Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,290 members, 7,807,982 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:18 AM

Man Fights Wife Cus Dad Bought Her A New Car - Family (20) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Man Fights Wife Cus Dad Bought Her A New Car (56856 Views)

See What My Dad Bought For #500k Yesterday. / Drama As Man Fights Friend Over Wife In Hotel / Man Fights Over Prostitute In Hotel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (27) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man Fights Wife Cus Dad Bought Her A New Car by Nobody: 6:43pm On Dec 21, 2014

2 Likes

Re: Man Fights Wife Cus Dad Bought Her A New Car by ochon: 6:46pm On Dec 21, 2014
Matthewbriggs:

How well do you know this FIL can you vouch for his character and his ability to not just know what is right but do what is right.

Matt, stop debating this issue with Sambarry. It is rétarded. NO-ONE, I repeat, NO-ONE knows what really happened that made the husband reject the car. We're all guessing. Until the MOTIVE or the CONTEXT on which he rejected the car is known, I can't blame the man for rejecting it. No sane man will for NO reason reject such gift.

2 Likes

Re: Man Fights Wife Cus Dad Bought Her A New Car by bukatyne(f): 6:47pm On Dec 21, 2014
cococandy:
grin grin

This thread eh!

Compliments of the season
Re: Man Fights Wife Cus Dad Bought Her A New Car by coogar: 6:49pm On Dec 21, 2014
cococandy:

Chai coogar. What do you gain from exaggeration and lying angry shocked

you were still a prepubescent girl when the incident happened. you wouldn't have had access to the internet then.

SirShymex:

Dayuuuum!!! grin
Coogz, don't tell me the women on this forum are that desperate and dumb? shocked

majority of them have the emotional make up of a 9-year-old girl. they are easily impressed.

Who's that nyggah? - he has to be the greatest dream seller to ever walketh on NL!!

Definitely a first ballot hall of fame candidate! cool

the nigga cleaned out....
money, gadgets, several invitation letters to UK/USA from the gullible desperate women you see around here. grin

annawhite:
cougar ........

you wanna know what rhymes with annawhite? the loff of my life. grin

where have you been? merry christmas in advance. i might pay you a visit before the new year so keep my beers chilled. cool
Re: Man Fights Wife Cus Dad Bought Her A New Car by Nobody: 6:52pm On Dec 21, 2014
ochon:

That's why I said the mods can't stop this madness.

I disagree. The mods can and should stop it. That's exactly the purpose of moderation in online forums.
Re: Man Fights Wife Cus Dad Bought Her A New Car by ochon: 6:56pm On Dec 21, 2014
ileobatojo:

I disagree. The mods can and should stop it. That's exactly the purpose of moderation in online forums.

The mods can only step in when NL rules are broken. What if the poster is arguing civily but still making his or her arguments along Men Vs Women bashing? What would you have the mods do then?
Re: Man Fights Wife Cus Dad Bought Her A New Car by bukatyne(f): 6:57pm On Dec 21, 2014
cococandy:
then why do you bother telling ladies how to act? Are you a girl? And what do you know about womanhood? Sauce for the goose ehn? cheesy

Hahahahaha!

This must definitely be in the season of Christmas cheesy
Re: Man Fights Wife Cus Dad Bought Her A New Car by cococandy(f): 7:00pm On Dec 21, 2014
bukatyne:

This thread eh!

Compliments of the season
same to you darl kiss
Re: Man Fights Wife Cus Dad Bought Her A New Car by bukatyne(f): 7:00pm On Dec 21, 2014
ileobatojo:

Where have you been?

Compliments of the season cheesy
Re: Man Fights Wife Cus Dad Bought Her A New Car by Nobody: 7:01pm On Dec 21, 2014
ochon:

The mods can only step in when NL rules are broken. What if the poster is arguing civily but still making his or her arguments along Men Vs Women bashing? What would you have the mods do then?

Except that 99% of these arguments especially since the influx of trolls several months ago break multiple NL rules. Let the mods address those and leave the 1% that are civil. The place will still be sanitized.
Re: Man Fights Wife Cus Dad Bought Her A New Car by Nobody: 7:02pm On Dec 21, 2014
bukatyne:

Where have you been?

