Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,288 members, 7,807,979 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:58 AM

Sam Smith Becomes 1st Artiste To Sell 1m Copies In UK And US This Year - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Sam Smith Becomes 1st Artiste To Sell 1m Copies In UK And US This Year (915 Views)

Que Peller Becomes First Nigerian Artiste To Perform Magic On Stage / Flavour Sells 1 Million Copies Of New Album In 5 Days...with No Hype / Nicki Minaj Signs Nigerian Parker Ighile As The 1st Artiste On Her Label (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sam Smith Becomes 1st Artiste To Sell 1m Copies In UK And US This Year by chibyksveejay(m): 10:03pm On Dec 19, 2014
According to figures Sam Smith’s debut album, In The Lonely Hour passed the 1m landmark in the UK and across the globe this week. Photo: Dymond

British singer and song writer, Sam Smith has emerged the only artiste in the world to sell one million copies in UK and US from his debut album, In The Lonely Hour in 2014.
According to figures by the Official Charts Company, his debut album passed the 1m landmarks in the UK and across the globe this week

Speaking of his achievement, the ‘Stay with me’ told Official Charts.com: ‘Officially sold 1 Million copies of ‘In the Lonely Hour’, ‘To say I am ecstatic is a huge understatement. Thank you so much to every single person who has purchased my album.’
The 22-year old singer also took to his Twitter page to share the good news with his fans after achieving the new milestone, saying: 1 million albums sold in UK and 1 million sold in America – completely speechless.’

With the feat, Sam Smith has now joined the likes of Adele, Michael Buble, and Bruno Mars who also passed 1m sales figure in 2011.

Re: Sam Smith Becomes 1st Artiste To Sell 1m Copies In UK And US This Year by softandsweet(f): 10:06pm On Dec 19, 2014
cool cool smiley. I love his songs.........., kudos to him
Re: Sam Smith Becomes 1st Artiste To Sell 1m Copies In UK And US This Year by alberto2k(m): 10:06pm On Dec 19, 2014
Goodnews for him

Too bad I don't even know him
Re: Sam Smith Becomes 1st Artiste To Sell 1m Copies In UK And US This Year by aristocrazzy: 10:08pm On Dec 19, 2014
This is the next bruno mars no doubt.
Re: Sam Smith Becomes 1st Artiste To Sell 1m Copies In UK And US This Year by Nobody: 10:10pm On Dec 19, 2014
softandsweet:
I
love his songs.........., kudos to him

Same here.
Though his songs are kinda Moody.
Re: Sam Smith Becomes 1st Artiste To Sell 1m Copies In UK And US This Year by Airforce1(m): 10:23pm On Dec 19, 2014
i only listen to naija songs

Proudly Naija
Re: Sam Smith Becomes 1st Artiste To Sell 1m Copies In UK And US This Year by Nobody: 10:53pm On Dec 19, 2014
softandsweet:
yea. especially the track titled 'Money on my mind'
Re: Sam Smith Becomes 1st Artiste To Sell 1m Copies In UK And US This Year by chibyksveejay(m): 11:24pm On Dec 19, 2014
softandsweet:
dah stay wif me ehh.... I play it everyday.... He is nominated for 6 grammys
Re: Sam Smith Becomes 1st Artiste To Sell 1m Copies In UK And US This Year by chibyksveejay(m): 11:26pm On Dec 19, 2014
aristocrazzy:
This is the next bruno mars no doubt.
ah think dis is next Adele!! British singers dey vex dis days
Re: Sam Smith Becomes 1st Artiste To Sell 1m Copies In UK And US This Year by chibyksveejay(m): 11:27pm On Dec 19, 2014
Nominated 6 Grammy's

Re: Sam Smith Becomes 1st Artiste To Sell 1m Copies In UK And US This Year by icebebe(f): 11:29pm On Dec 19, 2014
Cool guy
Re: Sam Smith Becomes 1st Artiste To Sell 1m Copies In UK And US This Year by Richiy(f): 12:57am On Dec 20, 2014
I love Sam Smith. His "Not the only one" is just classical.
Re: Sam Smith Becomes 1st Artiste To Sell 1m Copies In UK And US This Year by chibyksveejay(m): 8:18am On Dec 20, 2014
Guys,juz remember to vote for him #grammys
Re: Sam Smith Becomes 1st Artiste To Sell 1m Copies In UK And US This Year by chibyksveejay(m): 8:20am On Dec 20, 2014
Oga Seun and moderators, this is a relevant info, would be grateful if yhu put it on d frontpage plz

(1) (Reply)

Merry Christmas Nairalanders, Am Really In The Mood!! / Tonto Dikeh’s Ex-boyfriend Buys Customized 10 Carat Cartier Watch 4 His New Beau / All Women Are Prostitutes - Maheeda[see Reason]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.