Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,790 members, 7,802,476 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 03:07 PM

Top Events That Happened Within Nland This Week (14-18)--NAWE NEWS - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Top Events That Happened Within Nland This Week (14-18)--NAWE NEWS (766 Views)

Top Events That Rocked Nigeria And Nairaland / How To Keep Your Cool When Someone Attacks You On Nland. / What The Hell Happened To Nland Today (12-05-2010)? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Top Events That Happened Within Nland This Week (14-18)--NAWE NEWS by OfficialNAWE: 4:37pm On Dec 20, 2014
[size=16]Obinoscopy and Excelsia Wins 2014Nairaland Couple Of The Year[/size]
The couple, Obinoscopy and Excelsia won the just concluded Nairaland Couple of the year, which was hosted by Jbluv55, with 66 votes.
The competition which was started at the Romance Section On the 14th December, 2014 ended the same day with the result pasted on the same thread.
The second runner-up, Nobleval and Elantracey, won with 29 votes
The first runner-up, E Oahray and Shugaryme won with 48 points votes.
[size=16]Top Ten Nairaland Qoutes Of The Week..[/size]
1.Humility
Coins always make sounds but paper moneys are always silent, so, when your value increases, keep yourself silent and humble.
ATMC- Religion Section.
2.Funny
Your current location on Facebook is Europe, Your School is Uniben, Your tweet is from Malaysia, Your NL location is Canada,Your BBM status is Dubia, and You want God to locate you? Where do You want Him to start from?
- Priscaoge,2014
3.Nairalanding doesn't affect acedemic activities IF you know how to plan Your time- Dre11, 2014.
4.I personally am enjoying this new change and wishseunwell for it. We have and acknowldge our differences but I can beat my chest to say he's losing no regular visitor to other sites apart from maybe trolls who're hellbent on mischief to begin with followed by ever-money hungry people flocking to commercial blogs for christmas giveaways.
If the topics on frontpage do not interest you the solution is simple - click the "trending", "recent" or "new" tab and handpick topics you want to see.-- Charix, 2014
5.Fame makes people do silly things-qloreal.
6. I am not chasing a Dream, I am chasing Reality disguise as dream- qloreal.
7.Every serious nation pride itself in academic execllence and craft- Perfectwazobia
8.By your logic,Every body who studies a professional course must be employed or a professional in that field.This is nigeria dude,what are you saying? This is not a nollywood movie where you move from the village to the city and become rich or where you finish the university and become a big boy with a big house and a nice family.This is real-life with real struggles bro-Djicemob
9.Nansense! Why is America more SAINTish dannigeria.? This list is wrong as long as America is not the first.-Yuncka, commenting on Nigeria Women Rank 1st Among The Top 10 Mostunfaithful Wives In The World.
10.it takes decades to create a record but it takes only one day to break it-Aliyulukumon.

[size=16]Know Your Moderators.[/size]
Ten Will Be Given Today...
The Others later.
Pet Section: (Moderators: Fynestboi)
Agric: (Moderators: Pavore9, FarmTech)
Health Section: ( Sissy3, dominique)
Travel Section: (DisGuy, justwise)
Nairaland Ad: Seun

[size=16]DO you Know Nairaland[/size]
*The first topic to make Frontpage on Nairaland was by Pintos on August, 27,2005
* Diary Section is the only place you can write without comment.
* Only Moderators, Supermoderators, and Admin can access Recycle Bin Section and Moderators Section
*Autos section, Health section,and Travel section do not Have a complain and Chat Thread

[size=16]Sections With The Higest Post( As at 8:00- 16-12-2014).[/size]
Top Five
1.Politics-(166448 topics)
2.Autos- (150632 topics)
3.Jobs/Vacancies- (115817 topics)
4. Education: Nairaland Students Forum: (73256 topics)
5.Romance: (71220 topics)

SECTION WITH THE LEAST TOPIC
LEAST FIVE
Nairaland Ad- 9 Topics.
Moderators: (186 topics
Pets:1320 topics
Agriculture: 1808 topics
Dairies-2785 topics

[size=16]Seun Osewa Teaches A Nairalander How To Make Fp[/size]
A nairalander,laykorn, asked the owner of the great site how one's topic can make it to the Frontpage, and he replied by saying,
'Post something interesting and share it with your followers to generate initial traffic. Keep the topic alive by replying the people who post on it'.
If you are in this category just do that.

