Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,938 members, 7,806,716 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:40 PM

OBJ Totally Confused, Considers GEJ A Lesser Evil Than Gmb|tinubu. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / OBJ Totally Confused, Considers GEJ A Lesser Evil Than Gmb|tinubu. (3396 Views)

Idps In Sambisa Camp Live Lesser Than Goats- Doctor Shares Heartbreaking Pics / David Mark Allegedly Gave GEJ A $200k Solid Gold Customized Watch (see Photo) / "President GEJ Is More A Fundamentalist Than GMB" - Pastor Sunday Adelaja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

OBJ Totally Confused, Considers GEJ A Lesser Evil Than Gmb|tinubu. by Dereformer(m): 6:00pm On Dec 20, 2014
A highly powered meeting is currently going on in an undisclosed location.
A source privy to the meeting states that the former president is not comfortable with APC' s choice of GMB.
According to him, OBJ would have prefered the kano state governor HE kwankwaso.

OBJ is deeply hurt because he considers GMB a threat following their relationship during the latters dictatorial regime.

Again, OBJ is not comfortable with any past military coupist running the affairs of the country.

Their has been a cold supremacy battle between OBJ and Tinubu as to who really is the leader of the yorubas. Allowing Tinubu's stooge and party to win next year's election will ultimately make him very powerful.

As it stands now, a good deal may be cut with GEJ which will see the teeming supporters and followers of the former president joining forces with PDP to win next years election.

There are indeed more exciting days ahead.

7 Likes

Re: OBJ Totally Confused, Considers GEJ A Lesser Evil Than Gmb|tinubu. by adadadon(m): 6:02pm On Dec 20, 2014
Dereformer:
A source privy to the meeting states that the former president is not comfortable with APC' s choice of GMB.

OBJ is deeply hurt because he considers GMB a threat following their relationship during the latters dictatorial regime.

Again, OBJ is not comfortable with any past military coupist running the affairs of the country.

Their has been a cold supremacy battle between OBJ and Tinubu as to who really is the leader of the yorubas. Allowing Tinubu's stooge and party to win next year's election will ultimately make him very powerful.

As it stands now, a good deal may be cut with GEJ which will see the teeming supporters and followers of the former president joining forces with PDP to win next years election.

Fake report
TAN Pig
"It is better for Muhammadu Buhari to come to
power in 2015 and jail me, than for Jonathan to come
back and destroy the remaining Nigeria." - Obasanjo
in his new book, My Watch

7 Likes

Re: OBJ Totally Confused, Considers GEJ A Lesser Evil Than Gmb|tinubu. by donmalcolm21(m): 6:04pm On Dec 20, 2014
Somebody said yorubas are united and they will all vote for GMB but events happening shows that the yorubas are craving for Fresh air.

5 Likes

Re: OBJ Totally Confused, Considers GEJ A Lesser Evil Than Gmb|tinubu. by holatin(m): 6:06pm On Dec 20, 2014
if na true then obj is scared of going to prison.

Buhari for president

2 Likes

Re: OBJ Totally Confused, Considers GEJ A Lesser Evil Than Gmb|tinubu. by bawberry(m): 6:10pm On Dec 20, 2014

1 Like

Re: OBJ Totally Confused, Considers GEJ A Lesser Evil Than Gmb|tinubu. by theV0ice: 6:16pm On Dec 20, 2014
Dereformer:

If this report is true, then more reason to vote Buhari next year. He's the only one bold enough to probe our past leaders and get the guilty jailed including all those GEJ claims he knows but is too weak to do anything about.

7 Likes

Re: OBJ Totally Confused, Considers GEJ A Lesser Evil Than Gmb|tinubu. by eye4eye: 6:18pm On Dec 20, 2014
Op, try something else. Rubbish from you Satanist once again. "High powered" meeting in your father's bedroom or Sambisa? grin grin

2 Likes

Re: OBJ Totally Confused, Considers GEJ A Lesser Evil Than Gmb|tinubu. by omenka(m): 6:29pm On Dec 20, 2014
"Highly powered meeting", "undisclosed location". Highly useless propaganda from an insignificant TANoid. grin

He/she nor even manage put one fake source sef, like that TAN facebook page or FNN news. cheesy

2 Likes

Re: OBJ Totally Confused, Considers GEJ A Lesser Evil Than Gmb|tinubu. by dunkem21(m): 7:16pm On Dec 20, 2014
holatin:

Buhari for president

Then, if e no be true, then obj is a saint.

Hypocrite.

3 Likes

Re: OBJ Totally Confused, Considers GEJ A Lesser Evil Than Gmb|tinubu. by HzRF(m): 8:03pm On Dec 20, 2014
adadadon:

"It is better for Muhammadu Buhari to come to
power in 2015 and jail me, than for Jonathan to come
back and destroy the remaining Nigeria." - Obasanjo
in his new book, My Watch

Fake report
TAN Pig
Even tho I didn't 100% believe this story
In politics 1hr is too much

1 Like

Re: OBJ Totally Confused, Considers GEJ A Lesser Evil Than Gmb|tinubu. by nuclearboy(m): 8:34pm On Dec 20, 2014
Loool - I thought these same guys said OBJ has zero influence and only one vote? So now him and supporters will vote GEJ?

