Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,350 members, 7,780,944 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 05:59 AM

Naira Rain As PDP Raises Billions For Jonathan. - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Naira Rain As PDP Raises Billions For Jonathan. (24120 Views)

CBN Fines FIRST BANK And UBA Billions For TSA Hiding NNPC FUNDS!! / Naira Rain At NASS As Senators Collect N23.4m Each- The Nation / PDP Raises Alarm Over Fresh Plot To Remove Fayose; Begs Buhari To Intervene (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Naira Rain As PDP Raises Billions For Jonathan. by baywatch84(m): 7:00am On Dec 21, 2014
When I dey hustle to get job since 2012, the thunder wey go fire una still dey do pressup

6 Likes

Re: Naira Rain As PDP Raises Billions For Jonathan. by Nobody: 7:00am On Dec 21, 2014
Up GEJ, those of you complaining should know that,his region is feeding the nation. If I have the money or the power, I would have donated the whole of nigeria's foreign reserve for his re election. And for those saying no light, no water, no job, no food bla bla bla bla, even if no LIFE, JONATHAN must be relected next year and he will hand over power to my brother (David Mark come 2019). If you are not interested, its not by force, just go to river benue(it has no widows nor doors) and throw your dirty self into it. The two tribes(hausa and their fear fear slave, yoruba) that have ganged up against Nigeria must be shamed come next year!

5 Likes

Re: Naira Rain As PDP Raises Billions For Jonathan. by KanwuliaJara: 7:05am On Dec 21, 2014
Jonathan raising money for himself.
Welcome to 'third term agenda'!
OBJ AND ANENIH get richer! cheesy
Re: Naira Rain As PDP Raises Billions For Jonathan. by badaru1(m): 7:06am On Dec 21, 2014
gratiaeo:
GEJ must be reelected next year if there will be one entity called Nigeria
must u use threat to force Nigerians to vote for Jona? We have gone beyond this, better use his achievements or u keep your mouth shut.

2 Likes

Re: Naira Rain As PDP Raises Billions For Jonathan. by spankyflex(m): 7:07am On Dec 21, 2014
Otenestbestyaho:
Up GEJ, those of you complaining should know that,his region is feeding the nation. If I have the money or the power, I would have donated the whole of nigeria's foreign reserve for his re election. And for those saying no light, no water, no job, no food bla bla bla bla, even if no LIFE, JONATHAN must be relected next year and he will hand over power to my brother (David Mark come 2019). If you are not interested, its not by force, just go to river benue(it has no widows nor doors) and throw your dirty self into it. The two tribes(hausa and their fear fear slave, yoruba) that have ganged up against Nigeria must be shamed come next year!
don't mind the hypocrites,if the donation was for APC it would have been a good gesture
Re: Naira Rain As PDP Raises Billions For Jonathan. by Desric(m): 7:11am On Dec 21, 2014
donmalcolm21:
PDP has the money to prosecute the election unlike Buhari that plays 419 on Amaechi or banks by taking loan to buy form.
Sorry, did you just type this shit?

1 Like

Re: Naira Rain As PDP Raises Billions For Jonathan. by royalblood21: 7:12am On Dec 21, 2014
Uchesis:
If only our votes will count, dis idi.ot and his illiterate wife will leave aso rock
It's will my bro.... pls go. get ur pvc and let's vote them out!

4 Likes

Re: Naira Rain As PDP Raises Billions For Jonathan. by badaru1(m): 7:12am On Dec 21, 2014
The pro Jonathan guys are no longer using his achievements for campaign,they now resort to threat and blackmail. World over people campaign on issues not threat. Even their main master, Okukpe could not answer a straight forward question when asked why was Lagos Appap express way still in bad shape despite the daily promise by his Jesus?

2 Likes

Re: Naira Rain As PDP Raises Billions For Jonathan. by lewoyo(m): 7:13am On Dec 21, 2014
it only makes EFCC job easier Come 2015... they already knew where n who to hold responsible in each sectors that donated our hard earned money for politics... where the poor can't afford 3 square meal...GMB is the change...doesn't need to bribe his way through of call sectors to donate. .we ll donate the few money he needs ...hit like for GMB my fellow countrymen

6 Likes

Re: Naira Rain As PDP Raises Billions For Jonathan. by otokx(m): 7:15am On Dec 21, 2014
iluvnaija:
PHCN donated N500million and una dey expect light? That part of the profit from N750/1000 fixed charges.

