Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,693 members, 7,802,025 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:06 AM

Is Frosbel Now An Atheist ? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Frosbel Now An Atheist ? (34597 Views)

Anti-Deity of Yahshua: Please Kindly Help Frosbel Answer This / Questions For Frosbel On Tithing / Brother Frosbel, Please Stop This Fight Against Trinity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Frosbel Now An Atheist ? by Nobody: 3:28pm On Dec 21, 2014
I want to correct some charges that have been brought against me by many religious people on this forum, suggesting that I am an atheist for debunking their myths and contradictions.

I am not an Atheist.

Of course there is God but I am sincerely beginning to doubt that he is the God of the Christian religion.

I have found out that almost 80% of what I learnt as a Christian is either an outright lie, a frabication or a heavy dose of scripture twisting.

Most of you know how fanatical I was a few years ago , fighting for the trinity , hell fire, Virgin birth etc . Well ever since I embarked on a crash course in bible history , it is only God who has prevented my faith from crashing.

No one who reads the truth will deny that there are fundamental issues with a lot of bible stories and scripture. To suggest otherwise makes one a liar and participant in the misrepresentation of God's truth.

I agree with the overall message of the bible ( for there are many truths therein ) , but I cannot agree that it is word of a God when taken as a whole. This is just plain fallacy. Yes , God through his Spirit speaks to us and agrees with the truths he has revealed without which almost everything will become suspect.

I am still learning and now reading a book titled ' The Authentic Gospel of Jesus ' by late Geza Vermes, Professor Emeritus of Jewish studies at Oxford university. He was a former catholic priest. I am also an avid reader of articles by Bart Ehrmn Professor of Religious studies at the University of North Carolina. Bart was a former Evangelical Pastor.

What I have discovered is shocking and not for the faint hearted.

To be honest , I don't know where my quest and thirst for more knowledge will take me , sometimes I am scared, but this search will continue and my results will be shared wth you my good friends and of course enemies on this forum grin.

In summary , I am not an atheist and can never be one , not in this life or the next.

I am now an unfundamental thinking believer of Yeshua or Jesus.

11 Likes

Re: Is Frosbel Now An Atheist ? by ooman(m): 3:36pm On Dec 21, 2014
That's how it starts.

1. Doubt the god of a particular religion.

2. Think, learn, know.

3. You are an atheist.

Simple.

18 Likes

Re: Is Frosbel Now An Atheist ? by Anomnity: 3:38pm On Dec 21, 2014
frosbel:
I want to correct some charges that have been brought against me by many religious people on this forum, suggesting that I am an atheist for debunking their myths and contradictions.

I am not an Atheist.

Of course there is God but I am sincerely beginning to doubt that he is the God of the Christian religion.

I have found out that almost 80% of what I learnt as a Christian is either an outright lie, a frabication or a heavy dose of scripture twisting.

Most of you know how fanatical I was a few years ago , fighting for the trinity , hell fire, Virgin birth etc , well ever since I embarked on a crash course on bible history , it is only God who has prevented my faith from crashing.

No one who reads the truth will deny that there are fundamental issues with a lot of bible stories and scripture. To suggest otherwise makes one a liar and participant in the misrepresentation of God's truth.

I agree with he overall message of the bible ( for there are many truths therein ) , but I cannot agree that it is word of a God when taken as a whole. This is just plain fallacy. Yes , God through his Spirit speaks to us and agrees with the truths he has revealed without which almost everything will become suspect.

I am still learning and now reading a book titled ' the authentic gospel of Jesus ' by late Geza Vermes, Professor Emeritus of Jewish studies at Oxford university. He was a former catholic priest. I am also an avid reader of articles by Bart Ehrmn Professor of Religious studies at the University of North Carolina. Bart was a former Evangelical Pastor.

To be honest , I don't know where my quest and thirst for more knowledge will take me , sometimes I am scared, but this search will continue and my results will be shared wth you my good friends and of course enemies on this forum grin.

In summary , I am not an atheist and can never be one , not in this life or the next.

I am now an unfundamental thinking believer.
I pity you.Even a blind man can guess the direction you are going.Gradual progression with a certain end just as its been predicted several times on this forum.
frosbel:
I don't know where my quest and thirst for more knowledge will take me

1 Like

Re: Is Frosbel Now An Atheist ? by Nobody: 3:41pm On Dec 21, 2014
Anomnity:

I pity you.Even a blind man can guess the direction you are going.Gradual progression with a certain end just as its been predicted several times on this forum.