Well, that means you have ONE vote since you say he has zero influence
Re: OBJ Totally Confused, Considers GEJ A Lesser Evil Than Gmb|tinubu. by Nobody: 8:42pm On Dec 20, 2014
theV0ice:

If this report is true, then more reason to vote Buhari next year. He's the only one bold enough to probe our past leaders and get the guilty jailed including all those GEJ claims he knows but is too weak to do anything about.

which one be sey if d report is true, does it sound try to u? crap
Re: OBJ Totally Confused, Considers GEJ A Lesser Evil Than Gmb|tinubu. by holatin(m): 9:05pm On Dec 20, 2014
dunkem21:

Then, if e no be true, then obj is a saint.

Hypocrite.
wetin hypo for my crite.

Who no know obj corrupt
Re: OBJ Totally Confused, Considers GEJ A Lesser Evil Than Gmb|tinubu. by agabaI23(m): 10:18pm On Dec 20, 2014
holatin:

Buhari for president
Bro at the rate you are going, I hope you won't disappear from Nairaland or change your user name when the obvious happens.

A certain handle disappeared after 2011. I later found out that he was expecting a huge financial gain if Buhari had won. How did I know, I stumbled on a thread where someone asked how far his building project was coming up, he told him that suspended it pending the outcome of the election, that he could possibly pull it down if Buhari won.

That handle was ready to stab anyone who said anything against Buhari's suitability if it was possible through nairaland.

1 Like

Re: OBJ Totally Confused, Considers GEJ A Lesser Evil Than Gmb|tinubu. by holatin(m): 10:21pm On Dec 20, 2014
agabaI23:
Bro at the rate you are going, I hope you won't disappear from Nairaland or change your user name when the obvious happens.

A certain handle disappeared after 2011. I later found out that he was expecting a huge financial gain if Buhari had won. How did I know, I stumbled on a thread where someone asked how far his building project was coming up, he told him that suspended it pending the outcome of the election, that he could possibly pull it down if Buhari won.

That handle was ready to stab anyone who said anything against Buhari's suitability if it was possible through nairaland.
and you think am an e warrior paid to advertise buhari on nairaland.

Am no e warrior am an advocate of change
Re: OBJ Totally Confused, Considers GEJ A Lesser Evil Than Gmb|tinubu. by Nobody: 10:25pm On Dec 20, 2014
Obj has been there and done it and he knows the consequences of having a mad and sad fellow like Buhari as president

We don't need any rash or reckless decision making in aso rock

What we need rather is steady progress.

1 Like

Re: OBJ Totally Confused, Considers GEJ A Lesser Evil Than Gmb|tinubu. by agabaI23(m): 10:34pm On Dec 20, 2014
holatin:
and you think am an e warrior paid to advertise buhari on nairaland.

Am no e warrior am an advocate of change
No I didn't think about that. Money paid to e-warriors probably won't make anyone pull down his house to start afresh except it was a moth house. The guy in question was eyeing some juicy appointment.

Can I ask you to sincerely tell me why you think Buhari is the one we need in Nigeria?

1 Like

Re: OBJ Totally Confused, Considers GEJ A Lesser Evil Than Gmb|tinubu. by holatin(m): 10:45pm On Dec 20, 2014
agabaI23:
No I didn't think about that. Money paid to e-warriors probably won't make anyone pull down his house to start afresh except it was a moth house. The guy in question was eyeing some juicy appointment.

Can I ask you to sincerely tell me why you think Buhari is the one we need in Nigeria?
He will right all Jonathan wrong.
Corruption, insurgence,
Am sure if a iron hand is taken on corruption, a lot of Nigeria problem will depreciate.
Will modify later
Re: OBJ Totally Confused, Considers GEJ A Lesser Evil Than Gmb|tinubu. by Samunique(m): 11:05pm On Dec 20, 2014
donmalcolm21:
Somebody said yorubas are united and they will all vote for GMB but events happening shows that the yorubas are craving for Fresh air.
Don't border urself about yoruba being united for GMB, it all a nairaland thing, noting like that for real.

The yorubas supporting him are just the bigoted ones ( u know what i mean by that?) i say it again " THE BIGOTED ONES".

I've spoken to quite a number of yorubas concerning him ( GMB the social media president) the is answer is "who does he want to rule".

so forget about all this noise on NL. APC are noise makers.

5 Likes

Re: OBJ Totally Confused, Considers GEJ A Lesser Evil Than Gmb|tinubu. by agabaI23(m): 11:12pm On Dec 20, 2014
holatin:

He will right all Jonathan wrong.
Corruption, insurgence,
Am sure if a iron hand is taken on corruption, a lot of Nigeria problem will depreciate.
Will modify later
Big mistake you re making. Remember he fought corruption in 1984-85, why do we still have corruption? This is a democratic dispensation not military. It doesn't work that way. Corruption is fought by closing up avenues and strengthening institutions not by gra gra. See what was done fertilizer distribution? You know how much the perm secs and directors kicked against ippis? The major corrupt people are the civil servants.

Do you know now that if a contract is approved for you, your money goes straight to your account? Not so before now. The directors would have taken their cut before releasing some peanuts to you.
I'm glad you only mentioned corruption and insurgence. The truth is that GEJ has achieved very much. Not enough though but giving the militating situation, he has done well.

You didn't talk about other sectors of the economy anyway.

