Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,906 members, 7,802,948 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:49 AM

Futminna: Two Students In Hijab Nearly Lynched - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Futminna: Two Students In Hijab Nearly Lynched (43928 Views)

JAMB: Muslim Candidates In Hijab Harassed - MSSN / How Students In ANSU Iron Their Matriculation Gown Today / Two Students In Court For Stealing Recharge Cards From Cripple (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Futminna: Two Students In Hijab Nearly Lynched by Nobody: 12:52am On Dec 20, 2014
nedu2000:
For now hijab should be banned outright,let's see everyone's faces

Hmmm my dear, that cannever happen.

Any attempt to even raise the suggestion in house of assembly will result in what you never expected in your wildest imaginations

Let's have respect for other people's belief.
Re: Futminna: Two Students In Hijab Nearly Lynched by Nobody: 12:56am On Dec 20, 2014
efobiugochukwu:
translate to english for the non speakers pls

Browse on the meaning.I my self always browse on arabic sentences or words. That easy aint it?

If you don't like the meaning, you can come back and express you dissatisfaction.
Re: Futminna: Two Students In Hijab Nearly Lynched by EmekaBlue(m): 12:58am On Dec 20, 2014
Somehow good a mosque was bombed sumtym ago @least even our muslim brodas r also vigilant now...Boko don Bleep themselves up
Re: Futminna: Two Students In Hijab Nearly Lynched by vanstanzy(m): 1:00am On Dec 20, 2014
umaryusuf:

Two female undergraduate students of the Federal University of Technology (FUT) Minna, Friday, were nearly lynched to death by irate members of the public when they were suspected and accused of being suicide bombers.

The students who were dressed in hijab (Islamic apparel for women) were returning to resume school when some members of the public at Central mosque Minna raised alarm that the two ladies were suspected to be suicide bombers.

Eye witness said that the two victims who were dressed covering all their bodies and faces were trying to walk across the frontage of the mosque when the jumat prayers were about to be said.

Their mode of dressing and the bags they were carrying attracted the attention of other worshippers and this led to the raising of alarm but for Police intervention the two ladies would have been lynched to death. One of the victims was injured by the irate crowd and she is currently receiving treatment from Police Clinic in Minna.

When contacted Niger State Police Command Public Relations Officer, Mr. Ibrahim Gambari confirmed the incident but said that the two victims were wrongly accused.

“When the attention of our men on duty was drawn to the ladies, they were subjected to bodily search and their bags also whisked and nothing incriminating were found on them. We were able to establish that the two of them are returning students of FUT Minna. Their mode of dressing made people to suspect them.

“It took the timely intervention of our men as members of the public had started to beat up one of the ladies leading to the point of sustaining some injuries and she is being treated at the Police Clinic,” Gambari state.

The Police spokesman, who decried the mob action of members of the public, advised that Police should be allowed to do their work after complaint must have been lodged.

Source: http://thenationonlineng.net/new/minna-two-students-hijab-nearly-mobbed/

Brand new Hijabs from Saudi Arabia for sale!!!!! grin grin grin grin grin Get your Hijabs here at PROMO PRICE!!! Non-suspecting Hijabs for sale here!!! grin grin grin Wear this and you will be INVISIBLE to mobs.
Re: Futminna: Two Students In Hijab Nearly Lynched by Reference(m): 1:07am On Dec 20, 2014
Tragic. This is exactly what Boko Haram wants. For us to turn on each other out of sheer terror. We must be brave, resist the fear and live our lives in freedom.

