Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,443 members, 7,808,585 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:48 PM

Man Fights Wife Cus Dad Bought Her A New Car - Family (26) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Man Fights Wife Cus Dad Bought Her A New Car (56872 Views)

See What My Dad Bought For #500k Yesterday. / Drama As Man Fights Friend Over Wife In Hotel / Man Fights Over Prostitute In Hotel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man Fights Wife Cus Dad Bought Her A New Car by coogar: 4:12pm On Dec 27, 2014
tpia003:

Se ori pe ori e daru sha?

whatever that means......it has been re-configured and sent back to the donor/recipient of your x-chromosomes.

2 Likes

Re: Man Fights Wife Cus Dad Bought Her A New Car by tpia003: 4:23pm On Dec 27, 2014
It means your mama is a f.ool.

That's why you possess your extra chromosome.

And why your father never cared to know you.

1 Like

Re: Man Fights Wife Cus Dad Bought Her A New Car by coogar: 4:59pm On Dec 27, 2014
tpia003:
It means your mama is a f.ool.

That's why you possess your extra chromosome.

And why your father never cared to know you.

which of us has a foolish mom between us?

you that went to dig out a post of 2012 or me enjoying christmas to the fullest with friends & family?

you are a bastärd - you are a product of a levirate marriage & i hope and pray the remaining days of your life be 10 times as painful as the last few seconds of gadaffi in the hands of the libyan rebels.

2 Likes

Re: Man Fights Wife Cus Dad Bought Her A New Car by SAMBARRY: 5:04pm On Dec 27, 2014
Amen and may she die in misery grin
coogar:

which of us has a foolish mom between us?

you that went to dig out a post of 2012 or me enjoying christmas to the fullest with friends & family?

you are a bastärd - you are a product of a levirate marriage & i hope and pray the remaining days of your life be 10 times as painful as the last few seconds of gadaffi in the hands of the libyan rebels.
Re: Man Fights Wife Cus Dad Bought Her A New Car by coogar: 5:06pm On Dec 27, 2014
SAMBARRY:
Amen and may she die in misery grin

she lives in misery - dying in misery is already guaranteed for tpia! i dunno why the brainless obnoxious woman would dedicate 90% of her cursed life to chasing me everywhere on the forum. no wonder she has a fishy odour vägina. grin

1 Like

Re: Man Fights Wife Cus Dad Bought Her A New Car by SAMBARRY: 5:14pm On Dec 27, 2014
coogar:

she lives in misery - dying in misery is already guaranteed for tpia! i dunno why the brainless obnoxious woman would dedicate 90% of her cursed life to chasing me everywhere on the forum. no wonder she has a fishy odour vägina. grin
and spends 20hours on nairaland Like she has no life outside nairaland. In fact if not that you shunned her she wants to do amateur sek with you. She is only pained you didn't give her face grin
Re: Man Fights Wife Cus Dad Bought Her A New Car by coogar: 5:19pm On Dec 27, 2014
SAMBARRY:
and spends 20hours on nairaland Like she has no life outside nairaland. In fact if not that you shunned her she wants to do amateur sek with you. She is only pained you didn't give her face grin

20hrs on NL & more than 2,000 usernames to troll everyone. what a miserable life tpia must have?
Re: Man Fights Wife Cus Dad Bought Her A New Car by SAMBARRY: 5:30pm On Dec 27, 2014
coogar:

20hrs on NL & more than 2,000 usernames to troll everyone. what a miserable life tpia must have?
very pathetic. For someone to spend 80 percent of her life on nl means she has no hope and future no family no friends no career. What a hopeless life
Re: Man Fights Wife Cus Dad Bought Her A New Car by tpia003: 8:44pm On Dec 27, 2014
@ coogar

The rules you violated are 2, 3, 7, 8, and 9.

If the site admin refuses to do anything about your matter ( while banning me consistently), then we will need to explore other avenues for this case.

