Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,320 members, 7,808,078 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:48 AM

The 5 Biggest Lies President Goodluck Jonathan Has Told Nigerians. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The 5 Biggest Lies President Goodluck Jonathan Has Told Nigerians. (4651 Views)

Tell Gov.wike,that My Mother Has Told Me What His Mother Told Him -magnus Abe / See The Six Most Outragious Lies Buhari Told Nigerians / President Goodluck Jonathan Has Only Spent 4 Years,11months (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The 5 Biggest Lies President Goodluck Jonathan Has Told Nigerians. by Guidette(f): 8:04pm On Dec 19, 2014
Since NL is a site of lists, I have decided to make my own list of lies GEJ has told us in the last 6 years including sources.
Feel free to add yours. Add valid sources so that PDP and TAN loyalists can't dispute any of them. Thanks.

1. "..If I'm voted into power, within the next four years, the issue of power will become a thing of the past. Four years is enough for anyone in power to make significant improvement, and if I can't improve on power within this period, it then means I CANNOT DO ANYTHING EVEN IF I AM THERE FOR THE NEXT FOUR YEARS" - Goodluck Jonathan, Vanguard newspaper, 2011
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/02/i-ll-not-contest-2015-election-jonathan

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-12339017

3. “The excesses of Boko Haram must stop. That is the decision of this present government now. It must stop, whatever it will cost the government, it must stop. The military intervention in the affected states is going on well. There is no human rights abuse and there is no collateral damage with regards to security of individuals. I am optimistic that with the level of success already being recorded, the emergency rule in the affected states may not last up to the six months stipulated by the Constitution,” Goodluck Jonathan, 2013
http://www.punchng.com/news/boko-haram-must-be-defeated-at-all-costs-jonathan/

4. "I believe that the kidnap of these girls will be the beginning of the end of terror in Nigeria. We will surely bring their daughters back." President Goodluck Jonathan on Chibok girls May 2014
http://m.bbc.com/news/world-africa-27328003

5. “Over 70 percent of what are called corruption, even by EFCC (Economic and Financial Crimes Commission) and other anti-corruption agencies is not corruption, but common stealing. Corruption is perception, not reality,” the President said during his 7th Presidential Media Chat
http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/160156-corruption-charges-ministers-politically-motivated-says-jonathan.html#sthash.aGWFtVXb.dpbs

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The 5 Biggest Lies President Goodluck Jonathan Has Told Nigerians. by Princecalm(m): 8:10pm On Dec 19, 2014
I just dey smile.

2 Likes

Re: The 5 Biggest Lies President Goodluck Jonathan Has Told Nigerians. by CzarRex: 8:11pm On Dec 19, 2014
Lolz..funny tho! grin
Re: The 5 Biggest Lies President Goodluck Jonathan Has Told Nigerians. by Tolexander: 8:14pm On Dec 19, 2014
2nd niger bridge!

3 Likes

Re: The 5 Biggest Lies President Goodluck Jonathan Has Told Nigerians. by motherlode: 8:18pm On Dec 19, 2014
if this were is his biggest lies, it simply means that there are still more little lies untold but the next to be added to that list is " if i am elected come 2015 i will make the necessary changes, please Nigerians permit me to right my wrongs grin "

Abi i dey lie ni? undecided

2 Likes

Re: The 5 Biggest Lies President Goodluck Jonathan Has Told Nigerians. by OrlandoOwoh(m): 8:24pm On Dec 19, 2014
Tolexander:
2nd niger bridge!
On the Second Niger Bridge, we are waiting for him to go on exile. He said that he would go on exile if he failed to construct the bridge.

5 Likes

Re: The 5 Biggest Lies President Goodluck Jonathan Has Told Nigerians. by OrlandoOwoh(m): 8:28pm On Dec 19, 2014
I won't forget the one he made on 01/10/2012 during his Independence Day speech. He said that according to the Transperency International (TI) Nigeria was next to the United States in the fight against corrupt. When the TI reacted, he withdrew the statement.

8 Likes

Re: The 5 Biggest Lies President Goodluck Jonathan Has Told Nigerians. by Nobody: 8:29pm On Dec 19, 2014
*still on the matter*

never believe what the media says!!it's all political.

well, the big lies are useless. . . I want to hear the little lies please.
Re: The 5 Biggest Lies President Goodluck Jonathan Has Told Nigerians. by buccal(m): 8:29pm On Dec 19, 2014
The man is just dull.datzsall.

