Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,864 members, 7,806,457 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 04:49 PM

In Hope After Emptiness (an Interesting Story - Literature (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / In Hope After Emptiness (an Interesting Story (10168 Views)

Despite All Odds - (An Interesting Story) / Love Or Wealth- An Interesting And Touching Story / Happiness And Emptiness (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: In Hope After Emptiness (an Interesting Story by Nobody: 8:34pm On Feb 02, 2015
Tattesco, you are great and I wish this story will take you to THE ISLAND OF GREATNESS you are HOPING for. You are A GENIUS and YOU ARE ABLE to achieve the best ever; and lastly, if YOU WANNA WIN anything in life, never give up, even though thousands of corrective and destructive criticisms fly across your way.
Re: In Hope After Emptiness (an Interesting Story by tattesco(m): 7:09pm On Feb 04, 2015
Everything became normal after the advice from Labake. We ran after customers and even forced some people to buy pure water from us even against their will.

One fateful evening, Bidemi and I were hawking where there was traffic jam. A man called from his jeep and asked us to sell him #50 worth of pure water. Bidemi went there to sell for him and I ran after another bus. After about 1 hour, I noticed that I didn't see Bidemi again. I went to where he went to sell his wares and I noticed that only his rubber and the pair of slippers were on the spot. I looked everywhere but didn't see him anywhere around that place.

My mind suggested that he had been kidnapped. I dropped my bucket and ran to Labake. I rushed to her room and told her what had happened to Bidemi.

Immediately, she called one of her customers who happened to be a police officer. After ending the call, she told me that we should go to the police station to make a formal report.

'Don't worry, Bidemi will come back.' She assured me as we made our way to the police station.

'Can you tell us what happened?' A police officer asked me.

After I had explained everything that happened to them, they asked, 'Do you know the number of the car?"

I nodded in disagreement.

'Can you describe the car for us?' They asked me again.

'Yes sir,' I replied. It is a white jeep. The man is black and wore a black face.

'That's him!' A black police officer exclaimed from the counter . He had been listening to our conversation for a while.

'That is the same car a woman reported here last week, the woman said that particular man tried to kidnap her son,' he said looking confused.

'Don't worry Labake, you and your brother can go home now till tomorrow' the officer said.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: In Hope After Emptiness (an Interesting Story by tattesco(m): 8:44am On Feb 05, 2015
Hi every1. Let's comment o
Re: In Hope After Emptiness (an Interesting Story by tattesco(m): 6:32am On Feb 06, 2015
Hi every one. I will be updating today. Thanks for followning.

Bookj
Re: In Hope After Emptiness (an Interesting Story by tattesco(m): 10:26am On Feb 08, 2015
Deeninetyseven, Tiffanyj, helenbee,
teebashy, prettydiva89, fatalveli, harjibolar10,
fembleez1 / fembleeze1, stuff46, Divepen,
cybershow, Tattesco, Ali1king, kingphilip,
onemansquad, tecno4life, bluestarry,
jefferyjamez, slap1, chinweblinkz,
supermartin, ishilove, pweetidamsel,
jeanfortune, jaymomma, vibra, almacherich,
marynneka, trusted, Shadowbean and lots
more!
Re: In Hope After Emptiness (an Interesting Story by Fembleez1(m): 11:57am On Feb 08, 2015
Now that I'm less busy,...I will find time to read
Re: In Hope After Emptiness (an Interesting Story by Nobody: 1:07pm On Feb 08, 2015
let me start reading
Re: In Hope After Emptiness (an Interesting Story by tattesco(m): 1:21pm On Feb 08, 2015
Fembleez1:
prettydiva89:
let me start reading
Fembleez1:
thanks.

