Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,845 members, 7,806,387 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 03:38 PM

Pastors That Are Poor Were Not Called By God- Uma Ukpai - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastors That Are Poor Were Not Called By God- Uma Ukpai (28183 Views)

Most Nigerian Pastors Are Fake, Not Called By God – Oritsejafor / No PVC, No Communion, Rev. Uma Ukpai Tells Congregation / Mega Church Pastors That Fell For Adultery (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pastors That Are Poor Were Not Called By God- Uma Ukpai by oluwafranky: 1:38am On Dec 22, 2014
Re: Pastors That Are Poor Were Not Called By God- Uma Ukpai by Abusawfi(m): 8:10am On Dec 22, 2014
Crazy fellow...your doom is near.
Re: Pastors That Are Poor Were Not Called By God- Uma Ukpai by chiteny(m): 9:25am On Dec 22, 2014
Bobbysworld28:

Jesus was not poor materially. Someone who could feed thousands comfortably is not poor!

.....and how did he feed the thousands?
Re: Pastors That Are Poor Were Not Called By God- Uma Ukpai by chiteny(m): 9:46am On Dec 22, 2014
playboy19:

This is what happens to them when they don't read their bible and understand the kind of God they serve. If they take as much time as they spend on twitter or facebook to search the bible, they'd know that Jesus was never ever broke both materially and spiritually.

Jesus Christ fed thousands of people and yet they still believe he was broke?

Luke Chap. 6 vs 5" When Jesus then lifted up his eyes, and saw a great company come unto him, he saith unto Philip, Whence shall we buy bread, that these may eat?

6 And this he said to prove him: for he himself knew what he would do.

Emphasis on verse 6. A broke man can not already know what to feed 10-15,000 people (10-15,000 people because, back then, it was the culture of the israelite not to count women and kids, so the bible said there were 5,000 men. And we all know how our churches are this days, if you find 5000 men in a congregation, best believe the female and children population in the same place would be like triple the number of men. But to be modest, let's say they were 10-15k people all together.)

A broke man cannot feed 5 people, lest 15k people. So Jesus was never broke. What you could say is that, he never carried material things around, because they were readily spiritually available to him wherever he was. All he needed to do was to command whatever he needed to come to physical manifestation (The same way you feel secured when you have your ATM card on you, even though you have no cash.)

An example of the above is when Jesus was charged to pay His and peter's taxes...(Watch the first ATM ever recorded in action)

Matt 17 vs 27" However, so that we do not offend them, go to the sea and throw in a hook, and take the first fish that comes up; and when you open its mouth, you will find a shekel. Take that and give it to them for you and Me."

Jesus Christ was always with riches around him spiritually, so there is no way he could have been broke/poor. In fact, it was recorded that Judas was stealing from him, but that's another story for another day.

Long story short, Jesus was never a broke man. That line is just what the devil uses to rob you of your inheritance from God. Your God is an all sufficient God, so why should you live a pauper life. Study your bible and know your right. Know the plan, will and love of God for you.

My dear friend, please look for another example to qualify Jesus feeding thousands, thus proving he was rich. As I recall from the same bible reference, he did not give disciples money to buy the fish and bread. He performed a miracle for thousands to eat and get satisfied from five loaves of bread and two fishes.

Stop teaching half truths. Its more harmful than lies. Of course you leanrt same from your pastors.