1 Like

Re: Man Fights Wife Cus Dad Bought Her A New Car by Bigsteveg(m): 11:19pm On Dec 27, 2014
Mondisweets:
Enlightened soul was right... Why should u make a big deal out of a small thing? If he has a problem with how the father presented the gift why did he not direct is anger to the culprit and not the wife? Do you think such a man will have the guts to tell his in law what he told his wife that "he is interfering with his family"?
Buh u know saying that to ur father in law might cause problem.
Re: Man Fights Wife Cus Dad Bought Her A New Car by Subom1(f): 12:17am On Dec 28, 2014
Too many insecure psssy a.s.s niggas on this thread. Please grow some balls undecided all because her father bought her a car. Y'all are making a mountain out of a molehill

5 Likes

Re: Man Fights Wife Cus Dad Bought Her A New Car by Nobody: 6:07am On Dec 28, 2014
Bigsteveg:

Buh u know saying that to ur father in law might cause problem.
So saying that about a father to his daughter doesn't cause problems? She can have her father disrespected in her face and have a party over it abi?

Let me put mondi's alter-ego thats always stirring up trouble on NL aside.... grin

There are things we need to learn before we enter into marriage. I know no matter what i can never take the position of my mother in-law in her son's life. So long they had a healthy relationship, she will remain the number one in his heart. Her food will most probably remain the best food he has ever tasted. She will probably be the only woman who could tear that asssss up but he would still go back to her the next day, hug her and call her the best mother ever. As a wife try it and the last thing i will see is a bright light.

Same thing goes with a father and his daughter. In fact my father would slap me today and tomorrow i would be drawing a pic of him written " greatest father in the world, i love you". If my husband tries it, best believe me he will not be getting an i love you the next day. A matured man will know that even if he is his wife's husband, that did not replace the role of her father in her life in anyway. Her father will probably the only man who can beat her up and 2hrs later she will be going down on her knees and serving him his favorite meal.

If my mother in law gives my husband food items or crockery. I will not ask my husband why she didn't inform me, i will simply call her to thank her. And if i can't cook the food items she sent me i will even ask her how she used to prepare it for him, so i can surprise him. If she sends him with a car, i will even go to their house and thank both her and her husband for the gift, whether i was informed about it before or not. At the end of the day, the gift was given to him, he was the one who had to choose whether he wanted it or not.

I understand that when get married i would have gained 2more parents not 2 more enemies trying to interfere with my marriage.
There is so much more about parenting i can learn from them apart from what my own parents have taught me. Im an African and i understand that marriage is not only about 2 people becoming one but 2 families coming together. Clearly some African men have thrown that cultural value away, why must you feel your in-law is belittling you by doing something for his daughter?

The guy in question felt disrespected by this FIL (for whatever delusional reason i have failed to understand until now) and the best way to deal with it was insult him in his daughter's face, because thats what mature men do? They make the issue worse?
If a petty issue like how a car is delivered can frustrate his life, what more when a bigger issue arises? Will he not murder his in-laws? undecided
A man who acts his age would just go thank his in-laws for the gift. At the end of the day the receiver of the gift wasn't complaining so why should he take panado for a headache thats not his?
If it deeply wounded his little ego, there was always another alternative, go to another elderly family member from his wife's side, ask him/her to tell his FIL in the nicest way possible that he didn't feel that the gift was given in an appropriate manner and he must take caution in the future. You think insulting her father will make her love and respect him more? undecided
When she starts disrespecting his mother the way he disrespected her father by claiming, " she is interfering with her marriage" you will come back an create another thread about how women of this generation have no respect for their husbands and in-laws undecided

4 Likes

Re: Man Fights Wife Cus Dad Bought Her A New Car by V0lv0(f): 11:04am On Dec 28, 2014
crackhaus:

This here is the problem I have with majority of you females on here, and why I will always continue to get on your case.
You obviously don't know what an analogy seeks to achieve - or maybe you do, but because of this argument and the point it puts across, you girls decide to keep intelligent thought aside and talk nonsense about how comparing a wife to a car is wrong.

Now look here, this is a famous analogy:

- A good speech should be like a woman's skirt; long enough to cover the subject and short enough to create interest [Winston Churchill]

According to your very flawed reasoning, how can speech be compared to skirt?
Right?

