Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,975 members, 7,806,849 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:08 AM

A Thread For Professional & Intending Truck Drivers - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / A Thread For Professional & Intending Truck Drivers (5957 Views)

Why I Left Banking For Dangote Truck Drivers Job / Meet Some Of Dangote Truck Drivers / Pls Intending And Qualified Chartered Accountants Lets Meet Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Thread For Professional & Intending Truck Drivers by Goshen360(m): 3:08am On Dec 21, 2014
Hi,

I intend using this thread for sharing information about truck driving perhaps, sharing information with experienced professional truck drivers and also sharing information with intending drivers on combination vehicles or tractor-trailer. I will be posting information on learning and perhaps videos where applicable as it is obtained in US & Canada.
Re: A Thread For Professional & Intending Truck Drivers by anukulapo: 3:19am On Dec 21, 2014
Ok. Please post for danfo drivers too. LOL
Re: A Thread For Professional & Intending Truck Drivers by Goshen360(m): 3:27am On Dec 21, 2014
^ Danfo driver ke, only in our naija na eim that one dey o. grin grin grin We dey talk of hot cake you dey ask for moi-moi..... grin grin grin.

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Professional & Intending Truck Drivers by anukulapo: 3:33am On Dec 21, 2014
Goshen360:
^ Danfo driver ke, only in our naija na eim that one dey o. grin grin grin We dey talk of hot cake you dey ask for moi-moi..... grin grin grin.
LOL. No mind me o bro. Na joke I dey. I'm sure I learn a lot from it. I love driving and I hope I'll handle one of those long vehicles one day (just for the technicality of the driving sha)
Re: A Thread For Professional & Intending Truck Drivers by Goshen360(m): 3:44am On Dec 21, 2014
^ I know you joking!!! I love driving too and I just tried turning my interest into a money making opportunity because of the high demand\pay here in the States. I never thought I could handle them long combination vehicles but alas, I'm doing great. I don't know how I'm going to organize this information anyway because so much in it but I will just use my teaching skills to make it simple and straight to point.

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Professional & Intending Truck Drivers by Goshen360(m): 3:54am On Dec 21, 2014
Basically, there are 3 categories of commercial driving on that get into, namely: Class A, B or C. Each class has kinds of vehicles you can operate depending on what one is licensed to operate. Class A is usually a combination (tractor & trailer) vehicle of a gross combination weight rating (GCWR) of 26,001 or more pounds, provided the GVWR of the vehicle(s) being towed is in excess of 10,000 pounds.

Class B is usually any single vehicle with a gross vehicle weight rating (GVWR) of 26,001 pounds or more, while Class C is any vehicle designed to transport 16 or more passengers (including the driver). Usually, school buses and traveling buses fall in this category. I "might" be dealing more with Class A because, one with Class A can practically do B & C.
Re: A Thread For Professional & Intending Truck Drivers by Goshen360(m): 3:59am On Dec 21, 2014

^ Picture of what is called a combination vehicle. That is, a tractor + \ hooked to a trailer.

^ Picture of a TRACTOR only.

^ Picture: 53" trailer
Re: A Thread For Professional & Intending Truck Drivers by Nobody: 8:28am On Dec 21, 2014
Following like good news.
Re: A Thread For Professional & Intending Truck Drivers by Goshen360(m): 1:30pm On Dec 21, 2014

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Professional & Intending Truck Drivers by CrazyMan(m): 1:22pm On Mar 06, 2015
Following.
Re: A Thread For Professional & Intending Truck Drivers by Nobody: 2:25pm On Mar 06, 2015
I know someone that lost his job and went to truck driving school for a few months
Jobs pay $35/ hr and there are many opportunities in Canada and the USA
It's an area that traditionally Oyibo people do but our folks are beginning to get into.
I would encourage any young man rather than sit around and waste away at a minimum wage or low paying job,if you are fearless,take up truck driving.
A few days on the road,a few days with the family just don't hook with with ndi ashawo at truck stops

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Thread For Professional & Intending Truck Drivers by Nobody: 2:29pm On Mar 06, 2015
Goshen360:
^ I know you joking!!! I love driving too and I just tried turning my interest into a money making opportunity because of the high demand\pay here in the States. I never thought I could handle them long combination vehicles but alas, I'm doing great. I don't know how I'm going to organize this information anyway because so much in it but I will just use my teaching skills to make it simple and straight to point.