As per insurgency, you know we are dealing with terrorists not conventional Army. A war that is made difficult by sympathisers. The same situation in Afghanistan. America has been there for so many years with their superiority and are yet to silence them. GEJ has made progress. He has done well. Buhari will not solve insurgency the way you think unless they are in his payroll.

And Buhari is not as clean as he wants all of us to believe. If he is clean, then he is not efficient enough as an anti corruption czar as you want us to believe. Under him as the chairman, monumental corruption went on in PTF and he didn't stop it. The same happened while he was the petroleum minister. It is either he was complicit or he was inefficient.

Have you heard about the 40 suitcases? Have you wondered why Ekwueme the vice president was locked up in Kirikiri why Shagari the president was kept under house arrest?

Why did he stop the Jakande commissioned rail project in Lagos state? The transport problem in Lagos today would not be what it is if not for Buhari.... I will tell you more.

2 Likes

Re: OBJ Totally Confused, Considers GEJ A Lesser Evil Than Gmb|tinubu. by holatin(m): 11:30pm On Dec 20, 2014
agabaI23:
Big mistake you re making. Remember he fought corruption in 1984-85, why do we still have corruption? This is a democratic dispensation not military. It doesn't work that way. Corruption is fought by closing up avenues and strengthening institutions not by gra gra. See what was done fertilizer distribution? You know how much the perm secs and directors kicked against ippis? The major corrupt people are the civil servants.

Do you know now that if a contract is approved for you, your money goes straight to your account? Not so before now. The directors would have taken their cut before releasing some peanuts to you.
I'm glad you only mentioned corruption and insurgence. The truth is that GEJ has achieved very much. Not enough though but giving the militating situation, he has done well.

As per insurgency, you know we are dealing with terrorists not conventional Army. A war that is made difficult by sympathisers. The same situation in Afghanistan. America has been there for so many years with their superiority and are yet to silence them. GEJ has made progress. He has done well. Buhari will not solve insurgency the way you think unless they are in his payroll.

And Buhari is not as clean as he wants all of us to believe. If he is clean, then he is not efficient enough as an anti corruption czar as you want us to believe. Under him as the chairman, monumental corruption went on in PTF and he didn't stop it. The same happened while he was the petroleum minister. It is either he was complicit or he was inefficient.

Have you heard about the 40 suitcases? Have you wondered why Ekwueme the vice president was locked up in Kirikiri why Shagari the president was kept under house arrest?

Why did he stop the Jakande commissioned rail project in Lagos state? The transport problem in Lagos today would not be what it is if not for Buhari.... I will tell you more.

40 suitcase

He said Omeri’s only evidence to support his assertion
is the fabled “53 suitcases” of 1984.
Buhari explained thus: “in 1984, the Emir of Gwandu
whose son (Almustapha Jokolo) was ADC to General
Buhari was returning to the country from overseas.
The head of state, on learning of his arrival, asked his
son to go and receive him at the airport as they were
only playing squash at the time.”
“Coincidentally, the Nigerian ambassador to Libya at
the time, Dr Tahir Waziri had arrived at the same time
with the emir with his three wives and 16 children.
They all came with their belongings as he was coming
home to take up a new appointment as chief of
protocol to the head of state.”
“It was the suitcases of the family of 20 that were
counted as belonging to the emir and falsely
presented to the public. General Buhari has over the
years asked those who have questions over the matter
to go to Alhaji Atiku Abubakar, who was at the head of
Customs operations at the airport on the day,” his
spokesperson said.

http://www..com/talk/topic,62778.0.html

low battery, still coming

“what happened to the case of N104m seized from
Nancy Ebere Nwosu who allegedly swore to an
affidavit to the EFCC that she was laundering money
for Dame Patience Jonathan.

1 Like

Re: OBJ Totally Confused, Considers GEJ A Lesser Evil Than Gmb|tinubu. by holatin(m): 11:38pm On Dec 20, 2014
agabaI23:

Buhari
The presidential candidate of the Congress for
Progressive Change, Gen Muhammadu Buhari, has said
he cancelled the proposed Lagos metro rail line project
that was initiated by the government of Alhaji Lateef
Jakande because he did not want to take more loans or
devalue the naira.
The Lagos metro rail line was designed by the Jakande
government to facilitate transportation within Lagos and
surroundings but was terminated when Buhari military
regime took over in December, I983.
Buhari, while speaking in Lagos on Wednesday at the
presentation of his party manifesto, said when he got
into power, the relatively stable economy, which was
handed over to the government of Alhaji Shehu Shagari,
had been badly plundered and corruption was rife in
every sector. He added that the rail line project was
meant to cost N100m, which was a large sum of money
then, and the Federal Government was asked to
guarantee the loan meant for the project.
He said, “Then, we didn’t know how much debt was on
us as a nation and we felt that we should not add
another N100m to it. I had to set up two committees to
assess how much we owed and we promised not to take
more loans or to devalue the naira but to develop the
economy.”
Buhari argued that tagging him an enemy of Lagos State
because he cancelled that project was mischievous and
unfair, stating that the first one billion naira he spent
when he was heading Petroleum Trust Fund was on
Victoria Island and Ikoyi waterworks in Lagos.
Earlier, in Ikoyi, while meeting with the youth Buhari
told them it was important to vote wisely as their choice
will affect their generations more than his.
His running mate, Pastor Tunde Bakare, who presented
the party manifesto, said God raised Buhari for Nigeria.
Bakare said that within the first 100 days in office,
Nigerians would begin to feel their impact. He said their
party symbol was a pen because they would use it to
rewrite the history of Nigeria and that after their tenure,
there would be no more military intervention in Nigeria
forever.
“We will begin by initiating action with the legislature so
that true federalism can be entrenched in Nigeria at all
levels. We call our country Federal Republic of Nigeria
but we are neither a federation nor a republic. We have a
lopsided government where everything reflects round the
centre but we will push for true federalism in which we
will have strong local governments, strong states and
strong Federal Government. We will address our crippling
economy by bringing in the best brains both at home
and abroad. For too long, we have left politics and
governance to the clueless but we want to attract the
best and brightest to our government.”
Bakare also said they would be working with the
legislature to expunge the immunity clause that shields
the public officers from prosecution. On issues of
security, Bakare said that they would be have both state
and community policing system with laws put in place
to prevent their abuse by power drunk tyrants.
The former Minister of the Federal Capital Territory,
Mallam Nasir El-Rufai, said since they left office in 2007,
the nation’s wealth had been plundered.

