Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,351 members, 7,808,228 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:05 AM

Man Fights Wife Cus Dad Bought Her A New Car - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Man Fights Wife Cus Dad Bought Her A New Car (56867 Views)

See What My Dad Bought For #500k Yesterday. / Drama As Man Fights Friend Over Wife In Hotel / Man Fights Over Prostitute In Hotel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (27) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man Fights Wife Cus Dad Bought Her A New Car by Truckpusher(m): 8:19pm On Dec 20, 2014
Chillisauce:
This agbero truckpusher quoting me up and down. Your mama no teach you respect for elders ?

You can call me whatever you want,I don't give a rat asss about that because I've heard much worse than that before and you won't be the last either but that won't still change the fact that you're dumb,fat,ugly and unmarried and as such you are so so pained when you see these young married ladies here hence your senseless mockery of Nigerian marriages.And even if you're married ,you are so unhappy and you can't afford to see others being happy.You are just nothing but one bitter thing.

Now. here is a word of advice for you ;go get yourself a man first and live with him for just one 1 yr let's see what you'd turn up to, then we can talk.

If you think that you're older than me, then think twice.

10 Likes

Re: Man Fights Wife Cus Dad Bought Her A New Car by Nobody: 8:19pm On Dec 20, 2014
Matthewbriggs:

I would not collect a gift from my mother if it would make my family unhappy in anyway. This is FACT. All I can do is try to convince her I need to accept it if she still insist. My focus would shift towards mending the rift between them, than gallivanting around celebrating the fact my Mum gave me a gift ... Also based on the data on ground I would make the right decision on the next course of action to take.

FYI. The use of the word her "joining her father", is a figure of expression intended not to be taking literally ... It is used in this context to emphasis the strain her accepting that gift would have on our relationship, that does not mean I would I would send her packing.

Good for you.

I would not marry a mumu that throws tantrums because my dad gave me a car.

8 Likes

Re: Man Fights Wife Cus Dad Bought Her A New Car by Nobody: 8:20pm On Dec 20, 2014
Nonso23:

That is exactly what it is.
A very troublesome gift that shouldn't be accepted by any husband.

grin grin grin
Re: Man Fights Wife Cus Dad Bought Her A New Car by Nobody: 8:23pm On Dec 20, 2014

6 Likes

Re: Man Fights Wife Cus Dad Bought Her A New Car by cococandy(f): 8:24pm On Dec 20, 2014
Some asiwines don't know how to remain ignored. Even when one tries hard to ignore them
undecided undecided

8 Likes

Re: Man Fights Wife Cus Dad Bought Her A New Car by Ilekokonit: 8:26pm On Dec 20, 2014
Nonso23:

The most annoying part of it all is that the couple already found a way to manage the problem before meddlesome FIL came into the picture with his BIG CAR!
Dynamics of a marriage differ considerably from other forms of romantic engagements.

EVERY body pre-marriage fails to realise that the wedding day is a 100 metre dash but the "marriage proper" is a marathon that only lasts if you patiently waited until you met your soul mate. fools rush in where angels fear to thread. Inlaws and outlaws should be circumspect in meddling directly or indirectly in a couples affairs especially when it comes to finances or the lack of it.
Re: Man Fights Wife Cus Dad Bought Her A New Car by Nobody: 8:27pm On Dec 20, 2014
Nonso23:

And no man will marry a mumu woman that doesn't know when to stop suckling her mother's breast while firmly strapped to Daddy's apron strings.

Don't think every man is as insecure as the men on this thread.

But if they were, I would also, just like Chilli, prefer to drive a fancy car headless. grin

5 Likes

Re: Man Fights Wife Cus Dad Bought Her A New Car by Truckpusher(m): 8:28pm On Dec 20, 2014
carefreewannabe:

Intelligent comparison. I am impressed.
It sounds unintelligent because you're at the receiving end.

My aim of coming into this thread is not to compare IQ with some certified men bashing groupies of your kind .Hence I'm willing to roll in the mud just to get even with you wackos.