Una never see anything, if GEJ win 2015 there will be no light and you'll still pay for being in darkness for a month.

We will never again pay for darkness.
Re: Naira Rain As PDP Raises Billions For Jonathan. by Desric(m): 7:16am On Dec 21, 2014
spankyflex:
don't mind the hypocrites,if the donation was for APC it would have been a good gesture
Whether it's for the APC or not does not make it or a proof that it is not against the constitution the federal republic of Nigeria, and thinking that it is coming from the custodians of our constitution themselves, it's even worrisome and too bad for democracy. Transformation agenda my foot.

1 Like

Re: Naira Rain As PDP Raises Billions For Jonathan. by otokx(m): 7:17am On Dec 21, 2014
Otenestbestyaho:

Have you forgotten the Igbos; shebi its turn by turn.

1 Like

Re: Naira Rain As PDP Raises Billions For Jonathan. by napoleonbaba(m): 7:20am On Dec 21, 2014
donmalcolm21:
PDP has the money to prosecute the election unlike Buhari that plays 419 on Amaechi or banks by taking loan to buy form.

Yes stolen money..our money

1 Like

Re: Naira Rain As PDP Raises Billions For Jonathan. by Nobody: 7:27am On Dec 21, 2014
otokx:

Have you forgotten the Igbos; shebi its turn by turn.
After, dmark 8years rule,it will be given to SE, all hand must be on deck by the SS,SE,NC and part of SW to make sure we do not allow evil(hausas) befall our nation. All ethnic group must benefit from this lugard arrengment. Peace!
Re: Naira Rain As PDP Raises Billions For Jonathan. by mazzi: 7:31am On Dec 21, 2014
wengerjay:
This woman called Shagaya is among the cabals under Jonathan govt.Her close relationship to patience Jonathan has earned her billions of dollars.
Stealing of public funds is stil not corruption anyway.
General Buhari did nt spend billions of naira in 2011 and yet he stil had 12 million votes.
Lets wait and see.
Even the Dangotes and Otedolas cant come out openly to donate this time around because they are stil studying the situations on ground.
and when otedola and dangote makes their donation open now,people like u will start calling 4 their heads.ave u asked why people like ifeanyi uba,innoson,ibeto,emeka ofor,author eze,elumelu and the rest didn't make public donation?dangote and otedola ave already paid their dues in the secret
Re: Naira Rain As PDP Raises Billions For Jonathan. by shomutuski(m): 7:33am On Dec 21, 2014
Morning people.... Really what I read has spoilt my entire day... How can one donate 5billion. I. Mean 5 freaking billion to jonathan.. Where d heck is that money from? A naira to dollar stands at 195 and those idiots are wasting money instead of lending CBN. Smh. Nigeria is truly in ruins. CHAi!!!! See our national sectors sef they donate - transportation, construction and the likes... I tell you with this development 2015 will be a harder test for nigeria oh. I say to my igbo brothers and those in the East and S.east: you can shout GEJ till eternity but I ask you people, is this what you want. A situation where our president keeps spitting at our faces. My pops worked for FG as a senior Tech in nitel and dem never pay am pension.. Common 10million oh. RIP to all this corrupt polithiecian....

2 Likes

Re: Naira Rain As PDP Raises Billions For Jonathan. by qtx(m): 7:35am On Dec 21, 2014
retepmurt:
The Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) last night flexed its financial muscle ahead of next year’s polls as stakeholders poured in money for the prosecution of the elections.

Donors at the fund raising ceremony held in Abuja included the various sectors of the economy, PDP governors, businessmen/women and organizations.

A prominent business woman Bola Shagaya and her friends donated N5billion. An equal amount of N5billion came from friends of Professor Jerry Gana,chairman of the funds raising committee while the 21 PDP governors gave N1.05billion, while those who called themselves friends donated N3 billion.

Other high profile donors were construction sector with N310m, transport N1 billion, real estate N4b, the energy sector-N500million, PDP Rivers State stakeholders-N50million.

Others were food and agriculture N5b, Cifex N10m, power sector N500m , Shelter Development Limited N250m, Emzor N50m, the NDDC governing board N15m, auto sector N450m and PDP youth group N50m.

Present at the event were President Goodluck Jonathan, Vice President Namadi Sambo, Senate President David Mark, House of Representatives Deputy Speaker Emeka Ihedioha, PDP governors, Ministers, PDP National Chairman Adamu Muazu and the Chairman, Board of Trustees of the PDP, Chief Antony Anenih.