1 Like

Re: OBJ Totally Confused, Considers GEJ A Lesser Evil Than Gmb|tinubu. by agabaI23(m): 12:01am On Dec 21, 2014
holatin:

Buhari
devalue the naira.
eeting with the youth Buhari
will affect e entrenched in Nigeria at all
best and brightest to our govee.
To you that was enough reason yo cancel the project? Do you know how much Lagos state is owing presently? They see should cancel all capital projects and stop borrowing? Do you know how much US is owing?

1 Like

Re: OBJ Totally Confused, Considers GEJ A Lesser Evil Than Gmb|tinubu. by holatin(m): 12:03am On Dec 21, 2014
agabaI23:
So whatever he says in his defence is the gospel truth?
tell me what to believe sir

1 Like

Re: OBJ Totally Confused, Considers GEJ A Lesser Evil Than Gmb|tinubu. by agabaI23(m): 12:11am On Dec 21, 2014
holatin:

Buhari
devalue the naira.
surroundings but was terminated when Buhari military
regime took over in December, I983.
Buhari, while speaking in Lagos on Wednesday at the
presentation of his party manifesto, said when he got
into power, the relatively stable economy, which was
handed over to the government of Alhaji Shehu Shagari,
had been badly plundered and corruption was rife in
every sector. He added that the rail line project was
meant to cost N100m, which was a large sum of money
then, and the Federal Government was asked to
guarantee the loan meant for the project.
He said, “Then, we didn’t know how much debt was on
us as a nation and we felt that we should not add
another N100m to it. I had to set up two committees to
assess how much we owed and we promised not to take
more loans or to devalue the naira but to develop the
economy.”
Buhari argued that tagging him an enemy of Lagos State
because he cancelled that project was mischievous and
unfair, stating that the first one billion naira he spent
when he was heading Petroleum Trust Fund was on
Victoria Island and Ikoyi waterworks in Lagos.
Earlier, in Ikoyi, while meeting with the youth Buhari
will affect their generations more than his.
His running mate, Pastor Tunde Bakare, who presented
the party manifesto, said God raised Buhari for Nigeria.
Bakare said that within the first 100 days in office,
Nigerians would begin to feel their impact. He said their
party symbol was a pen because they would use it to
rewrite the history of Nigeria and that after their tenure,
there would be no more military intervention in Nigeria
forever.
“We will begin by initiating action with the legislature so
that true federalism can be entrenched in Nigeria at all
best and brightest to our government.”
Bakare also said they would be working with the
legislature to expunge the immunity clause that shields
the public officers from prosecution. On issues of
security, Bakare said that they would be have both state
and community policing system with laws put in place
to prevent their abuse by power drunk tyrants.
The former Minister of the Federal Capital Territory,
Mallam Nasir El-Rufai, said since they left office in 2007,
the nation’s wealth had been plundered.
So you think because he said it, it was the gospel truth. You have not said anything on Shagari and Ekwueme. On the suitcases, do you think he will accept it is true when he is campaigning to be the president of Nigeria? Someone who put the president from his region under house arrest and threw his deputy into jail? You sincerely think he will prosecute the emir of Gwandu? An emir has more respect from his subject than the president FYI.

1 Like

Re: OBJ Totally Confused, Considers GEJ A Lesser Evil Than Gmb|tinubu. by agabaI23(m): 12:13am On Dec 21, 2014
I will like you to read this link, will try to copy n paste which may be difficult with my phone.http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/buhari-when-facts-become-contrived-/197173/

Buhari: When Facts Become ‘Contrived…’

20 Dec 2014

With Shaka Momodu E-mail: shaka.momodu@thisdaylive.com, 08112661654

It is not my desire to join issues or engage any of my colleagues in an open debate in the media. This article should therefore be seen as an exception. After reading Waziri Adio’s article on the back page of THISDAY 15th December titled, “Is This, Finally, The Buhari Moment?” I came to the inescapable conclusion that there were obvious gaps that needed to be filled. For the records, Mr Adio was spot on and I largely agree with the analysis except for the phrase ‘contrived handicaps’ which is suggestive of falsehood sold as truth.

