Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,856 members, 7,802,744 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:35 PM

Breaking news Boko Haram Kidnaps 185 Women And Children, Kills 32 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Breaking news Boko Haram Kidnaps 185 Women And Children, Kills 32 (1651 Views)

Boko Haram Kidnaps About 16 Women In Adamawa / Boko Haram Kidnaps 100 Villagers, Kills 32 / Boko Haram Kidnaps 35 Fleeing Gwoza Residents (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Breaking news Boko Haram Kidnaps 185 Women And Children, Kills 32 by RYANAYO(m): 8:13pm On Dec 19, 2014
Kano, Nigeria (CNN) -- Boko Haram insurgents kidnapped at least 185 women and children, and killed 32 people in a raid in northeastern Nigeria this week, local officials and residents said.
Gunmen in pickup trucks attacked the village of Gumsuri, just north of Chibok, on Sunday, shooting down men before herding women and children together.
"They gathered the women and children and took them away in trucks after burning most of the village with petrol bombs," a local government official said on condition of anonymity for fear of reprisal.
News of the attack took four days to emerge because of a lack of communication. Telecommunications towers in the region had been disabled in previous attacks.
Local officials learned of the attack from residents who fled to Maiduguri, the capital of Borno state, where the officials had moved a year ago to escape Boko Haram attacks.
The militants stormed the village from two directions, overwhelming local vigilantes who had repelled Boko Haram attacks over the course of the year, said Gumsuri resident Umar Ari, who trekked for four days to Maiduguri.
‎"They destroyed almost half the village and took away 185 women, girls and boys," Ari said.‎
Resident Modu Kalli said the militants fired heavy machine guns on the village and poured canisters of gasoline on houses before setting them on fire.
"We lost everything in the attack. I escaped with nothing, save the clothes I have on me," Kalli said.
Hundreds of residents of Gumsuri continue to arrive in Maiduguri, which has been struggling to accommodate thousands of residents fleeing towns and villages overrun by Boko Haram.
Cameroon: At least 116 Boko Haram fighters killed
Meanwhile, the Cameroon military says that it killed at least 116 Boko Haram fighters during a fight in northern Cameroon on Wednesday, near the border with northeastern Nigeria.
The incident began when the militant group tried to attack the Cameroonian town of Amchide, military spokesman Lt. Col. Didier Badjeck said.
One Cameroonian soldier was killed, and another was missing after the attack, according to a statement released by Badjeck. Boko Haram destroyed two trucks and stole a third, Badjeck said.
Badjeck said the military believes its artillery also inflicted unspecified damage to Boko Haram on the Nigerian side of the border during the fight.
"Our defense forces rigorously fought back this barbaric attack, and forced the enemy to retreat," Cameroonian government spokesman Issa Tchiroma Bakary said.
"This terrorist group has only one objective: to spread fear and uncertainty amongst our population. But I can assure you that they will be defeated," Bakary said.
Two months ago, the nearby area of Limani, Cameroon, was the site of a deadly clash between Boko Haram and Cameroonian forces. Eight Cameroonian soldiers and 107 Boko Haram fighters were killed during an attack by the militants that month, Cameroon state-run broadcaster CRTV reported, citing the Cameroonian defense ministry

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=He2HmUpm8NU&list=UUGCato_gFR7pyhbtdOZKI_A

http://edition.cnn.com/2014/12/18/world/africa/nigeria-boko-haram-kidnapping/index.html?hpt=iaf_c1
Re: Breaking news Boko Haram Kidnaps 185 Women And Children, Kills 32 by lagcity(m): 9:21pm On Dec 19, 2014
I understand it was difficult defeating BH when they were faceless and throwing bombs. But now , they are no longer faceless, they are taking territory and the military seems not to be able to conquer them. Nigeria is in deep crisis.
Re: Breaking news Boko Haram Kidnaps 185 Women And Children, Kills 32 by emaculate99: 3:20am On Dec 20, 2014
can u guys help me? I have been trying to download
applications using my android phone from Google play.
Each time I try downloading, I do get a frustrating msg
that my phone memory is not sufficient for the download
despite the fact that I have more than enough memory
on my phone.
Re: Breaking news Boko Haram Kidnaps 185 Women And Children, Kills 32 by mrking3(m): 3:34am On Dec 20, 2014
You know there's trouble when our military forces lacks the patriotic zeal to fight these evil men head on!! What exactly are we not getting right? Thought the military just acquired some latest hardwear to combact this men? Now its obvious Bokoharam have got moles in the Nigerian Army that's sabbotaging the effort of the military. Sad!

1 Like

Re: Breaking news Boko Haram Kidnaps 185 Women And Children, Kills 32 by persius555(m): 4:08am On Dec 20, 2014
Defeating boko haram is taking too long because there is no united and co-ordinated front in this effort. BH foot soldiers live and breed among the populace, despite this the military on both sides of the counries are having a hard time fishing them out and defeating them. Boko haram is an ideology supported by human of various faith and tribe. This ideology is shared by other groups all around the world. Ideologies cannot be defeated by military might alone or how do you explain a 12 year old willing to become a sucide bomber. There has to be an hollistic approach to solving this problem.
Re: Breaking news Boko Haram Kidnaps 185 Women And Children, Kills 32 by mistabiola: 5:19am On Dec 20, 2014
With all this insecurity ,I give up on #Jonathan

NEVER LISTEN TO THEM - Ota Ilu niwon.
-------------------------------------------------------

"We (Change Agents) brought Ribadu in 2011, they said he was too young and inexperience for Nigeria agenda. They asked us to tell him to go for his local government chairmanship instead. They told us that experience matters - they said we were too young to dictate who rules the country.

We told them half bread is better than nothing - they said not all the time. We told them their cup was half-empty, they said no, it was half-full. They sold us a counterfeit, dummy, 'inexperience-sly experienced' brand in the name of GOODLUCK. They said he was the Moses, destined to lead us out of our 'Egypt'. Millions of our country men fell inside the empty drum they placed on our head.

The decision time is here again. Here comes an Old General, the Experience they asked for in 2011. But listen to them again - 'The Man is Old' - 'We need fresh Blood' - 'He had done it before, we should continue enduring with their 'jesus''. #‎iLaugh‬ #‎iSmile‬

They are jokers. Their man has now graduated from a Moses to Jesus. But the 'Aso Rock Jesus' himself seems to have forgotten that for every Jesus, there must be a Judas & a Peter.

Someone should please help us tell them, may be they don't know. That - Across the Niger-area, from East to West, From Up North to Down South, the song across the land is CHANGE.

CHANGE from GOODLUCK to GOOD GOVERNANCE. CHANGE from MUSLIM, CHRISTIAN, NORTHERN, SOUTHERN NIGERIAN to ONE UNITED NIGERIA.

Buhari/Osinbajo is the CHANGE. We have made up our minds. A New Nigeria Is Possible." ~ Adeoye Abiola

#iThink | #iBelieve | #iNewNigeria
Re: Breaking news Boko Haram Kidnaps 185 Women And Children, Kills 32 by tit(f): 5:26am On Dec 20, 2014
This happened because soldiers like Fahat run away from battle with boko haram.
They leave boko haram to shoot villagers in the head at bridge, and throw the bodies into the river.
Look at the man that say he does not have weapon.
Is it true?
Did he borrow the gun he is posing with?

(1) (Reply)

An Open Letter From Alhaji Shehu Shagari To General Muhammadu Buhari / Unmasking The Emperor Tinubu "The Lion Of Bourdillon" A Must Watch. / 10 Reasons Why Akinwunmi Ambode Must Win Lagos State.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.