Impossicant, God is real and so is Christ.

But what advice do you want to give me as a former brother, should I stop all research and quit listening to these ex-christian pastors who are also professors ?

Should I ignore glaring contradictions and accept them by faith as the truth ?

Please give me some advice.
Re: Is Frosbel Now An Atheist ? by sweettease(f): 3:54pm On Dec 21, 2014
There are some truth about religion that is not for the faint hearted like you said, you might begin to question the whole religion, it happened to me also(or should I say it's still happening), but like you, I still believe there is a God but I have come to discover so many fabrications made by pastors to suit their own idealogy that is mostly selfish.

5 Likes

Re: Is Frosbel Now An Atheist ? by amanda2013(f): 3:58pm On Dec 21, 2014
now this is serious

2 Likes

Re: Is Frosbel Now An Atheist ? by PastorKun(m): 4:00pm On Dec 21, 2014
So what have you discovered that is "shocking and not for the faint hearted"?
Re: Is Frosbel Now An Atheist ? by johnydon22(m): 4:16pm On Dec 21, 2014
frosbel since you now know that the gospels were written many years after christ and by unknown authors who didnt even know him or seen him and you have agreed on the fabrications in the new testament.. how then do you still believe in christ knowing well that most thing u know about him is untrue and mythical fabrications grin grin

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is Frosbel Now An Atheist ? by johnydon22(m): 4:27pm On Dec 21, 2014
sweettease:
There are some truth about religion that is not for the faint hearted like you said, you might begin to question the whole religion, it happened to me also(or should I say it's still happening), but like you, I still believe there is a God but I have come to discover so many fabrications made by pastors to suit their own idealogy that is mostly selfish.

my dear, we were all born into one religion or the other in a world saturated by religion. since we opened our eyes we were plunged into the river of religion by our parents and society teaching us all we know. you will agree with me that if u were born into a muslim family you would be wearing hijab now and defending and loving islam with all ur heart. u will even be pitying and critisizing the people of other religion like christians cus you know theirs is wrong and urs is right... everybod thinks theirs is the right one and others wrong. u will hear christians shouting "all muslims repent or burn in hell and muslim shouting "all christians repent or face hell" and how did this come about thru child indoctrination. we were all taught these as a child and taught never to question it but believe it with all ur heart thru FAITH. But when you start thinking for urself u will see that the truth does not hide from questions. when we start asking questions and getting answers by critical anylizing and researching and thinking without sentimental influence, u will come to realize that almost all we were taught are untrue and u begin to realize that a donkey cant talk as the bible made us believe or a little child of few days talk as the koran also made us believe...

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is Frosbel Now An Atheist ? by plaetton: 4:28pm On Dec 21, 2014
My guess was right on. On that long break from NL, you were getting in touch with you inner atheist.
Everyone has his or her inner atheist, when reason tries to overpower the primitive parts of the brain.
You have successfully conquered you fears to question your long held beliefs.
Bravo. You are brave.

I must say that I feel privileged to have witnessed the evolution of a former religious nut to a rational , introspective, enquiring human being.
Evolution from homo religilous to homo sapien sapien.

Good luck Frosbel in your search for meaning, understanding and wisdom.

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is Frosbel Now An Atheist ? by kevoh(m): 4:30pm On Dec 21, 2014
frosbel:

Keep deceiving yourself with sugarcoated atheist titles. tongue You Sir, are about to touchdown down at the runway of atheism.

I'll be at the arrival waiting for you. smiley

6 Likes

Re: Is Frosbel Now An Atheist ? by Anomnity: 4:35pm On Dec 21, 2014
frosbel:

Impossicant, God is real and so is Christ.

But what advice do you want to give me as a former brother, should I stop all research and quit listening to these ex-christian pastors who are also professors ?

Should I ignore glaring contradictions and accept them by faith as the truth ?

Please give me some advice.
Carnal head knowledge of spiritual matters without the wisdom,unction,inspiration and "revelation knowledge" of the spirit of God will lead to destruction.

2 peter 1 :
20 Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation.
21 For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost.