2 Likes

Re: The 5 Biggest Lies President Goodluck Jonathan Has Told Nigerians. by ireneony(f): 8:34pm On Dec 19, 2014
mtchew like say we care,
if you want Jonathan to win come 2015 click like.
put APC town carriers to shame

4 Likes

Re: The 5 Biggest Lies President Goodluck Jonathan Has Told Nigerians. by FraNKAPP(m): 8:37pm On Dec 19, 2014
OP shut joor. And which politician is not a liar,,,eeeh, tell me?

1 Like

Re: The 5 Biggest Lies President Goodluck Jonathan Has Told Nigerians. by Tolexander: 8:38pm On Dec 19, 2014
OrlandoOwoh:

On the Second Niger Bridge, we are waiting for him to go on exile. He said that he would go on exile if he failed to construct the bridge.
GEJ is definitely going on political and administrative exile next year.

5 Likes

Re: The 5 Biggest Lies President Goodluck Jonathan Has Told Nigerians. by Guidette(f): 8:39pm On Dec 19, 2014
ireneony:
mtchew like say we care,

A prayer for you from the bottom of my heart:
May God direct your life the same way GEJ has handled Nigeria's affairs. AMEN!!!!!

15 Likes

Re: The 5 Biggest Lies President Goodluck Jonathan Has Told Nigerians. by Toktee(m): 8:40pm On Dec 19, 2014
ireneony:
mtchew like say we care,
That coming frm someone that collect salary frm one man to another b4 month end,iam nt suprised.
Re: The 5 Biggest Lies President Goodluck Jonathan Has Told Nigerians. by Guidette(f): 8:40pm On Dec 19, 2014
FraNKAPP:
OP shut joor. And which politician is not a liar,,,eeeh, tell me?
Lmaooo. Abeg quote Buhari or his VP on some of their lies including valid sources. I'm waiting o.

3 Likes

Re: The 5 Biggest Lies President Goodluck Jonathan Has Told Nigerians. by Purity1(f): 8:41pm On Dec 19, 2014
@op the issue of power was truely reviewed. Anyone can attest to the fact that our power sector has improved tremendously in his regime, talk of infrastructures and many more. The opposition parties in a bid to come to power has explored insecurity matter just to disrupt the present government.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The 5 Biggest Lies President Goodluck Jonathan Has Told Nigerians. by Toktee(m): 8:43pm On Dec 19, 2014
IF YOU KNOW THAT JONAH WILL GO BACK TO BAYELSA NXT YEAR AND FINALLY TO KIRIKIRI,click like for buhari.

29 Likes

Re: The 5 Biggest Lies President Goodluck Jonathan Has Told Nigerians. by Guidette(f): 8:45pm On Dec 19, 2014
OrlandoOwoh:
I won't forget the one he made on 01/10/2012 during his Independence Day speech. He said that according to the Transperency International (TI) Nigeria was next to the United States in the fight against corrupt. When the TI reacted, he withdrew the statement.
Source: http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/102095-president-jonathan-lied-in-independence-anniversary-broadcast.html

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The 5 Biggest Lies President Goodluck Jonathan Has Told Nigerians. by omenka(m): 8:47pm On Dec 19, 2014
Over 70 percent of what are called
corruption, even by EFCC (Economic and
Financial Crimes Commission) and other anti-
corruption agencies is not corruption, but
common stealing. Corruption is perception, not
reality
I think my heart just rolled over!!! OMG!!

5 Likes

Re: The 5 Biggest Lies President Goodluck Jonathan Has Told Nigerians. by ireneony(f): 8:50pm On Dec 19, 2014
Guidette:

May God direct your life the same way GEJ has handled Nigeria's affairs. AMEN!!!!!
please just stop it, Nigeria was already doomed from the corruption of our past leaders, don't blame Jonathan for all these. you think that a country that has been rubbish with corruption for more than 100 years, you want Jonathan to change it with a snap of an hand to look like America abi, within a period of 6 years.
we are so quick to judge without thinking about the consequences, when almost everyone in this country is corrupted.
you think buhari that cannot handle this country in his previous administration, will do better now that his old and a weakling.
Jonathan is going to win 2015 election. deal with it!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The 5 Biggest Lies President Goodluck Jonathan Has Told Nigerians. by crown777(m): 8:55pm On Dec 19, 2014
Guidette:

1000 Likes

3 Likes

Re: The 5 Biggest Lies President Goodluck Jonathan Has Told Nigerians. by ireneony(f): 8:56pm On Dec 19, 2014
Toktee:
That coming frm someone that collect salary frm one man to another b4 month end,iam nt suprised.
just because I don't reason like you, you don't have the right to give me a label that I'm not.
Jonathan is going to win 2015 election deal with it.

