Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,869 members, 7,798,905 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 12:05 PM

Jonathan Versus Buhari: A Clear Choice By Dele Sobowale! - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Versus Buhari: A Clear Choice By Dele Sobowale! (2997 Views)

Family Of Diezani Alison-madueke Outraged By Dele Momodu's Visit To Her - Lawyer / David Mark Takes A Clear Lead In Benue South District / Throwback Photo Of Buhari Shared By Dele Momodu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply)

Re: Jonathan Versus Buhari: A Clear Choice By Dele Sobowale! by Thatdave(m): 5:20pm On Dec 21, 2014
some people support Jonathan, that may not be the best choice but a bird at hand is better
Re: Jonathan Versus Buhari: A Clear Choice By Dele Sobowale! by staunchman(m): 7:01pm On Dec 21, 2014
kahal29:
“Once to everyman and nation comes the moment to decide; in the strife between truth with falsehood, for the good or the evil side.” J. R. Lowell, 1819-1891, (VANGUARD BOOK OF QUOTATIONS,VBQ, p 254).

For great nations, the choice comes once or, at most, twice. For Nigeria, the choice had come several times. And, the fact that, today, the failure of a country which was more advanced than South Korea, Malaysia and Thailand, among others, in 1965, is unanimously attributed to the lack of purposeful leadership is an indictment of the leaders as well as the followers.

To the best of my knowledge, nobody had been elected into office, either at the Federal, or State, level who had not enjoyed some significant measure of support. Even when the votes were supposed to have been rigged or bought, with “Stomach Infrastructure”, fellow Nigerians had been involved in the deals. Nobody alone can impose himself on a nation of 170 million people. As Joseph de Maistre, 1751-1820, in VBQ p. 80, has warned us, “Every country has the government it deserves.”

So if Nigeria, a potentially rich, but, actually poor country, has a government in which a Minister can purchase two bullet-proof cars, at inflated prices, that is what we deserve. If another Minister can spend billions of naira leasing a jet for her official use; and, then go to court to stop anyone from asking questions, because her “boss” never did, that is what we deserve too. If the BOSS himself runs a Presidential Airline with nine aircrafts, while the Presidents of France and Brazil and the Prime Ministers of Japan and Britain manage with one each, that is what we also deserve.

By contrast, we now have a challenger, who was a former Minister for Petroleum Resources (he leased no jets) and a former Head of State (no Presidential Airways then). Yet, he could state, without fear of contradiction as follows: “While others who have occupied those same positions have grown mysteriously rich, I still live on my army pension. I own no foreign bank accounts, I own no companies profiting from government contracts.”

To me the difference is clear; as clear as drinking tea or coffee with milk; or drinking mud water. Let those who had become mysteriously rich explain the source(s) of their wealth to Nigerians – including how much tax they paid on them….

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2014/12/jonathan-versus-buhari-clear-choice/
I have no foriegn Account.....I live on my pension..blah blah blah....Last 5 years they told us that they don't have shoes......which means they were walking bare-footed, but now they have fleets of private jets, multibillion naira bullet proof cars etc. In as much as I maintain absolute political neutrality, people usually say that the devil U know is better than d saint U don't knw. Besides during his days as a dictator, looting wasn't predominantly rampant as it is these days. Yes! U see corruption virtually in everywhere in Nigeria be it in schools, government or private offices. That's why Frank Anuku frankly gave these words: I took upon myself to study the background of selected few and was able tocome out with. One astonishing truth; no one is a gentleman, a gentleman is someone whom his social ills has not been discovered....and if U dig deep enough, U are bound to discover". So I wonder why politicians will be playing with our intelligence till now. NO ONE IS A SAINT, NOT EVEN THE GROUP CLAMOURING FOR CHANGE!!!!!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Buhari Successfully Performs First Miracle Expected From Him By Nigerians / Breaking news..Tribunal Nullifies wike's election / Photo:saraki Attends Ike Ekweremmadu's Special Thanksgiving Service In Enugu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.