Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,587 members, 7,809,124 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:17 AM

How Stable Was The Naira Under Gen. Buhari? - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Stable Was The Naira Under Gen. Buhari? (37662 Views)

Moderators: Pls Allow This Rebuttal To 'how Stable Was The Naira Under Buhari' / How Stable Was The Naira Under Gen. Buhari Part 2? / Explosive! How $2.8bn Disappeared From Midland Bank Under Gen. Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Stable Was The Naira Under Gen. Buhari? by oweman: 7:04pm On Dec 21, 2014
To the best of my recollection the naira was as stable as olumo rock even under ABACHA the naira never had this banging !

1 Like

Re: How Stable Was The Naira Under Gen. Buhari? by erico2k2(m): 7:04pm On Dec 21, 2014
Kirinwa:

I watched with dismay as Gej announced on a national tv that stealing is not corruption.
Now you got no clue have you? define stealing and define corruption,when a PHD holder makes a statement you have to reason B4 U challenge it.

1 Like

Re: How Stable Was The Naira Under Gen. Buhari? by bnovative(m): 7:05pm On Dec 21, 2014
nduchucks:

For me, %deprerciation is irrelevant in determining who the better manager is. In my books, if as a manager, your subordinates steal by the billions of naira with impunity through NNPC, Fuel Subsidy, ordering unauthorized bullet proof vehicles...the list goes on and on....then sir, that Oga at the top cannot be a better manager. Sir, this is who GEJ is, unfortunately, regardless of depreciation.
Well for me it does, what's the essence of data to a manager?
It may interest u to know that people who served in the buhari junta were equally as corrupt.
I Wii rather we agitate for strong government institutions, not personality.
Do u truly believe buhari can prosecute the corrupt politicians in apc? bearing in mind that this democracy, not military rule where the general ruled by fiat.

1 Like

Re: How Stable Was The Naira Under Gen. Buhari? by erico2k2(m): 7:09pm On Dec 21, 2014
Descartes:

Thanks for your observation.
But then again do you know the value of those exchange you gave as at 80s in more than or equivalent to what we have now going by the index? undecided
Please I need more clarifications smiley
Value of what?Im struggling to understand what you really wanna know, but i can say that these figures are had to come about hence Economists Forcast
Re: How Stable Was The Naira Under Gen. Buhari? by messo4331: 7:09pm On Dec 21, 2014
Check for highly advance laptop here now http:///dell-inspiron-15-3000-series-1335469
Re: How Stable Was The Naira Under Gen. Buhari? by DMerciful(m): 7:12pm On Dec 21, 2014
Guy,basis mathematics. % increase= change in price over original price.
erico2k2:

Guy dont repeat that mistake again,I assume all of us here are graduates or undergraduates and well educated, if you say something Increased from N60 to N100 it meant and increase by %40,its basic Pry 4 .N50 to N100 is an Increase by %50 hope U get the drift now?? keep up my friend keep up.
Re: How Stable Was The Naira Under Gen. Buhari? by erico2k2(m): 7:13pm On Dec 21, 2014
bnovative:

Well for me it does, what's the essence of data to a manager?
It may interest u to know that people who served in the buhari junta were equally as corrupt.
I Wii rather we agitate for strong government institutions, not personality.
Do u truly believe buhari can prosecute the corrupt politicians in apc? bearing in mind that this democracy, not military rule where the general ruled by fiat.
I agree with you, this is what I have been saying, it dosnt matter who rules,APC should have put foward a stronger candidate, no VOMIT

