Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,296 members, 7,808,007 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:39 AM

Please What's The Meaning Of Osibanjo? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Please What's The Meaning Of Osibanjo? (9174 Views)

Caption This Picture Of Amaechi Buhari And Osibanjo / See Bad Shocking Photos Of Osibanjo With Baby Victim Of Boko Haram Bombing / APC Fund Raiser For Buhari and Osibanjo Last Night (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Please What's The Meaning Of Osibanjo? by Citadelbot: 1:30pm On Dec 21, 2014
[s]
customized13:
I guess the correct spelling is osinbajo not osibanjo.

Osinbajo should mean "nonsense is dancing with him" if the O is pronounced like its in Oat. undecided
[/s]

Nwabekeyi, Go and sleep if you have no work to do. Rubbish

1 Like

Re: Please What's The Meaning Of Osibanjo? by orimsamsam(m): 1:35pm On Dec 21, 2014
Acidosis:

na real evil name.

Everything about that man look sooooo odd.

He is sooo un-presidential; talk about the very brief height, Tinubu's cell-phone carrier, etc.

I believe he'll do better teaching Theology at Redeemed Seminary at Lagos-Ibadan express-way.
. You are a big idiot. Guess you are nt a yoruba. Or can u tell me the meaning of buruji kashamu

1 Like

Re: Please What's The Meaning Of Osibanjo? by Hero10001: 1:41pm On Dec 21, 2014
tollu:
Osi pronounced Oshi O as in Orange means lord of a clan/family.
Bajo means back from a journey
Osi bajo means the lord of this clan is back from a journey.
Re: Please What's The Meaning Of Osibanjo? by orimsamsam(m): 1:44pm On Dec 21, 2014
Op. Let me congratulate you on ur stupidity. I guess you are nt a yoruba and so you are nt entitle to make mockery of a yoruba name just because he is in the opposition party. . I ask u again. Tell me the meaning of buruji,

4 Likes

Re: Please What's The Meaning Of Osibanjo? by Hero10001: 1:50pm On Dec 21, 2014
[quote author=tollu post=29074056]Osi pronounced Oshi O as in Orange means lord of a clan/family.
Osi bajo means the lord of this clan is back from a journey.[/quote

3 Likes

Re: Please What's The Meaning Of Osibanjo? by favourmic(m): 1:54pm On Dec 21, 2014
wazoboy:
"Osibanjo" = "Osi ba mijo" = poverty fits me
I may be wrong though grin

so sad u dont remember to complete your drugs.... as you said poverty fits you... stupid
Re: Please What's The Meaning Of Osibanjo? by HzRF(m): 2:03pm On Dec 21, 2014
berem:
You're a yoruba man and you don't know the meaning of Osinbajo? Shame on you!

Woe betide any mod who moves this thread to front page
Seun rule no2
If you don't ban berem I swear problems facing ghana economy go junior........

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please What's The Meaning Of Osibanjo? by Nobody: 2:06pm On Dec 21, 2014
^^^ who is this fool disturbing my mentions? You dey craze?

1 Like

Re: Please What's The Meaning Of Osibanjo? by Adminisher: 2:13pm On Dec 21, 2014
wazoboy:
"Osibanjo" = "Osi ba mijo" = poverty fits me
I may be wrong though grin

You are very wrong and being shallow.

The name is from "Osin-bo-ajo" meaning "The family diety has returned after a long journey".

Please try to cultivate depth in everything. Regarding this name most people convert it to something like "Olubajo" when they become born again Christian which is not relevant because the "OSIN" (pronounced aw-shin) is actually the forebears' conception of God almighty before Christianity came.

2 Likes

Re: Please What's The Meaning Of Osibanjo? by Desola(f): 2:43pm On Dec 21, 2014
Hero10001:

May the gods increase your insight bro.
Tis this type of Op, that meets President Obama, Bush, Churchill, Wolfgang, Hazard, Hell, etc and ask the foolish question and yet won't be satisfied with the answer.
*NoOffence*
My surname is "Osinuga" though.