1 Like

Re: Futminna: Two Students In Hijab Nearly Lynched by owolawitola(f): 1:15am On Dec 20, 2014
Most people show their faces nah
Sard:

I also dont support wearing provocative or revealing clothes, ma'am. But whatever you wear, your identity must not be hidden. i.e your face must be distinctively shown. I never meant to sound offensive,anyway.
Re: Futminna: Two Students In Hijab Nearly Lynched by odehaj: 1:47am On Dec 20, 2014
tola9ja:
BOKO HARAM IS NOT ISLAM TEACHINGS AND PRACTICE
DON'T ASCRIBE TERRORIST WITH ISLAM
Q5:32
On that account We prescribed for the Seeds (Or: sons) of Israel) that whoever kills a self-other than for (killing another) self or (Literally: nor) for corruption in the earth-then it will be as if he had killed mankind altogether; and whoever gives life to it, (i.e., a self) then it will be as if he had given life to mankind altogether. And indeed Our Messengers have already come to them with supreme evidences; thereafter surely many of them after that are indeed extravagant in the earth.

Oga...this your campaign is belated,tell it to the unborn children or if you must,tell it to the ants!Even a day old child worldwide knows better.The ideals of Islam cannot stand the test of time.I suggest the entire quran be reviewed...anyway fake does not last.

3 Likes

Re: Futminna: Two Students In Hijab Nearly Lynched by Nobody: 2:00am On Dec 20, 2014
umaryusuf:

Two female undergraduate students of the Federal University of Technology (FUT) Minna, Friday, were nearly lynched to death by irate members of the public when they were suspected and accused of being suicide bombers.

The students who were dressed in hijab (Islamic apparel for women) were returning to resume school when some members of the public at Central mosque Minna raised alarm that the two ladies were suspected to be suicide bombers.

Eye witness said that the two victims who were dressed covering all their bodies and faces were trying to walk across the frontage of the mosque when the jumat prayers were about to be said.

Their mode of dressing and the bags they were carrying attracted the attention of other worshippers and this led to the raising of alarm but for Police intervention the two ladies would have been lynched to death. One of the victims was injured by the irate crowd and she is currently receiving treatment from Police Clinic in Minna.

When contacted Niger State Police Command Public Relations Officer, Mr. Ibrahim Gambari confirmed the incident but said that the two victims were wrongly accused.

“When the attention of our men on duty was drawn to the ladies, they were subjected to bodily search and their bags also whisked and nothing incriminating were found on them. We were able to establish that the two of them are returning students of FUT Minna. Their mode of dressing made people to suspect them.

“It took the timely intervention of our men as members of the public had started to beat up one of the ladies leading to the point of sustaining some injuries and she is being treated at the Police Clinic,” Gambari state.

The Police spokesman, who decried the mob action of members of the public, advised that Police should be allowed to do their work after complaint must have been lodged.

Source: http://thenationonlineng.net/new/minna-two-students-hijab-nearly-mobbed/

Thank God it is their own people attacking them
Had it been a group of youths of unknown faith,they would have started burning Churches and slaughtering Christians in Minna like okuko

Let them ban hijabs,that's the only solution
It's now time to ban the thing since it is now a camouflage for terrorists and innocent women may be lynched in the process
Make it illegal to wear in public places

2 Likes

Re: Futminna: Two Students In Hijab Nearly Lynched by Nobody: 2:05am On Dec 20, 2014
EmekaBlue:
Somehow good a mosque was bombed sumtym ago @least even our muslim brodas r also vigilant now...Boko don Bleep themselves up

I wrote a while ago that all it will take for Muslims to wake up is boko to strike a few mosques full of dignitaries
As long as churches were bombed,they didn't care,they were praising Allah for saving the mosques
This was needed to wake them up to a common enemy
Now they want to naked their hijabi sisters
I am glad the girls weren't harmed sha

1 Like

Re: Futminna: Two Students In Hijab Nearly Lynched by akinswaggs(m): 2:06am On Dec 20, 2014
Nawa oh. Because of Bk!! Chai

[url=htt://nigeriapromoblog.com]www.nigeriapromoblog.com[/url]
Re: Futminna: Two Students In Hijab Nearly Lynched by dims95(m): 2:08am On Dec 20, 2014
omokugbor4real:
Any Quantity Surveying student online, should pls tell me the numbers of year their course of study takes in minna. Its very important pls
5 years.
Re: Futminna: Two Students In Hijab Nearly Lynched by Nobody: 2:08am On Dec 20, 2014
holatin:
Boko harm
You see wetin you curse.