I therefore find the urge to correct some misrepresentations too strong to resist. It is particularly expedient to fill the missing years between 1984 (about 30 years) ago when Buhari entered the consciousness of Nigerians with those immortal and awe inspiring words which Waziri heralded his article, “This generation of Nigerians and indeed future generations have no country other than Nigeria, we shall remain here and salvage it together” and his 2014 speech preceding his nomination when he stated thus, “We seek a new Nigeria. It starts with us, it starts today…. Nigeria is our home. Let us now turn it into the great Nation we know it can and should be.’’

Of truth, that statement in 1984 captivated and galvanised Nigerians across the country into looking inward and believing our situation was not beyond redemption. But the succeeding years have seen Buhari morphing into something of a caricature image far less noble than the vision encapsulated in that powerful summation of 1984.

These years have been very revealing of the Buhari personae. So much water has passed under the bridge such that it would be wrong to condense and analyse Buhari on just two inspiring quotes 30 years apart and attempt to sell his candidature as a viable alternative. I find this unhelpful for a society yearning for direction.

What about the intervening years that have thrown up a deeply partisan, sectional and religious irredentist that I am sure, many Nigerians would find different from the man who spoke those words 30 years ago? The truth here is that from when he spoke his first words to Nigerians and became a fixture of sort in our psyche, Buhari has evolved severally; he has become a convoluted and conflicted brand. From an inspirational national leader, he withdrew into the conclave of an ethno-religious champion and a fanatical extremist who has sought without apologies to anyone, to undermine everything the Nigeria nation stands for.
We will be guilty of extreme naivety to wave off these tendencies that are so manifestly glaring in the APC presidential candidate as figment of our imagination or merely “contrived handicaps” by Buhari haters to undermined him like my Egbon Waziri has done.
While Mr Adio will have us believe that the well deserved appellation is “contrived handicaps”, the facts and records of history speak to the contrary. As I said, Buhari has become deeply conflicted and I say it without mincing words and that contrary to Waziri Adio’s position, Buhari is an ethno-religious fundamentalist. The ark of history is on my side here. The fact that Buhari is being rebranded by the APC apparatchiks and has consequently toned down his extremist views about North/South and Muslims/Christians of the country, for political correctness does not make him any less a religious extremist. I even find the whole rebranding project pretentious, deceitful, and unflattering to the iron-cast inscrutable image of the General. My admonition to those behind it is that you cannot change a man from who he is to who he is not.

The proof of Buhari’s ethno-religious leaning is stated here in his own words and recorded position on issues pertaining to Sharia and the interest of the North as against the overriding interest of Nigeria. If Waziri Adio so fervently believes that Buhari is not a fundamentalist, what does he make of Buhari’s statement 27 August 2001,“I will continue to show openly and inside me the total commitment to the Sharia movement that is sweeping all over Nigeria. God willing, we’ll not stop the agitation for the total implementation of Sharia in the country.’’

As if that was not enough, Buhari stated further, “Muslims should vote for fellow Muslims who can defend their faith”. If Waziri Adio so strongly believes that the fundamentalist toga was ‘contrived,’ what does he make of the above?
Just a few weeks ago, Atiku Abubarkar called Buhari a religious bigot and warned that Nigeria doesn’t need a religious bigot as president. I believe Atiku played that up for his own political advantage because of the primary that was coming up where he alongside other contestants squared against Buhari, but even at that, he was merely stating a self evident fact.

Recall also that during Governor Rasheed Ladoja’s time as governor of Oyo state, Buhari travelled all the way from Daura in Katsina to visit Governor Ladoja in Ibadan. It was no ordinary visit, but a protest visit that Ladoja’s people were killing his (Buhari’s) people. Still wondering what all that means? Well, you don’t have to wait for long. Here it is. It was all about the clashes between Hausa-Fulani herdsmen grazing with their cattle in indigenes’ farmland and destroying their crops. Buhari’s exact words were: “Your people are killing my people.” If this is not a sufficient proof of this man’s sectional-ethnic affinity and inclination then, someone will have to tell me what is. Governor Ladoja was so disappointed in Buhari, that he issued him a rebuke, urging him to play the statesman instead of narrow ethnic interest that chips away at his position as a former head of state.

Just last year, when the state of emergency was declared in parts of the North-east to tame the menace of the devilish and blood-thirsty Boko Haram which has severally broken its own worst record of human carnage, Buhari stated in an interview that he was against the state of emergency and military action against sect, which he described as a grave injustice to the North. According to him in his lamentation, “unlike the special treatment the federal government gave to the Niger Delta militants, the Boko Haram members were being killed and their houses demolished.”

Waziri Adio should tell Nigerians what Buhari meant by that statement. If it was not supportive of Boko Haram and at the same time playing the ethno-religious card, then half the world is not enough as a gift to me. Now, how can a former head of state even make such a statement? What was it meant to achieve? Any objective deductions from Buhari’s statements will inevitably come to the sane conclusion that many Nigerians have come to - a religious fundamentalist who wants to right the perceived ‘wrongs’ done to the north.
Lest we forget, The same Buhari was once nominated by Boko Haram as their chief negotiator even though he reluctantly declined. But why did the murderous terror sect choose Buhari of all people, a former head of state of Nigeria, as their negotiator from a motley crowd of qualified ethno-religious champions who believe that power belongs to the north or “northerners are born to rule”? I am unable to find an answer to this question except to think that perhaps, Boko Haram trusted him more to represent their interest. Was this also ‘contrived’?
It is easy to rebuke those who call Buhari a religious fundamentalist or an extremist, but Buhari’s character portrait and utterances over the years speak to the answer. I was once a big fan of Buhari in the 80s, and for the life of me, I agonised over many sleepless nights when my ‘hero’ started to unravel before my very eyes. His war against indiscipline endeared him to me. It was good for society and it remains an enduring legacy in the country today.
While this write-up is not an assessment of the failings of Buhari’s regime from 1984, I am of the belief that a man who executed three young Nigerians with a law retroactively implemented and has remained unrepentant, unremorseful and still believes in the rightness of that action, his sense of morality and righteousness must be deeply flawed. And for those who think Buhari’s views have matured over time, I say, I wish. We seems to have forgotten so soon how innocent youth corpers serving in parts of the north were killed just because Buhari lost the 2011 presidential election? And I dare say the language of his campaign was largely responsible for those killings.

