Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,975 members, 7,806,836 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:28 AM

How Do I Stop My Addiction To Zina (fornication) - Islam for Muslims (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / How Do I Stop My Addiction To Zina (fornication) (51452 Views)

How Can I Stop Sleeping While In The Mosque? / THE Sin Of Fornication And Adultery In Islam Part 1 / Fornication And Pregnancy Before Marriage : Islamic Perspective (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do I Stop My Addiction To Zina (fornication) by richy16(m): 12:04pm On Jan 02, 2015
chelseabmw:
This one go hard oh... fornication to me better pass adultery.

Sorry OP, I can't abstain from it cry

Oops seems I'm in the wrong thread
nice one....
Re: How Do I Stop My Addiction To Zina (fornication) by seansifo(m): 12:06pm On Jan 02, 2015
As a Christian, fornication isn't just an act but it's a spirit one has no renounce such spirit after which one has to make physical effort. Most of us inherited such spirit from our parents some from there neighborhood even some from their friends and if the foundation has not been destroyed, no matter how hard one tries he/she would keep going back to it. Lots of spirit works gave to be done

In other to free from fornication, one has to dethrone, renounce, reject, the spirit if fornication in his/her life after which one has start making physical effort (like do away with certain people I'm sure the holy spirit would show you such people you have to do away with. Do away with certain movie the holy spirit would show you such movies)

Those that formulates not only are they selling themselves but they are also selling their generation and that's the reason many if us keep doing one thing or the others and
within us with don't like it and we wish to stop but we find it very difficult to stop the reason is because our flathers have sold us into one thing or the other without them knowing the foundation has to be destroyed before making conscious leffort to stop the art.

I pray the holy spirit would open our eyes to see beyond the physical. Shalom

1 Like

Re: How Do I Stop My Addiction To Zina (fornication) by seansifo(m): 12:11pm On Jan 02, 2015
richy16:
nice one....

adultery is as a result of fornication. if you're the type that formulates when you eventually gets married you can't do with adultery unless you take your time to deal with the spirit of fornication
Re: How Do I Stop My Addiction To Zina (fornication) by abdulnafiuahmed(m): 12:12pm On Jan 02, 2015
AMEEN

Re: How Do I Stop My Addiction To Zina (fornication) by 1stola: 12:20pm On Jan 02, 2015
2undexy:
Salam alaikum warahmotullah wabarakatu.

Anyone who is addicted to committing zina must hasten to deal with it in a number of wayz, including the following:

1. Seriously think of getting married, because this is the sharia (legal islamic law) and natural protection for the muslim man and woman. If you are planning marriage with a brother or sister but he or she doesn't feel like marrying for whatever reason, please ignore him or her and move on with your search. Whoever is not willing to marry is not worth wasting your time on. Be free from bondage of zina of all kind. I mean zina of mouth, hands, mind, eyes, legs. etc. All minor zina leads to the major one. Give him or her the RED CARD an defeat shaitan.

2. Fasting if one cannot get married. Strive to be fasting regularly with lots of zikir.

3. Muslim Men and Women should strive to stregthen their Eeman (faith) by reading the Qur'an, offering naafil (voluntary) prayer and doing other kinds of acts of worship.

4. Taking care to choose righteous friends. Edit your friends and keep only good practising muslims.

5. Keeping away from anything that might provoke desire. One of the most obvious of this is looking at things which are haram (unlawful). Avoid watching unnecessary movies.

6. Remembering the punishments for zina in this world and in the hereafter, and that its evil affects far out weigh the immediate pleasure that a person may experience.

7. Make Dua, get up in the latter part of the nights and beseech your lord, submitting yourself to him and humbling yourself before his majesty asking him to rid you of the problem. Turn to your lord and call upon him, for he is the best one to be asked -may he be glorified- and He does not turn away his slaves if they are sincere.

We ask Allah to keep us safe and sound with regard to our commitment and our wordly affairs and to help us put our affairs in order before we meet our lord. Aameen
I love this, esp number one.
There is no time to waste time...

1 Like

Re: How Do I Stop My Addiction To Zina (fornication) by RAO1(m): 12:22pm On Jan 02, 2015
2undexy:

Anyone who is addicted to committing zina must hasten to deal with it in a number of wayz, including the following:

1. Seriously think of getting married, because this is the sharia (legal islamic law) and natural protection for the muslim man and woman. If you are planning marriage with a brother or sister but he or she doesn't feel like marrying for whatever reason, please ignore him or her and move on with your search. Whoever is not willing to marry is not worth wasting your time on. Be free from bondage of zina of all kind. I mean zina of mouth, hands, mind, eyes, legs. etc. All minor zina leads to the major one. Give him or her the RED CARD an defeat shaitan.

2. Fasting if one cannot get married. Strive to be fasting regularly with lots of zikir.

3. Muslim Men and Women should strive to stregthen their Eeman (faith) by reading the Qur'an, offering naafil (voluntary) prayer and doing other kinds of acts of worship.

4. Taking care to choose righteous friends. Edit your friends and keep only good practising muslims.

5. Keeping away from anything that might provoke desire. One of the most obvious of this is looking at things which are haram (unlawful). Avoid watching unnecessary movies.

