Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,696 members, 7,805,857 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:27 AM

How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) - Agriculture (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) (168611 Views)

World's Largest Pig Farm In Kano / Mangu-Bokkos-Plateau: The Largest Mechanized Farm In Nigeria / How To Start And Grow A Profitable Plantain Flour Business In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (68) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) by Immacula8(m): 5:31pm On Mar 05, 2015
Lesgupnigeria:

We are still at the first stage,Land clearing will start next week but will still call you later this week.

Bros, hope all is well. I beg how far are we?
Re: How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 9:00pm On Mar 05, 2015
Immacula8:

Bros, hope all is well. I beg how far are we?

The rain has not been consistent and the soil is still hard and compact.
Tractors are already on the stand by, as soon as we have heavy rainfall,the 1st ploughing will begin and will keep you posted.

The weather forecast for this year was not all that accurate.
By this time last year,we have started planting
so please bear with the nature.
Re: How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) by akp202(m): 8:05am On Mar 06, 2015
i have been following ur post with keen interest and i must say it was indeed informative .one thing which was not address was cost implication except i missed it. in order for people to make inform judgement it would be necessary to give the cost even though cost varies from location. you could use your own farm as a case study so that others would have an idea. i actually want to setup a plantain farm,how many sucker could be planted in one plot of land .am thinking of using 4 plots.how much will it cost u to supply suckers to delta state? as a beginner i will appreciate if u could give an estimate of cost that would involve labour for 4 plot....looking forward to do biz with u.thanks
Re: How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 8:18am On Mar 07, 2015
akp202:
i have been following ur post with keen interest and i must say it was indeed informative .one thing which was not address was cost implication except i missed it. in order for people to make inform judgement it would be necessary to give the cost even though cost varies from location. you could use your own farm as a case study so that others would have an idea. i actually want to setup a plantain farm,how many sucker could be planted in one plot of land .am thinking of using 4 plots.how much will it cost u to supply suckers to delta state? as a beginner i will appreciate if u could give an estimate of cost that would involve labour for 4 plot....looking forward to do biz with u.thanks
you can send a message to me on yusuffgbenga@gmail.com
Re: How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 4:10pm On Mar 07, 2015
Plantain farming business is sustainable.
Start yours!
Re: How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 8:32am On Mar 08, 2015
Happy sunday to you all.
Stay connected for more useful info

1 Like

Re: How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 9:21pm On Mar 08, 2015
Do agric..create wealth
Re: How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 4:00pm On Mar 09, 2015
This Season is going to be green.
Do agribusiness!!!
Re: How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 8:56am On Mar 10, 2015
Agribusiness all the way,its profitable,you can create wealth if you do it right,
Do it
Re: How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 7:22am On Mar 12, 2015
Expand your capacity for knowledge of agribusiness and you are sure to gain experience for running and starting a profitable agribusiness.

One of the way of knowing more is by asking more questions about the business of agriculture

Get your questions across to me on this thread and improve your knowledge on starting a profitable agribusiness.
Re: How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 1:40pm On Mar 13, 2015
Practical training is the best way to get to know much about agribusiness.
Expand your capacity with practical training.
To gst practical training on plantain,cassava,watermelon,oilpalm etc on my farm.kindly contact me on 08092034147,08164628081
Re: How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 7:57am On Mar 23, 2015
dapee:
Thanks for your response. The farms i visited in Kobape area in Ogun state all experienced this. When is the right month for planting April, May or June? The only way to prevent this on new farms is using tissue cultured suckers. Is there also any other way of eradicating the nematodes on an existing farm?
Ok.
March-April is the idea time to cultivate.
Yes,the only way to.prevent this is to use tissue cultured suckers.
The only way of eradicating nematode is to destroy the plantain.
Re: How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) by dapee(m): 1:32pm On Mar 23, 2015
Many thanks Sir. For those that are looking for suckers very soon when production starts on my farm there will be enough bunches to add to your weekly requirement. cheesy Let there be rain waiting earnestly for the rainy season to start.
Lesgupnigeria:

Ok.
March-April is the idea time to cultivate.
Yes,the only way to.prevent this is to use tissue cultured suckers.
The only way of eradicating nematode is to destroy the plantain.
Re: How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 3:07pm On Mar 23, 2015
dapee:
Many thanks Sir. For those that are looking for suckers very soon when production starts on my farm there will be enough bunches to add to your weekly requirement. cheesy Let there be rain waiting earnestly for the rainy season to start.
Rain has been late this season.
waiting earnestly for the rainy season as well.