2 Likes

Re: The 5 Biggest Lies President Goodluck Jonathan Has Told Nigerians. by Guidette(f): 8:56pm On Dec 19, 2014
B
ireneony:
please just stop it, Nigeria was already doomed from the corruption of our past leaders, don't blame Jonathan for all these. you think that a country that has been rubbish with corruption for more than 100 years, you want Jonathan to change it with a snap of an hand to look like America abi, within a period of 6 years.
we are so quick to judge without thinking about the consequences, when almost everyone in this country is corrupted.
you think buhari that cannot handle this country in his previous administration, will do better now that his old and a weakling.
Lol. Why are you offended? I just said a small prayer for you. All this long story is not what I need. Just say amen and move on. Shikenan.

5 Likes

Re: The 5 Biggest Lies President Goodluck Jonathan Has Told Nigerians. by Purity1(f): 9:13pm On Dec 19, 2014
ireneony:

A thousand likes for this. We all should think between the lines and not be blinded by buhari's gentle look, and promises. Buhari is a time bomb waiting to explode if giving the opportunity.

2 Likes

Re: The 5 Biggest Lies President Goodluck Jonathan Has Told Nigerians. by KriTic24A: 9:19pm On Dec 19, 2014
Watching from sideways.................
Re: The 5 Biggest Lies President Goodluck Jonathan Has Told Nigerians. by Horus(m): 9:20pm On Dec 19, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PzukrOXar58

[size=15pt]"My tenure will end in 2015, I will not contest after".~ ( President Goodluck Jonathan)[/size]

3 Likes

Re: The 5 Biggest Lies President Goodluck Jonathan Has Told Nigerians. by Plus10(m): 9:33pm On Dec 19, 2014
Horus:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PzukrOXar58

[size=15pt]"My tenure will end in 2015, I will not contest after".~ ( President Goodluck Jonathan)[/size]
What of buhari who said 2011 would be the last election he was going to contest?

1 Like

Re: The 5 Biggest Lies President Goodluck Jonathan Has Told Nigerians. by minister2015: 9:48pm On Dec 19, 2014
honestly speaking Jonathan should be a very dull student during his school days, because one thing is certained he would embarass nigerians beyond your widest imagination in any international forum. I keep wondering is he always drunk.

6 Likes

Re: The 5 Biggest Lies President Goodluck Jonathan Has Told Nigerians. by Purity1(f): 10:18pm On Dec 19, 2014
minister2015:
honestly speaking Jonathan should be a very dull student during his school days, because one thing is certained he would embarass nigerians beyond your widest imagination in any international forum. I keep wondering is he always drunk.
He would embarrass Nigerians~ if he has not embarrassed us since what makes you think he will now
Re: The 5 Biggest Lies President Goodluck Jonathan Has Told Nigerians. by lekhane(m): 10:29pm On Dec 19, 2014
He has been lying since the days he was bayelsa governor and he's still lying till today
I wonder why a reasonable patriotic Nigerian should vote for Jonathan again. He has shown us he doesn't have what it takes to lead this great nation

2 Likes

Re: The 5 Biggest Lies President Goodluck Jonathan Has Told Nigerians. by Mubarack44(m): 10:46pm On Dec 19, 2014
Gej is total failure to our great Nation. by the grace of Allah we will use our mandate to vote him out of villa since it's not his father's house.
liar.

besides good job Op

4 Likes

Re: The 5 Biggest Lies President Goodluck Jonathan Has Told Nigerians. by Nobody: 10:54pm On Dec 19, 2014
Purity1:
@op the issue of power was truely reviewed. Anyone can attest to the fact that our power sector has improved tremendously in his regime, talk of infrastructures and many more. The opposition parties in a bid to come to power has explored insecurity matter just to disrupt the present government.

Yes! Anyone like your father & mother can attest that the power sector in your house has improved - Werey!

5 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Revealed: What Jonathan, Babangida Discussed / Dr. Ben Carson Endorse Trump His Former Rival / Breaking!!! Corruption: Court Orders Immediate Arrest Of Former President

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.