Omo alare.

Kare oluku mi. grin

Tollu was absolutely spot on!

3 Likes

Re: Please What's The Meaning Of Osibanjo? by HopeAtHand: 3:13pm On Dec 21, 2014
Osinbajo means person wey sabi chance person.

If in doubt, ask Amaechi.

2 Likes

Re: Please What's The Meaning Of Osibanjo? by Kenai: 3:16pm On Dec 21, 2014
I believe the name is O-S-I-N-B-A-J-O.
Re: Please What's The Meaning Of Osibanjo? by Hero10001: 3:41pm On Dec 21, 2014
Desola:

Omo alare.

Kare oluku mi. grin

Tollu was absolutely spot on!
Thanks babe..
Happy Christmas in advance.
:-D
Re: Please What's The Meaning Of Osibanjo? by iamord(m): 3:43pm On Dec 21, 2014
HzRF:
Seun rule no2
If you don't ban berem I swear problems facing nigeria economy go junior........
Re: Please What's The Meaning Of Osibanjo? by Nobody: 4:18pm On Dec 21, 2014
Adminisher:

You are very wrong and being shallow.

The name is from "Osin-bo-ajo" meaning "The family diety has returned after a long journey".

Please try to cultivate depth in everything. Regarding this name most people convert it to something like "Olubajo" when they become born again Christian which is not relevant because the "OSIN" (pronounced aw-shin) is actually the forebears' conception of God almighty before Christianity came.
I see, it is the corrupter of the name that turned it to something else! Just as they turned "Akun re" to Akure.
Re: Please What's The Meaning Of Osibanjo? by 2prexios: 4:18pm On Dec 21, 2014
tollu:
May God bless your wit. Oshin is the same as osi, it means one who has become exposed to the sun and become sheen by it. To be darkened by the sun. Meanwhile, an ancient Yoruba empress endowed us the term: you can feel it in Ogun laka aye, Oshin mole. This has once been royal title with Yoruba, before they switch to Oba. Remember the folktale 'Igbin p'abuke Oshin, Oba da igbin l'ola'

1 Like

Re: Please What's The Meaning Of Osibanjo? by Desola(f): 5:45pm On Dec 21, 2014
2prexios:
May God bless your wit. Oshin is the same as osi, it means one who has become exposed to the sun and become sheen by it. To be darkened by the sun. Meanwhile, an ancient Yoruba empress endowed us the term: you can feel it in Ogun laka aye, Oshin mole. This has once been royal title with Yoruba, before they switch to Oba. Remember the folktale 'Igbin p'abuke Oshin, Oba da igbin l'ola'

Oshin and Osi have different pronunciation though.
Re: Please What's The Meaning Of Osibanjo? by Acidosis(m): 6:35pm On Dec 21, 2014
major466:

Actually am not surprised. Looking at Buhari's face alone is enough to make Nigerians poor.
And they call themselves progressives
grin grin

Many Nigerians will suffer if Buhari is elected the GCFR.
I pity Lecturers, Doctors, Johesu. All thanks to Jonathan for raising the minimum wage from N7000 to N18,000.
Re: Please What's The Meaning Of Osibanjo? by 2prexios: 8:24pm On Dec 21, 2014
Desola:

Oshin and Osi have different pronunciation though.

Yes you are absolutely right.

Oshin is what happens when you radiate in spite of tanning effect of the sun.
On the other hand, Osi is when someone become pale and lack luster after sunburn.

Oshin is to appear beautiful after staying in hot climate, while Osi it to appear poor afterwards.

So the Yoruba will say, o ti si, to mean he has lost the sheen of the skin.

1 Like

Re: Please What's The Meaning Of Osibanjo? by Desola(f): 8:52pm On Dec 21, 2014
2prexios:

Yes you are absolutely right.

Oshin is what happens when you radiate in spite of tanning effect of the sun.
On the other hand, Osi is when someone become pale and lack luster after sunburn.

Oshin is to appear beautiful after staying in hot climate, while Osi it to appear poor afterwards.

