Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,523 members, 7,808,903 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:07 PM

Hnd Holders Who Did Or Are Still Doing Bsc Share Your Experience. - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Hnd Holders Who Did Or Are Still Doing Bsc Share Your Experience. (2781 Views)

HND Holders Have More Opportunities Than A B.sc 2.2. See Why.. / HND Holders: How Late Is Too Late For A BSc? / Hope For Hnd Holders, Hnd / Bsc Conversion Programme (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hnd Holders Who Did Or Are Still Doing Bsc Share Your Experience. by Dereformer(m): 3:32pm On Dec 20, 2014
This thread is for Hnd holders who did or are still doing Bsc.

What motivated you into doing a Bsc instead of Pgd?

Given a second chance, will you still do Bsc instead of Pgd?

Please, share your experiences.
Re: Hnd Holders Who Did Or Are Still Doing Bsc Share Your Experience. by delishpot: 4:20pm On Dec 20, 2014
Dereformer:

This may sound off point but it would be better for poly students to do direct entry into Uni just after OND. No knowledge is wasted but with tge way HND holders are treated by employers, why not do BSc after OND?
Anyhow, I did not do HND sha. I crossed over to Uni after my OND.

1 Like

Re: Hnd Holders Who Did Or Are Still Doing Bsc Share Your Experience. by Dereformer(m): 5:57am On Jan 07, 2015
delishpot:

This may sound off point but it would be better for poly students to do direct entry into Uni just after OND. No knowledge is wasted but with tge way HND holders are treated by employers, why not do BSc after OND?
Re: Hnd Holders Who Did Or Are Still Doing Bsc Share Your Experience. by Dereformer(m): 12:26pm On Mar 26, 2015
Dereformer:

Re: Hnd Holders Who Did Or Are Still Doing Bsc Share Your Experience. by Dereformer(m): 12:26pm On Mar 26, 2015
delishpot:

[quote author=Dereformer post=29561847][/quote]
Re: Hnd Holders Who Did Or Are Still Doing Bsc Share Your Experience. by Linzo(m): 9:39am On Mar 27, 2015
YA I will say it is the best thing to as HND graduate, am currently running my Bsc in accounting UNN Enugu campus, I made upper credit in HND and am admitted into 300 level and currently leading my Department with GPA of 4.68. I urge all my friends and fellow HND holders to take the option of Bsc and thank me later

1 Like

Re: Hnd Holders Who Did Or Are Still Doing Bsc Share Your Experience. by Dereformer(m): 3:34pm On Mar 27, 2015
@ Linzo

Good decision.

I have always said that doing PGD after HND is not a good option.

The best option is always to go for a Bsc.

Maintain your current GP. You are most likely finishing with a 1st class.
Re: Hnd Holders Who Did Or Are Still Doing Bsc Share Your Experience. by Linzo(m): 10:42am On Mar 29, 2015
[quote author=Dereformer post=32062519]@ Linzo

Good decision.

Maintain your current GP. You are most likely finishing with a 1st class.[/quoted ]

Thank you brother, I think you are nurturing such thought of obtaining Bsc, I will say follow your dreams and get what you want in life, I know many people will discourage you with different reasons to go for PGD but am begging you not listen to them but follow your dreams. Thank you for this thread
Re: Hnd Holders Who Did Or Are Still Doing Bsc Share Your Experience. by jbadmus: 8:45pm On Mar 29, 2015
Re: Hnd Holders Who Did Or Are Still Doing Bsc Share Your Experience. by Dereformer(m): 6:38pm On Apr 04, 2015
jbadmus:
I concluded my B.ENG programme in Engineering some couple of weeks ago. Having obtained HND in Engineering some few years back, I decided to enrol into the university through DE, starting from 300L.This is one of the decisions I am happy that I made.It is worthy of note that I made a very good grade despite the fact that I was also fully engagged as an employee.

Congrats bro. I will be concluding my Bsc (accountancy) this year. I obtained an HND in the same course in 2001, became an ACA in 2008.
The good thing is, I will most likely finish with a first class. Currently on a CGPA of 4.72.

Congrats once again.
Re: Hnd Holders Who Did Or Are Still Doing Bsc Share Your Experience. by Linzo(m): 12:20pm On Apr 05, 2015
Dereformer:

Congrats bro. I will be concluding my Bsc (accountancy) this year. I obtained an HND in the same course in 2001, became an ACA in 2008.
The good thing is, I will most likely finish with a first class. Currently on a CGPA of 4.72.