I have noticed that each time any thread about marriages shows up here in the family section, you and your bunch of undesirable elements would quickly use it to ridicule and mock Nigerian marriages and this when I do come in to straighten you lost folks before you spread your diseases.

Keep your intelligent nature to yourself, I do not need it to survive - I already survived.

8 Likes

Re: Man Fights Wife Cus Dad Bought Her A New Car by Godiloveu(f): 8:29pm On Dec 20, 2014
LordReed:

Excuse me, a gift overrules which decision?

LordReed, wat re u saying sef .... so if d car develops any mechanical problem she will turn to me for help /consultation abi?

anything about d car .....fast forward to ur pop 'c . me no wan know abarrit, shoor!

Rich man no wan give poor man respect again. abegi

2 Likes

Re: Man Fights Wife Cus Dad Bought Her A New Car by Nobody: 8:29pm On Dec 20, 2014
Truckpusher:
It sounds unintelligent because you're at the receiving end.

My aim of coming into this thread is not to compare IQ with some certified men bashing groupies of your kind .Hence I'm willing to roll in the mud just to get even with you wackos.

I have noticed that each time any thread about marriages shows up here in the family section, you and your bunch of undesirable elements would quickly use it to ridicule and mock Nigerian marriages and this when I do come in to straighten you lost folks before you spread your diseases.

Keep your intelligent nature to yourself, I do not need it to survive - I already survived.

Ok, move on.

3 Likes

Re: Man Fights Wife Cus Dad Bought Her A New Car by Nobody: 8:31pm On Dec 20, 2014

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Fights Wife Cus Dad Bought Her A New Car by Truckpusher(m): 8:31pm On Dec 20, 2014
carefreewannabe:

Ok, move on.
I ain't going nowhere.
I'll wait for you and your kind to misfire again lemme keep you where you exactly belong.

7 Likes

Re: Man Fights Wife Cus Dad Bought Her A New Car by Nobody: 8:33pm On Dec 20, 2014
Truckpusher:
I ain't going nowhere.
I'll wait for you and your kind to misfire again lemme keep you where you exactly belong.

You can do NOTHING! grin

5 Likes

Re: Man Fights Wife Cus Dad Bought Her A New Car by Ilekokonit: 8:34pm On Dec 20, 2014
coogar:
i will not undermine my son-in-law just because I feel like throwing my weight around.

That means you want your daughters marriage to last. But some FIL's especially the ones who only had daughters themselves repeat the error of thinking they can bully their son in law like they bullied their daughters and wives. Their error eventually proves fatal for their daughters marriage.

No man wants to be controlled by another man. Men are that territorial.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Fights Wife Cus Dad Bought Her A New Car by Nobody: 8:34pm On Dec 20, 2014
Matthewbriggs:

You have started again with your pseudo feminism. grin grin . Have I ever thought what First what evidence do you have aside what the Op posted that provides us with enough information about the context of this gift that makes you think we are not dealing with a sane man who might be reacting in a sane way to gift given with insane intentions.
everything goes back to feminism, because i just happened to be a female who called a man irrational? Now thats petty. I asked a question and you are responding as if it was a statement. please tell me how giving your own child a car can ever an insane intention behind it?

So it would be better she continues waiting for her husband or use public transport when the husband is not available, when something can be done about it?

We have no data or proof whether he is Sane or not, We have no detailed understanding of the context surrounding his actions. But you and your lot find it cool painting the man as the devil in this scenario, who would sacrifice his wife's joy to sooth his almighty ego. with out caring to ask the op for more information about why he acted the way he did or the context surrounding his actions.
I never painted the man as the devil. If a person is simply being irrational i simply call it that. She doesn't have a car anymore and her father decided to replace it, which other motive could be behind it? undecided

2 Likes

Re: Man Fights Wife Cus Dad Bought Her A New Car by Nobody: 8:35pm On Dec 20, 2014

5 Likes

Re: Man Fights Wife Cus Dad Bought Her A New Car by Nobody: 8:36pm On Dec 20, 2014
Nonso23:

Nor do i think all women are very mentally under-developed to understand the dynamics of marriage as the women of this thread.
If they were then I'll expect that they married their fathers.