The ceremony was still in progress at press time. The huge donation according to the Electoral Act runs foul of the law. Section 221 of the 1999 Constitution prohibits a State Government from contributing to the election expenses of any candidate or aspirant.

The Electoral Act Section 91 (90 of the Code of conduct for Political Parties and Elections limits individual donations and contributions to a maximum of N1m.

Electoral Act, Section 91 of the Act criminalizes contravention of limitation on election expenses. A Presidential Candidate who knowingly contravenes it is liable to a maximum fine of N1, 000,000.00 or imprisonment for a period of12 months or both.

http://thenationonlineng.net/new/naira-rain-pdp-raises-billions-jonathan/
APC is finished because you dont run election with only bad mouth.
Re: Naira Rain As PDP Raises Billions For Jonathan. by mazzi: 7:36am On Dec 21, 2014
wengerjay:
This woman called Shagaya is among the cabals under Jonathan govt.Her close relationship to patience Jonathan has earned her billions of dollars.
General Buhari did nt spend billions of naira in 2011 and yet he stil had 12 million votes.
Lets wait and see.
Even the Dangotes and Otedolas cant come out openly to donate this time around because they are stil studying the situations on ground.
and when they make it public now people like u will be calling 4 their heads.ave u asked ursef why people like emeka ofor,author eze,ibeto,ifeanyi uba,elumelu and the rest never made public donation?oga,otedola and dangote ave already paid their dues in the secret.
Re: Naira Rain As PDP Raises Billions For Jonathan. by Madu100t(m): 7:37am On Dec 21, 2014
[quote author=retepmurt post=29066696]The Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) last night flexed its financial muscle ahead of next year’s polls as stakeholders poured in money for the prosecution of the elections.

Donors at the fund raising ceremony held in Abuja included the various sectors of the economy, PDP governors, businessmen/women and organizations.

A prominent business woman Bola Shagaya and her friends donated N5billion. An equal amount of N5billion came from friends of Professor Jerry Gana,chairman of the funds raising committee while the 21 PDP governors gave N1.05billion, while those who called themselves friends donated N3 billion.

Other high profile donors were construction sector with N310m, transport N1 billion, real estate N4b, the energy sector-N500million, PDP Rivers State stakeholders-N50million.

Others were food and agriculture N5b, Cifex N10m, power sector N500m , Shelter Development Limited N250m, Emzor N50m, the NDDC governing board N15m, auto sector N450m and PDP youth group N50m.

Present at the event were President Goodluck Jonathan, Vice President Namadi Sambo, Senate President David Mark, House of Representatives Deputy Speaker Emeka Ihedioha, PDP governors, Ministers, PDP National Chairman Adamu Muazu and the Chairman, Board of Trustees of the PDP, Chief Antony Anenih.

The ceremony was still in progress at press time. The huge donation according to the Electoral Act runs foul of the law. Section 221 of the 1999 Constitution prohibits a State Government from contributing to the election expenses of any candidate or aspirant.

The Electoral Act Section 91 (90 of the Code of conduct for Political Parties and Elections limits individual donations and contributions to a maximum of N1m.

Electoral Act, Section 91 of the Act criminalizes contravention of limitation on election expenses. A Presidential Candidate who knowingly contravenes it is liable to a maximum fine of N1, 000,000.00 or imprisonment for a period of12 months or both.

How can we progress as a nation wen one person is givn N5billion for just election even state treasury included
Re: Naira Rain As PDP Raises Billions For Jonathan. by qtx(m): 7:37am On Dec 21, 2014
Otenestbestyaho:
lol
Re: Naira Rain As PDP Raises Billions For Jonathan. by anigbajumo(m): 7:38am On Dec 21, 2014
C hw dy ar celebrating corruption wif mr president.wen did u c american donating huge amount like dis 4 obama to campaign 4 second term.....some mumu people gonna stil say oga jona till 2019...I rep GMB