Your problem has always been that "I too know" spiritual pride that propels you to the read the sacred writ with your university degree intelligence.First from that scripture those men are 'holy'.When you read about them you understand that they give themselves to prayers,fastings,total consecration before God gives them the "revelation knowledge".You lack all these.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Is Frosbel Now An Atheist ? by asalimpo(m): 5:04pm On Dec 21, 2014
frosbel:

I am not an Atheist.

Most of you know how fanatical I was a few years ago , fighting for the trinity , hell fire, Virgin birth etc . Well ever since I embarked on a crash course in bible history , it is only God who has prevented my faith from crashing.

I agree with the overall message of the bible ( for there are many truths therein ) , but I cannot agree that it is word of a God when taken as a whole. This is just plain fallacy. Yes , God through his Spirit speaks to us and agrees with the truths he has revealed without which almost everything will become suspect.

I am still learning and now reading a book titled ' The Authentic Gospel of Jesus ' by late Geza Vermes, Professor Emeritus of Jewish studies at Oxford university. He was a former catholic priest. I am also an avid reader of articles by Bart Ehrmn Professor of Religious studies at the University of North Carolina. Bart was a former Evangelical Pastor.

let him that standeth take heed lest he falls, so says the bible. You think you are standing but in reality you have fallen.
The first temptation of Jesus was to cause Him to doubt and get off the Word. "If you are the Son of God ... ".
The temptation of the first man and woman was again to cause them to doubt the authenticity of God's word- "Did God really say... " the serpent hissed and they bought it.
Today, the reality of d warning God cautioned them of is in our face for all men die.
In the case of peter,Jesus said satan desired to sift him like wheat but Jesus had prayed tht he,Peter's faith holds, Peter denied Jesus in the face of threat of death.
In your case,mayb u were fervent bf , vibrant burng for God (as you admitted ) and satan didnt like it, so he decided to get you off the very way he did others ,by making you doubt the authenticity of the Word.
Once you step off d word,you're building on sand and you will crumble.
Now, you're doubtng the Word, buyg into philosophies of earthly men and eating their lies all up.
You 're on d road man. One day you'll come here and declare for satan (thru atheism or somethng similar-deism)

6 Likes

Re: Is Frosbel Now An Atheist ? by tobechi74: 5:14pm On Dec 21, 2014
frosbel:

I am not an Atheist.

YOU ARE NOT YET AN ATHEIST

BUT YOU ARE BECOMING AN AGNOSTIC CHRISTIAN

ONE GOOD THING ABOUT YOUR SEARCH IS THAT IT WILL MAKE YOU TOLERANT ,LESS DOGMATIC AND MORE REASONABLE
GOODLUCK

5 Likes

Re: Is Frosbel Now An Atheist ? by tobechi74: 5:17pm On Dec 21, 2014
johnydon22:
frosbel since you now know that the gospels were written many years after christ and by unknown authors who didnt even know him or seen him and you have agreed on the fabrications in the new testament.. how then do you still believe in christ knowing well that most thing u know about him is untrue and mythical fabrications grin grin

choice. Because he chooses to.

The same reason a kid belives his dad is innocent of all theft accusatton despite the numerous video evidence,withness testimony and paper signatures.

We choose what we belive

2 Likes

Re: Is Frosbel Now An Atheist ? by tobechi74: 5:20pm On Dec 21, 2014
plaetton:
My guess was right on. On that long break from NL, you were getting in touch with you inner atheist.
Everyone has his or her inner atheist, when reason tries to overpower the primitive parts of the brain.
You have successfully conquered you fears to question your long held beliefs.
Bravo. You are brave.

I must say that I feel privileged to have witnessed the evolution of a former religious nut to a rational , introspective, enquiring human being.
Evolution from homo religilous to homo sapien sapien.

Good luck Frosbel in your search for meaning, understanding and wisdom.

after his search,he will end up with no result ...except slight madness

2 Likes

Re: Is Frosbel Now An Atheist ? by deleib(m): 5:36pm On Dec 21, 2014
Mr. Frosbel i will like to say the path of knowledge search you have taken is not d right one. The bible isn't contradictory in any way. We are made to undastand that u need the Holy spirit to undastand the things of the spirit. 1 corinthians 2:13-14 says 13 These things we also speak, not with words taught by human wisdom, but with those taught by the spirit, as we combine spiritual matters with spiritual words.

14 But a physical man does not recieve the things of the spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him; and he cannot get to know them, because they are examined spiritually.