Compliments of the season cheesy

Thanks my dear. kiss

Same to you and the oga!
Re: Man Fights Wife Cus Dad Bought Her A New Car by crackhaus: 7:03pm On Dec 21, 2014
cococandy:
then why do you bother telling ladies how to act? Are you a girl? And what do you know about womanhood? Sauce for the goose ehn? cheesy
You and I both know you're not really laughing or finding yourself funny.

Please go back to quoting posts that are responses to me, while replying some with your usual snide and totally ineffective remarks - I will keep seeing them and looking the other way.

Needless to say, I don't think I even tell you ladies how to act - I only call you out on your internet misrepresentations when most of you actually do the exact opposite of what y'all say here in real life.

5 Likes

Re: Man Fights Wife Cus Dad Bought Her A New Car by cococandy(f): 7:03pm On Dec 21, 2014
@ bolded angry
If I was a prepub then , then I'm sure you hadn't been born then as EVERYONE knows that i'm older than you .
So where did you hear the story from?
coogar:

you were still a prepubescent girl when the incident happened. you wouldn't have had access to the internet then.

majority of them have the emotional make up of a 9-year-old girl. they are easily impressed.

the nigga cleaned out....
money, gadgets, several invitation letters to UK/USA from the gullible desperate women you see around here. grin

you wanna know what rhymes with annawhite? the loff of my life. grin

where have you been? merry christmas in advance. i might pay you a visit before the new year so keep my beers chilled. cool

1 Like

Re: Man Fights Wife Cus Dad Bought Her A New Car by cococandy(f): 7:03pm On Dec 21, 2014
Na only you know that one not you and I.
I'm laughing and that is cos I find your comment funny.

Stop being personal Biko. This is a classic US versus THEM thread. So everyone is cheering their team including me.

Why are my own quotes snide and yours are not?

Saltyyyyyyyyy

crackhaus:

You and I both know you're not really laughing or finding yourself funny.

Please go back to quoting posts that are responses to me, while replying some with your usual snide and totally ineffective remarks - I will keep seeing them and looking the other way.

Needless to say, I don't think I even tell you ladies how to act - I only call you out on your internet misrepresentations when most of you actually do the exact opposite of what y'all say here in real life.

1 Like

Re: Man Fights Wife Cus Dad Bought Her A New Car by coogar: 7:07pm On Dec 21, 2014
cococandy:
@ bolded angry
If I was a prepub then , then I'm sure you hadn't been born then as EVERYONE knows that i'm older than you .
So where did you hear the story from?

everyone knows you are older? grin really? grin
if you put an ear to the ground, sit at the foot of the elderly ones here, then you are bound to hear about the urban legend of the last half century.

1 Like

Re: Man Fights Wife Cus Dad Bought Her A New Car by cococandy(f): 7:10pm On Dec 21, 2014
coogar:

everyone knows you are older? grin really? grin
if you put an ear to the ground, sit at the foot of the elderly ones here, then you are bound to hear about the urban legend of the last half century.
oh oh . So you heard it via hearsay at the foot of the elderly ones ehn?
Ok.
But i'm sure you added a few twists to what you heard so that it will very palatable for cases like this.

Imagine your big fib. Ladies begging him to be the mother of his kids even the married ones?
Coogar fear God. Today is Sunday

2 Likes

Re: Man Fights Wife Cus Dad Bought Her A New Car by crackhaus: 7:11pm On Dec 21, 2014
cococandy:
Na only you know that one not you and I.
I'm laughing and that is cos I find your comment funny.

Stop being personal Biko. This is a classic US versus THEM thread. So everyone is cheering their team including me.

Why are my own quotes snide and yours are not?

Saltyyyyyyyyy

Noted!
Salty or peppery, it doesn't matter...

Now would you want your husband's mother to
bring a new woman/cook for him on the excuse
that he is suffering and not getting enough
healthy meals from you?

2 Likes

Re: Man Fights Wife Cus Dad Bought Her A New Car by coogar: 7:13pm On Dec 21, 2014
cococandy:
oh oh . So you heard it via hearsay at the foot of the elderly ones ehn?
Ok.
But i'm sure you added a few twists to what you heard so that it will very palatable for cases like this.

Imagine your big fib. Ladies begging him to be the mother of his kids even the married ones?
Coogar fear God. Today is Sunday

there's no single fib in what i posted.
how are you even sure we are talking about the same incident? cococandy, mind yourself o.....

1 Like

Re: Man Fights Wife Cus Dad Bought Her A New Car by ochon: 7:16pm On Dec 21, 2014
ileobatojo:

Except that 99% of these arguments especially since the influx of trolls several months ago break multiple NL rules. Let the mods address those and leave the 1% that are civil. The place will still be sanitized.