Here's another example:

- You see, wire telegraph is a kind of a very, very long cat. You pull his tail in New York and his head is meowing in Los Angeles. Do you understand this?
And radio operates exactly the same way: you send signals here, they receive them there. The only difference is that there is no cat
[Albert Einstein]

So how can Einstein compare the wire telegraph to a cat?
This example is especially fitting just like the wife and car analogy - the cat/wife is a living thing, while the telegraph/car is an object.

All that your talk about apple and meat (when what you actually meant to say is, apples and oranges... genius), was just you trying too hard to sound like you knew what you were saying.

The analogy is PERFECT, but of course you females won't like it - which is basically what I enjoy doing to you knuckleheads on NL who don't pause for sound thought before coming at me totally blind, making it a lot more easy to pick y'all apart with chopsticks. gringrin

A word of advice: don't ever tell a man to his face in real life that he's not a real man in the heat of an argument - if he's anything like me, you might just get your teeth knocked in before you finish that sentence.
Y'all can keep yapping about childishness, or insecurity, or ego, or 'real man', all you like on NL - it really doesn't mean a damn thing especially coming from a woman on internet bandwidth.
I bet y'all can't say the same shiit in real life, except maybe to a wimp...that's just cowardly.

Now would you want your husband's mother to bring a new woman/cook for him on the excuse that he is suffering and not getting enough healthy meals from you?
i was actually going to ignore this but than i thought i would be doing you a great injustice. I was not trying to say apples to oranges (I know that term) but I used apples to meat because those two situations are so far fetch and not comparable. Thanks for your 'English' lecture about what an analogy is however, word of advise:

copy and paste is easy. Its more important to actually understand what an anology is and how to use it.

I guess going by your stance if a man does not know how to drive then he should be run over by a car. This is an anology as they both have 'drive'. He does not know how to drive and driving resulted in him being killed.

what you wrote is not an analogy. Husband is upset because dad bought his daughter a new car to mom brings husband a new wife. Perfect analogy undecided

Let me ask you this. If as a married man your father in law buys your wife a new car or he brings a new husband to your home. Is it the same thing? Is one not extreme than the other? That's just the point i was trying to make. You can't compare it cos it's not same thing. I would be the first one bashing the father if he brought another husband home as that is disrespectful and wrong.

4 Likes

Re: Man Fights Wife Cus Dad Bought Her A New Car by crackhaus: 1:08pm On Dec 28, 2014
V0lv0:
i was actually going to ignore this but than i thought i would be doing you a great injustice. I was not trying to say apples to oranges (I know that term) but I used apples to meat because those two situations are so far fetch and not comparable. Thanks for your 'English' lecture about what an analogy is however, word of advise:

copy and paste is easy. Its more important to actually understand what an anology is and how to use it.

I guess going by your stance if a man does not know how to drive then he should be run over by a car. This is an anology as they both have 'drive'. He does not know how to drive and driving resulted in him being killed.

what you wrote is not an analogy. Husband is upset because dad bought his daughter a new car to mom brings husband a new wife. Perfect analogy undecided

Let me ask you this. If as a married man your father in law buys your wife a new car or he brings a new husband to your home. Is it the same thing? Is one not extreme than the other? That's just the point i was trying to make. You can't compare it cos it's not same thing. I would be the first one bashing the father if he brought another husband home as that is disrespectful and wrong.
Honestly, you should have ignored it and taken the lecture I gave you in good faith, instead of ending up shooting yourself in the foot at the end of your post.

Your screen-grab already defined analogy as a similarity between like features of two things on which a comparison may be based - this is a simple definition which you're twisting to confuse yourself even further.

@bold text: What are the like features in a woman who got a gift from her father, and a man who got a gift from his mother?

Your obvious answer which is because you don't like how my example would force you into admitting how bad you would feel, subconsciously activates your self-serving and biased mind into seeing the comparison as the gift itself. Lol...

News flash - The similarity/comparison is in the unawareness and lack of prior knowledge on the part of the SIL/DIL as the case may be...is this explanation simple enough for you now?