1 Like

Re: How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 9:23am On Mar 25, 2015
The backbone of the nigeria economy is ageiculture.
Do it and create wealth,it pays
Re: How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 4:36pm On Mar 25, 2015
Do agric...it pays
Re: How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) by REUBEN010(m): 6:01pm On Mar 27, 2015
Hello house, pls wat r the benefits of using rabbit droppings for manure as compared to poultry droppings?
Re: How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 8:21pm On Mar 27, 2015
REUBEN010:
Hello house, pls wat r the benefits of using rabbit droppings for manure as compared to poultry droppings?
I can bet on poultry manure as the best of all in terms of easy decomposition,easy absorption of nutrients by plantain and higher yield than when you use rabbit or cow dung.
Re: How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 8:16am On Apr 01, 2015
gringringrin
rain on the way!!!
Re: How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) by ebymy: 11:15am On Apr 04, 2015
Hello Yusuf, I have tried to reach you on these numbers but they are not going through. Is there any other number that I can use to get across to you later today?
Lesgupnigeria:

Ok.
my contact is 08164628081,07092034147 or yusuffgbenga@gmail.com
Re: How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 1:43pm On Apr 04, 2015
ebymy:
Hello Yusuf, I have tried to reach you on these numbers but they are not going through. Is there any other number that I can use to get across to you later today?
sorry the right numbers are 08092034147;08164628081
Re: How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) by slimtik(m): 10:49am On Apr 08, 2015
Oga LesgupNigeria I want to commend and thank you for your detailed thread on plantain farming which you started in December 2014 but for some reason probably due 2 ur schedule d thread seems to have gone dormant. No more tutorials and expose on d topic. Pls can u continue? I intend to get to Ilorin by d end of d month & will contact u to see ur operations in Ogbomosho as I want to start a plantain farm and would need 2 do business with u. Pls continue d good work and more grease to ur elbows
Re: How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 9:00pm On Apr 09, 2015
..Feeding the nations
do agric
Re: How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 10:34am On Apr 10, 2015
Do agric..the right time is now
Be counted in now or miss the opportunity forever
plantain is the way to go...it keep generating cash for you year in and year out
Re: How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 1:13pm On Apr 10, 2015
Never underestimate the power in the use of improved technology in the business of agriculture.
The era of the use of crude implements are fading away faster...new generation of rich agro-preneurs taking over.
Join the forward moving train
Re: How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 7:13pm On Apr 10, 2015
Do plantain
Re: How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 8:14am On Apr 11, 2015
Go and vote!!!
Re: How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 2:24pm On Apr 11, 2015
The time to venture into agribusiness is now
Reason
.Oil price is rapidly diminishing meaning;
Low revenue for government resulting into reduction in federal allocation to states of the federation.

Effect: State/local govt will have to retrench workers in a bid to cut cost.

Cash flow to private enterprise especially in the manufacturing,banking,oil and gas, etc will be seriously affected prompting sacking of workerso as well because revenue generation is drastically reduced.
Most loans borowed by big corporations,banks,financial institution in dollars will have to be returned back with huge volume of money (in naira) as a result of falling exchange rate due to fall in oil price which will make them to cut cost limiting the numbers of their staff

Government,foreign investments are expected to diversify and focus on agriculture to drive the economy and create wealth as other sector looks less lucrative.
More money will definitely come into agriculture to diversify

Staff and Workers of known companies are being retrench on a daily basis and this is expected to get worse.
The best action you can take is to align yourself and grab this opportunity by venturing into an agribusiness.

If you have not yet started no matter how small,the oportunity is slipping away right in front of you to create wealth for yourself and your family.

If you dont have experience in the agribusiness,you can align yourself with the professional and put you through with ideas and advise to make headstart and prosper in the business.

#MakingYourAgribusinessSuccessAReality

1 Like

Re: How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 6:18pm On Apr 11, 2015
Plantain is the way to go
Do it.
I will help you set it up,No farm management fee,just 20% after sale charges..
Re: How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 10:29pm On Apr 11, 2015
wink

Re: How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 10:43am On Apr 12, 2015
Challenges are meant to be overcome so fear no challenge,have the courage to work over your challenge

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (68) (Reply)

My Organic Poultry Project (broilers) / 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm / Hidden Truths About Plantain Farming Business

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.