You are right, but my grouse is that MOST threads in Family Section is now Men vs Women debates. No matter the topic of discourse, it'll end up in men vs women debates. It's annoying.
Re: Man Fights Wife Cus Dad Bought Her A New Car by bukatyne(f): 7:16pm On Dec 21, 2014
ileobatojo:

Thanks my dear. kiss

Same to you and the oga!
Thanks
Re: Man Fights Wife Cus Dad Bought Her A New Car by Nobody: 7:17pm On Dec 21, 2014
ochon:

You are right, but my grouse is that MOST threads in Family Section is now Men vs Women debates. No matter the topic of discourse, it'll end up in men vs women debates. It's annoying.

That's exactly what I'm saying too. It's at an all time high, and it's now deliberate and malicious compared to family section of old and the mods should come out of their comatose state and fix it.
Re: Man Fights Wife Cus Dad Bought Her A New Car by bukatyne(f): 7:18pm On Dec 21, 2014
cococandy:
same to you darl kiss

kiss
Re: Man Fights Wife Cus Dad Bought Her A New Car by cococandy(f): 7:18pm On Dec 21, 2014
crackhaus:

Noted!

Now would you want your husband's mother to
bring a new woman/cook for him on the excuse
that he is suffering and not getting enough
healthy meals from you?

If I am not able to cook for my husband and he turns to his mother who employs a cook for him to make up for what I couldn't provide, I will happily relax and even stop the one I've been doing before so that we can both benefit from the cook as long as her salary will be paid by MIL.

God bless her kind soul. How many of my mates have cooks? Why will I drag my feet when MIL offers to pay for a cook for us?
Heaven at last.
All I will do is make a list of what I like to eat and the kind of groceries we like to buy and hand it to her.

And I won't forget to call MIL every weekend to thank her for employing a cook for us as it has made my life easier and less stressful.
I will send her a gift once in while too for that sweet act of kindness.

4 Likes

Re: Man Fights Wife Cus Dad Bought Her A New Car by cococandy(f): 7:21pm On Dec 21, 2014
coogar:

there's no single fib in what i posted.
how are you even sure we are talking about the same incident? cococandy, mind yourself o.....
honestly I don't even know about the incident. But it is obviously cooked up .

You mind yaself

1 Like

Re: Man Fights Wife Cus Dad Bought Her A New Car by coogar: 7:24pm On Dec 21, 2014
cococandy:
honestly I don't even know about the incident. But it is obviously cooked up .

You mind yaself

you don't know about the incident but you think it's cooked up? for the second time of asking.... coco + candy, mind yourself o......
Re: Man Fights Wife Cus Dad Bought Her A New Car by crackhaus: 7:29pm On Dec 21, 2014
cococandy:

If I am not able to cook for my husband and he turns to his mother who employs a cook for him to make up for what I couldn't provide, I will happily relax and even stop the one I've been doing before so that we can both benefit from the cook as long as her salary will be paid by MIL.

God bless her kind soul. How many of my mates have cooks? Why will I drag my feet when MIL offers to pay for a cook for us?
Heaven at last.
All I will do is make a list of what I like to eat and the kind of groceries we like to buy and hand it to her.

And I won't forget to call MIL every weekend to thank her for employing a cook for us as it has made my life easier and less stressful.
And again the hypocrisy is revealed - you are a liar.

But not to worry, this is NL...you won't admit it here, but you know what you know and how you would react.

Cheers! wink

5 Likes

Re: Man Fights Wife Cus Dad Bought Her A New Car by ladygogo: 7:32pm On Dec 21, 2014
ileobatojo:

Somebody give this person a standing ovation! cool cool

Medal of honour sef. grin

Nice to see you here dear.

Happy holidays to you and yours. kiss

It is well with our souls in the family section.
Re: Man Fights Wife Cus Dad Bought Her A New Car by cococandy(f): 7:36pm On Dec 21, 2014
crackhaus:

And again the hypocrisy is revealed - you are a liar.

But not to worry, this is NL...you won't admit it here, but you know what you know and how you would react.

Cheers! wink
shocked
Ok jokes apart . Why would I seriously reject a cook when I can't afford to cook maybe because of work or maybe because I don't know how to cook.
Would I prefer to buy food outside all the days of my marriage?
Would I prefer if my husband keeps complaining?
What about my kids?
Would I love to see then go hungry or eat take-out all their lives?