Please I ask that you do me that great 'injustice' by not replying this with more confused retorts.
It will indeed be a great injustice to my intelligence if I have to read another comment from you desperately trying hard at another comeback (the last one took you almost a week even).

Cheers! smiley

5 Likes

Re: Man Fights Wife Cus Dad Bought Her A New Car by TV01(m): 1:53pm On Dec 28, 2014
Mondisweets:
So saying that about a father to his daughter doesn't cause problems? She can have her father disrespected in her face and have a party over it abi?

Let me put mondi's alter-ego thats always stirring up trouble on NL aside.... grin

There are things we need to learn before we enter into marriage. I know no matter what i can never take the position of my mother in-law in her son's life. So long they had a healthy relationship, she will remain the number one in his heart. Her food will most probably remain the best food he has ever tasted. She will probably be the only woman who could tear that asssss up but he would still go back to her the next day, hug her and call her the best mother ever. As a wife try it and the last thing i will see is a bright light.

Same thing goes with a father and his daughter. In fact my father would slap me today and tomorrow i would be drawing a pic of him written " greatest father in the world, i love you". If my husband tries it, best believe me he will not be getting an i love you the next day. A matured man will know that even if he is his wife's husband, that did not replace the role of her father in her life in anyway. Her father will probably the only man who can beat her up and 2hrs later she will be going down on her knees and serving him his favorite meal.

If my mother in law gives my husband food items or crockery. I will not ask my husband why she didn't inform me, i will simply call her to thank her. And if i can't cook the food items she sent me i will even ask her how she used to prepare it for him, so i can surprise him. If she sends him with a car, i will even go to their house and thank both her and her husband for the gift, whether i was informed about it before or not. At the end of the day, the gift was given to him, he was the one who had to choose whether he wanted it or not.

I understand that when get married i would have gained 2more parents not 2 more enemies trying to interfere with my marriage.
There is so much more about parenting i can learn from them apart from what my own parents have taught me. Im an African and i understand that marriage is not only about 2 people becoming one but 2 families coming together. Clearly some African men have thrown that cultural value away, why must you feel your in-law is belittling you by doing something for his daughter?

The guy in question felt disrespected by this FIL (for whatever delusional reason i have failed to understand until now) and the best way to deal with it was insult him in his daughter's face, because thats what mature men do? They make the issue worse?
If a petty issue like how a car is delivered can frustrate his life, what more when a bigger issue arises? Will he not murder his in-laws? undecided
A man who acts his age would just go thank his in-laws for the gift. At the end of the day the receiver of the gift wasn't complaining so why should he take panado for a headache thats not his?
If it deeply wounded his little ego, there was always another alternative, go to another elderly family member from his wife's side, ask him/her to tell his FIL in the nicest way possible that he didn't feel that the gift was given in an appropriate manner and he must take caution in the future. You think insulting her father will make her love and respect him more? undecided
When she starts disrespecting his mother the way he disrespected her father by claiming, " she is interfering with her marriage" you will come back an create another thread about how women of this generation have no respect for their husbands and in-laws undecided

Singleton right? grin

TV
Re: Man Fights Wife Cus Dad Bought Her A New Car by TV01(m): 1:56pm On Dec 28, 2014
crackhaus:

Please I ask that you do me that great 'injustice' by not replying this with more confused retorts.
It will indeed be a great injustice to my intelligence if I have to read another comment from you desperately trying hard at another comeback (the last one took you almost a week even).

Cheers! smiley

Cracky - stuffing turkeys whatever the season grin!

TV
Re: Man Fights Wife Cus Dad Bought Her A New Car by coogar: 2:00pm On Dec 28, 2014
tpia003:
@ coogar

The rules you violated are 2, 3, 7, 8, and 9.

If the site admin refuses to do anything about your matter ( while banning me consistently), then we will need to explore other avenues for this case.

fück off, you old disgusting haggard hawk!
Re: Man Fights Wife Cus Dad Bought Her A New Car by crackhaus: 2:24pm On Dec 28, 2014
TV01:

Cracky - stuffing turkeys whatever the season grin!

