Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,259 members, 7,807,892 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:02 PM

This Was How President Jonathan Met Our Railway System (Pictures) - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / This Was How President Jonathan Met Our Railway System (Pictures) (49914 Views)

How President Buhari Can Stop Boko Haram - Prophet Cardinal Onaiyekan / How President Buhari Chose The Ministerial Nominees – Garba Shehu / How Jonathan Met Atiku In Yola (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: This Was How President Jonathan Met Our Railway System (Pictures) by idarakelvin: 10:57am On Dec 20, 2014
Revamping the railway system is a step in the right direction but our government has never been good in maintaining it's infrastructures. Corruption has kept us where we are now,all government owned businesses have a short life span because of corruption. Where is nigeria airways, nitel,mtel and a host of others. I understand he's trying to revamp agriculture too,where is our cocoa? Nigeria will not become dubai when we keep recycling leaders and corruption is still entrenched in the system.
Re: This Was How President Jonathan Met Our Railway System (Pictures) by emirate0(m): 10:57am On Dec 20, 2014
manny4life:

OBJ started all these and for 8 years where and what did he finish? GEJ came in and fixed the rail network, the beef is that the coaches don't look modern right? I guess what I'm saying is let's give credit where and when due..

Keep quiet. Hav u entered any of these trains. If u hav, did u enjoy d ride. E- warriors everywhere. Sellin deir conscience 4 peanut.
Re: This Was How President Jonathan Met Our Railway System (Pictures) by Toktee(m): 10:59am On Dec 20, 2014
angelsing:
Buhari unleashed and ordered his northern terror to do that and yet he walks freely, isn't it sad he can't be persecuted and charge to pay for his crime?..I still remember the president calling him patriotic Nigeria, if the president can say that, don't u think he knows more than me and u....Sometimes I wonder wat is the Job of our SSS cos if they do their job we won't all be a detective.
Now i see and knw why they said some people went to school,but the school has refused to go thru them,at ur age you still blive such stories.indeed,wisdom is profitable.
Re: This Was How President Jonathan Met Our Railway System (Pictures) by OLADD: 10:59am On Dec 20, 2014
Sincere9gerian:
It took the vultures 5 decades to damage Nigeria. For GEJ, it has been 5 years of hardwork , fixing a very badly damaged Nigeria. So far, so good.

GEJ, fixing a badly damaged Nigeria since 1804
[/color][color=#006600]

You are right. It's unfortunate that those who benefited from the rots are the ones shouting "change" today. GEJ has successfully blocked the scams in fertilizer procurement and distribution, expunged thousands of ghost workers from the civil service workforce. All this had been avenues where Nigeria and Nigerians had been ripped off and shortchanged. God bless Goodluck Ebele Jonathan, God bless our dear nation, Nigeria. GEJ till 2019.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Was How President Jonathan Met Our Railway System (Pictures) by Nobody: 10:59am On Dec 20, 2014
diluminati:
GEJ is a joke if you don't know. This is what a country with so much oil money can come up with. Why do some set of nigerians love [size=18pt]MEDIOCRITY[/size]. compare that scrab to this in South Africa, nonsense

Stupid imbebehind.

Why didn't buhari or other rulers rebuild the railway when they were in charge?

Olodo!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Was How President Jonathan Met Our Railway System (Pictures) by Reference(m): 10:59am On Dec 20, 2014
WhiteTechnology:
APC and PDP fans on this thread are clueless

What I expected we should discuss is about State LGAs and Private sector railway systems

How do we think FG can do everything

It is time we should hand over this responsibility to States LGAs and the private sector.

Exactly. We should be talking about developments not partisan mudslinging. Someone was speaking about the overcrowded Abule-Egba/Agege train. For goodness that is local transport which state and councils should develop. I have not seen a single state government built mass transit infrastructure in Nigeria.
Re: This Was How President Jonathan Met Our Railway System (Pictures) by vigasimple(m): 11:00am On Dec 20, 2014
angelsing:
No offense meant buddy!, can u upload the picture of how the president met the north and how it is presently......If half of the citizen dies on his watch who will ride this train?.

if the northern elites decided that because power is now with a minority ethnic groups who pumped 90% of Nigeria's income they will make the country ungovernable for GEJ, then whose fault is that?

