Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,894 members, 7,802,877 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:53 AM

Born In UK But Living In Nigeria - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Born In UK But Living In Nigeria (19475 Views)

I Want To Travel To Uk But I Don't Know About Travellin Stuff / For Those With Children Born In The European Union / Over 1 Million Nigerians Live In The Uk, But Are They Useful To Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Born In UK But Living In Nigeria by richietayo: 12:10pm On Dec 30, 2014
brother abeg no let ur blood hot ooooOOO @optimusprime2:......

thks for your assistance for far
Re: Born In UK But Living In Nigeria by drgbaks(f): 1:36pm On Dec 30, 2014
justwise:

How long did the person lived in the UK after birth?

5years.
Re: Born In UK But Living In Nigeria by drgbaks(f): 1:37pm On Dec 30, 2014
Lexusgs430:

Part of the benefits if he was presently in the UK, UKBA would not be chasing him all over the place !!!

Pardon my ignorance, but please what is UKBA?
Re: Born In UK But Living In Nigeria by Lexusgs430: 1:40pm On Dec 30, 2014
drgbaks:

Pardon my ignorance, but please what is UKBA?

United Kingdom Border Agency
Re: Born In UK But Living In Nigeria by drgbaks(f): 2:25pm On Dec 30, 2014
Lexusgs430:

United Kingdom Border Agency

So are you saying in essence is that he would have right of stay?
Re: Born In UK But Living In Nigeria by justwise(m): 2:28pm On Dec 30, 2014
drgbaks:

5years.

7yrs would have given you the opportunity for a stay,
Re: Born In UK But Living In Nigeria by drgbaks(f): 2:34pm On Dec 30, 2014
justwise:

7yrs would have given you the opportunity for a stay,

Ok. So does that mean such a person would be considered like a non-citizen if the person applies for a stay?

Also, what is the procedure if such a person wants to apply for a spousal visa?

Thank you very much JustWise and everyone else!
Re: Born In UK But Living In Nigeria by justwise(m): 2:49pm On Dec 30, 2014
drgbaks:

Ok. So does that mean such a person would be considered like a non-citizen if the person applies for a stay?

Also, what is the procedure if such a person wants to apply for a spousal visa?

Thank you very much JustWise and everyone else!

If a child is born in the UK and lived in the UK continuously for seven years then that child can apply for a stay...that also means that the parent can qualify for initial leave to remain for 30 months as a parent of that child.

Spouse visa application is like any other visa application...most importantly the sponsor has to meet the financial requirement (earning at least £18600) a year and proof that the marriage is genuine.
Re: Born In UK But Living In Nigeria by 2CatWoman: 6:55pm On Dec 30, 2014
richietayo:
But can such a person become a British Citizen/ own a British passport having being born after 1983 and his/her parents not having right of stay as at the time of birth?
This is exactly wat i wantd to find out............none of my parent had stay @ d time of my birth........

richietayo:

Hello Everyone,

Kindly assist with information about Nigerian born in the UK but brought back before the 1983 rule.

Thanks...........

Which is it?
Re: Born In UK But Living In Nigeria by tpia3396: 8:33pm On Dec 30, 2014
thought i noticed that earlier but i wasnt sure.
Re: Born In UK But Living In Nigeria by corneremperor: 9:39pm On Dec 30, 2014
This guy probably bought that birth certificate and wants to try his luck with it..he's just fishing for information. @Op, u will need other evidence of your birth in the UK, a birth certificate alone will not serve as evidence that you were born in the UK, and you only complicated the issue by putting "born in the UK" on your naija passport. Whoever advised you to do so has mislead you.

Your best chance is to go and get a new Nigerian passport without "born in the UK", then just apply for a visiting visa. Whatever you chose to do when you get there [if they give you the visa], is then up to you.