TV
Can't stop, won't stop... grin

Long time no see read, Sir TV...trust all is good and well.
Compliments of the season, and a happy bubbly new year in advance!
Re: Man Fights Wife Cus Dad Bought Her A New Car by Bigsteveg(m): 4:08pm On Dec 28, 2014
Mondisweets:

I agree with u partially, the issue is not the gift nor the giver, with the nature of the gift, the father should have @least let d man know and present it to the wife. Now food or cooking utensils is different from a car, imagine, ur husband coming home one night and telling u d family is packing the next day to the new house d husband father just gave hime. Going to the topic, i don't have a problem with such father or the gift. A WISE FATHER should know how to present such gifts to the daughter's family.
And also u keep comparing d importance of father to ur hasband. Father or ur children, will never be ther for u for long, ur spouse(husband/wife) will be there for 40/50 yrs. Why becos of a car start creating 'crack' in ur marriage. But I feel d father is to be blame. Presentation matters, it's like knowing 'what to say and 'how to say it proper'
Re: Man Fights Wife Cus Dad Bought Her A New Car by pickabeau1: 4:12pm On Dec 28, 2014
crackhaus:

Do you know a group called red hot chill peppers
Re: Man Fights Wife Cus Dad Bought Her A New Car by V0lv0(f): 4:24pm On Dec 28, 2014
crackhaus:

Honestly, you should have ignored it and taken the lecture I gave you in good faith, instead of ending up shooting yourself in the foot at the end of your post.

Your screen-grab already defined analogy as a similarity between like features of two things on which a comparison may be based - this is a simple definition which you're twisting to confuse yourself even further.

@bold text: What are the like features in a woman who got a gift from her father, and a man who got a gift from his mother?

Your obvious answer which is because you don't like how my example would force you into admitting how bad you would feel, subconsciously activates your self-serving and biased mind into seeing the comparison as the gift itself. Lol...

News flash - The similarity/comparison is in the unawareness and lack of prior knowledge on the part of the SIL/DIL as the case may be...is this explanation simple enough for you now?

Cheers! smiley
Lmao grin cool
Re: Man Fights Wife Cus Dad Bought Her A New Car by crackhaus: 4:28pm On Dec 28, 2014
pickabeau1:

Do you know a group called red hot chill peppers
I think I may have heard one, two, or maybe even more of their songs - the kind of music they sing is not what I usually listen to, so I can't say I 'know' them…as in like really know them.

Why?
Re: Man Fights Wife Cus Dad Bought Her A New Car by crackhaus: 4:29pm On Dec 28, 2014
V0lv0:
Lmao grin cool
You found that funny? undecided
Re: Man Fights Wife Cus Dad Bought Her A New Car by pickabeau1: 4:31pm On Dec 28, 2014
crackhaus:

I think I may have heard one, two, or maybe more of their songs - their kind of music is not what I usually listen to, so I can't say I 'know' them…as in really know them.

Why?

That line

Can't stop won't stop

Reminds me of one of their hits... can't stop

Let me give u a list..tight.. Let me know what u think

Californication
Can't stop
Under the bridge
Scar Tissue
the other side
Re: Man Fights Wife Cus Dad Bought Her A New Car by Nobody: 4:40pm On Dec 28, 2014
Bigsteveg:

I agree with u partially, the issue is not the gift nor the giver, with the nature of the gift, the father should have @least let d man know and present it to the wife. Now food or cooking utensils is different from a car, imagine, ur husband coming home one night and telling u d family is packing the next day to the new house d husband father just gave hime. Going to the topic, i don't have a problem with such father or the gift.

I would for any reason get angry at my father in-law, he will be like a second father to me. I would not go around insulting him over a petty issue. i already said and i would give him the same respect i give my father. i would even call him to give him notice that i would be coming over to thank him personally.

I will however try and convince my husband to give us time to go see the house and make arrangements with people who will help us pack up and move to the house.

A WISE FATHER should know how to present such gifts to the daughter's family.
And also u keep comparing d importance of father to ur hasband. Father or ur children, will never be ther for u for long, ur spouse(husband/wife) will be there for 40/50 yrs.