1 Like

Re: In Hope After Emptiness (an Interesting Story by tattesco(m): 12:32am On Feb 09, 2015
Update coming 2day. Thanks to everybody 4 reading this far
Re: In Hope After Emptiness (an Interesting Story by harjibolar10(m): 12:36am On Feb 09, 2015
tattesco:
more!
No vex say I come late oo, and let the update drop this morning o
Re: In Hope After Emptiness (an Interesting Story by harjibolar10(m): 12:39am On Feb 09, 2015
tattesco:
more!
Bross, I'm here now oo

I think you're giving this story a little bit of rush, and I don't think it's too cool...

Keep em coming anyways
Re: In Hope After Emptiness (an Interesting Story by tattesco(m): 12:40am On Feb 09, 2015
harjibolar10:

Bristol, I'm here
thanks 4 being here. Highly appreciated

1 Like

Re: In Hope After Emptiness (an Interesting Story by kenwins(f): 7:49pm On Feb 09, 2015
Nyc update! Dnt kill d fun. Ur last update was so impressive. I love it.
More update!
Re: In Hope After Emptiness (an Interesting Story by tattesco(m): 8:53pm On Feb 09, 2015
kenwins:
More update!
thanks sis. Update will come 2mao.
Re: In Hope After Emptiness (an Interesting Story by tattesco(m): 9:29pm On Feb 09, 2015
kenwins:
More update!
Re: In Hope After Emptiness (an Interesting Story by tattesco(m): 10:04pm On Feb 09, 2015
CHAPTER 5.

Everything seemed over by the disappearance of Abidemi. That night was the most lonely night since the death of my family. Different questions kept ringing through my mind:

Was he kept for some ransom?or is it those ritual killers that kidnapped him? The questions kept coming without anyone to answer then for me.

I remembered the promise we made to each other that we wouldn't leave each other.

Now that we were orphans, we had no one anymore. I remembered that night we made the pledge:

'We are the two left in this cruel world, promise me you won't leave me as I won't leave you,' Abidemi had said.

'Never!' I replied. Those words kept ringing in my mind.

'So you aren't sleeping?'. Labake suddenly said as I came back to life. 'Don't worry Kola, the police have said they will do everything possible to find and bring back Bidemi,' she said with assurance in her voice.

'Ok sister Labake,' I managed to answer. 'Hope they bring him back quickly.'

--------------------------------------------------------------
I continued my work that very week Bidemi was kidnapped. It was now 2 months and the police kept assuring us that they would surely bring Bidemi back.

Now I was more careful of whom I would rush to in hold ups. If I perceived that someone out there was wearing a bold face, I wouldn't bother to go his side, even though he called me 500 times.

Life became more difficult for me. I had to take care of and buy everything for myself just at the age of 15. Hope wasn't at sight at all. Just one month after Bidemi's disappearance, the government came to Foluke's brothel and drove them away.

Foluke had to move away from there to the Islands in Lagos state. I once shared a place in Foluke's former house. Since Foluke house rent expired, I had to move under bridge for shelter and hawk pure water from morning till evening.

Saturdays and Sundays were my resting days. This fateful saturday evening, around 6 o'clock. as I was coming from a football field not far from the bridge I was living under, I saw a black wallet beside the road. I picked it up and gawked inside. Amazingly, I saw some dollar notes inside. My smile widened on my face as my cheeks protruded and my mouth salivated. I was as happy as Tomcat.

Suddenly, I felt a hot slap on my face from the back. My whole teeth made a reverberating quake. I felt my teeth had been let loose.

'How dare you steal my wallet?' A young man screamed as himself and his friend pounced on me. The man was in his late twenties, but his suntanned face made him look older. His hair was rough like a typical suffering negro's, who hadn't brought a comb near it for ages. If not for the intervention of an old woman who saw me when I was picking the wallet, as well as some area boys who stepped into the issue on time, I would have been burnt alive.

It was a sorrowful day for me; everybody just left the scene of the incident and left me with my Creator. My eyes were swollen and my legs weakened. I crawled away from the scene and sit down beside a shop. My eyes were dim as I saw three man silhouettes approaching me before I passed out.

I woke up the following day in a strange place. I heard continuous beeping sound as I kept wondering where I was.