Please give specifics on how to get into it
Many people may be interested
Re: A Thread For Professional & Intending Truck Drivers by Goshen360(m): 3:50pm On Mar 19, 2015
babyosisi:

Please give specifics on how to get into it
Many people may be interested

I will find time to explain more but this thread is just an aid to basic learning.
Re: A Thread For Professional & Intending Truck Drivers by mabeni(m): 4:55pm On Mar 19, 2015
I Can drive cars tho.but i like to add truck driving to my experience. But dont know where to learn it. Am in Naija.
Re: A Thread For Professional & Intending Truck Drivers by goodieuzo: 5:09pm On Mar 19, 2015
it is a good thing to learn.i drive small vehicles,and i like to learn truck driving too but where to learn in naija.and is truck steering power steering or u need a lot of energy to turn as i see many truck drivers pulling off their shirts while driving?
Re: A Thread For Professional & Intending Truck Drivers by Lawconfessor(f): 8:19pm On Mar 19, 2015
Good one sir! Keep 'em coming.
Re: A Thread For Professional & Intending Truck Drivers by cynthiaezebaby: 11:30am On Mar 23, 2015
[quote author=babyosisi post=31360624]I know someone that lost his job and went to truck driving school for a few months
Jobs pay $35/ hr and
[/quheote] hello at baby osisi please I need ur assistant regarding truck driving in Canada, my husband is in Nigeria and he is planning of coming to Canada for truck driver business please how can he start the process? Can u relate me to any company in Canada regarding the driver work. Please I hope to hear from u soon. Thanks
Re: A Thread For Professional & Intending Truck Drivers by PilotOz(m): 1:09am On Mar 24, 2015
Truck driving is really gud. for those asking where to learn.. the best tin to do is just to go to any truck stop in ur locality, approach any driver, make ur intentions known, softly, try and persuade him.. He may accept u as a motor boy.. then u learn frm d position.. so at the end of the month, he pays u a stipend for ur work and at the same time u learn how to drive.. within a yr or 2 u must av known the nigeiran routes and terrain and how to drive, then u can start asking ur oga about a possible balance and carry truck. just be deligent, dnt steal.. stealing is one tin most drivers hate about their motor boys.

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Professional & Intending Truck Drivers by Nobody: 4:55am On Mar 24, 2015
[quote author=cynthiaezebaby post=31913180][/quote]

I can't tell any specifics of particular schools,I just know someone who attended one,I believe they can be found online.
Just make sure they are accredited so he can get the licenses required.
Re: A Thread For Professional & Intending Truck Drivers by cynthiaezebaby: 3:54am On Mar 25, 2015
[color=#006600][/color]
babyosisi:

I can't tell any specifics of particular schools,I just know someone who attended one,I believe they can be found online.
Just make sure they are accredited so he can get the licenses required.
thanks babyosisi,do mean that their is school for driving truck training in Canada?

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Professional & Intending Truck Drivers by cynthiaezebaby: 4:08am On Mar 25, 2015
PilotOz:
Truck driving is really gud. for those asking where to learn.. the best tin to do is just to go to any truck stop in ur locality, approach any driver, make ur intentions known, softly, try and persuade him.. He may accept u as a motor boy.. then u learn frm d position.. so at the end of the month, he pays u a stipend for ur work and at the same time u learn how to drive.. within a yr or 2 u must av known the nigeiran routes and terrain and how to drive, then u can start asking ur oga about a possible balance and carry truck. just be deligent, dnt steal.. stealing is one tin most drivers hate about their motor boys.
hi at pilotoz please can u highlight me the process of becoming a truckdriver at Canada ,my husband is driving truck in Nigeria and planning of coming to Canada please can u help me with necessary documents needs for that thanks.
Re: A Thread For Professional & Intending Truck Drivers by Nobody: 4:41am On Mar 25, 2015
cynthiaezebaby:
[color=#006600][/color] thanks babyosisi,do mean that their is school for driving truck training in Canada?

Yes

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Professional & Intending Truck Drivers by cynthiaezebaby: 4:47am On Mar 25, 2015
babyosisi:

Yes
thanks at babyosisi, but do u know the name of schools or can u contact the person u knew that underwent the the school proceed.
Re: A Thread For Professional & Intending Truck Drivers by PilotOz(m): 5:29pm On Mar 25, 2015
cynthiaezebaby:
hi at pilotoz please can u highlight me the process of becoming a truckdriver at Canada ,my husband is driving truck in Nigeria and planning of coming to Canada please can u help me with necessary documents needs for that thanks.

In order to obtain work in Canada, foreign worker must obtain Canadian
work permits which require a Labor Marketing Opinion (LMO). An LMO is a
labour market verification process whereby Human Resources and Skills
Development Canada (HRSDC) assesses the offer of employment to ensure
that the foreign worker will not have a negative impact on the Canadian
labour market.
Generally speaking, for jobs located in Canada's major cities, the more
specialized the position and the higher the salary offered, the higher the
chances of obtaining a positive LMO. If trucking achieves the status of a
specialized job, this whole process will be expedited and made much easier.

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Professional & Intending Truck Drivers by PilotOz(m): 5:30pm On Mar 25, 2015
google is ur frnd ma.. Many sites where u can find valuable info

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Professional & Intending Truck Drivers by cynthiaezebaby: 5:14am On Mar 27, 2015
PilotOz:
google is ur frnd ma.. Many sites where u can find valuable info
OK thanks

(1) (Reply)

ICAN/ATS Induction Ceremony On Monday...advice Needed. / MTN Call Centre Staff In Jos Protest Suspension Of Colleagues / From A Heart That Loves Oceanic Bank

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.