Congrats once again.

Congratulations brother in advance, were you admitted into 300level with your HND result? which university so that people who are in the same shoe will know the schools to choose after there their HND program.I believe the information shared here will go a long way in helping our young talents who find themselves in the polytechnics against their original wishes of uni degree
Re: Hnd Holders Who Did Or Are Still Doing Bsc Share Your Experience. by Dereformer(m): 1:51pm On Apr 05, 2015
Linzo:

Congratulations brother in advance, were you admitted into 300level with your HND result? which university so that people who are in the same shoe will know the schools to choose after there their HND program.I believe the information shared here will go a long way in helping our young talents who find themselves in the polytechnics against their original wishes of uni degree

Anambra state University. I was admitted into 200L.

I first sought for admission at Unizik. I was told that part-time programme there lasts for 6years and I will be admitted into 200L with my HND and ACA.

I opted to run the programme at ANSU.

I will start my MSc as soon as I complete this, God willing.
Re: Hnd Holders Who Did Or Are Still Doing Bsc Share Your Experience. by LamiHandsome(m): 8:19pm On Apr 05, 2015
I want to ask a question please.

I chose to study Agricultural Economics in a University. How's my chance of securing a job after school?

Everybody please advice a brother.

[quote author=Dereformer post=32373347]

Anambra state University. I was admitted into 200L.

I first sought for admission at Unizik. I was told that part-time programme there lasts for 6years and I will be admitted into 200L with my HND and ACA.

I opted to run the programme at ANSU.

I will start my MSc as soon as I complete this, God willing.
Re: Hnd Holders Who Did Or Are Still Doing Bsc Share Your Experience. by Carmal90(m): 9:51pm On Nov 18, 2016
jbadmus:
I concluded my B.ENG programme in Engineering some couple of weeks ago. Having obtained HND in Engineering some few years back, I decided to enrol into the university through DE, starting from 300L.This is one of the decisions I am happy that I made.It is worthy of note that I made a very good grade despite the fact that I was also fully engaged as an employee.

Sorry sir, can I have name of d said university!
Re: Hnd Holders Who Did Or Are Still Doing Bsc Share Your Experience. by Carmal90(m): 10:51pm On Dec 22, 2016
jbadmus:
I concluded my B.ENG programme in Engineering some couple of weeks ago. Having obtained HND in Engineering some few years back, I decided to enrol into the university through DE, starting from 300L.This is one of the decisions I am happy that I made.It is worthy of note that I made a very good grade despite the fact that I was also fully engaged as an employee.

Pls which uni admitted u to 300L?
Re: Hnd Holders Who Did Or Are Still Doing Bsc Share Your Experience. by shena(f): 7:08am On Dec 24, 2016
How about top-up from HND to B-TECH is that still ok
Re: Hnd Holders Who Did Or Are Still Doing Bsc Share Your Experience. by Dereformer(m): 4:18pm On Jan 17, 2017
Dereformer:
@ Linzo

Good decision.

Maintain your current GP. You are most likely finishing with a 1st class.
Re: Hnd Holders Who Did Or Are Still Doing Bsc Share Your Experience. by Dereformer(m): 4:18pm On Jan 17, 2017
LamiHandsome:
I want to ask a question please.

I chose to study Agricultural Economics in a University. How's my chance of securing a job after school?

Everybody please advice a brother.

Re: Hnd Holders Who Did Or Are Still Doing Bsc Share Your Experience. by Noblejay7: 10:47pm On Jan 19, 2017
I was motivated to go back for Bsc Economics after HND Statistics and PGD as a result of the policy of the organisation I work for.

After working for some years as a contract staff, the company decided to convert us to permanent staff but only those with Bsc where considered.

It was a very low moment in my life as staffs that understudied me on the job where elevated before my very eyes.

I had to humble myself by starting from 100 level and I will be graduating soon.

No regret. Na the time when person wake up from sleep na him daybreak.

(1) (Reply)

Result Of Trade And Non Trade Of Nigerian Airforce Recruitment 2014 Is Out / Shady NSDC ,immigration,prison N Fire Service Recruitment. / Farewell To KPMG (My Final Temp Experience)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.