For trying to tarnish Islam image.

May You end in Jahannam [Hellfire] ᴴᴰ

Am a Muslim
Am not a terrorist.

Tell that to Buhari,ciroma,hell Rufai and the sultan of sakwato ,Lateef Adegbite and various Muslim groups including APC that cried blue murder if the hair of a boko haram member went missing.the same people wanted amnesty for boko haram , demanded that GEJ on no account declare a state of emergency in those states,the same people called BH disgruntled and disenfranchised youths and made excuse upon excuse when this thing could have been nipped in the bud.have we forgotten they said at several times that a clamp down on boko was a clamp down on Islam
When did you folks wake up?

5 Likes

Re: Futminna: Two Students In Hijab Nearly Lynched by Lilimax(f): 2:14am On Dec 20, 2014
Bokoharams are Christians undecided I read it on this thread . You guys should keep on decieving yourselves sad

1 Like

Re: Futminna: Two Students In Hijab Nearly Lynched by sanerugwei: 2:15am On Dec 20, 2014
emiraty:

Hmmm my dear, that cannever happen.

Any attempt to even raise the suggestion in house of assembly will result in what you never expected in your wildest imaginations

Let's have respect for other people's belief.

We are talking about security of lives here...though human life means nothing to you ppeople.
This one has started threatening. Next you pole will start bombing and other violence stuff.
Yet you shout peace...or is it pieces or pass.

2 Likes

Re: Futminna: Two Students In Hijab Nearly Lynched by Lilimax(f): 2:17am On Dec 20, 2014
babyosisi:

Tell that to Buhari,ciroma,hell Rufai and the sultan of sakwato ,Lateef Adegbite and various Muslim groups including APC that cried blue murder if the hair of a boko haram member went missing.the same people wanted amnesty for boko haram , demanded that GEJ on no account declare a state of emergency in those states,the same people called BH disgruntled and disenfranchised youths and made excuse upon excuse when this thing could have been nipped in the bud.have we forgotten they said at several times that a clamp down on boko was a clamp down on Islam
When did you folks wake up?
Don't mind them jare . Bokoharams are on agenda to Islamise Nigeria but God forbid.

1 Like

Re: Futminna: Two Students In Hijab Nearly Lynched by Nobody: 2:20am On Dec 20, 2014
Lilimax:
Don't mind them jare . Bokoharams are on agenda to Islamise Nigeria but God forbid.

They are condemning boko haram now because the bingo they sent to bite their neighbor has morphed into a wild and ferocious beast and they can no longer control which direction it may go.

1 Like

Re: Futminna: Two Students In Hijab Nearly Lynched by Tokunbohkinibig: 2:41am On Dec 20, 2014
holatin:
Boko harm
You see wetin you curse.

Am a Muslim
Am not a terrorist.

I laughed each time I see my muslim Yoruba brothers................. I beg, wetin carry una go join this Islam self? And d thing-Islam no com fit/suit una. Na God go punish that devil wey entice una with this kind ting

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Futminna: Two Students In Hijab Nearly Lynched by Franiey: 2:55am On Dec 20, 2014
see the guy who sojurned far away, now he is back

http://www.bubblews.com/news/9714788-sojourned-far-away-now-i-am-back
Re: Futminna: Two Students In Hijab Nearly Lynched by davione: 3:05am On Dec 20, 2014
holatin:
Boko harm
You see wetin you curse.

Am a Muslim
Am not a terrorist.