Yawns

You can do better. wink

3 Likes

Re: Man Fights Wife Cus Dad Bought Her A New Car by Nobody: 8:37pm On Dec 20, 2014
LordReed:

What a joke. A man that will tell me as a father that I need his permission to buy my daughter a gift because he is her husband has proved himself a donkey. She is my daughter and no man can tell me when or how I should give my daughter a gift.

So you will ask your daughter's husband permission? Was she sold? Is she a slave?

lemme tell u, another life began for d two couples d day dey left dier parent's houses to live together. there are things dat are basic due to one's change of status. d relationship between father and son/ daughter naturally changes ones dey v attained adulthood.

e.g, a man cannot send d daughter any kind of errand simply coz she is ur daughter without her husband's knowledge or approval otherwise I will send u back to ur father.
Also, d husband and wife v become one, so nothing shld b done in disregard to dat. I think presenting a car gift to d family will b wiser dan just giving it to ur daughter as if d family cannot afford one. Even if is d wife dats buying it with her cash, she will respectfully inform her better half such dat dey don't act in confusion .

4 Likes

Re: Man Fights Wife Cus Dad Bought Her A New Car by Nobody: 8:37pm On Dec 20, 2014

6 Likes

Re: Man Fights Wife Cus Dad Bought Her A New Car by Nobody: 8:38pm On Dec 20, 2014
Re: Man Fights Wife Cus Dad Bought Her A New Car by Truckpusher(m): 8:38pm On Dec 20, 2014
Ilekokonit:

Now, I get your logic.

Basically what you are saying is that the parent of one party to a marriage should not use the other parties perceived or real weakness to spite that party.

It happens a lot in nigerian marriages where for example the husbands mum is looking out for the wifes weakness or the wifes dad is looking out for the husbands weakness (maybe lack of money) and is stepping in to fill that gap with or without the husbands knowledge or consent.

Its very common with men who only have daughters as children and because they have not brought up a male child in real life, they forget how territorial a man is and once their daughter WRONGLY starts telling them how she is suffering in her husbands house, the dad WRONGLY steps into their marital affairs to the chagrin of the fiercely independent husband. I've actually seen a marriage with 2 kids break up because of the overbearing influence of the wifes dad in the marriage and the fiercely independent husband not being ready to be colonised by a fellow man.

I actually blamed the woman in my example for going behind her husbands back to give her dad a running commentary of happenings in her marriage over a long period and the dad advising her on how to relate to her husband. the wifes dad in this case also had only 3 daughters and because he was used to bullying them including their mum, he WRONGLY thought he could bully a fellow man in his son in law with the result that he scattered his own daughters marriage with his meddlesome character.

My advise to couples is NEVER involve any inlaw or outlaw or parent or pastor into your marital matters. They may mean well to start with but they complicate matters on the long run.
I won't be against it if I have a wife tomorrow and she gets a car from her Dad. As long as it would give me some economic leeway to spend money on some other items I would be more than happy,I'll call him on phone and thank him very well grin . But,what I was against was how some dumb ladies in here took the whole thing out of context, using it measure every marriage in Nigeria as being doomed just with a single unconfirmed story on a faceless social forum - What could be more dumber than that? ....you tell me

2 Likes

Re: Man Fights Wife Cus Dad Bought Her A New Car by Truckpusher(m): 8:39pm On Dec 20, 2014
carefreewannabe:

You can do NOTHING! grin

Trust me ,you do not want to cross my path. grin

3 Likes

Re: Man Fights Wife Cus Dad Bought Her A New Car by Truckpusher(m): 8:40pm On Dec 20, 2014
Nonso23:

Is this the extent of your cowardice undecided undecided
Be direct. Nobody will cane you.
grin