1 Like

Re: How Stable Was The Naira Under Gen. Buhari? by DMerciful(m): 7:14pm On Dec 21, 2014
Guy,basis mathematics. % increase= change in price over original price author=erico2k2 post=29084125]
Guy dont repeat that mistake again,I assume all of us here are graduates or undergraduates and well educated, if you say something Increased from N60 to N100 it meant and increase by %40,its basic Pry 4 .N50 to N100 is an Increase by %50 hope U get the drift now?? keep up my friend keep up.[/quote]
Re: How Stable Was The Naira Under Gen. Buhari? by erico2k2(m): 7:15pm On Dec 21, 2014
DMerciful:
Guy,basis mathematics. % increase= change in price over original price.
Ok U jst spoke in English lets speak Maths now I ask you if something U saw sack of garri @ N60 last month and this month its now N100, whats the %increase in price?
Re: How Stable Was The Naira Under Gen. Buhari? by Nobody: 7:17pm On Dec 21, 2014
Re: How Stable Was The Naira Under Gen. Buhari? by Nobody: 7:18pm On Dec 21, 2014
FastShipping:

Don't just come here and give us manufactured numbers. Show us prove showing the naira depreciated by 107% between 1983 and 1985. You cannot just manufacture number out of thin air. What was the exchange rate under Shagari administration? Don't just come here with half baked information and want people to believe your garbage economic data.

I am waiting for the data....

His lies has been busted here
https://www.nairaland.com/2055648/how-stable-naira-under-gen
Re: How Stable Was The Naira Under Gen. Buhari? by Nobody: 7:20pm On Dec 21, 2014
Firefire:

Let me try to help you... grin

During Buhari dollar went from 0.724 to 1.5 representing a 107% depreciation of the Naira!

GMB (1983-1985)
Before 0.724
After 1.5
107% Depreciation

GMB (2014)
Before 155.0
After 321.0
107% Depreciation (God forbid)

Bros your lies just got busted here
Re: How Stable Was The Naira Under Gen. Buhari? by Nobody: 7:22pm On Dec 21, 2014
rozayx5:
datolee the terror of barcanista and APC crew is back from the library shocked

Re: How Stable Was The Naira Under Gen. Buhari? by Jibnaf(m): 7:22pm On Dec 21, 2014
sukkot:
dunno. i had zero naira back then. was i even born ? oh yes i think i was lol

LoL
Re: How Stable Was The Naira Under Gen. Buhari? by Descartes: 7:25pm On Dec 21, 2014
Kirinwa:

Learn to understand that Nigerians are wiser now and won't swallow gabbage any further.

Gej has been given enough time to prove himself and its only logical and sensible to allow the people's general a chance to salvage whatever fragment is left.

24 hours power supply is possible under Buhari.

Story...story...story grin grin
Re: How Stable Was The Naira Under Gen. Buhari? by Descartes: 7:27pm On Dec 21, 2014
Martins301:

Busted by who? undecided

The same thread he entered you all pseudo economists scampered for safety undecided

1 Like

Re: How Stable Was The Naira Under Gen. Buhari? by Descartes: 7:29pm On Dec 21, 2014
erico2k2:

Value of what?Im struggling to understand what you really wanna know, but i can say that these figures are had to come about hence Economists Forcast

That's means it comes with an economic model?
Re: How Stable Was The Naira Under Gen. Buhari? by Nobody: 7:30pm On Dec 21, 2014
DMerciful:
Guy,basis mathematics. % increase= change in price over original price author=erico2k2 post=29084125]
Guy dont repeat that mistake again,I assume all of us here are graduates or undergraduates and well educated, if you say something Increased from N60 to N100 it meant and increase by %40,its basic Pry 4 .N50 to N100 is an Increase by %50 hope U get the drift now?? keep up my friend keep up.

You are so wrong. Abeg don't mention that you are a graduate o. If price move from N60 to N100 then the percentage increase is about 66.7% and an increase frm N50 to N100 is a 100% increase

Meanwhile the Op's lies has been busted here

1 Like

Re: How Stable Was The Naira Under Gen. Buhari? by Firefire(m): 7:31pm On Dec 21, 2014

1 Like

Re: How Stable Was The Naira Under Gen. Buhari? by Nobody: 7:34pm On Dec 21, 2014
Descartes:

Busted by who? undecided

The same thread he entered you all pseudo economists scampered for safety undecided

Busted by me. I havent seen any comment to disprove my finding so do visit and prove me wrong
Re: How Stable Was The Naira Under Gen. Buhari? by erico2k2(m): 7:36pm On Dec 21, 2014
Descartes:

That's means it comes with an economic model?
u can say that bro, cos this Economic Biz comes with 2many variables,U know in NIgeria we don't have Brains who derive sophisticated equations to bring about max profits unlike the western worlds.I as a single Individual have stolen such Model and applying it in my Biz back in Nigeria and its working cos i don't have to depend on FG just few of its policies would effect me speaking of just %10.
Re: How Stable Was The Naira Under Gen. Buhari? by Descartes: 7:39pm On Dec 21, 2014
erico2k2:

u can say that bro, cos this Economic Biz comes with 2many variables,U know in NIgeria we don't have Brains who derive sophisticated equations to bring about max profits unlike the western worlds.I as a single Individual have stolen such Model and applying it in my Biz back in Nigeria and its working cos i don't have to depend on FG just few of its policies would effect me speaking of just %10.

Are you sure of that?
Re: How Stable Was The Naira Under Gen. Buhari? by erico2k2(m): 7:40pm On Dec 21, 2014
Martins301:

You are so wrong. Abeg don't mention that you are a graduate o. If price move from N60 to N100 then the percentage increase is about 66.7% and an increase frm N50 to N100 is a 100% increase

Meanwhile the Op's lies has been busted here
Did U see my earliest post?
Re: How Stable Was The Naira Under Gen. Buhari? by erico2k2(m): 7:41pm On Dec 21, 2014
Descartes:

Are you sure of that?
yes Im sure, I have read loads of Economic Journal from our dear country but non of the bolded surfaced however Im not a mountain of knowledge if U got any info on that plz point me so i can add that to my knowledge.
Re: How Stable Was The Naira Under Gen. Buhari? by Descartes: 7:46pm On Dec 21, 2014
erico2k2:

yes Im sure, I have read loads of Economic Journal from our dear country but non of the bolded surfaced however Im not a mountain of knowledge if U got any info on that plz point me so i can add that to my knowledge.

I heard Soludo is a Professor of Macro Economics/Econometrics specialized in Monetary policy smiley
Re: How Stable Was The Naira Under Gen. Buhari? by obayaya(m): 7:50pm On Dec 21, 2014
nduchucks:

What was the price in September 1982 according to your source?

www.eia.gov/dnav/pet/hist/LeafHandler.ashx?n=PET&s=F000000__3&f=M

1 Like

Re: How Stable Was The Naira Under Gen. Buhari? by erico2k2(m): 7:59pm On Dec 21, 2014
Descartes:

I heard Soludo is a Professor of Macro Economics/Econometrics specialized in Monetary policy smiley

ehe so I heard too however we need to see his derived Equation
Re: How Stable Was The Naira Under Gen. Buhari? by obayaya(m): 8:07pm On Dec 21, 2014
dre11:

Preach it brother,

All this their conjure value to prove a point just stink to the high heavens without them looking at other indices for growth.

Nah wow for some people on this forum

What other indices?
Re: How Stable Was The Naira Under Gen. Buhari? by dre11(m): 8:08pm On Dec 21, 2014
obayaya:

What other indices?

I thought you read the post I did quote
Re: How Stable Was The Naira Under Gen. Buhari? by datribune: 8:29pm On Dec 21, 2014
atlwireles:

You don't want to do this today. We have dealt with this lies already. I asked you a simple question, when did Nigerians start standing out in long lines to buy essential commodities.

Why did creditor Nations pull their loans off the table? During the Buhari regime.

Buhari and economic ingenuity, I have not heard that before grin grin grin

The thousands fired every night on the NTA News, still rings like a bell in my ears. The phrase "retrenchment with immediate effect", was the catch word in 1984. Families use to watch the news, waiting to hear their fate. Over 200,000 lost their fed jobs in 1984. The middle class of Nigeria then,

Is it the currency conversion policy, that crippled families and businesses?