No that we have freedom of speech to say what we like to anyone. Ask people who are around during Bhuari military days whether you can criticise him without going to jail.

This was the only reason why IBB succeeded in overthrowing him.

Anyway, if you don't already know, a coupist is a criminal.

3 Likes

Re: This Was How President Jonathan Met Our Railway System (Pictures) by chemali: 11:00am On Dec 20, 2014
Until I see a train I can enter, have my seat and probably read a paper and get to my destination in good time, no transformation has occured. I'm yet to. All I see is noise on paper.

1 Like

Re: This Was How President Jonathan Met Our Railway System (Pictures) by angelsing(m): 11:00am On Dec 20, 2014
olyivy:

Thats is not true.

1. GEJ or FG did not accuse Borno Gov. of sponsoring Boko Haram.
2. SSS did not clear him recently or long time ago!

I dare you to show me proof of any of these.
here it is. www.post-nigeria.com/security-ihejirika-sheriff-and-others-cleared-by-sss/...Happy reading
Re: This Was How President Jonathan Met Our Railway System (Pictures) by philips70(m): 11:00am On Dec 20, 2014
ISpiksDaTroof:
Your man is bad market. Similar to putting lipstick on a pig--- or Patience Jonathan--- and tossing it on a runway to compete with Naomi Campbell and Heidi Klum. He's a crook, inept and divisive. Even the west is tired of him.

You need to start looking for another means of survival, as this job of yours will be no more by Feb/2015.

P.s: didn't you claim to be a surgeon? When do u have time to operate on your patients if your always on NL sticking your head up GEJ's butt?

The type of surgeons that forget scissors in the belly of patients I guess. You can't blame them, incompetence runs in their veins.

1 Like

Re: This Was How President Jonathan Met Our Railway System (Pictures) by Nobody: 11:00am On Dec 20, 2014
slimfit1:
He try no be small but I think we have people that can do better.
NO! I don't think so. We don't need any one else, we need him to continue and bring it to "perfection". Buhari 2019 after Jonathan grin [That's if he (buhari) is still alive abi? grin ]
Re: This Was How President Jonathan Met Our Railway System (Pictures) by Callfubu(m): 11:02am On Dec 20, 2014
Toktee:
Many of you here are more educated than many of us,but truth is far frm your lips or should i said you are economical with truth,railway project was awarded by obj administration and was fully paid for to the chinese,so what is the noise all about?
Do u mean to said that it is more faster to construct rails than to construct roads,the answer will only xpose the op more.
I live in minna close to railway station,all those train you guys parade up there have nt pass through minna to kano,kaduna or zaria etc,so i dnt knw the part of the country that they are operating.
Talk of rails,what i see here is still the colonial rail lines,with colonial trains that kept waking us,pls excuse us.
oga, some or most of these rails were just completed. you don't expect them to start running immediately. but let me even take an objective stand to things, everybody is talking about obasanjo and praising him for what he did and didn't do. understand that obasanjo is a smart man and understands the laws of power that is why he managed to stay this relevant. ask yourself, do you in all honesty think OBJ paid for the contract in full before leaving office, or its what you heard in the media. if you tell me you were there when the transaction took place, I won't bother arguing. Now talking about roads in comparison to rails. rails are safer than roads and to be honest in a country like Nigeria, I would prefer we had more rails to ease the burden on the roads and mind you GEJ is still working on the roads

1 Like 1 Share

Re: This Was How President Jonathan Met Our Railway System (Pictures) by Nobody: 11:03am On Dec 20, 2014
Reference:

Exactly. We should be talking about developments not partisan mudslinging. Someone was speaking about the overcrowded Abule-Egba/Agege train. For goodness that is local transport which state and councils should develop. I have not seen a single state government built mass transit infrastructure in Nigeria.

