Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,786 members, 7,806,179 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 12:32 PM

Mature Advice Needed - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Mature Advice Needed (877 Views)

I Have A Word For Many Young And Mature Girls This Morning With This Pic. / Please Nairalanders I Need Mature Advice / Keeping Malice At Home- Mature Advice Pls (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mature Advice Needed by rickiross(m): 3:29pm On Dec 20, 2014
[s]A friend of mine needs some advice:

He used to live in the UK, however he recently became an only child as his elder sister passed 2 years ago. He moved back to look after his elderly mother, and sort off put his career plans on hold. In the mean time he does real estate on the side in lagos sparingly. Now he wants to focus on becoming a Web developer and to achieve this mean leaving naija.[/s]
Re: Mature Advice Needed by EfemenaXY: 3:36pm On Dec 20, 2014
Where is his father?

Is his mother ill? If not, she should let her son get on with his life whilst getting relatives to live with her. It's not fair on him for her to emotionally blackmail him the way she's doing at the moment. It'll only lead to frustration and bitterness on his part.

1 Like

Re: Mature Advice Needed by rickiross(m): 6:08pm On Dec 20, 2014
EfemenaXY:
Where is his father?
Is his mother ill? If not, she should let her son get on with his life whilst getting relatives to live with her. It not fair on him for her to emotionally blackmail him the way she's doing at the moment. It'll only lead to frustration and bitterness on his part.

The mother isn't ill she just old, i think 87years not sure.
The father died like 20years ago and money isn't really a problem for the family. The guy just feels his life isn't moving forward work/career/ etc..
Re: Mature Advice Needed by emeraldoe(f): 8:23pm On Dec 20, 2014
He should either employ a nanny or look for a relative (preferred by mama) to look after her.
Re: Mature Advice Needed by EfemenaXY: 12:04am On Dec 30, 2014
rickiross:

The mother isn't ill she just old, i think 87years not sure.
The father died like 20years ago and money isn't really a problem for the family. The guy just feels his life isn't moving forward work/career/ etc..

Then he should get on with his life after ensuring there's someone to look after his mother.

Him sitting down idly at home doing nothing, just to keep her company is akin to putting his life on hold whilst patiently waiting for her to kick the bucket, a.k.a waiting for her to die. Not nice but that's how it's going to look if he bows to her emotional blackmail.
Re: Mature Advice Needed by Nobody: 12:26am On Dec 30, 2014
The dude has to live his own life. The mother has lived hers.
Must he travel?
Re: Mature Advice Needed by Nobody: 11:22pm On Dec 30, 2014
rickiross:
A friend of mine needs some advice:

He used to live in the UK, however he recently became an only child as his elder sister passed 2 years ago. He moved back to look after his elderly mother, and sort off put his career plans on hold. In the mean time he does real estate on the side in lagos sparingly. Now he wants to focus on becoming a Web developer and to achieve this mean leaving naija.

The issue is each I'm h bin up any discussion about leaving naija, his mum starts talking about abandoning her n his inheritance etc...

what should he do now?

oh man... something dey happen o lolz

(1) (Reply)

What do you see in this picture??? / Video: Shocking Moment 'husband's Mistress Attacked After Wife's Family Discover / Difference B/w A Man And A Woman. (A Must Read)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.