I am also not impressed with the narrative out there that Buhari believes in fighting corruption with total commitment, even though he may not be personally corrupt and I dare say, he is not. He allows certain things under table and in some cases, negligently aids and abets corrupt acts. Remember the 53 suit cases? What about his stewardship at PTF? It is not as flattering as some would want us to believe. And before I forget, in 2008, at the 10th anniversary of the death of Abacha, Buhari declared to the consternation of all Nigerians that Abacha was neither corrupt nor a thief. “He did not steal Nigeria’s money,” he declared sternly with military fiat. This is despite the fact that several countries had returned hundreds of millions of dollars to Nigeria as part of Abacha’s recovered loot. I don’t know if this position was also ‘contrived’ by Buhari’s hate club. If not, I don’t know how much good this does to the General’s image as an anti-corruption leader that is being daily burnished in the media. Anyone who denies this fact of history that Abacha did not loot the treasury cannot be an honest person and for Buhari to do that speak powerfully to the charge against him. It is an eloquent testimony that tells a lot about what his promoters would not want to talk about.

The harrowing traffic chaos that we all suffer and agonise over today in Lagos is a direct result of Buhari’s narrow and parochial minded view of economic affairs of this country. The cancellation of the Lagos Metro Line project after commencement of work remains a sad reminder of Buhari’s lack of vision and foresight. Tragically, those who have borne the brunt of that unfortunate action are today the very people packaging, marketing and promoting him to be president partly with the resources of the Lagos state. Thankfully, our memories are not like architecture that is often described as frozen music.

This is Professor Wole Soyinka’s take away on Buhari in 2007. It is like he just wrote it yesterday, “The grounds on which General Buhari is being promoted as the alternate choice are not only shaky, but pitifully naïve. History matters. Records are not kept simply to assist the weakness of memory, but to operate as guides to the future. Of course, we know that human beings change. What the claims of personality change or transformation impose on us is a rigorous inspection of the evidence, not wishful speculation or behind-the-scenes assurances. Public offence, crimes against a polity, must be answered in the public space, not caucuses of bargaining. In Buhari, we have been offered no evidence of the sheerest prospect of change. On the contrary, all evidence suggests that this is one individual who remains convinced that this is one ex-ruler that the nation cannot call to order. Need one remind anyone he was one of the Generals who treated a Commission of Enquiry, the Oputa Panel, with unconcealed disdain. Like Babaginda and Abdusalami, he refused to put in appearance even though complaints that were tabled against him involved a career of gross abuses of power and blatant assault on the fundamental human rights of the Nigerian citizenry. Prominent against these charges was an act that amounted to nothing less than judicial murder, the execution of a citizen under a retroactive decree. Does Decree 20 ring a bell? If not, then, perhaps the names of three youths-Lawal Ojuolape(30), Bernard Ogedengbe (29) and Bartholomew Owoh (26) do. To put it quite plainly, one of those three-Ogedengbe-was executed for a crime that did not carry a capital forfeiture at the time it was committed. This was an unconscionable crime, carried out in defiance of the pleas and protests of nearly every sector of the Nigerian and international community, religious, civil rights, political, trade unions etc.”
It is a tragic irony that some of those rooting for and shouting sai Buhari! sai Buhari!! are members of the Fourth Estate of the Realm who suffered terribly under the General’s jackboot. Tunde Thompson and Nduka Irabor must be pinching themselves and wondering what has happened to society’s gatekeepers’ memories.

2 Likes

Re: OBJ Totally Confused, Considers GEJ A Lesser Evil Than Gmb|tinubu. by holatin(m): 12:40am On Dec 21, 2014
agabaI23:
So you think because he said it, it was the gospel truth. You have not said anything on Shagari and Ekwueme. On the suitcases, do you think he will accept it is true when he is campaigning to be the president of Nigeria? Someone who put the president from his region under house arrest and threw his deputy into jail? You sincerely think he will prosecute the emir of Gwandu? An emir has more respect from his subject than the president FYI.

[http://www.nytimes.com/1984/01/21/world/around-
the-world-nigeria-says-it-recovers-millions-from-ex-
aides.html
$56, 000 was found in Ekweme's House, an Igbo man he
was jailed
$4.5 million was found in Former Civilian Governor Sabo
Zuwo House, a Fellow fulani from Kano, he was equally
jailed for 300 years.

