Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,328 members, 7,780,848 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 12:23 AM

How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) - Agriculture (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) (167670 Views)

World's Largest Pig Farm In Kano / Mangu-Bokkos-Plateau: The Largest Mechanized Farm In Nigeria / How To Start And Grow A Profitable Plantain Flour Business In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (68) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 8:42pm On Jan 18, 2015
obodoG:

The land is in Ewekoro local govt. Area. I will appreciate if you can give me the contact.

Also waiting for the costing.

Thank you.
you can send a message to my email.and i.will.send them to.you immediately.
Thanks.

1 Like

Re: How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) by farmerspolice: 9:50pm On Jan 18, 2015
Lesgupnigeria:

Who.made you farmers police by the way.
Show nairalanders your farm pictures and farming experience before you can make yourself farmers police.
You have no farm,no experience,no knowledge about agricbusiness and you are arresting.
Get a good job and Get a life!
What agribusiness experience do you have, to castigate farmers in the agric section as i have seen some quote attacking other farmers on various threads.

This job given to you by your paymaster will.not pay you on the long run. Your best bet is to spend your precious time building your.mental capacity and engage in activity that will help your future.

I just checked your profile and i noticed you open the account yetrday....i wanted to by-pass your comment but i feel the need to leave some statements with you.
Tell your paymasters that they have failed
Words exchange is not my mission, I am patiently waiting.........
Re: How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 11:43pm On Jan 18, 2015
Do agric...it pays.
Re: How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 8:29am On Jan 19, 2015
This Plantain farm was established using hybrid tissue cultured suckers.
Re: How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 8:45am On Jan 19, 2015
This plantain farm was established through the use of tissue cultured suckers.
Uniform growth and with uniform fruiting

Re: How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 8:47am On Jan 19, 2015
Good morning people.
i believe this week is going to.be a wonderful week for you and your family.
stay connected for more tips on how to make your agricbusiness fly higher this season
Re: How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 12:18pm On Jan 19, 2015
This is the best time to acquire your farmland for plantain,as the season is almost around the corner.
Lands to be used for plantain cultivation is different from other crops
contact me if you are in need of farmland for plantain.
Re: How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 2:50pm On Jan 19, 2015
Information is power.

Ask me more questions on challenges facing you on plantain farm and i will answer you immediately.
Re: How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 5:31pm On Jan 19, 2015
Plantain farming business all the way..
Get professional assistance for free from me today.
Do agric...it pays
Re: How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 7:49pm On Jan 19, 2015
Employ good management practises for your plantain farm for profitable season.
Re: How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 10:24pm On Jan 19, 2015
Do agric...create wealth
Re: How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 7:26am On Jan 20, 2015
Good morning people,
Get your questions across to me on the challenges you are facing and i will be willing to help you with it.
Re: How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 9:41am On Jan 20, 2015
Marketing is very important in making any agribusiness profitable.
I will be showing you how to get supply contract from any processing company in nigeeia
Presently i have about 6 contract agreements with medium to large proceszing companies to supply them various crops ranging from cassava to plantain to cashew nuts.

Stay glued to this thread as i will teach you how to fish for yourself
Re: How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 12:17pm On Jan 20, 2015
Do agric....it pays
Re: How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 2:33pm On Jan 20, 2015
If you can read in details and act on all thats on this plantain thread,then your plantain business success is assured this season.
Re: How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) by obodoG: 9:37am On Jan 21, 2015
Lesgupnigeria:

you can send a message to my email.and i.will.send them to.you immediately.
Thanks.

good morning. i just sent a message to your email. thank you.
Re: How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 3:01pm On Jan 21, 2015
obodoG:

i will check later in the day and get it across to you
Re: How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) by chukyjones(m): 7:24pm On Jan 21, 2015
FarmTech:
@Op, I read somewhere that only suckers with small, spearshaped leaves should be used and not the ones with broad leaves. Can you show me by picture what they meant?

can you attend to this question please?
Re: How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 11:38pm On Jan 21, 2015
chukyjones:

can you attend to this question please?
i have been trying to upload picture but the network has not been favorable,i will try tomorow morning.
Re: How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 6:59am On Jan 22, 2015
Good morning people.
Re: How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 10:05pm On Jan 22, 2015
Having a successful plantain farming business requires indepth knowledge of the value chain of.plantain from the farm to the market (both local and export)
stay connected to know more.
Re: How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) by nigerfine: 10:50am On Jan 23, 2015
Please after the first harvest when do you expect the next harvest.
Re: How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 1:51pm On Jan 23, 2015
@niger fine:
about 10months after the first harvest cycle
Re: How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 4:17pm On Jan 23, 2015
stay glued to this thread to know how to Make money in plantain farming business.
Re: How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 8:24pm On Jan 23, 2015
The main reason why the use of tissue cultured suckers is very important is that its allow use of uniform fruiting.
The thing about plantain is that it if you harvest plantain january this year january,you keep harvesting every january for the rest of the lifecycle of the farm.

If you use the normal suckers for your plantain farm,there will be no uniform fruiting meaning that you will have to harvest several times when matured which will increase your harvesting cost,transportation cost every time you harvest and overall reduce drastically your profit.
This is also what will happen for decades throughout the lifecycle of your plantain farm.

Did you see why many plantain farmers does not make profit?
Agricbusiness is profitable but you need to know the basics.

I can not overemphasizs this aspect,it is very important as any operation of your farm.

Stay connected for more information.

Re: How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) by INFOTECH2: 10:00pm On Jan 23, 2015
Lesgupnigeria:
Late weeding can stress your plantain and can affect yield.
Start early weeding 2 -3 weeks after planting for good yield.

If I intend to use herbicide for weeding, do I use cover - flitting method where by I use plastic to cover the plants and apply the herbicide.
Re: How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) by INFOTECH2: 10:20pm On Jan 23, 2015
Good day

I would like to know if C of O is given for farmland in Ogun State?

Or is it just survey and receipt.

Lesgupnigeria:

grin grin grin
You are not a pain in the $$$..
all the necessary documents will be sent to.you.
I have been trying your line but have not being going through.
Kindly send to my mail.box a line that can easily connect us to discuss better.
Thanks.
Re: How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 10:25pm On Jan 23, 2015
INFOTECH2:

If I intend to use herbicide for weeding, do I use cover - flitting method where by I use plastic to cover the plants and apply the herbicide.
Yes,you can.
Re: How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) by INFOTECH2: 10:41pm On Jan 23, 2015
Okay. When the plantain has grown tall, how does one apply the herbicide without killing the plants.

Lesgupnigeria:

Yes,you can.
Re: How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 9:08am On Jan 24, 2015
INFOTECH2:

Okay. When the plantain has grown tall, how does one apply the herbicide without killing the plants.

If you are applying herbicides when the plantain is still small or has become tall,you need an experience hand to do the job.
Its not necessary to cover the plantain but why i always say farmers/intending farmers should cover the plantain before planting is that i discovered that most farmers don't know how to spray herbicides on their plantain farm.
I don't cover my plantain when spraying is being done because my workers are trained how to spray.
You can bring your workers to my farm to get them trained.
Re: How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 11:45am On Jan 24, 2015
obodoG:

i have reply your message

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (68) (Reply)

My Organic Poultry Project (broilers) / 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm / Hidden Truths About Plantain Farming Business

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.