5 Likes

Re: Man Fights Wife Cus Dad Bought Her A New Car by Nobody: 8:40pm On Dec 20, 2014
Truckpusher:
I won't be against it if I have a wife tomorrow and she gets a car from her Dad. As long as it would give me some economic leeway to spend money on some other items I would be more than happy,I'll call him on phone and thank him very well grin . But,what I was against was how some dumb ladies in here took the whole thing out of context, using it measure every marriage in Nigeria as being doomed just with a single unconfirmed story on a faceless social forum - What could be more dumber than that? ....you tell me

Maybe you defending pedophilia in the name of culture or your profile pic, in which you look like a Mexican drug trafficker? grin

9 Likes

Re: Man Fights Wife Cus Dad Bought Her A New Car by Matthewbriggs(m): 8:41pm On Dec 20, 2014
carefreewannabe:

Good for you.

I would not marry a mumu that throws tantrums because my dad gave me a car.

Good for you too.

By the way who give a f** if you marry a mumu or not. I just hope that you understand that when you dad decides to give you a car. The context and manner he presents it to your family is as important as the car gift it self.

3 Likes

Re: Man Fights Wife Cus Dad Bought Her A New Car by Nobody: 8:41pm On Dec 20, 2014
Truckpusher:
Trust me ,you do not want to cross my path. grin

Of course, I don't. grin grin grin
Re: Man Fights Wife Cus Dad Bought Her A New Car by Nobody: 8:42pm On Dec 20, 2014
Truckpusher:
You can call me whatever you want,I don't give a rat asss about that because I've heard much worse than that before and you won't be the last either but that won't still change the fact that you're dumb,fat,ugly and unmarried and as such you are so so pained when you see these young married ladies here hence your senseless mockery of Nigerian marriages.And even if you're married ,you are so unhappy and you can't afford to see others being happy.You are just nothing but one bitter thing.

Now. here is a word of advice for you ;go get yourself a man first and live with him for just one 1 yr let's see what you'd turn up to, then we can talk.

If you think that you're older than me, then think twice.

Spill it all out, if it makes you sleep better.
Who cares what you think about me. You not the first, you will soon join the others on the long long queue.
Now scrap, you non entity, frustrated he goat looking for ya mama punny to smell.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Fights Wife Cus Dad Bought Her A New Car by Nobody: 8:43pm On Dec 20, 2014
Ilekokonit:

No man wants to be controlled by another man. Men are that territorial.
in other words her need is less important than his ego?

8 Likes

Re: Man Fights Wife Cus Dad Bought Her A New Car by Nobody: 8:43pm On Dec 20, 2014
Matthewbriggs:

Good for you too.

By the way who give a f** if you marry a mumu or not. I just hope that you understand that when you dad decides to give you a car. The context and manner he presents it to your family is as important as the car gift it self.

Says who?

You or the man in my life?

The man in my life doesn't have such issues.

8 Likes

Re: Man Fights Wife Cus Dad Bought Her A New Car by Truckpusher(m): 8:44pm On Dec 20, 2014
carefreewannabe:

Maybe you defending pedophilia in the name of culture or your profile pic, in which you look like a Mexican drug trafficker? grin
Well I never defended pedophilia - all I said was that if we as a secular people should respect the cultures of others maybe they wouldn't be regarding us as infidels.

I'm nothing close to a drug trafficker , quit comparing me with the kind of men you roll with. tongue

5 Likes

Re: Man Fights Wife Cus Dad Bought Her A New Car by Nobody: 8:46pm On Dec 20, 2014
Truckpusher:
Well I never defended pedophilia - all I said was that if we as a secular people should respect the cultures of others maybe they wouldn't be regarding us as infidels.

I'm nothing close to a drug trafficker , quit comparing me with the kind of men you roll with. tongue

It's only you who is concerned about how perverts see him. grin

2 Likes

Re: Man Fights Wife Cus Dad Bought Her A New Car by Nobody: 8:47pm On Dec 20, 2014

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (27) (Reply)

My Sister's Marriage Is About Hitting The Rocks / Lady Finds Out Her Husband Of 4 Months Is A Car Wash Boy And Not A Car Dealer / Girl ‘Punches’ Nigerian Dad At US Army Promotion Ceremony (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 105
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.