You've said it all my friend
Re: Futminna: Two Students In Hijab Nearly Lynched by fuckerholic(m): 3:20am On Dec 20, 2014
Sard:
The people are just being vigilant. Everybody in hijab is a suspect.
You cant keep dressing like a masquerade and expect people not be suspecting you. angry
the first day I saw the women dressed in that Hijab of a thing,honestly I was scared.
Re: Futminna: Two Students In Hijab Nearly Lynched by Imoy(m): 3:32am On Dec 20, 2014
scholes0:
Ignorant reporting and comments from some..
They must have been wearing a burqa, not a hijab. hijab doesent even cover the face, it just covers the head/hair, shoulders, bust and sometimes it can be a little bit longer and extend to the waist level.
A burqa is the one that covers the body completely including feet and face- you can hide anything in there. If people see wearing hijab as offensive and are clamouring for it to be "banned"- y'all might as well ask for ladies to be prohibited from wearing long skirts for those who chose to do so, cause both serve the same purpose- Modesty.
Ok, but can they ban wearing of BURQA abi na burger? grin

Seriously these boko bois are turning dis con3 into smeting else

1 Like

Re: Futminna: Two Students In Hijab Nearly Lynched by Aringarosa(m): 3:45am On Dec 20, 2014
The fear of hijab is the beginning of...

Someone help me complete the sentence.
Re: Futminna: Two Students In Hijab Nearly Lynched by fuckerholic(m): 3:58am On Dec 20, 2014
Tokunbohkinibig:

I laughed each time I see my muslim Yoruba brothers................. I beg, wetin carry una go join this Islam self? And d thing-Islam no com fit/suit una. Na God go punish that devil wey entice una with this kind ting
my brother the thing is that your yoruba folks are too easy to be decieved,used and ruled.they fell into islam during the nothern reign era for a plate of poridged yam from the notherners.just imagine how they are forming alliance with the northerners against their fellow southerners (igbos/niger deltans) even when they (yorubas) are underdogs to them.do you know the level of a formidable force and strong powerful economy the south can form together if united like the north.the north never liked any southerner nomatter what unless when they are using you against each other.think about Abiola case.

3 Likes

Re: Futminna: Two Students In Hijab Nearly Lynched by lirusehn(m): 4:06am On Dec 20, 2014
Elantracey:
I wonder the kind of discrimination they will be facing just because of a few that am sure are not even acting in their own will . sad
Re: Futminna: Two Students In Hijab Nearly Lynched by Sard(m): 4:06am On Dec 20, 2014
drlawizle:

Shekau under the veil! Lmao...make you open the veil to kiss the bride and what you see is Shekau! Wetin you go do?
My broda, that one na die o. Hey, na to run, jump, hop,,,,just do anything to run away.
fuckerholic:
the first day I saw the women dressed in that Hijab of a thing,honestly I was scared.
Not only you, bro. The sight of a fully covered face always pisses me off. How can someone be so fvcked up because of religion? I tire o cry

2 Likes

Re: Futminna: Two Students In Hijab Nearly Lynched by adrianjoe(m): 4:19am On Dec 20, 2014
omokugbor4real:
Pls, how many years is QS in minna
...its 5 years
Re: Futminna: Two Students In Hijab Nearly Lynched by Kunlexic(m): 5:25am On Dec 20, 2014
Just passing by.I can't talk coz my mouth is sealed
Re: Futminna: Two Students In Hijab Nearly Lynched by youngwarlocks: 5:36am On Dec 20, 2014
omokugbor4real:
Pls, how many years is QS in minna

every course for futmx na 5yrs.....even if na how to boil water

1 Like

Re: Futminna: Two Students In Hijab Nearly Lynched by Ilekokonit: 5:38am On Dec 20, 2014
Same thing happened in America after 9/11 when Sikhs because of their head turban were mistaken for muslims and attacked.
Re: Futminna: Two Students In Hijab Nearly Lynched by youngwarlocks: 5:38am On Dec 20, 2014
omokugbor4real:
Any Quantity Surveying student online, should pls tell me the numbers of year their course of study takes in minna. Its very important pls

5years
Re: Futminna: Two Students In Hijab Nearly Lynched by Ilekokonit: 5:43am On Dec 20, 2014
Same thing happened in America after 9/11 when Sikhs because of their head turban were mistaken for muslims and attacked.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

LAUTECH Professor, Abass Olajire Slumps, Dies In Mosque / Killing Of Python: Alvan Ikoku College Asked To Cleanse The Land / Dirty Toilets, Overgrown Grasses As Nairalander Posts Pictures Of Madonna Uni

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.