6. Remembering the punishments for zina in this world and in the hereafter, and that its evil affects far out weigh the immediate pleasure that a person may experience.

7. Make Dua, get up in the latter part of the nights and beseech your lord, submitting yourself to him and humbling yourself before his majesty asking him to rid you of the problem. Turn to your lord and call upon him, for he is the best one to be asked -may he be glorified- and He does not turn away his slaves if they are sincere.

We ask Allah to keep us safe and sound with regard to our commitment and our wordly affairs and to help us put our affairs in order before we meet our lord. Aameen
[b]
2undexy:

[/b]
2undexy:

Re: How Do I Stop My Addiction To Zina (fornication) by ekundayobbj(m): 12:41pm On Jan 02, 2015
Jazakhum lah khairan for the lovely admonition smiley.
Re: How Do I Stop My Addiction To Zina (fornication) by tola9ja: 12:43pm On Jan 02, 2015
best thread of the year

1 Like

Re: How Do I Stop My Addiction To Zina (fornication) by UjSizzle(f): 12:55pm On Jan 02, 2015
Amen. May God help us to keep our bodies pure and Holy, and live blameless in his sight.

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Stop My Addiction To Zina (fornication) by Ishilove: 1:04pm On Jan 02, 2015
UjSizzle:
Amen. May God help us to keep our bodies pure and Holy, and live blameless in his sight.
Amen o, because my sister e no easy o. So many temptations left, right and center. Daily we are battered by carnal desires that are in contradiction to God's laws.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Stop My Addiction To Zina (fornication) by Excelboi(m): 1:09pm On Jan 02, 2015
HopeAtHand:
Seun, please can u get that muslim issh off my siggy..i aint comfortable with it.
Get what off? I'm sure you saw the disclaimer before proceeding to accept the phrase to appear on your siggy. Next time, you won't trespass anyhow. Muslim only zone!
Re: How Do I Stop My Addiction To Zina (fornication) by Nobody: 1:11pm On Jan 02, 2015
Jazak Allahu khairan to you OP!
Re: How Do I Stop My Addiction To Zina (fornication) by Nobody: 1:38pm On Jan 02, 2015
Alhamdulillah raobil alameen...i broke d jinx again....f.p tins afta many weeks of post
Re: How Do I Stop My Addiction To Zina (fornication) by Abdul9025(m): 2:15pm On Jan 02, 2015
well written op... thanks may Allah reward you
Re: How Do I Stop My Addiction To Zina (fornication) by Kagarko(m): 2:32pm On Jan 02, 2015
Jazakumullah bil jannah.

Tnx alot bross.
Re: How Do I Stop My Addiction To Zina (fornication) by Bimpe29: 2:45pm On Jan 02, 2015
Jazakallahu Khair for this precious post. May Allah help us to be a pious muslim.
Re: How Do I Stop My Addiction To Zina (fornication) by DMainMan: 3:13pm On Jan 02, 2015
Nyx 1. More grease to ur elbow
Re: How Do I Stop My Addiction To Zina (fornication) by bola4dprec(m): 3:16pm On Jan 02, 2015
God will bless you and increase you in knowledge amen
Re: How Do I Stop My Addiction To Zina (fornication) by lilbk: 3:35pm On Jan 02, 2015
cheesy

1 Like

Re: How Do I Stop My Addiction To Zina (fornication) by Nobody: 4:45pm On Jan 02, 2015
Kagarko:
Jazakumullah bil jannah.

Tnx alot bross.

ameen, including u and every1 of us
Re: How Do I Stop My Addiction To Zina (fornication) by lalo128: 10:46pm On Jan 02, 2015
Thank you op may Allah reward you for this reminder I need the fasting like....
Re: How Do I Stop My Addiction To Zina (fornication) by Todil(m): 11:09pm On Jan 02, 2015
lilbk:
cheesy
lol
Re: How Do I Stop My Addiction To Zina (fornication) by dantanik(m): 10:11am On Jan 03, 2015
[color=#006600][/color] jazakallah brother, may Allah safe guide us
Re: How Do I Stop My Addiction To Zina (fornication) by Sadiq3051(m): 8:36pm On Jan 04, 2015
May Allah reward you abundantly
Re: How Do I Stop My Addiction To Zina (fornication) by balash(m): 11:46am On Jan 08, 2015
Well am in support of everything else in curbing zina but Marriage isn't one at all.. Nowadays married men and woman constitute more atrocities in the fornicating department. I think self denial helps too.

Say it to yourself am not interested in zina for now, I wanna achieve this and this and that and that's it, by saying this to yourself, u would surely know whatsup on our to curb it, maybe stop rolling with some kinda friends forming busy everytime, and move with. More religious peers groups! But sincerely self disciplines helps because zina can occure even in a mosque or church eitherway so it doesn't mean u won't be tempted but discipline yourself helps!!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Can A Muslim Keep A Fixed Deposit Account? / How Did Islam Come To Nigeria? / Pictures Of New Jummat Mosque Built By Igbo Muslims In Owerri

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.