1 Like

Re: Naira Rain As PDP Raises Billions For Jonathan. by mazzi: 7:41am On Dec 21, 2014
Must nationsnewspapper put curry and pepper in their news articles just to satisfy the interest of their pay master(tinubu)?shameless newspapper full of lies and propaganda.
Re: Naira Rain As PDP Raises Billions For Jonathan. by qtx(m): 7:42am On Dec 21, 2014
abdulworkforce:
It's crystal clear this administration lost direction long ago. Citizens are hungry and they're busy rolling out billions for elections. If actually they love Jonathan why won't they give Nigeria the money as a soft loan to fix some sector of our economy. God is watching
mention a country where there is no hunger in the whole wide world, dont be deceived, there will always be no matter who rules us. We must learn to do something with our hands and stop lazing about complaining of Govt not providing everything including coming to wash our clothes.
Just go through this https://www.nairaland.com/2054782/incredible-woman-story-nigerias-first
Re: Naira Rain As PDP Raises Billions For Jonathan. by ElDeeVee(m): 7:43am On Dec 21, 2014
All these money, and we r crying Nigeria is not good....All these politicians are a shame 2 humanity
Re: Naira Rain As PDP Raises Billions For Jonathan. by Abdulkareem407(m): 7:46am On Dec 21, 2014
Thieves everywhere... Chai... If GEj win 2015 does donnors go loot X5 of dat money... Jux imagine... Even PHCN dey donate N500m upon say we no get Light... Nigeria don suffer

1 Like

Re: Naira Rain As PDP Raises Billions For Jonathan. by ped007(m): 7:48am On Dec 21, 2014
iluvnaija:
PHCN donated N500million and una dey expect light? That part of the profit from N750/1000 fixed charges.

Una never see anything, if GEJ win 2015 there will be no light and you'll still pay for being in darkness for a month.
dude, it's the 'power sector' that made the donation.
Re: Naira Rain As PDP Raises Billions For Jonathan. by Stoical: 7:54am On Dec 21, 2014
Ijebulogic:
In Warfare...you dont always have to attack..just sit back and watch your opponent defeat himself. Why would C in C take advise to attend this illegal event?

So, you mean, C in C is no longer a party man?
Oh! He is not a candidate for an election?
Maybe, you feel it is illegal, the donations for an election.

Let me educate you a bit, even though the OP has tried to by citing various sections of the law as regards what you just read. GEJ or C in C as you call him has the right to source for fund to effectively pursue his re-election. As painful as it may be that we are crying for a better nation. It's still unfortunate that people/groups donating are the ones that will most likely reap from his govt, if he succeeds. See, because we like referring to the norms in other climes as a yard stick; I'll now say that Presido BO of the US did go from state to state for contribution towards his election, so please, use a better logic to look at things, even when you may oppose him and not Ijebu logic.

Well, I believe that some of those that claim groups are individual, circumventing the law to achieve their aim and a system like Nigeria's can't trace such funds. That's the bad part and I pray for an equal or a powerful house with opposition majority to come up from 2015, so as to get whoever wins as President to be on his toe or risk impeachment. That's my reply for your post!!!
Re: Naira Rain As PDP Raises Billions For Jonathan. by chamboy(m): 7:55am On Dec 21, 2014
wengerjay:
Lets wait and see.
As a matter of fact,the Dangotes and Otedolas vividly know that there will be a change of govt come 2015.
And they are known to be smart when it comes to political 'calculation'.
I pity them Buhari would Sly dem even Tinubu sef dey fear
Re: Naira Rain As PDP Raises Billions For Jonathan. by mfm04622: 8:01am On Dec 21, 2014
You are all forgetting something here! Under Nigerian laws, it is ILLEGAL for companies to donate to political parties or candidates! So all those companies that donated to the campaign have breached the laws. Hoping for a lawyer that will take up this fight to protect investors from this fraud!

1 Like

Re: Naira Rain As PDP Raises Billions For Jonathan. by savikzdsaga(m): 8:01am On Dec 21, 2014
GEJ what are u becoming na?.....breaking the law right in your presence na wa wo
Re: Naira Rain As PDP Raises Billions For Jonathan. by homesteady(m): 8:04am On Dec 21, 2014
they are just trying to cover up! it is our money GEJ and co stole that was shared among them so that they'll come and donate it!

1 Like

Re: Naira Rain As PDP Raises Billions For Jonathan. by Nobody: 8:04am On Dec 21, 2014
More reasons to vote these idiiots out of power. Yesterday I was amazed! and they were stupiid enough to broadcast it live to struggling Nigerians. To their unthinking selves,everything is about show-off to the APC. Awon Oloriburuku. History won't favour u. Your future generation will suffer the effects of your stu.pidity. The shame shall live with them forever.

please give jona d 12months as well as d fine.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Plateau Lists Fulani As A Major Ethnic Tribe In The State; Youths Protest / Summary Of Polling Unit Agents Submitted By Political Parties - INEC / Atiku Abubakar Receives Ooni Ogunwusi At His Home

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.