1 Like

Re: Pastors That Are Poor Were Not Called By God- Uma Ukpai by Change2015(m): 10:00am On Dec 22, 2014
inimes:
Hmmm... What a perverse gospel! Does Jesus mean 'investment' when He says "I am after my Father's business"? That is a clear carnal understanding. Being poor on earth is not the evidence that one is not called. Jesus says His true followers should lay up their treasures in Heaven where moths cannot infect. He warns that His genuine followers should do this earthly Church business or investment but they should invest in Heaven. Besides, being poor earthly does not mean one is not called by God to lead His sheep. Just as being rich and doing great miracles,signs and wonders are not the proofs that one is called by God. Whosoever doeth the Will of God is born of God. Whosoever doeth righteousness and preaches the Christ and Kingdom of God is called of God. That is why Jesus says "by their fruits ye shall know them". Meaning that as many who do not do the Will of God and preaches truth are not of God. Certainly not those who are physically prospering in sin or "Church business" that are called. Why do men always try to justify their belief,philosophy or what they do? Did God also instruct pastor Umah Ukpai to be demanding money from people? Did God ask him to say "those who have 100k,50k,20k,15k,10k,5k,1k, 5h,etc" should come out and donate it for prayers and blessings? But he does that whenever and wherever he holds his 1million-man crusades. Or is that his own way of doing "his father's business"? Let him change and teach the truth. He knows the truth but he is keeping it from his listeners and followers. God is not a respecter of anyone. Being poor is a thing of the heart. You may see someone as being poor but he or she sees believes he or she is rich in Christ Jesus. No genuine christian is poor in the sight of God. So Ukpai is teaching falsehood. May God have mercy on him.

It is sad that the man is a victim of our avaricious culture but he hasn't the intelligence to recognise it. You have really spoken well. The man has forgotten that Jesus said it is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle.. .
Re: Pastors That Are Poor Were Not Called By God- Uma Ukpai by Change2015(m): 10:21am On Dec 22, 2014
In all of Jesus's ministry, he did not expect people to pay or 'appreciate' him for hearing the word of God, except the lepers one of whom came to give thanks, and he asked where are the others. But he expected them to refrain from sin and follow God. Now churches sell special prayers and appointment with pastor. Where is the biblical backing. Jesus taught his own disciples to pray for 'daily bread' and not to worry about tomorrow because God who takes care of the birds of the air will surely see his followers through. Now we have turned it into, gradings of blessings according to wealth? That means Obasanjo is God's favourite Nigerian pastor abi? Jesus expected and never demanded any earthly reward because hie eyes were focused on his father's work. Today's Pastor's are focused on looking big according to Nigerian culture, and they pretend it's evidence of God's blessing. The life of Jesus fails to instruct them! Smdh
Re: Pastors That Are Poor Were Not Called By God- Uma Ukpai by frakapotala: 10:46am On Dec 22, 2014
REALLY?
Re: Pastors That Are Poor Were Not Called By God- Uma Ukpai by jotax(m): 11:36am On Dec 22, 2014
MarvellousGod:
See the kind of men of God we have..... Imagine, church is business grin grin grin grin undecided

I always encourage people to pay their tithe to the less privileged, orphans, etc instead of giving their hard earned money to all these money hungry pastors...God help us
But d Bible said bring ye all your tithes to the store HOUSE OF GOD... Not to d less priviledge or wateva

1 Like

Re: Pastors That Are Poor Were Not Called By God- Uma Ukpai by Nobody: 11:51am On Dec 22, 2014
chiteny:

.....and how did he feed the thousands?
My point exactly. No matter how he fed thousands, he could still produce more money!
Re: Pastors That Are Poor Were Not Called By God- Uma Ukpai by Josboy2: 12:21pm On Dec 22, 2014
So Jesus wey no even get where to lay head nko?End time pastor,you think say everybody de gullible like ur members?Abegi,give me chance mek I sleep Jo.

1 Like

Re: Pastors That Are Poor Were Not Called By God- Uma Ukpai by tartar9(m): 10:53pm On Dec 22, 2014
this is what you call churconomics.
Re: Pastors That Are Poor Were Not Called By God- Uma Ukpai by chiteny(m): 6:13pm On Dec 31, 2014
Bobbysworld28:

My point exactly. No matter how he fed thousands, he could still produce more money!
Bros, why are u quoting me on what I did not say? By the way did he produce more money? What was (if any) the goal of producing money?
Re: Pastors That Are Poor Were Not Called By God- Uma Ukpai by endymetrix(m): 6:35pm On Feb 21, 2015
sukkot:
ok . the demon on pulpit, demon uma ukpai has spoken

Be careful o!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Primate Nicholas Okoh Speaks On Tithing / Six Common Things Church Camera Men Are Known For / Pastor Praying That A 4-Year-Old Stagnant Water Should Dry Up In Lagos (Photos)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.