Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,520 members, 7,808,898 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:56 PM

5 Most Important Appliances Every Nigerian Student Should Have - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 5 Most Important Appliances Every Nigerian Student Should Have (24180 Views)

5 Questions Every Student Should Answer / 10 Life Lessons Every Nigerian Student Should Know Before Graduating From School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Most Important Appliances Every Nigerian Student Should Have by pico4421: 11:06am On Dec 21, 2014
AFTER our survey and research, we have come to the conclusion of what every Nigeria students in higher tertiary education on the needs for a select appliances and devices they should have. read full info at nigeriaschool.com.ng If you have just been admitted into a higher institution in Nigeria and probably the only stuffs you have in your to-do list are cartons of noodles, foodstuffs, clothes, etc?! You need to think again, what are you going to do in school? Think! No doubt, setting foot in higher institution as a student, you will need some gadgets, devices and appliances that will be useful to you all throughout your stay in the school.

1. Reading Lamps You can tell who is a real student if they have reading lamp! Every students should be ready to study! What better way to show your readiness to study than a reading lamp? We are in Nigeria, and Power supply is very poor. How much is Reading Lamp? It cost from N1,500.00 to N3,000.00. It is cheap and every student should own one! You can buy it at any bus-stop or buy it online at konga.

2. Pressing iron You are address the way you dress. Looking smart is good business! Every student should or probably MUST have a stand-by electric pressing iron for the business of looking smart. You don’t want to go school looking like someone who came from poverty stricken home. Even if your first name is Poverty, do you want to announce it to the world? Sometimes I see some students with ruffled clothes, and I wonder why? I ask myself why? If you cannot afford a a Pressing Iron, why not start borrowing? No, you can afford it and it is CHEAP. You can buy Electric Pressing Iron from N1,500 to N7,000.00 – You can also buy it online and get it shipped to your home

3.. Laptop – Personal Computer/ The Laptop is a MUST have device for every student, and if you are wondering why it is so, give me a second to explain it to you. A Laptop Computer is a multi-purpose device and can be used to research on projects for school or leisure, you can use your Laptop to watch educational videos, or burn important documents. You can also use it to watch films, listen to music or play games – Now that it is legal to rip CDs. you can use it as well. And if you have a printer, now that is a booming business in Nigeria Universities. If you are in a department where you have crazy lecturers that gives term paper every other week, you can start printing papers upon papers for your course-mates. If you are looking for cheap laptops for sale/buy in Nigeria, then the best place is to buy it online, you can buy a Laptop from N40,000.00 (forty thousand naira) to N200,000.00. Unlike before where you need upto N200,000.00 to buy a laptop, you can now get quality cheap computer/laptop for less than N40.000.00

4.An internet enabled smart phone Almost every students own a smartphones, but a selected few rather stick to feature phones which are cool if they can access the internet, but it should be noted that you learn new words every time and what better and easier way to check their meanings than through the internet and/or a dictionary app on the phone? You can also use your mobile phone to access TV, to get latest news… -

5..A Tape Recorder You will hardly see students with tape recorders, if you ask me, this is one of the most gadget every student should have. Some lectures form the habits of dictating without give rooms to catch their breath, the tape recorder can come handy in such cases/scenarios. Although it does not come cheap, you can buy one for N16,000.00 (Sixteen thousand naira), if you are parent reading this, and you have the money, why not invest in your child/children? The returns are worth the price. Trust me! Sony Series MP3 Digital Voice IC Recorder comes with 4GB flash memory and you can buy it online.
Source: http://unnedu..com/2014/12/5-most-important-appliances-every.html

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Most Important Appliances Every Nigerian Student Should Have by Nobody: 11:18am On Dec 21, 2014
yea,true
Re: 5 Most Important Appliances Every Nigerian Student Should Have by JOETYNO: 11:29am On Dec 21, 2014
I gat all except that Tape Recorder

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Most Important Appliances Every Nigerian Student Should Have by Fash20: 12:49pm On Dec 21, 2014
I only need 4 primary things vis
1. My Eyes,Hands,Ears and Brain
2. My Legs(legedisbenz)
3. My Books
4. My pen
The rest are secondary things.

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Most Important Appliances Every Nigerian Student Should Have by widowhusband: 2:18pm On Dec 21, 2014
Fash20, thank goodness he said should not must have, if not i for go back go write jamb again, burn this other certificate.

1 Like

Re: 5 Most Important Appliances Every Nigerian Student Should Have by Lordmykel(m): 2:20pm On Dec 21, 2014
You say a laptop is a must have? 100% of students here dont keep laptops.

I mean student here at covenant university. embarassed

2 Likes

Re: 5 Most Important Appliances Every Nigerian Student Should Have by cynthia3d(f): 2:20pm On Dec 21, 2014
Yea true talk

1 Like

Re: 5 Most Important Appliances Every Nigerian Student Should Have by Nobody: 2:21pm On Dec 21, 2014
Books, books and a library card.

But, still a very good list.

PS. For any student reading this.....you can get a good [color=#000099]AWANGO solar powered lamp from your nearest TOTAL filling station , prices ranging from N3000-N6000. They work well.....even me a graduate uses one.[/color]

Link here

P.S I do not work for TOTALFINAELF in any capacity!