3 Likes

Re: Born In UK But Living In Nigeria by richietayo: 12:03pm On Dec 31, 2014
gbege!!!!........... hmmmmmmmmmmm
Re: Born In UK But Living In Nigeria by bookface: 2:32am On Jan 04, 2015
corneremperor:
This guy probably bought that birth certificate and wants to try his luck with it..he's just fishing for information. @Op, u will need other evidence of your birth in the UK, a birth certificate alone will not serve as evidence that you were born in the UK, and you only complicated the issue by putting "born in the UK" on your naija passport. Whoever advised you to do so has mislead you.
Your best chance is to go and get a new Nigerian passport without "born in the UK", then just apply for a visiting visa. Whatever you chose to do when you get there [if they give you the visa], is then up to you.

Looks like you are spot on. The OP appears suspicious. In the very least, i would have thought he would be putting the minimal effort into digging up further evidence of his birth in the UK. It appears however, that the OP is looking for some untested "shortcuts" - such things only end up really bad in the end.

@OP - If your case is genuine, then do the needful. As advised, present further evidence of your birth in the UK. The least thing you could do is to email the hospital of your birth and ask them for further confirmation through birth records.

However, if you are only looking for criminally driven shortcuts, you should be reminded that Immigration officials are specifically trained to identify crooks. They have handled much more complex cases, your chances of getting through is zilch!
Re: Born In UK But Living In Nigeria by aleeypanda: 6:06am On Jan 04, 2015
According to me You read the rules of British citizens ,because they are very strict in citizenship so please dont trust anybody statement just read the rules and regulations !I suggest you read the latest rules of united kingdom !
Re: Born In UK But Living In Nigeria by richietayo: 11:32am On Jan 05, 2015
hmmmmmmm.............
Re: Born In UK But Living In Nigeria by richietayo: 11:33am On Jan 05, 2015
i aint no fraudster o ......and my case is geniue for those having doubt......its just that its just too complex..unlike other cases i have seen
Re: Born In UK But Living In Nigeria by richietayo: 5:56pm On Jan 08, 2015
@justwise may i have your contact
Re: Born In UK But Living In Nigeria by justwise(m): 9:23am On Jan 09, 2015
richietayo:
@justwise may i have your contact

I'm a fan of open discussion as far as nairaland and visa issue are concerned.
Re: Born In UK But Living In Nigeria by Tats(m): 12:08pm On Jan 09, 2015
The OP has said that his parents were not citizens but has not given any information of what his parents were doing in the UK at the time of his birth. Note that their status at that time doesn't matter.

The OP has also not stated:
- How long he and his parents lived in the UK after his Birth
- When he or his parents returned to Nigeria and what documents they used to return.
- if his parents still have records of their stay in the UK (including passports)
- Any pictures of their stay in the UK

Without all this information, I don't know how you can progress on this issue.
Re: Born In UK But Living In Nigeria by 2CatWoman: 1:18pm On Jan 09, 2015
^^OP is either not genuine or just wants an easy solution. I gave him links to the website but he hasn't come back with any specific questions.

E.g. Is there any way one can obtain the full certificate from Nigeria?
Re: Born In UK But Living In Nigeria by bebe2(f): 5:12pm On Jan 11, 2015
Lexusgs430:

Do you have baby pictures, list of nurseries or schools attended, certificates from schools (all UK documentations)?
Details and certificates of your parents stay in the UK ?
If you don't, it's going to be more complicated than you think.
No point applying for a UK visa, if you are genuinely a British Subject.
Go and do some digging, and get as much documents as possible of your life, while in the UK.
[/b]NB: Hopefully, no one has impersonated in the UK and collected a British passport with your details !!! (If they have, this case just got very very very complicated).
[b]

Exactly wat happened to my niece,

she only found out when she was in her twenties and was trying to relocate frm naija to uk.
Re: Born In UK But Living In Nigeria by marylandcakes: 9:28pm On Jan 11, 2015
Op if you were born in the UK before 1983 and your parents were not diplomats as long as you some little proof you will get a British passport

Did you say you stayed five years before returning? If so then you would have some photos, your nurserry school. Your red health book or NHS number.
Documental evidence of your return to Nigeria, (tickets and passports)
Evidence of work or schooling for your parents while they were in the UK ( payslips, health records, rent details)
Your parents most likely will called to attend the interview with you.

But why did you leave it too late ? Just pray that no one is using your details in the UK but as long as they can prove your identity, it might take a bit longer but you will get it in the end. Just stick to the facts and the truth.