Its quite annoying

FG do this FG do that

How can Nigeria grow faster without the input of our States LGAs and private sector.

1 Like

Re: This Was How President Jonathan Met Our Railway System (Pictures) by alex406(m): 11:03am On Dec 20, 2014
Sometimes I wish I can walk up to Mr President and render a full handshake for his loudable achievements. If in his tenure, only railway system is brought back to sanity,then he has achieved a lot let alone when other sectors are experiencing drastic overhaul. For all of you criticizing him, which of the past leaders have achieved this?
God bless GEJ
God bless Nigeria
GEJ all the way.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Was How President Jonathan Met Our Railway System (Pictures) by banki(m): 11:03am On Dec 20, 2014
well done op please can you show us what our rail system was before PDP took over..... in 1999 ? or can you show us what our RAILWAY was like in the 80s and 90s... then I can compare
Re: This Was How President Jonathan Met Our Railway System (Pictures) by Reference(m): 11:03am On Dec 20, 2014
angelsing:
Well said but u shud understand that at the present situation any topic posted celebrating what the president has done is just a political campaign though I may be wrong...To celebrate his good work is not the problem cos I also acknowledge the improvement in the railway sector but at this stage its just political and see it is, we shud always table the good and the bad as well

So, because some decide to go political you jump into the mudpit with them. Please raise your game.
Re: This Was How President Jonathan Met Our Railway System (Pictures) by angelsing(m): 11:04am On Dec 20, 2014
vigasimple:

if the northern elites decided that because power is now with a minority ethnic groups who pumped 90% of Nigeria's income they will make the country ungovernable for GEJ, then whose fault is that?

No that we have freedom of speech to say what we like to anyone. Ask people who are around during Bhuari military days whether you can criticise him without going to jail.

This was the only reason why IBB succeeded in overthrowing him.

Anyway, if you don't already know, a coupist is a criminal.
Whose obligation is it to protect lives and property?...Who is obligation is it to arrest and persecute all those culpable in this act of making the country ungovernable?..Please stop saying he gave us freedom of speech it is passed into the constitution and beside this is democracy and not military rule
Re: This Was How President Jonathan Met Our Railway System (Pictures) by loomer: 11:04am On Dec 20, 2014
the way una de quarrel for nairaland, na so North/.South Sudan take start.. Right now dem no wan see each other face to face.

Be warned
Re: This Was How President Jonathan Met Our Railway System (Pictures) by dmighty: 11:06am On Dec 20, 2014
The problem is this: If you said Jonathan just began to fix Nigeria issues when he got there, What then has PDP been doing since 1999? Why are you still asking me to vote for PDP if it took them 15 years to change from 'non functional rail to locomotive rail line'? If If Electricity was 3000+ Megawatts as at 1999, and now 4000Megawatts after 15 years, how long will it take PDP to move close to a nation like Botswana, and other small African nations (no need to compare to South Africa). If budgeting 4 trillions per year in 5 years under Jonathan =20 trillion+, and this is all u can talk about, What kind of generation is this? Are we this dull?
Re: This Was How President Jonathan Met Our Railway System (Pictures) by angelsing(m): 11:06am On Dec 20, 2014
Toktee:
Now i see and knw why they said some people went to school,but the school has refused to go thru them,at ur age you still blive such stories.indeed,wisdom is profitable.
Your point exactly sir?
Re: This Was How President Jonathan Met Our Railway System (Pictures) by Nobody: 11:06am On Dec 20, 2014
chemali:
Until I see a train I can enter, have my seat and probably read a paper and get to my destination in good time, no transformation has occured. I'm yet to. All I see is noise on paper.

You can see that when you encourage

STATES LGAs and Private Sector participation

1 Like

Re: This Was How President Jonathan Met Our Railway System (Pictures) by tuborme: 11:08am On Dec 20, 2014
diluminati:

Shame on you if you call this progress. In reality this is retrogression. These contracts are handled by government cronies, they cut the funds and give you sub standard trains and rails, but you wont see that because your lifestyle is mediocre in its best.