1 Like

Re: 5 Most Important Appliances Every Nigerian Student Should Have by bright007(f): 2:21pm On Dec 21, 2014
k
Re: 5 Most Important Appliances Every Nigerian Student Should Have by Bryan12(m): 2:21pm On Dec 21, 2014
A blackberry,a nokia torch and a laptop

2 Likes

Re: 5 Most Important Appliances Every Nigerian Student Should Have by frankmoney(m): 2:21pm On Dec 21, 2014
garri .....very necessary

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Most Important Appliances Every Nigerian Student Should Have by roqrules04(m): 2:21pm On Dec 21, 2014
So what happens if dey don't have them
Re: 5 Most Important Appliances Every Nigerian Student Should Have by condralbede(m): 2:22pm On Dec 21, 2014
Fact...all good
Re: 5 Most Important Appliances Every Nigerian Student Should Have by Onlinebizexpert(m): 2:22pm On Dec 21, 2014
You also need a

Girlfriend

To pass out stress grin

5 Likes

Re: 5 Most Important Appliances Every Nigerian Student Should Have by mistabiola: 2:22pm On Dec 21, 2014
On point cheesy
Re: 5 Most Important Appliances Every Nigerian Student Should Have by Nikky7: 2:23pm On Dec 21, 2014
Very true......back then pressing iron was d 1st tin I bought even b4 getting admission hahahahah

2 Likes

Re: 5 Most Important Appliances Every Nigerian Student Should Have by TheRealCoolHunK: 2:23pm On Dec 21, 2014
Items 1 and 2 shouldn't be needful for studying in the 21st century. In a functional society, that is.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 5 Most Important Appliances Every Nigerian Student Should Have by nymphomaniac(m): 2:23pm On Dec 21, 2014
av got a laptop for my project...the most important is the iron cos I need my shirts properly pressed after starching due to the nature of my course of study. I don't have a lamp cos I don't read at a night...I CNT do without an internet enabled phone with bbm....lastly, every student needs weedsdom and ps3 to ease stress and as earlier stated, a gf. NB I don't use the last mentioned 3

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Most Important Appliances Every Nigerian Student Should Have by Lero15(m): 2:23pm On Dec 21, 2014
U need GARRI

The surest fast food!

Garri saving lives since 1800

3 Likes

Re: 5 Most Important Appliances Every Nigerian Student Should Have by johnwizey: 2:24pm On Dec 21, 2014
Nd a ready backup incase any lecturer Bleep up

1 Like

Re: 5 Most Important Appliances Every Nigerian Student Should Have by ToyozzieTohBad(f): 2:24pm On Dec 21, 2014
ok
Re: 5 Most Important Appliances Every Nigerian Student Should Have by nymphomaniac(m): 2:24pm On Dec 21, 2014
TheRealCoolHunK:
Items 1 and 2 shouldn't needed to study in the 21st century. In a functional society, that is.
true!
Re: 5 Most Important Appliances Every Nigerian Student Should Have by thefakestan: 2:24pm On Dec 21, 2014
This is the latest trend on FP

5 type of this, 10 kinds of this,
5 types of that.

HMMM

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Most Important Appliances Every Nigerian Student Should Have by Nobody: 2:25pm On Dec 21, 2014
Onlinebizexpert:
You also need a

Girlfriend

To pass out stress grin

Actually, you need a friend and/or a mentor....could be any sex....who would advise you and tell you where you are going wrong.

Romance can come later (but not too later!)
Re: 5 Most Important Appliances Every Nigerian Student Should Have by TheRealCoolHunK: 2:26pm On Dec 21, 2014
nymphomaniac:
true!
Re-quote me, please: grammar.
Re: 5 Most Important Appliances Every Nigerian Student Should Have by TRADELYN: 2:26pm On Dec 21, 2014
A calculalor and electronic dictionary ko?

Ok, ensure you have it on your phone/laptop.
.............. .............. ................
Are you in need of advice for your school project?
Contact the Experts in Research Projects, Business Plans, Sales/Marketing, etc on 0708 860 8914, tradelyn@gmail.com.

Compliments!

1 Share

Re: 5 Most Important Appliances Every Nigerian Student Should Have by AdmiralISAAC(m): 2:27pm On Dec 21, 2014
A Bible/Quran

1 Like

Re: 5 Most Important Appliances Every Nigerian Student Should Have by henryobinna(m): 2:27pm On Dec 21, 2014
Fash20:
I only need 4 primary things vis
1. My Eyes,Hands,Ears and Brain
2. My Legs
3. My Books
4. My pen
The rest are secondary things.
if you dont have these things you listed are you a student?

the OP is talking about student

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Most Important Appliances Every Nigerian Student Should Have by Fash20: 2:28pm On Dec 21, 2014
widowhusband:
Fash20, thank goodness he said should not must have, if not i for go back go write jamb again, burn this other certificate.
grin
Re: 5 Most Important Appliances Every Nigerian Student Should Have by Igboboy59(m): 2:28pm On Dec 21, 2014
Nice idea ...........success

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

University Of Ibadan 2012/2013 Postgraduate Admission, Lets Meet Here / Katsina University Religious Regulation: An Illegality Taken Too Far / Kauna Usman Is Best Graduating Student In Pharmacology & Biotechnology

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.