Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,426 members, 7,808,526 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:02 PM

Health Sector Makes Me Sad-jonathan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Health Sector Makes Me Sad-jonathan (691 Views)

Niger Bridge Makes Me Cry -dr. Orji Uzor Kalu / Noticeable Improvement In The Health Sector / Ex-Militants Get More Money Than Health Sector: Nigeria's 2012 Budget (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Health Sector Makes Me Sad-jonathan by retepmurt(m): 2:38pm On Dec 20, 2014
PRESIDENT Goodluck Jonathan on Friday
received the report of the Presidential
Committee of Experts on Inter-Professional
Relationship in the Public Health Sector,
vowing to act on its recommendations to
end “unhealthy rivalries” among healthcare professionals. Receiving the report from the chairman of
the committee and former Head of Service,
Alhaji Mahmud Yayale Ahmed, at the
Presidential Villa, Abuja, Jonathan said that
the Federal Government would review the
report immediately with a view to issuing a white paper on it and begin the
implementation of its accepted
recommendations early next year. “I had to set up the committee because I am
very sad, and I know most Nigerians feel
very sad that strikes and unhealthy rivalries
among professionals in the health sector
have adversely affected medical services,”
the president said. Jonathan added that he was optimistic that
the implementation of the committee’s
accepted recommendations would help to
end unhealthy rivalries and incessant
strikes in the public health sector, which, he
said, had created an atmosphere of uncertainty in the sector. He added that this had left many people
with fewer options for quality medical
services. Earlier, Yayale Ahmed told the president that
the committee identified 50 areas of conflict
after receiving memoranda and interacting
with about 40 professional bodies in the
public health sector and members of the
public. He said that the areas of conflict were
categorised into organisational,
management, leadership and team work,
remuneration and motivation, career
management, capacity building,
professional practice, labour, legal and governance issues.http://tribune.com.ng/news/news-headlines/item/24667-health-sector-makes-me-sad-jonathan
Re: Health Sector Makes Me Sad-jonathan by donmalcolm21(m): 3:04pm On Dec 20, 2014
When Gej says a sector makes him sad then we need to fasten ouR seat belt for the kind of development that will get Into that sector. A case in point is the railway, roads and agriculture.
Re: Health Sector Makes Me Sad-jonathan by Mightymanna(m): 3:11pm On Dec 20, 2014
Change jare

1 Like

Re: Health Sector Makes Me Sad-jonathan by softandsweet(f): 3:18pm On Dec 20, 2014
#cantsaynothing#
Re: Health Sector Makes Me Sad-jonathan by pendy79: 3:26pm On Dec 20, 2014
When your president agrees to allow all Professionals in the health sector get promoted to consultancy level after negotiations then back away from same the moment the NMA which is just a society and not a union threatened him he changed direction and directive that he has already agreed to on principle.

Why won't you feel sad when you exhibit the height of cluelessness in every dealings in our national life. From health to security to power generation to roads to housing, it is a case of " you're sad that the miracles that you expected didn't manifest" since prayers is what you expected and believed will deliver on all your responsibilities.

Since you've been to redeemed camp, took it a step.forward to Israel for direct intervention, why not try MECCA this time around.

Excuses are just an admittance of failure.

1 Like

Re: Health Sector Makes Me Sad-jonathan by anthony86(m): 3:33pm On Dec 20, 2014
One thing I like about GEJ is that he is not lead by propaganda he admits there is a problem and works towards finding a solution
Re: Health Sector Makes Me Sad-jonathan by andresia(m): 3:52pm On Dec 20, 2014
anthony86:
One thing I like about GEJ is that he is not lead by propaganda he admits there is a problem and works towards finding a solution
donmalcolm21:
When Gej says a sector makes him sad then we need to fasten ouR seat belt for the kind of development that will get Into that sector. A case in point is the railway, roads and agriculture.
anthony86:

Psycophancy
Re: Health Sector Makes Me Sad-jonathan by Tolexander: 3:54pm On Dec 20, 2014
donmalcolm21:
yes o!

Including the subsidy scandal, Stella Oduah scandal, 2nd niger bridge promised before 2011 election, 24hours electricity et al!
Re: Health Sector Makes Me Sad-jonathan by Pennywise(m): 3:56pm On Dec 20, 2014
Health sector makes him sad but NNPC makes him smile. grin

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Reasons You Did Not Make Front Page / Fashola Reveals Why Jonathan Must Go In 2015 / Ex-icpc Boss Said About Jonathan And Corruption

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.