Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,572 members, 7,809,087 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:45 PM

How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) - Agriculture (28) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) (168717 Views)

World's Largest Pig Farm In Kano / Mangu-Bokkos-Plateau: The Largest Mechanized Farm In Nigeria / How To Start And Grow A Profitable Plantain Flour Business In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) ... (68) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 8:15am On Aug 02, 2017
Re: How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) by Luckyfella(m): 10:50am On Aug 02, 2017
What about Enugu state, can platain farming flourish there.
Re: How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 8:06am On Aug 03, 2017
Luckyfella:
What about Enugu state, can platain farming flourish there.
Yes,very well
Re: How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 5:35am On Aug 06, 2017
Happy sunday people
Re: How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 7:23am On Aug 07, 2017
Do you know that every part of a plantain tree is economically useful?
Yes it is.Fresh young leaves may be eaten in salads or cooked as a potherb.A newer use of plantain starch is in the manufacture of pharmaceuticals; like corn starch, plantain starch can be used as an inert ingredient to mix with drugs in order to form tablets containing consistent measured doses of the drugs.
Plantain seeds, soaked in water and ingested, are widely used as a gentle and safe bulk laxative and anti-diarrheal.
Good morning
Visit my page www.Facebook.com/Waleagro to learn how to successfully start agribusiness

1 Like

Re: How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) by TLAX: 6:53pm On Aug 10, 2017
Lesgupnigeria:

You are welcome.
Hybrid suckers are available.

What do you mean by hybrid suckers and what types are available? How vam i know if the suckers will lead to big sized plantains?
Re: How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 8:25am On Aug 11, 2017
TLAX:

What do you mean by hybrid suckers and what types are available? How vam i know if the suckers will lead to big sized plantains?
Hybrid suckers matures faster than the traditional type
We have only being supplying hybrid suckers.
You can visit us on the farm and hopefully show you some of the fruits our hybrid suckers produced.
Re: How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 3:40pm On Aug 13, 2017
Do plantain.....it pays
Visit my Facebook page on www.Facebook.com/waleagro
Re: How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) by Tatia(m): 4:16am On Aug 15, 2017
Thanks for this thread.
Question 1. What is the ideal space between rows?
Question 2. When you say "if the plantation is well maintained" can you please highlight what activities constitute well maintained by the month?
Question 3. Do you broker sales at harvest for new farmers that does not have sales outlet yet?
Thank you for your enlightenment and encouragement.
Re: How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) by Tatia(m): 4:19am On Aug 15, 2017
Oh, question 4. What planting schedule will allow for harvesting every two months with a land holding off 50 acres?
Thanks.
Re: How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 8:11am On Aug 15, 2017
Tatia:
Thanks for this thread.
Question 1. What is the ideal space between rows?
Question 2. When you say "if the plantation is well maintained" can you please highlight what activities constitute well maintained by the month?
Question 3. Do you broker sales at harvest for new farmers that does not have sales outlet yet?
Thank you for your enlightenment and encouragement.
2m by 2m if its only plantain but if its to be intercropped,3m by 3m is recommended.
"Well maintained" means you do the necessary farm operations at the right time (weeding,replacing suckers that fails to grow well,manure application,etc)
We only provide sale outlets for farmers that cultivate our recommended hybrid sucker.
Re: How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) by karlxavier(m): 9:46am On Aug 15, 2017
I want to understand this , what happens after the first sales? i need to understand the terms of this plabtain farm pls. can the investor have his or her team managing the plantain in the estate and the investor supplying the companies directly after second year ? I need to get the terns clearly stated so that everyone can see. Thanks
Re: How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) by agrocentric: 11:46am On Aug 15, 2017
Good day,
Regards to all farmers.
agrocentric is here to solve your farming problems...we are result oriented, we have testimonies and with wide range recommendations.
we source for hybrid treated agricultural seeds and has always been yielding positive result
you can contact on the following
whatsapp:- 08162977432
instargam:- @agrocentric_
twitter:- @agrocentricblog
mail:- agrocentricblog@gmail.com OR
visit agrocentricblog.com to read more

the picture below shows our one month old plantain at funaab annex iberekodo abeokuta.

