Stats: 3,150,415 members, 7,808,481 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:37 PM

Lousy Performance Of 1999 Benz C Class And Below - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Lousy Performance Of 1999 Benz C Class And Below (1649 Views)

Information 1997-2000 Mecerdes C Class And 1999-2001 Bmw 323i / Which One Wins?: BENZ C Class Vs BMW 3 Series / Mercedes Benz C-Class 2001 Vs 2005 Honda Accord (2) (3) (4)

Lousy Performance Of 1999 Benz C Class And Below by 9japride(m): 1:48pm On Dec 21, 2014
I've noticed these days on the high way, slow performance of year 1999 and below benz c class model especially d C230 kompressor. Even a pincato dust it on high way or is it that most benz c class drivers are learners? I'm just wondering, though I love d car. Any anwers?
Re: Lousy Performance Of 1999 Benz C Class And Below by GAZZUZZ(m): 2:11pm On Dec 21, 2014
9japride:
I've noticed these days on the high way, slow performance of year 1999 and below benz c class model especially d C230 kompressor. Even a pincato dust it on high way or is it that most benz c class drivers are learners? I'm just wondering, though I love d car. Any anwers?

www.nairaland.com/attachments/1913943_15493637815269385703614161790837893145054n_jpegdad411f40168245085304e5103812716

Re: Lousy Performance Of 1999 Benz C Class And Below by Absoj(m): 2:13pm On Dec 21, 2014
Not true, get to Abuja-Lokoja highway that's. When u see them showing forth their glory. I believe the ones u've been seeing are just threading softly given the nature of our roads-pot holes. But come and see 'us' on the Kaduna - Abuja - Lkj- Ondo state(ore) to Lagos...never a dull moment with the Supercharger at full capacity.

Re: Lousy Performance Of 1999 Benz C Class And Below by ZIMDRILL(m): 2:27pm On Dec 21, 2014
9japride:

the problem is you

you want to see those cars going faster when the people driving them are maintaining a safe speed that is comfortable with them

Re: Lousy Performance Of 1999 Benz C Class And Below by Nobody: 3:35pm On Dec 21, 2014
9japride:

Never underestimate the performance capability of a small rear wheel driven supercharged vehicle, especially one intentionally designed for high speed cruising for extended periods.

I don't even think I'd drag speed with any car lately because even that small old beetle might be a sleeper car with some serious modification beneath the skin, if you wanna show yourself GOD helps you if the driver is a willing and daring driver, you'll eat his dust and smell his burnt rubber.
Re: Lousy Performance Of 1999 Benz C Class And Below by 9japride(m): 4:14pm On Dec 21, 2014
@ Gazzuzz u r funny @Absoj, Zimdrill and Lomomike I hv seen a lot of benz c class of that year on kaduna-abuja road which is one of d smoothest highway in Nigeria falling my hand. They r dam too slow for my likening. Ever since I hv been traveling up north its just a handful of them that hv overtaken me.
Re: Lousy Performance Of 1999 Benz C Class And Below by Nobody: 4:45pm On Dec 21, 2014
9japride:
@ Gazzuzz u r funny @Absoj, Zimdrill and Lomomike I hv seen a lot of benz c class of that year on kaduna-abuja road which is one of d smoothest highway in Nigeria falling my hand. They r dam too slow for my likening. Ever since I hv been traveling up north its just a handful of them that hv overtaken me.

This is a W202 C200 which is a 2.0L i4 engine
Churning 134bhp
And Not a C230 which churns 190bhp.
Can picanto try this?

Re: Lousy Performance Of 1999 Benz C Class And Below by praxisnetworks: 4:55pm On Dec 21, 2014
9japride:
Pinka what Oga go sleep again am sure you had a bad dream...picanto ko sportage ni

Re: Lousy Performance Of 1999 Benz C Class And Below by Nobody: 5:01pm On Dec 21, 2014
9japride:

Op I suspect there are some characters in your village who don't want you around in 2015 or else you won't be comparing that tinder box to a Mercedes C class....or even try racing it in your right mind...

Re: Lousy Performance Of 1999 Benz C Class And Below by 9japride(m): 6:33pm On Dec 21, 2014
@ Lomomike even that c200 suppose try nah its performance should b higher than most cars on d high way @praxisnetworks yea I mean a pincato @ angels09 who no like bettere tin man just dey check him pocket
Re: Lousy Performance Of 1999 Benz C Class And Below by Nobody: 6:55pm On Dec 21, 2014
9japride:
@ Lomomike even that c200 suppose try nah its performance should b higher than most cars on d high way @praxisnetworks yea I mean a pincato @ angels09 who no like bettere tin man just dey check him pocket

The guy no know wetin 190hp mean. My highlander 2.4l is a 155hp car and it will thoroughly flog the picanto despite its weight, size and modest power. Na 190hp 230 with supercharger directing power to the rear him wan challenge. OP u no fear?
Re: Lousy Performance Of 1999 Benz C Class And Below by 9japride(m): 8:03pm On Dec 21, 2014
Yes I understand c230 kompressor is powerful even c200 but I want to knw why is that majority of those moidel are not fast on highway I am just wondering
Re: Lousy Performance Of 1999 Benz C Class And Below by Nobody: 8:32pm On Dec 21, 2014
9japride:
Yes I understand c230 kompressor is powerful even c200 but I want to knw why is that majority of those moidel are not fast on highway I am just wondering
Truth is that you're been ignored.by Mercedes enthusiasts.

Re: Lousy Performance Of 1999 Benz C Class And Below by Absoj(m): 9:17pm On Dec 21, 2014
angels09:

Truth is that you're been ignored.by Mercedes enthusiasts.
U just hit d nail on the head. Barely 3 mths ago,I travelled frm Kad to Lag conveying my whole family in my 99 C230K, my speed didn't exceed 120km/hr and occasionally,140km/h cos d essence of being responsible is depicted in how well we value the lives/safety of those we love. I felt the car panting and crying for speed but I didn't yield. My return trip was a different story entirely cos on arrival at KD, the car was 'smiiling'. When I opened the engine bay for troops stationed at d entrance of D main gate I could hear the engine idling away like a well fed baby deeply asleep in his cot.It sounded as if I just drove around kd town. But I 'm d only one who knows but only cannot find words to described the exploit of the car should I describe how the car overtook 4 dangote trucks in a row when other drivers were jitery and remained in the serpentine queue? Or how it dusted countless notorious siena and hummer buses without stress and even negotiated a sharp bend in kogi state at '140km/hr?... don't try dat with picanto pls, and don't try subject ur kia picanto engine to 160/170km/hr on a sustained 57minutes driive at such speed;Dont cos ur engine may not survive that's if u manage to survive it urself grin

Re: Lousy Performance Of 1999 Benz C Class And Below by 9japride(m): 1:27am On Dec 22, 2014
@ Absoj u r right. D car is superb its just that most people under utilize it. Family safety is important.

Honda Accord 97 Euro O2 Sensor / Chubby Anayo Ugorji Gets Brand New SUV From MMM As Wedding Gift / How Much Is The Frsc Speed Limiting Device?