So the Yoruba will say, o ti si, to mean he has lost the sheen of the skin.

I don't think your explanation applies to this name.

Ijebu people please teach this person o, I don tire.
Re: Please What's The Meaning Of Osibanjo? by 2prexios: 6:34am On Dec 22, 2014
Desola:

I don't think your explanation applies to this name.
Ijebu people please teach this person o, I don tire.
I am sorry. No cause for alarm.

1 Like

Re: Please What's The Meaning Of Osibanjo? by itstpia100: 6:54am On Dec 22, 2014
I guess identifying the root word is what is necessary here.

Is the root word njo like in obasanjo, or what exactly?

Where is he from?
Re: Please What's The Meaning Of Osibanjo? by whitecat2: 7:03am On Dec 22, 2014
Clearly, you are not Yoruba!
Firefire:

God forbid,

Oshi

Osi

Iyaa

Iponju

all relative grin
Re: Please What's The Meaning Of Osibanjo? by Firefire(m): 7:04am On Dec 22, 2014
whitecat2:

ok sir.

I am from Sudan grin

Good morning. tongue
Re: Please What's The Meaning Of Osibanjo? by whitecat2: 7:05am On Dec 22, 2014
You are an imbecillle!
Acidosis:
If you are a yoruba man or woman and you avoid this thread; I say SHAME ON YOU.

I need answers please

1 Like

Re: Please What's The Meaning Of Osibanjo? by itstpia100: 7:05am On Dec 22, 2014
Hero10001:

May the gods increase your insight bro.
Tis this type of Op, that meets President Obama, Bush, Churchill, Wolfgang, Hazard, Hell, etc and ask the foolish question and yet won't be satisfied with the answer.
*NoOffence*
My surname is "Osinuga" though.

Ok, somebody asked for your surname?
Re: Please What's The Meaning Of Osibanjo? by Citadelbot: 7:08am On Dec 22, 2014
whitecat2:

Only fools will believe that dishonest guy is Yoruba. Never seen someone that lie that much in my life, he lies more than all this politicians he is defending. Real shame!
Re: Please What's The Meaning Of Osibanjo? by whitecat2: 7:16am On Dec 22, 2014
Little girl, if you are Yoruba with elders at home, you willl know that 'Oshinbajo' means 'a deity has returned' but because you are not Yoruba, it could mean 'peanuts from jonathan is making firefire lose his mind'. Oponu ayerada!
Firefire:

ok sir.

I am from Sudan grin

Good morning. tongue

1 Like

Re: Please What's The Meaning Of Osibanjo? by AdeniyiA(m): 7:22am On Dec 22, 2014
customized13:
I guess the correct spelling is osinbajo not osibanjo.

Osinbajo should mean "nonsense is dancing with him" if the O is pronounced like its in Oat. undecided
you must be from Ibadan,
ki ni so re??
Re: Please What's The Meaning Of Osibanjo? by Firefire(m): 7:23am On Dec 22, 2014
whitecat2:
Little girl, if you are Yoruba with elders at home, you willl know that 'Oshinbajo' means 'a deity has returned' but because you are not Yoruba, it could mean 'peanuts from jonathan is making firefire lose his mind'. Oponu ayerada!

Broda mi, eebu yi po ju now, o se aro Monday ooo undecided
Re: Please What's The Meaning Of Osibanjo? by Nobody: 7:26am On Dec 22, 2014
In Igbo osibanjo means " he has started cooking ugliness"

You asked for the meaning you didn't specify

O means he or she
Si ba means to cook
Njo means ugly or ugliness
Re: Please What's The Meaning Of Osibanjo? by Pataki: 7:27am On Dec 22, 2014
tollu:

Kaare omo mi dada. I surely taught you well. cool

Meanwhile, what is wrong with your WhatsApp ehn?! angry

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Umahi Dissolves His Cabinet, Relocates Major Markets / I Will Fulfill My Promises – President Buhari / What Is Your Favorite Quote From A Nigerian?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.