Good luck.

1 Like

Re: Born In UK But Living In Nigeria by OGIYEN: 11:20am On Jan 15, 2015
OGIYEN:
nice thread o,pls ma for a child dat will b born nw in the uk ,what are d advantages pls.tanks
2CatWoman:
OP, if you already have a Nigerian passport stating your place of birth and a birth certificate then you can just go ahead and apply for a uk passport online. You can do this yourself without paying any intermediary.

https://www.gov.uk/apply-first-adult-passport

Read through and follow the instructions and if all goes well you should collect your passport. in about 14 weeks.

nice thread o,pls ma for a child dat will b born nw in the uk wit a visitin visa,den gets d birth certificate,what are d advantages pls.tanks will appreciate a sisterly advice.
Re: Born In UK But Living In Nigeria by Lexusgs430: 11:42am On Jan 15, 2015
OGIYEN:
nice thread o,pls ma for a child dat will b born nw in the uk wit a visitin visa,den gets d birth certificate,what are d advantages pls.tanks will appreciate a sisterly advice.

What year was the child born ? Assuming the 'now' in your question means now, the child gets his or her citizenship from its mother.
As you had a visiting visa @ the time of birth, the child was born in the United Kingdom, but is not a British Citizen. So unfortunately, you would have to apply for a Nigerian Passport(assuming the mother is a Nigerian).
Re: Born In UK But Living In Nigeria by OGIYEN: 12:57pm On Jan 15, 2015
Pls all kindly advice ,what is d advantage of a child born in d uk den returned 2mnths after birth ,I knw d child can't apply for british passport because both parents don't have status there,but what other way can dat child get any advantage with his birthcertificate and if he wants to return back what can d parents do. Then someone said he can apply for naturalisation wen he is 18 with some few documents involved hw true is dis? If true what are dis documents. Tanks will appreciate evry detailed and genuie info

1 Like

Re: Born In UK But Living In Nigeria by OGIYEN: 1:02pm On Jan 15, 2015
Lexusgs430:

What year was the child born ? Assuming the 'now' in your question means now, the child gets his or her citizenship from its mother.
As you had a visiting visa @ the time of birth, the child was born in the United Kingdom, but is not a British Citizen. So unfortunately, you would have to apply for a Nigerian Passport(assuming the mother is a Nigerian).
ok,yes I mean nw,am nt talkin of citizenship,can dat child return to d uk and school presentin is certificate or at is 18yrs apply for naturalisation
Re: Born In UK But Living In Nigeria by richietayo: 5:59pm On Jan 15, 2015
datz a similar case Scenario @OGIYEN
Re: Born In UK But Living In Nigeria by OGIYEN: 8:20pm On Jan 15, 2015
richietayo:
datz a similar case Scenario @OGIYEN
@ richietayo similar scenario for a child born in nov 2014?
Re: Born In UK But Living In Nigeria by richietayo: 7:57am On Jan 16, 2015
nt sure......just saying d description u gave is similar to my case
Re: Born In UK But Living In Nigeria by OGIYEN: 9:43am On Jan 16, 2015
richietayo:
nt sure......just saying d description u gave is similar to my case
ok
Re: Born In UK But Living In Nigeria by 2CatWoman: 2:06pm On Jan 16, 2015
OGIYEN:

I'm not an immigration expert and all the information I've provided come from the official UK government website but as far as I can see the child will not automatically be eligible for a UK pasport. I hope all the maternity bills were settled on leaving and you didn't overstay as this can affect future applications, no offence.
Re: Born In UK But Living In Nigeria by OGIYEN: 10:53am On Jan 17, 2015
2CatWoman:

I'm not an immigration expert and all the information I've provided come from the official UK government website but as far as I can see the child will not automatically be eligible for a UK pasport. I hope all the maternity bills were settled on leaving and you didn't overstay as this can affect future applications, no offence.

tanks so much, pls if I need an immigration expert advice how do I get one?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

41 Killed After Russian Plane Catches Fire (Photos,Video) / A Nairalander Visit To The Historic Cardiff Castle / DANA Airline Conveys Passengers From Lagos To Abuja Leaving Their Luggage Behind

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.