Re: How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) by cuttestprince(m): 5:57pm On Aug 15, 2017
agrocentric:
Good day,
Regards to all farmers.
agrocentric is here to solve your farming problems...we are result oriented, we have testimonies and with wide range recommendations.
we source for hybrid treated agricultural seeds and has always been yielding positive result
you can contact on the following
whatsapp:- 08162977432
instargam:- @agrocentric_
twitter:- @agrocentricblog
mail:- agrocentricblog@gmail.com OR
visit agrocentricblog.com to read more

the picture below shows our one month old plantain at funaab annex iberekodo abeokuta.
U can open a thread for that than flooding here with ur advert..thanks
Re: How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) by michaelogunleye(m): 6:34am On Aug 16, 2017
hello please what kind of manure can be applied to plantain
Re: How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) by Tatia(m): 6:44am On Aug 16, 2017
Oh, question 4.
What planting schedule will allow for harvesting every two months with a land holding off 50 acres?
Thanks.
Re: How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) by Tatia(m): 8:06am On Aug 16, 2017
Question
What planting schedule will allow for harvesting every two months with a land holding off 50 acres?
Thanks.
Re: How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) by Tatia(m): 8:12am On Aug 16, 2017
Lesgupnigeria:

There are many brands you can use.
Kindly call 08164628081

You can use Force Up as a selective herbicide.
It worked on my farm I Oyo State.

1 Like

Re: How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 9:55pm On Aug 16, 2017
michaelogunleye:
hello
please what kind of manure can be applied to plantain
Poultry manure preferably
Re: How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 9:58pm On Aug 16, 2017
Tatia:

No o, why did you ask?

Farm is dry tho, due to the season but we planted early

Please, what specific month did you plant?

Is it advisable to plant plantain in a swamp land that dries up in dry season - meaning it is not swampy all year round.
Its not advisable to cultivate plantain in a swampy land.
Re: How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) by adethedon: 3:23am On Aug 17, 2017
I found an agricultural cooperative called Releaf. What the Releaf cooperative does is that it connects good agribusinesses to genuine and trustworthy business partners (suppliers, buyers, etc).

I recommend anyone into agric should join. It's a quick one and it is free if you use this link here: www.releaf.ng

--
Read and learn more here:
www.bellanaija.com/2017/08/uzoma-ayogu-ikenna-nzewi-isaiah-udotong-releaf-ng-share-plans-transform-agribusiness-africa-bn/amp/
Re: How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) by michaelogunleye(m): 7:42am On Aug 17, 2017
Lesgupnigeria:
Poultry manure preferably
ok thanks, how do we apply it?
Re: How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 2:21pm On Aug 17, 2017
michaelogunleye:

ok thanks, how do we apply it?
You are welcome.
Place manure round the plantain
Re: How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) by Nobody: 5:49pm On Aug 17, 2017
I have a plantain farm i set up with 3000 suckers. I want to know pls wat type of fertilizer is best. Two, pls i need help with marketing. I stay in Edo state, precisely Ishan. Thanks
Re: How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 9:35pm On Aug 19, 2017
Oyus:
I have a plantain farm i set up with 3000 suckers. I want to know pls wat type of fertilizer is best. Two, pls i need help with marketing. I stay in Edo state, precisely Ishan. Thanks
Poultry manure is the best. Partner with supermarkets or processing companies for market
Re: How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) by adethedon: 10:00pm On Aug 19, 2017
Kindly pm me if you are interested in working with genuine and trustworthy business partners

https://www.bellanaija.com/2017/08/uzoma-ayogu-ikenna-nzewi-isaiah-udotong-releaf-ng-share-plans-transform-agribusiness-africa-bn/

Re: How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) by Nobody: 9:06am On Aug 20, 2017
Lesgupnigeria:

Poultry manure is the best. Partner with supermarkets or processing companies for market
Thanks alot. I am closer to a Piggery farm. Can i use the dumps as well?
Re: How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) by delight71: 6:28pm On Aug 20, 2017
Pls Can I still plant Plantain this year?
Thanks
Re: How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 10:19pm On Aug 20, 2017
Oyus:

Thanks alot. I am closer to a Piggery farm. Can i use the dumps as well?
You are welcome.
Yes,you can

1 Like

Re: How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 7:44am On Aug 21, 2017
delight71:
Pls Can I still plant Plantain this year?
Thanks
Yes but with irrigation
Re: How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 8:23am On Aug 22, 2017
Re: How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 8:32am On Aug 23, 2017

(1) (2) (3) ... (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) ... (68) (Reply)

My Organic Poultry Project (broilers) / 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm / Hidden Truths About Plantain Farming Business

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.