This is where you are completely wrong. If you haven't heard of the word divorce, let me enlighten you, husbands can come and go. Your father will always remain your father. Never get that mixed up.

Why becos of a car start creating 'crack' in ur marriage. But I feel d father is to be blame. Presentation matters, it's like knowing 'what to say and 'how to say it proper'
that's why marriage is for mature people, because mature people do not turn every little frivolous thing into WWIII! So if something isn't presented to you in the way you want it presented. You go around disrespecting and insulting you in-laws because things weren't done your way? Last time i checked that's what 5year olds do, not grown married men?

Let me ask you again, as a grown man with a functional brain, do you think insulting your wife's father in her face would make her love you and respect you more?

3 Likes

Re: Man Fights Wife Cus Dad Bought Her A New Car by crackhaus: 4:57pm On Dec 28, 2014
pickabeau1:

That line

Can't stop won't stop

Reminds me of one of their hits... can't stop

Let me give u a list..tight.. Let me know what u think

Californication
Can't stop
Under the bridge
Scar Tissue
the other side

Ohh the line... grin

I think I heard that line from Diddy in one of them tracks with Biggie Smalls when he was still alive.

Will download the songs, Compliments of the season!
Re: Man Fights Wife Cus Dad Bought Her A New Car by TV01(m): 5:04pm On Dec 28, 2014
crackhaus:

...very well thank you for asking. Great Christmas. I trust likewise.

Best
TV

1 Like

Re: Man Fights Wife Cus Dad Bought Her A New Car by pickabeau1: 5:27pm On Dec 28, 2014
crackhaus:

Ohh the line... grin

I think I heard that line from Diddy in one of them tracks with Biggie Smalls when he was still alive.

Will download the songs, Compliments of the season!

Same to you

That was Mo Money Mo Problems
Re: Man Fights Wife Cus Dad Bought Her A New Car by LordReed(m): 5:31pm On Dec 28, 2014
crackhaus:

Cheers! smiley

The analogy is simply not apt because you cannot gift a wife. That's a human being not chattel.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Fights Wife Cus Dad Bought Her A New Car by gabbytabby: 5:47pm On Dec 28, 2014
alutaa:

The girl parent or the guy parent doesn't matter. The most important thing is the way the gift was presented. It should be presented to them as a couple. This way, both the boy or the girl authority will not be undermine in the union.

There is a reason for the statement that 2 shall become one..........

2 have become 1 sothay I no go fit buy present for my pickin
Re: Man Fights Wife Cus Dad Bought Her A New Car by Nobody: 6:04pm On Dec 28, 2014
gabbytabby:

2 have become 1 sothay I no go fit buy present for my pickin
grin
Re: Man Fights Wife Cus Dad Bought Her A New Car by crackhaus: 6:24pm On Dec 28, 2014
LordReed:

The analogy is simply not apt because you cannot gift a wife. That's a human being not chattel.
Let me humour you a little bit - is your opinion based on the idea that a wife is a human being, while the car isn't?

Because if that's it, I'm pretty sure there are/were cultures where women have been offered as gifts to men as payment for work, debt settlement, creating alliances/treaties...etc.
It happened in the Bible more than once - with Moses for helping the daughters of Jethro, he was given Zipporah as a wife gift.... with Jacob for serving Laban, he was first given Leah and later Rachael as wife gifts.
There are other examples like in England and France or England and Scotland forming alliances by gifting princesses with the intention of forming marriage unions which lead to alliances.
Even to this day, things like that still happen - so you really got no point.

Anyway enough of the examples, the analogy is not on the gift itself but on the unawareness/lack of prior knowledge which leaves one party in the dark, thereby making them feel inadequate, simple!
I already made this clear enough in that my post you quoted.

A gift is a gift, be it human or inanimate - as long as it is offered to another in the form of assistance, appreciation, or commendation.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (Reply)

My Sister's Marriage Is About Hitting The Rocks / Lady Finds Out Her Husband Of 4 Months Is A Car Wash Boy And Not A Car Dealer / Girl ‘Punches’ Nigerian Dad At US Army Promotion Ceremony (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 111
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.