Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,309 members, 7,780,729 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 08:54 PM

How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) - Agriculture (23) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) (167665 Views)

World's Largest Pig Farm In Kano / Mangu-Bokkos-Plateau: The Largest Mechanized Farm In Nigeria / How To Start And Grow A Profitable Plantain Flour Business In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) ... (68) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 9:09am On Jan 25, 2017
yanjutomi:
Came across Ur tread today. If i wanna start plantain farming where can i get a good sucker, at what rate and how many sucker will i buy to cultivate on 2 arce. Thanks
Kindly call 08164628081,08092034147
Re: How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 6:34pm On Jan 26, 2017
Rightly stated.
Do agribusiness..... It pays

Re: How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) by austino01(m): 11:18pm On Jan 26, 2017
Are you among the Nigerian youth that is ready to make good money this 2017, if that is you,please join 100's of youth getting full knowledge on pig farming and getting help to become their own boss before the end of the year Lots of money to be made in this business let me show you how and you will not be disappointed. send me a request on whats app +14042549461 and i will add you to the group don't be left out.
Re: How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 8:23pm On Jan 28, 2017
There will be little we can achieve economic prosperity as a country and individual if the citizens fail to embrace agriculture as a business.The time is now that our effort,resources are needed to be invested in the industry
www.Facebook.com/waleagro
Re: How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 8:40am On Jan 30, 2017
Plantain business is a goldmine and its reward is beyond imaginable.
Do plantain....it pays
Re: How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 4:14pm On Jan 31, 2017
No farmer....No nation
Re: How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 10:08pm On Feb 01, 2017
Re: How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 11:42am On Feb 03, 2017
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=689160631246964&id=165808513582181
Available opportunity to start plantain farm on a profitable note
Re: How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) by Ololanla: 11:23pm On Feb 12, 2017
Lesgupnigeria:
Plantain business is a goldmine and its reward is beyond imaginable.
Do plantain....it pays

Thanks for the info so far.

Pls can you help with summary/break down of cost of starting a plantain farm on an acre of land in Ogun state at this time. Also I will like to know the best time of the year to start planting.

Thanks
Re: How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 8:04am On Feb 13, 2017
Ololanla:

Thanks for the info so far.

Pls can you help with summary/break down of cost of starting a plantain farm on an acre of land in Ogun state at this time. Also I will like to know the best time of the year to start planting.

Thanks
Irrigation must be provided first on the farm.
Re: How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 7:27am On Feb 14, 2017
Check www.Facebook.com/waleagro to get more info on how to start a successful agribusiness
Re: How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 7:43am On Feb 16, 2017
Re: How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 11:19am On Feb 17, 2017
Do plantain....it pays
Re: How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) by cuttestprince(m): 7:14pm On Feb 17, 2017
How about fresh graduate with little capital,is it possible venturing into plantain farming with capital as low as #300 thousand
Re: How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 9:49am On Feb 18, 2017
cuttestprince:
How about fresh graduate with little capital,is it possible venturing into plantain farming with capital as low as #300 thousand
Its not necessary you venture into plantain if you don't have enough capital.There is nothing wasteful than starting something and not having enough capital to finish it.

1 Like

Re: How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 9:25am On Feb 20, 2017
Connect with me on www.Facebook.com/waleagro
Re: How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) by shoprighter: 12:00pm On Feb 20, 2017
If i start with one acre land.

How much is the total costs for land clearing, planting, etc?

How much is the expected revenue?

1 Like

Re: How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) by jobzytravels(m): 5:34pm On Feb 20, 2017
Lesgupnigeria:
Connect with me on www.Facebook.com/waleagro

Hello sir, thanks for this beautiful thread but you are not answering some good questions which we can benefit from;
e.g best time of the year to plant?
preferable amount of suckers on a acre for best result?
and so on.
Thanks
Re: How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 6:41pm On Feb 20, 2017
jobzytravels:

Hello sir, thanks for this beautiful thread but you are not answering some good questions which we can benefit from;
e.g best time of the year to plant?
preferable amount of suckers on a acre for best result?
and so on.
Thanks
OK.
1000 suckers can be planted on an acre @ spacing of 2m by 2m
Middle of march or late October provided there is water source/irrigation on the farm.
Re: How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) by pat077: 10:53pm On Feb 20, 2017
Lesgupnigeria:

OK.
Middle of march or late October provided there is water source/irrigation on the farm.
what if one plant during the rainy season, is there still need for irrigation?
Re: How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) by jobzytravels(m): 8:38am On Feb 21, 2017
Lesgupnigeria:

OK.

1000?
It's said that plantain do normally spread, what if all i have is one acre. what will happen to the extra suckers? are they going to be a waste?

Thank you for your prompt reply.
Re: How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 8:39am On Feb 21, 2017
pat077:
what if one plant during the rainy season, is there still need for irrigation?
You still need irrigation even if you plant during rainy season for maximum yield
Re: How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 8:31am On Feb 22, 2017
jobzytravels:

1000?
It's said that plantain do normally spread, what if all i have is one acre. what will happen to the extra suckers? are they going to be a waste?

Thank you for your prompt reply.
Yes.you look for more land to cultivate with it or you sell them
Re: How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) by jobzytravels(m): 9:08am On Feb 22, 2017
Lesgupnigeria:

Ok Sir. TAN KU grin
Re: How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) by jobzytravels(m): 9:18am On Feb 22, 2017
Lesgupnigeria:

Sir, I prepared for 700 suckers on my acre in a spacing of 2.5m by 2m and my consultant said i could plant maize in between, please what do you advice sir?
Re: How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) by jobzytravels(m): 12:15pm On Feb 22, 2017
jobzytravels:

Sir, I prepared for 700 suckers on my acre in a spacing of 2.5m by 2m and my consultant said i could plant maize in between, please what do you advice sir?

Also, what's the best practice if one wants to harvest the bunches at least in multiples of 100s, 200s and above and not in multiples of 10s, 20s and so on. reason is because of cost management.

Thank you sir.
Re: How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 8:29am On Feb 24, 2017
jobzytravels:

Yes,you can
Re: How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) by jobzytravels(m): 11:48am On Feb 24, 2017
Lesgupnigeria:

Yes,you can
Thank you but you did not answer the second and my last question for now smiley, which is; what is the best caution to take if i want to harvest in multiples of 100s and above at any point in time.
Re: How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 8:16am On Feb 25, 2017
jobzytravels:

Also, what's the best practice if one wants to harvest the bunches at least in multiples of 100s, 200s and above and not in multiples of 10s, 20s and so on. reason is because of cost management.

Thank you sir.
You can space the planting to harvest in multiples
Re: How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 6:42pm On Feb 26, 2017
Happy Sunday people!
Re: How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 7:55am On Mar 01, 2017

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) ... (68) (Reply)

My Organic Poultry Project (broilers) / 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm / Hidden Truths About Plantain Farming Business

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.