China construction owned by the chinese government signed the contract for these railway lines with the government of nigeria....Gej had to fly to China to sign the latest round to link all the state capitals. No cronies nor middlemen involved. Only the truth will set you free.

2 Likes

Re: This Was How President Jonathan Met Our Railway System (Pictures) by taharqa: 11:08am On Dec 20, 2014
Keneking:
Great
lol cheesy...
Re: This Was How President Jonathan Met Our Railway System (Pictures) by mikron(m): 11:09am On Dec 20, 2014
condralbede:
Thanks for this thread op,Goodluck has Done massively well,upon all the set backs from BH.

GEJ till Buhari start speaking ijaw....And accept Jesus Christ as his lord and saviour...
Why my beloved dialect na, re u from bayelsa? grin
Re: This Was How President Jonathan Met Our Railway System (Pictures) by taharqa: 11:10am On Dec 20, 2014
omenka:
Who wants to see how Jonathan AMAZINGLY Transformed Security in Nigeria especially in the North East?? smiley

One question I keep asking is: what would these minions have said if the gsm revolution had taken place under this mediocre leadership

Person for read road talk for nairaland so
my guy, face topic: RAILWAYS cheesy cheesy

2 Likes

Re: This Was How President Jonathan Met Our Railway System (Pictures) by terrifiesme(m): 11:11am On Dec 20, 2014
diluminati:
GEJ is a joke if you don't know. This is what a country with so much oil money can come up with. Why do some set of nigerians love [size=18pt]MEDIOCRITY[/size]. compare that scrab to this in South Africa, nonsense

What are u saying, what has past leaders done about it before now. And besides u want to from creeping to running immediately without even learning how to stand, then walk before running? When nothing was done u were complaining, now they are trying to set up at least something... u begin to criticise.. Pls try appreciate what u see before u look to something better.. Na wa for people like u and those we dey like ur post.

1 Like

Re: This Was How President Jonathan Met Our Railway System (Pictures) by cashkid: 11:12am On Dec 20, 2014
TOO LATE, THE TRAIN HAS MOVED.
Re: This Was How President Jonathan Met Our Railway System (Pictures) by taharqa: 11:12am On Dec 20, 2014
Firefire:
where are the Rails Fashola inspected many years back

The rails are still inside news archive of Osundefender, Punch, SHR and Aresa, Ekoile posts on Nairaland undecided

Fashola, posterity shall Judge you oooo angry
cheesy grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: This Was How President Jonathan Met Our Railway System (Pictures) by angelsing(m): 11:13am On Dec 20, 2014
olyivy:

You are still viewing so I expect you to bring your proof GEJ/FG accused Borno Gov. of sponsoring Boko Haram or that that SSS cleared him.

Why are you guys always lying about everything?
Here it is but u will have to read down a little bit to get where the PDP accused the governor before Davis cam out wit his own.. sunnewsonline.com/new/?p=82117
Re: This Was How President Jonathan Met Our Railway System (Pictures) by kingofpool: 11:13am On Dec 20, 2014
angelsing:
Let's not deviate from the issue the Op raised....He posted a pix of the new railway track and couch which is a great improvement from the last government but the question I asked was for him to post a pix of the north as well. Simple!
Are you sure that your brain is okay? How can you ask somebody not to deviate while you are doing so? The op is talking about train and you are talking about north, can you pls base your argument on rail alone pls
Re: This Was How President Jonathan Met Our Railway System (Pictures) by omenka(m): 11:13am On Dec 20, 2014
taharqa:
my guy, face topic: RAILWAYS cheesy cheesy
Lol. I nor go face. grin. How far you? Been a while.
Re: This Was How President Jonathan Met Our Railway System (Pictures) by Geostatistical(m): 11:15am On Dec 20, 2014
This is nothing but a show of cluelessness.....This generation of train was used in 20th century.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Man Slapped For Trying To "Walk Behind" Babajide Sanwo-Olu / Ekweremadu: Obasanjo Writes A Letter To UK Court / Solomon Asemota Accuses Buhari Of Appointing Islamist Jihadists

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.