'He has woken up!' A thin feminine voice shouted from distance, then I realize that I was in a hospital.

'Just relax, you are safe,' a lady dressed in white finally said after several minutes of confusion.

'Who brought me here?' I managed to ask as I saw a man of about my age.

I received the shock of my life as I saw that Bidemi was the guy, standing right at the centre!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: In Hope After Emptiness (an Interesting Story by Nobody: 10:48pm On Feb 09, 2015
wow
Re: In Hope After Emptiness (an Interesting Story by tattesco(m): 6:55am On Feb 10, 2015
Thanks 4 commenting!!!
Re: In Hope After Emptiness (an Interesting Story by Chimdim: 2:10pm On Feb 10, 2015
wow what a touching story, keep it up
Re: In Hope After Emptiness (an Interesting Story by bookj(f): 3:38pm On Feb 10, 2015
Welldone tattesco.
More update pls
Re: In Hope After Emptiness (an Interesting Story by kenwins(f): 7:41pm On Feb 10, 2015
I am impressed. Weldone dear!
I love d fact d@ u tuk to corrections. Someone once asked you to alwz end each chapter in such a way d@ we'd ask for more. D@'s exactly w@ u did. U made me curious and want to knw w@ had become of Bidemi.

You really are good. Jst sum typographical errors that cld be easily ignored.

More update,plz.
Re: In Hope After Emptiness (an Interesting Story by tattesco(m): 8:36pm On Feb 10, 2015
Thanks everybody.

@bookj I sight you,

@kenwins I see u. Thanks verymuch,

@chimdim thanks
Re: In Hope After Emptiness (an Interesting Story by tattesco(m): 10:00pm On Feb 11, 2015
Hi every1. Update coming 2mao
Re: In Hope After Emptiness (an Interesting Story by harjibolar10(m): 10:40am On Feb 12, 2015
tattesco:
Hi every1. Update coming 2mao
No problem.
Re: In Hope After Emptiness (an Interesting Story by tattesco(m): 8:57pm On Feb 13, 2015
Sorry guys 4 not updating since.

1 Like

Re: In Hope After Emptiness (an Interesting Story by tattesco(m): 10:02am On Feb 20, 2015
'Relax bro' Bidemi told me as he came closer and placed his hand on my head.

'Where have you been?' I managed to ask. 'Where have u been since? I've been looking for you,' I finally said as tears rolled down my eyes.

'Relax Kola, I will explain everything to you when we get hope.' He said as he turned to the nurse.

'When will he be discharged? He asked.

'By Gods grace this evening.' she replied.

'Ok,' Bidemi answered as he turned to the man next to him.

'Oga sent me an errand, take care of my friend and bring him home immediately he is discharged,' Bidemi commanded the man.

'Ok,' Bidemi nodded in agreement and bade me farewell as himself and the other man walk out of the room.

Different thought ran through my mind as I was eagerly waiting for the answers.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: In Hope After Emptiness (an Interesting Story by harjibolar10(m): 3:55pm On Feb 20, 2015
Keep em coming Oga boss
Re: In Hope After Emptiness (an Interesting Story by kenwins(f): 7:58pm On Feb 20, 2015
Too short update it is. Feed us some more d. By d way,nyc update.
Re: In Hope After Emptiness (an Interesting Story by Nobody: 10:15pm On Feb 20, 2015
waited too long for the update
Re: In Hope After Emptiness (an Interesting Story by tattesco(m): 5:21am On Feb 21, 2015
Am very sorry everyone. Got a tight schedule oooooo. E joor
Re: In Hope After Emptiness (an Interesting Story by harjibolar10(m): 4:56pm On Feb 21, 2015
tattesco:
Am very sorry everyone. Got a tight schedule oooooo. E joor

No problem Bross
Re: In Hope After Emptiness (an Interesting Story by Nobody: 5:44pm On Feb 21, 2015
U re killing de thread@op

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Veil / RENEGADE. *A Crime Story* / High School Love: A Story

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.