[size=16]Don't Turn Nairaland To Linda Ikeji's blog-Djicemob[/size]
One of the writers of our top 10 quotes of the week has told the Seun Osewa, the founder of Nairaland, not to turn the forum to Linda Ikeji's blog.
In his word,
'The lindaikeji and lailaikeji syndrome must stop,its almost as if the new supermods are alternate monikers of the above mentioned names with all their copy and paste from these blogs,if they don't have topics to post why not relax? i mean,there are alot of interesting topics languishing in dark places in the forum.'
Also, commenting on the same case, Icebeatz said,
' Linda ikeji gets exclusive contents because she pays attention to her readers.
I believe nairand has a bigger reading base than linda ikeja. Why arent we getting exclusive contents? This is a forum with over 1million users and millions of anonymous readers yet most of our contents are gotten from popular blogs.'
Jboy73 also has something to say,
'seun just sit and imagine the kind of traffic you'd loose if Linda ikeji decide to create a general forum tomorrow'.
With this knowledge at hand the Admin, Supermoderators, and Moderator are sure to work effectively.

[size=16]Help Us(The Moderator) Reduce Spacebooking- Ishilove[/size]
It as been noted that many nairalanders write 'Space booked' on thread, and would never return to comment on it.
An example of such persons is Donbrowser26, in his words,
'"Pls Help i currently have 335 likes, can you pls push my ministry to 400? God bless U All."
I was banned for booking space but i believe the comment was rather funny to spice up the rather annoying, boring and "frontpage unmerited" post.'
Ishilove have pleaded with Nairalanders to help curb this menace by clicking on 'Report Button' anytime they see such comments. In reply to tosyne2much she said,
We are doing our best in this area, and with help from other nairalanders, we cann reduce this trend to the barest minimum. All these spacebooking nonsense reduces the quality of a thread and discourages serious posters from commenting.
'Just click on the 'report' button anywhere you see a 'spacebook' post and we will handle the rest'.
[size=16]Nairalanders Request For A 'Dislike' Button[/size]
Many nairalanders have taken to the threads of Nairaland, calling upon Mr. Seun Osewa to create a dislike button.
Although, the request had been going on as a joke for sometimes now, it came in fullswing when Mr. Seun created a survey thread[/b]
Many of them gave reason why the forum should have a 'Dislike' button, some of which will be posted here.
''we need the "DISLIKE" button... Soooo many silly comments get about "20 likes" giving the wrong impression to the person who posted it... When a comment get 20likes and 124dislikes it will reduce the amount of silly comments drastically!!!!''-ebosse
''The button is very powerful as it would help reflect people's opinion on a topic (original poster).
I like the way topics are pumped into FP...its really engaging but it becomes annoying when you have a silly threads hitting frontpage.'- Promking
'I totally agree with the bolded.... nobody would want a dislike on their comments,hence the need to think before commenting'-JeffreyJamez

Promking also added that, '
In addition, a ''Recommend'' button beside the (Go down) button would really be a great idea. As this would allow readers to recommend a topic for FP and also assist a MOD in selecting which topic hits frontpage',
this was in agreement to what some people have recommended.

[size=16]NAWE's Persons Of The Week[/size]
1. Smileysmiles: This is a nairaland whose post had helped and informed many people in the Pet section. Her contribution to the section really attracted NAWE to her.
2.LesgupNigeria: He is another Nairalander who help others. He is one of the few people who keeps the culture of Agric in Nigeria moving, and he is moving the Agricultural section.
3.mohjisolah: This nairalander is one of the few Litlanders who uses her comment to encourage writers of the literature section.

#Do something for someone

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Top Events That Happened Within Nland This Week (14-18)--NAWE NEWS by Nobody: 4:49pm On Dec 20, 2014
coooool! cheesy I hope this makes fp
Re: Top Events That Happened Within Nland This Week (14-18)--NAWE NEWS by OfficialNAWE: 4:53pm On Dec 20, 2014
EroticAngelina:
coooool! cheesy I hope this makes fp
cheesy
Re: Top Events That Happened Within Nland This Week (14-18)--NAWE NEWS by Donbrowser26(m): 8:34am On Dec 22, 2014
@Officialnawe I am totally discontented with the way yo used me as an example
1. My signature reads: Official Member S.B A.N
If i wrote "Seun slept with a cat last night" would you believe me? No!, i guess what i'm actually saying is i only used that signature and nothing attached.
Prove me wrong by providing a post of mine where i used "p", "dot", "comma", "k" and the likes.

2. I personally suggested to Isilove to ban members who dont return to edit their posts when a supposed "Supermod" posts a topic that made people shake their heads. I got there and "tried to spice things up". "Space Booking" and "Funny comments" are 2 different things.
If you can give me convincing responses on the points above i'll forgive you for the wrong accussation but if you refuse, i reserve my comment till the 26th when my ban expires.
Re: Top Events That Happened Within Nland This Week (14-18)--NAWE NEWS by okirewaju(f): 10:54am On Dec 22, 2014
Beautiful, i love this!

(1) (Reply)

Which Of This Was Your First Mobile Phone? / How Did You Spend Your First Cash In 2015 ? / When Your Moniker Makes You A Troll: Egusisoup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.