And then someone, a member of our family who happens to be my husband's mother helps us out by employing a cook for us and pays her salary and you think I won't accept?

It really doesn't make sense to me.

The typical African MIL would even encourage my husband to marry another wife who can cook but then I'm lucky to get one modern enough to employ a cook for us which is the best solution for our predicament at the moment and you think I won't accept her loving gift?

The truth is that even if I can cook, being a typical human being, I would probably still accept the gift to make my work easier and stretch my feet more.
As long as the payment is not being made by me.

Who no like better thing?
You? You no like easy life?

You're the liar my friend.

4 Likes

Re: Man Fights Wife Cus Dad Bought Her A New Car by Nobody: 7:38pm On Dec 21, 2014
ochon:

. . . .which is silly because all of us have brothers, sisters, mothers, fathers, uncles, auntys, nephews, neices and the list goes on

@ thread a couple of things come to mind. There is something wrong in the relationship between husband and father inlaw prior to the car gift

FIL too has not acted wisely . . . as an elder he should be wise and in light of existing issues between him and his son-in-law, he should have presented the car to both of them and not just to his daughter.

Wifey too should also know that once doors are opened to outsiders . . YES! there are only 2 people in the marriage, so everyone else is an outsider, she is only making a rod for her own back, cos one day her MIL may decide to buy shirts and trousers and other things for her husband too.

Hubby too should calm down and look at the fact that the gift is to make his wife comfortable. I do understand how he feels as it makes him feel bad that he is unable to provide all his wives needs, but he should look at the bigger picture that his wife is being made comfortable.
He should pray that God blesses his hustle. Sincerely I understand how inadequate he may be feeling but figting his wife is not the answer.

3 Likes

Re: Man Fights Wife Cus Dad Bought Her A New Car by Matthewbriggs(m): 7:44pm On Dec 21, 2014
ochon:

Matt, stop debating this issue with Sambarry. It is rétarded. NO-ONE, I repeat, NO-ONE knows what really happened that made the husband reject the car. We're all guessing. Until the MOTIVE or the CONTEXT in which he reject the car is known, I can't blame the man for rejecting it. No sane man will for NO reason reject such gift.

LOL ... I intentional choose to debate with her. I did this to.

1. See how smart she is and whether she can logical engage in a debate without throwing insults.
2. To understand her level of conviction in regards to her stance or whether she is just trolling.
3. To expose the folly of those crying blue murder and make them see how irrational and lame their stance is.
4. I just happen to have some free time on my hands today.

Sometimes the best way to make people see the light is not to show them light. but make them see how irrational staying in the dark is and then lead them towards the light.

4 Likes

Re: Man Fights Wife Cus Dad Bought Her A New Car by MizMyColi(f): 7:44pm On Dec 21, 2014
Matthewbriggs:

But that's not the type of healthy debate going on here. It is something entirely different. Constant interaction and exposure to this section can change one for the worse. It can make one lose some important values he or she holds dear.

errr, I had to quote this for the next person that'll ask me why I'm not active on here.

I'll just quote you verbatim grin grin

Thanks smiley

Your first comment on this topic was epic, the one you talked about context being everything.
I was searching for it among your posts and I came across this.

Bravo MBriggs smiley

1 Like

Re: Man Fights Wife Cus Dad Bought Her A New Car by Nobody: 7:51pm On Dec 21, 2014
cococandy:

Heaven at last.

Lets think about things deeply and honestly
If your hubby starts making comments that he enjoys this cooks meals and starts inviting his collegues home to come and enjoy the taste of this cooks meals, you wont be very happy.
If he starts to ask the cook to pack take away for him to eat at lunch at work you wont be very happy
Everyone wants to be the one that will provide the important things for our loved ones that they like
I want to be the one that will buy my husbands favorite shirt or cook his favourite meal.
Many women have housemaids but they still insist on cooking and serving their husbands meals.
At parties I prefer to get up and pick my husbands food for him . . .yes he has hands but it gives me pleasure.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (27) (Reply)

My Sister's Marriage Is About Hitting The Rocks / Lady Finds Out Her Husband Of 4 Months Is A Car Wash Boy And Not A Car Dealer / Girl ‘Punches’ Nigerian Dad At US Army Promotion Ceremony (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.