Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,181 members, 7,807,578 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:37 PM

Is it Possible for a AA genotype to give birth to SC.. Are They My Parents? - Health (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Is it Possible for a AA genotype to give birth to SC.. Are They My Parents? (57799 Views)

Is It Possible For A Hiv Positive Man Not To Pass It To His Wife? / Help! His Genotype Is AA And His Wife's Genotype Is AS But Their Daughter is SS / Please Explain Genotype AA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is it Possible for a AA genotype to give birth to SC.. Are They My Parents? by abiola708(m): 7:21pm On Jun 30, 2015
ChelseaDr:

Hi abiola708 ..U want to know id a HbSC client can go for scuba diving....
first of all scuba diving is a form of underwater diving in which a diver uses a self-contained breathing apparatus known as scuba to breathe underwater

HbSC are also at risk of crises just like those with HbSS (sicklers) but unlike HbSS HbSC has less attacks and the same factors can precipitate the attack such as infections (e.g malaria), extremes of temperatures, STRESS, low oxygen tension, high presures etc..

Scuba diving is associated with exposures to very high presures under water and this is a form of stress on its own and capable of trigerring crisis...

the injuries apart from just ordinary crises can be as dangerous as rupturing tge lungs. these injuries are known as barotraumas i.e trauma due to excessive pressure

scuba divers arw also prone to a condition known as nitrogen narcosis i.e excess nitrogen in the blood and low oxygen releading to transient hallucination and alcohol-like disorientation while in depth below 20m.. but this reversed during ascent as the diver may not have even noticed what had happend.

So my advise is if you are HvSC you can avoid scuba diving more so because a study done in Japn in 2000 showed that evry hour of diving is 36-62 times riskier than automobile driving.....
or engage on them less frequently being mindful of your depth under water...

Reference: Is Recreational driving safe? Por Ikeda, TY Ashida et al
that's just it thankz

1 Like

Re: Is it Possible for a AA genotype to give birth to SC.. Are They My Parents? by jumolad87: 7:31pm On Jun 30, 2015
This is to inform you that We have the following products at very affordable prices & 100% guaranteed to work :
Gufei bao for infections, candidiasis, fibroid without operation, blocked tubes & all gynaecological problems. Ares for elimination of low sperm count, prostrate cancer, increase sexual feeling, corrects sexual dysfunction.
Blood cleanser capsule for hypertension
. Ganoderma capsule for brain, stroke & anti aging.
Sanqing Oral Liquid for detoxification &intestinal cleansing
Fohow wonderpaste for mouth odour, tooth ache, tooth decay, bleeding gum,hole in the gum.
.Six Flavor Tea to reduce blood pressure, body fat.
Garlic for anti bacterial, infections,immune-boosting
Danshen for heavy menstrual bleeding.
Sanbao Oral Liquid for rheumatism,high-blood sugar
Oral liquid for leukemia and liver cancer
They are not supplements, they are registered as curative products
We also offer natural therapy for the following health challenges:
-Pile
-Stroke
-Fibroid(without op)
-Hypertension
-Ovarian cyst
-Blocked tubes
....& other health related challenges.
Call/text 08133354624 ,whatsapp 08065664979,BB pin 3337A8CA
Re: Is it Possible for a AA genotype to give birth to SC.. Are They My Parents? by Jabodo(m): 11:29pm On Jan 02, 2016
dedugbaa:

It is not possible for one's genotype to change Scientifically.it is most a result of shabby laboratory procedure either in previous lab or the last lab you did the test.That is why if you are not too sure or convinced go for test in another reputable centre. Scientifically Genotype don't change.

Thanks!
Re: Is it Possible for a AA genotype to give birth to SC.. Are They My Parents? by showlex4real2u: 12:14am On Jan 19, 2016
Please anyone here can help out. Come across this beautiful page on Google and I decided to write you for a best positive answer. Because am do curious and at the same time so puzzled.

I'm 28 and I will be hitting 29 this year 2016. I'm encouraged to go do my genotype n blood group test but the result shows wat surprises me a lot cos I don't really know if it's possible or they gave me the wrong result.

The result shows I'm SS, but the I don't get sick, my highest sickness is malaria up till now, I have an elder brother who's SS and we all know him as that he get sick always and my dad always get him treated and a book to guide him with drugs. How come my parents doesn't know I'm SS till date. Is it even position I'm SS and don't get sick till now? And how come will my parent doesn't know about this or is it possible genotype changes?

Please help me out am so confused and my dream gf wife to be is AC and I have never seen her get sick also. We have been dating for 5yrds now also. I really need someone to enlighten me.

Thanks
Re: Is it Possible for a AA genotype to give birth to SC.. Are They My Parents? by arshad880(m): 8:48pm On Jan 13, 2017
pls any1 who answers me shd kindly quote me, av neva done my genotype b4 however pending the time i do it i want to kw cos my dad is AA and mum AS, we are 4children and two are AS while one is AA is it possible that i wud b AA ? or i can b AS . . . ? tnx in anticipation
Re: Is it Possible for a AA genotype to give birth to SC.. Are They My Parents? by ajuwarhodes(f): 10:19pm On Jan 13, 2017
People can so ask stupid questions on these nairaland
Re: Is it Possible for a AA genotype to give birth to SC.. Are They My Parents? by mtchris(m): 10:49am On Jun 19, 2017
AA and AS can give birth to SS only when mutation occured. It's possible
Re: Is it Possible for a AA genotype to give birth to SC.. Are They My Parents? by Nobody: 12:49am On Jun 02, 2019
Such fabulous. sad
Re: Is it Possible for a AA genotype to give birth to SC.. Are They My Parents? by blanquecheque: 8:46am On Sep 19, 2020
bettercreature:
They are not patient,they are stronger than any other groups,they could do anything and they dont often fall sick like other groups

Please, can you expatiate more on this? You mean they're healthier than AA? Are you SC or you have close knowledge of people who are? I'm trying to get as many first hand experiences of this SC as possible. Regards.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Civil Servant Killed By Thunder In Oro, Kwara (Photos) / COVID-19: Another Patient Dies In Lagos / How Can A Lady Flatten Her Big Tummy???

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.