So all those work of the Atheist professors are all human inference and undastandin and continuing in them will banish your belief in God and finally turns you to a full atheist; it starts frm a point.

All u need is incesant prayers and fasting, asking for Holy spirit to grant u undastanding of the bible by medidating in it.
Just stop d search!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Frosbel Now An Atheist ? by asalimpo(m): 5:39pm On Dec 21, 2014
plaetton:

you mean his PODO.
(plain old doubt)..
Every1 is tempted to walk by sight and hence doubt God.
Re: Is Frosbel Now An Atheist ? by plaetton: 5:42pm On Dec 21, 2014
tobechi74:

after his search,he will end up with no result ...except slight madness
It might interest you to know that founders of the world's religions were people who were slightly off their rockers.

1 Like

Re: Is Frosbel Now An Atheist ? by honourhim: 6:10pm On Dec 21, 2014
ooman:
That's how it starts.

1. Doubt the god of a particular religion.

2. Think, learn, know.

3. You are an atheist.

Simple.

You very right.

1 Like

Re: Is Frosbel Now An Atheist ? by honourhim: 6:15pm On Dec 21, 2014
kevoh:

Keep deceiving yourself with sugarcoated atheist titles. tongue You Sir, are about to touchdown down at the runway of atheism.

I'll be at the arrival waiting for you. smiley

Exactly.

1 Like

Re: Is Frosbel Now An Atheist ? by honourhim: 6:26pm On Dec 21, 2014
frosbel:

I am not an Atheist.

Some years ago you would ve sworn you won't degenerate to what you are today. Telling us you aint an atheist is rubbish. You are an atheist stop deceiving yourself. We are just watching you as you get down the stairs as OLAADEGBU told ya.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is Frosbel Now An Atheist ? by Nobody: 6:31pm On Dec 21, 2014
PastorKun:
So what have you discovered that is "shocking and not for the faint hearted"?

Starting with the ones you know and that I hold to be myth ;

- trinity
- Virgin birth
- hell fire and heaven
- tithes and offerings
- compulsory church attendance
- one pastor leadership model

These ones are bad enough, but the most serious ones are attempts by some gospel writers to tie their accounts to prophecies that do not exist , are half-complete or not related in any form or shape. None of the gospel writers were eye witnesses of the events surrounding Jesus , they were mostly anonymous authors who took on the name of popular people like Matthew , John etc.

The oldest gospel is Mark around 70ad with Matthew and Luke following and lastly John. John's gospel imbibed elements of gnosticism and Hellenistic belief to tell the story of Jesus to a mostly Greek audience. Matthew no doubt copied from Mark and made some refinements , many of which were presumptuous interpolations to deify Jesus and remove Mark's tendency to make Jesus look like he did not know everything. The account of Jesus's death and resurrection are not aligned and portray serious inconsistencies that cannot be overlooked.

I am still studying and will form a final summary of my findings and stance in the near future.

I still believe in Christ as the Messiah and his ultimate resurrection purely because of Paul. Paul's letters predate the gospels and were written nearer to the time of Jesus by as much as 20 years or so. This means he must have had real contact with the original apostles as he states , and was the one person who was able to articulate the whole concept of Jesus's death, burial, resurrection and purpose into a logical sequence of events pointing to the good news and God's ultimate plan for mankind.

By the way Peter did not write the epistles of Peter because he was an unlettered fisherman considering that the epistle was written in classic Greek which only the elites of that day could do.

Too many to mention, I am still going on ........".

9 Likes

Re: Is Frosbel Now An Atheist ? by Nobody: 6:34pm On Dec 21, 2014
honourhim:

Some years ago you would ve sworn you won't degenerate to what you are today. Telling us you aint an atheist is rubbish. You are an atheist stop deceiving yourself. We are just watching you as you get down the stairs as OLAADEGBU told ya.

Yes my christian boko haram persecutor grin
Re: Is Frosbel Now An Atheist ? by Nobody: 6:37pm On Dec 21, 2014
deleib:
Mr. Frosbel i will like to say the path of knowledge search you have taken is not d right one. The bible isn't contradictory in any way. We are made to undastand that u need the Holy spirit to undastand the things of the spirit. 1 corinthians 2:13-14 says 13 These things we also speak, not with words taught by human wisdom, but with those taught by the spirit, as we combine spiritual matters with spiritual words.

