My Friend / Thought Provoking Analysis On Non Traditional Religion / Pastor Adeboye Says Satan Planned 49 Plane Crashes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.