1 Like

Re: OBJ Totally Confused, Considers GEJ A Lesser Evil Than Gmb|tinubu. by Nobody: 12:46am On Dec 21, 2014
Buhari is an agent of Balkanization and retrogression. Nigerians shine your eyes.
Buhari spared president shagari because he is Hausa Fulani and sent Vice President Alex Ekwueme to prison because he is Igbo.
Buhari sent Ambrose Ali and Adekunle Ajasin to prison eventho the tribunal he set up discharged and acquired the duo. In the case of Pa Ajasin, he was discharged and aquited twice but was still sent to jail. Yet he spared many nothern politicians from his draconian clamp down.
Buhari denied tai Solarin access to medicine and treatment eventho he knew tai Solarin was an asthmatic patient before he was imprisoned.
Buhari said in 2008 that Abacha is not corrupt and didn't steal any money from Nigeria.. Why wouldn't say so when Abacha is no less Hausa Fulani.
Buhari toppled a democratically elected govt and is the only head of state who never planed a transition to democracy yet he wants to be president under a democracy. What if abdusalam abubakar chose to be like Buhari and not plan a transition and hand over to civil rule, Buhari would av graciously served under that military govt. Like he served under Abacha's govt of tyrany and wickedness.
Do u know that if there was no Buhari, there may not have been an IBB as military head of state and there may not have been an Abacha as military head of state? Imagine that Nigeria has been practicing democracy since 1983 till date, wouldn't we have made considerable progress as a nation? It was general Buhari who destroyed that democracy and imprisoned anybody who dared to request for a transition to democratic rule. Atiku abubakar some weeks before the ApC presidential primaries told apc delegates not to vote for a religious bigot like Buhari.. Nigerians shine your eyes. Buhari is being repackaged in beautiful carton of lies and deceit. Buhari can only take us back, never forward.. Don't say we didn't tell you o. Buhari didn't build any rifinery in Nigeria, he only commissioned it. The rifinery project had been ongoing for over 6 years before Buhari toppled Shagari's govt. Inflation under Buhari in 1984 was 40%. The only credibility Buhari has to his name is the war against indiscipline which of clouts was selective and inequitably applied depending on whether u are from the north or south. If not for Buharis lack of vision and foresight, Lagos would not be experincing the kind of traffic and gridlock it is experiencing today. It was Buhari who refused to approve the Lagos metro line project in 1984/85.
Let the house rat tell the bush rat oo that a vote for Buhari is a vote against the labours of our heroes past. Hhhhhmm.
Re: OBJ Totally Confused, Considers GEJ A Lesser Evil Than Gmb|tinubu. by holatin(m): 12:47am On Dec 21, 2014
agabaI23:

was jailed
$4.5 million was found in Former Civilian Governor's

There were dozens of former governors, ministers,
business
people of Muslim Hausa-Fulani origin who were similarly
jailed
by the Buhari regime. Just a few examples:
1. Umar Dikko, a Muslim Hausa Fulani scion and
arguably the
most influential northern politician at the time, was
unprecedentedly pursued up to his UK hiding place,
abducted by
the Nigerian security agents, bundled and literally
'boxed' and
almost got smuggled back to Nigeria - to account for
his alleged
corruption during the Shagari regime.
2. Isyaku Rabiu, arguably one of the richest ever Hausa
Fulani
businessmen, and one of the most highly respected
Islamic
scholars as well (he is indeed one of the leading
Tijaniyya
Sheikhs in West Africa), was not only thrown to jail at
the time
but even got one of his legs reportedly broken by the
security
agents in the process of his arrest, probably after his
hundreds
of supported tried to prevent him from being arrested.
3. Another super-rich northern businessman in Kaduna,
late A
Haruna Dan-ja, also a Muslim Hausa Fulani, was equally
arrested and thrown into jail (both Sheikh Isyaku Rabiu
and
Danja were allegedly implicated in corrupt practices that
were
considered harmful to the national economy, such as
misuse of
import licences, hoarding of essential commodities,
etc.).
4. Late Sabo Bakin Zuwa, a former governor of Kano
state, was
sentenced to 300 years in jail WITH HARD LABOUR by a
Kaduna
military tribunal, after which he was rumoured to have
'begged'
the tribunal for more years, saying that 'mere 300 years'
were not
enough! LOL
5. A prominent businessman of Katsina origin, a Hausa-
Fulani
Muslim, who had been allegedly aiding and abetting
cross-
border smuggling between Nigeria and Niger for many
years prior
to the coming of the Buhari regime, and who was so
well
connected in the country, had to hide in the ceiling of
his house
when security agents swooped his home in the dead
hours of the
night; they evacuated all his family members and spent
hours
looking for him. He eventually had to run to the
Republic of Niger
where he took refuge!
6. A very influential former ambassador of Kaduna state
origin, a
Hausa Muslim, is STILL living in the capital of a Western
country,
apparently too traumatized and frightened to return to
Nigeria,
having been implicated in a massive corruption case
back then.
Like in the cases of Southern politicians, almost all of
the
northern Hausa-Fulani politicians jailed during Buhari
regime
were NEVER FREED until AFTER the Buhari regime was
overthrown. The fugitives among them also never
returned until
after the overthrow of the Buhari's government (a few
never
returned to date!). Whoever is old, enlightened and
honest
enough should know all this, as it was very much a
public
knowledge.
In fact, immediately after the ouster of the Buhari
regime,
hundreds of friends, relatives and business associates of
Sheikh
Isyaku Rabiu trooped to his Kano residence and started
frenzied
celebrations and special prayers in anticipation of the
release of
their billionaire Sheikh.
What many people in the South do not seem to know is
the fact
that the corrupt among the Hausa Fulani Muslim elite
hate and
fear a Buhari government as much as the Christian
bigots and
tribalists would hate it, but for different reasons. While
the latter
group hate Buhari for nothing other than sheer religious
bigotry
and incurable tribalism, the former fear the general
because they
know very well that it would never be business as usual
for them
under a Buhari-led government - being a Muslim and a
Hausa-
Fulani would NOT shield anyone

