Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,429 members, 7,808,530 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:05 PM

You should eat your tithe sometimes. It's The Lords command. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / You should eat your tithe sometimes. It's The Lords command. (465 Views)

Stop Financing Pastor's Extravagant Lifestyle With Your Tithe! / What Is Wrong With Paying Your Tithe In Church? / Is It Wrong To Give Your Tithe To The Poor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

You should eat your tithe sometimes. It's The Lords command. by lastmessenger: 8:18am On Dec 20, 2014
I am writing to judaizers and the tithe payers. Yes,I fully understand your effort in keeping the law as it written in the law of Moses so that you will avoid the curses that is poured out on those who disobey. You have paid your tithe faithfully to your high priests(your pastors) and we have seen the result of faithfulness in keeping the law in those new and gigantic church buildings. Our pastors are regularly paid and there is meat in the house of the pastors.
But like scripture says anyone who keeps the whole law but fail in one is guilty of all. You are guilty in the area of tithing because you have not fulfilled the following written in the law about tithing.

1. You have not given your tithes to the widows, the orphans and the foreigners.
The law said explicitly that you are to give the tithe to the widows, the orphans and the foreigners.

Deuteronomy 26:12-15
12“Every third year give the tithe — a tenth of your crops — to the Levites, the foreigners, the orphans, and the widows, so that in every community they will have all they need to eat. When you have done this,13say to the Lord, ‘None of the sacred tithe is left in my house; I have given it to the Levites, the foreigners, the orphans, and the widows, as you commanded me to do. I have not disobeyed or forgotten any of your commands concerning the tithe. 14I have not eaten any of it when I was mourning; I have not taken any of it out of my house when I was ritually unclean; and I have not given any of it as an offering for the dead. I have obeyed you, O Lord; I have done everything you commanded concerning the tithe. 15Look down from your holy place in heaven and bless your people Israel; bless also the rich and fertile land that you have given us, as you promised our ancestors.’

2. You are yet to eat your tithe in the presence of The Lord
The command is that you are to eat your tithe but you have woefully failed in this one

Deuteronomy 14:22-26.
Set aside a tithe — a tenth of all that your fields produce each year.23Then go to the one place where the Lord your God has chosen to be worshipped; and there in his presence eat the tithes of your corn, wine, and olive oil, and the firstborn of your cattle and sheep. Do this so that you may learn to honour the Lord your God always. 24If the place of worship is too far from your home for you to carry there the tithe of the produce that the Lord has blessed you with, then do this: 25Sell your produce and take the money with you to the one place of worship. 26Spend it on whatever you want — beef, lamb, wine, beer — and there, in the presence of the Lord your God, you and your families are to eat and enjoy yourselves.

I have done my part in showing you your laws, therefore repent in dust and ashes and do your part in keeping to them. Do them so that you can avoid the devourer and the curses of Malachi. Obedience is better than sacrifice.
May you remain blessed. Amen.

Yours Sincerely
Lastmessenger

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Christian Literatures That Spur Your Hunger For God / How Do A Celibate Maintain His Relationship With The Opposite Sex? / The Overcomer's Hope In Christ Jesus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.