Economic ingenuity whoa, that's a new one. NPN's 4 years in power, never had one day that was as bad as the days of buhari

U seem to be confused or what?. Ok let me break it down 4 u.
d economy collapsed under Shagari. d sage Awolowo foresaw what was ahead months b4 it happened & constantly warned d NPN to change its profligate ways but they didn't until d country was no longer credit-worthy. d NPN even called Awolowo a prophet of doom because of these predictions. Umaru Dikko lied dat d country was not broke & dat at least people were not eating frm d dust bin. History proved Awo was right & dat d NPN had completed d looting of d country & it was broke. In d last months of d NPN govt for d 1st time in nigerian history d fed govt could not pay salaries. No food, no money. Soap, milk, sugar etc popularly called essential commodities disappeared from d shelves. Multinationals like kingsway, UTC, PZ etc left d country. DIS WAS WHEN NIGERIANS QUEUED IN LINE TO BUY ESENCO (Essential commodities)
When GMB took over, d creditor nations & IMF knew dat d country had been severely weakened by d debt situation & wanted to hold d country to ransom wit their slavish conditionalities. GMB called their bluff. He refused to devalue d naira & devised an ingenuous system of barter 4 oil. This was highly successful & stabilized d economy.
Hahahaha "wit immediate effect". Only crooks & corrupt politicians were afraid of dat phrase & it was dem dat lost out. d phrase Wit "immediate effect" was coined by d Murtala Mohammed govt. d Buhari govt which was an offshoot of dat patriotic govt liked to use it whenever it wants to show its resolve.
d currency conversion was a master stroke of ingenuity dat made d loot of d corrupt worthless.
Anyday, anytime patriots will choose d days of Buhari/Idiagbon over d misrule of d NPN. Of course I'm not surprised dat supporters of d corrupt PDP which is a mutant of d NPN would not like Buhari. But in dis election it will not be their call. It will be d call of d masses who ar in d majority & ar fed up wit dis clueless govt. SAI BUHARI
Re: How Stable Was The Naira Under Gen. Buhari? by atlwireles: 8:32pm On Dec 21, 2014
datribune:

U seem to be confused or what?. Ok let me break it down 4 u.
d economy collapsed under Shagari. d sage Awolowo foresaw what was ahead months b4 it happened & constantly warned d NPN to change its profligate ways but they didn't until d country was no longer credit-worthy. d NPN even called Awolowo a prophet of doom because of these predictions. Umaru Dikko lied dat d country was not broke & dat at least people were not eating frm d dust bin. History proved Awo was right & dat d NPN had completed d looting of d country & it was broke. In d last months of d NPN govt for d 1st time in nigerian history d fed govt could not pay salaries. No food, no money. Soap, milk, sugar etc popularly called essential commodities disappeared from d shelves. Multinationals like kingsway, UTC, PZ etc left d country. DIS WAS WHEN NIGERIANS QUEUED IN LINE TO BUY ESENCO (Essential commodities)
When GMB took over, d creditor nations & IMF knew dat d country had been severely weakened by d debt situation & wanted to hold d country to ransom wit their slavish conditionalities. GMB called their bluff. He refused to devalue d naira & devised an ingenuous system of barter 4 oil. This was highly successful & stabilized d economy.
Hahahaha "wit immediate effect". Only crooks & corrupt politicians were afraid of dat phrase & it was dem dat lost out. d phrase Wit "immediate effect" was coined by d Murtala Mohammed govt. d Buhari govt which was an offshoot of dat patriotic govt liked to use it whenever it wants to show its resolve.
d currency conversion was a master stroke of ingenuity dat made d loot of d corrupt worthless.
Anyday, anytime patriots will choose d days of Buhari/Idiagbon over d misrule of d NPN. Of course I'm not surprised dat supporters of d corrupt PDP which is a mutant of d NPN would not like Buhari. But in dis election it will not be their call. It will be d call of d masses who ar in d majority & ar fed up wit dis clueless govt. SAI BUHARI

Do you really know what you are talking about? damn undecided.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Buhari Copied Jonathan’s Budget – Soludo / Annoying Things GEJ/PEJ Apologists Say In Their Defence / Buhari Signs Eight Bills Into Law

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.