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: OBJ Totally Confused, Considers GEJ A Lesser Evil Than Gmb|tinubu. by agabaI23(m): 12:52am On Dec 21, 2014
holatin:

was jailed
$4.5 million was found in Former Civilian Governor's

There were dozens of former governors, ministers,
business
people of Muslim Hausa-Fulani origin who were similarly
jailed
by the Buhari regime. Just a few examples:
1. Umar Dikko, a Muslim Hausa Fulani scion and
arguably the
most influential northern politician at the time, was
unprecedentedly pursued up to his UK hiding place,
abducted by
the Nigerian security agents, bundled and literally
'boxed' and
almost got smuggled back to Nigeria - to account for
his alleged
corruption during the Shagari regime.
2. Isyaku Rabiu, arguably one of the richest ever Hausa
Fulani
businessmen, and one of the most highly respected
Islamic
scholars as well (he is indeed one of the leading
Tijaniyya
Sheikhs in West Africa), was not only thrown to jail at
the time
but even got one of his legs reportedly broken by the
security
agents in the process of his arrest, probably after his
hundreds
of supported tried to prevent him from being arrested.
3. Another super-rich northern businessman in Kaduna,
late A
Haruna Dan-ja, also a Muslim Hausa Fulani, was equally
arrested and thrown into jail (both Sheikh Isyaku Rabiu
and
Danja were allegedly implicated in corrupt practices that
were
considered harmful to the national economy, such as
misuse of
import licences, hoarding of essential commodities,
etc.).
4. Late Sabo Bakin Zuwa, a former governor of Kano
state, was
sentenced to 300 years in jail WITH HARD LABOUR by a
Kaduna
military tribunal, after which he was rumoured to have
'begged'
the tribunal for more years, saying that 'mere 300 years'
were not
enough! LOL
5. A prominent businessman of Katsina origin, a Hausa-
Fulani
Muslim, who had been allegedly aiding and abetting
cross-
border smuggling between Nigeria and Niger for many
years prior
to the coming of the Buhari regime, and who was so
well
connected in the country, had to hide in the ceiling of
his house
when security agents swooped his home in the dead
hours of the
night; they evacuated all his family members and spent
hours
looking for him. He eventually had to run to the
Republic of Niger
where he took refuge!
6. A very influential former ambassador of Kaduna state
origin, a
Hausa Muslim, is STILL living in the capital of a Western
country,
apparently too traumatized and frightened to return to
Nigeria,
having been implicated in a massive corruption case
back then.
Like in the cases of Southern politicians, almost all of
the
northern Hausa-Fulani politicians jailed during Buhari
regime
were NEVER FREED until AFTER the Buhari regime was
overthrown. The fugitives among them also never
returned until
after the overthrow of the Buhari's government (a few
never
returned to date!). Whoever is old, enlightened and
honest
enough should know all this, as it was very much a
public
knowledge.
In fact, immediately after the ouster of the Buhari
regime,
hundreds of friends, relatives and business associates of
Sheikh
Isyaku Rabiu trooped to his Kano residence and started
frenzied
celebrations and special prayers in anticipation of the
release of
their billionaire Sheikh.
What many people in the South do not seem to know is
the fact
that the corrupt among the Hausa Fulani Muslim elite
hate and
fear a Buhari government as much as the Christian
bigots and
tribalists would hate it, but for different reasons. While
the latter
group hate Buhari for nothing other than sheer religious
bigotry
and incurable tribalism, the former fear the general
because they
know very well that it would never be business as usual
for them
under a Buhari-led government - being a Muslim and a
Hausa-
Fulani would NOT shield anyone
Have you heard that it was only Idiagbon and Buhari that saw the $56k? Did you hear that he was not even tried like others? So what about Shagari? He was clean? He was not corrupt?
Re: OBJ Totally Confused, Considers GEJ A Lesser Evil Than Gmb|tinubu. by holatin(m): 12:58am On Dec 21, 2014
agabaI23:
Have you heard that it was only Idiagbon and Buhari that saw the $56k? Did you hear that he was not even tried like others? So what about Shagari? He was clean? He was not corrupt?
I was not there too but why ekweme never talk about dat.

Yawning
Re: OBJ Totally Confused, Considers GEJ A Lesser Evil Than Gmb|tinubu. by theV0ice: 1:01am On Dec 21, 2014
correctguy0900:

which one be sey if d report is true, does it sound try to u? crap

why is it paining you? since you know it's a false report, why not direct your grievances to the OP?

I hope you know the meaning of the conditional word ''IF'' which i started my post with?

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Did Not Say Stealing Is Not Corruption - GEJ / Photos: Check Out The Beauty Of Lagos State (part 2) / How Ndigbo Can Break Free From Their Victim Mentality Syndrome

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 149
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.