14 But a physical man does not recieve the things of the spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him; and he cannot get to know them, because they are examined spiritually.

So all those work of the Atheist professors are all human inference and undastandin and continuing in them will banish your belief in God and finally turns you to a full atheist; it starts frm a point.

All u need is incesant prayers and fasting, asking for Holy spirit to grant u undastanding of the bible by medidating in it.
Just stop d search!

Surely you are not suggesting. I should not ask questions ?
Re: Is Frosbel Now An Atheist ? by PastorKun(m): 6:41pm On Dec 21, 2014
honourhim:

The fact that a man questions his beliefs does not make him an atheist. If you have never questioned your beliefs, you can't obviously know what you believe in.

5 Likes

Re: Is Frosbel Now An Atheist ? by asalimpo(m): 7:16pm On Dec 21, 2014
PastorKun:

The fact that a man questions his beliefs does not make him an atheist. If you have never questioned your beliefs, you can't obviously know what you believe in.
meaning? Frosbel is still on course?

Any1 who doubts d virgin birth is lost (or about to backslide).
Re: Is Frosbel Now An Atheist ? by asalimpo(m): 7:23pm On Dec 21, 2014
The op is deluded.
You read the bible (a book) then read other books debunking the first book and choose to believe wat the other books say.
It is still a belief and u exercised ur right to choose wat u believe in (lies in this case).

3 Likes

Re: Is Frosbel Now An Atheist ? by deleib(m): 7:28pm On Dec 21, 2014
frosbel:

Surely you are not suggesting. I should not ask questions ?
Y not. Ask questions. Infact it is what strengthen your faith but your questions shd be ask frm faithful believers not frm renowned atheists. They wil only lead u d wrong way with their human teaching and undastanding.

NB: the things of the spirit can only be undastud by those possessing the spirit of God.

2 Likes

Re: Is Frosbel Now An Atheist ? by PastorKun(m): 7:53pm On Dec 21, 2014
asalimpo:

I don't agree with all of frosbel's conclusions and especially on the virgin birth issue but you cannot rightly label him an atheist for questioning his beliefs.

5 Likes

Re: Is Frosbel Now An Atheist ? by wirinet(m): 8:59pm On Dec 21, 2014
asalimpo:

There is nothing like virgin birth. A virgin can never give birth. For a virgin to give birth would mean the resulting baby would have only 23 chromosones (a female egg has only 23 chromosomes. The funniest aspect is that the baby (jesus in this case) is a man. That means jesus has the XY chromosome, now where did Jesus get the Y chromosome, which is found only in male?

The virgin birth myth had been in existence from the dawn of history to signify great men, especially very power kings. Such men are attributed devine origin as to connote they are half god and half men. They are said to be a union between a diety or god and an earthly woman.

4 Likes

Re: Is Frosbel Now An Atheist ? by frank317: 9:02pm On Dec 21, 2014
Lol... I am sure most Christians here are afraid to comment. Those who already commented know how rediculious there comment is.

I just can't laugh at the advice I see here.

Don't ask questions
U are asking wrongly
Ask only spirit filled people (Lol)
I am sorry for you
U are an atheist

I can't help but shake my head.

I really pity Africans. We are plain stupid and the bad news is we know we are stupid but shamelessness say "leave me in my stupidity, I like it", then it hurts us when we see someone trying to break away from this stupidity. All we do is quickly level him.... No wonder, u guys believe in the devil, ya all acting like the devil u believe in.

Hmmmmm... My honest question is: if there are unanswered questions, shouldn't we strive to get answers?

Honestly if God is God and really exists, why then should getting to know him be a big deal? If there really are unanswered questions and reasons for doubt, what is God doing about it? If what he is doing about it (assuming he is doing something) is not working, is it our fault?

I am trying to assume God exist, I am trying to believe him, even if it means following the crowd, but it seems God is not doing his part.

I know yaweh and Allah does not exist. But I don't know if a creator exist. Even if there is a creator... I dont think worshiping him makes any sense. It seems he does not need it.

Pls my fellow Naija brothers let's use our 'God' given brain for once.

14 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply)

Lady Mocks Women Who Think Attachment Is A Sin But Use Wool To Make Their Hair / Daddy Freeze To Stephanie Otobo: "Tell Us The Politicians That Paid You" / Why Are Natural Dreads Prominent Among White Garment Churches?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.