Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,840 members, 7,806,363 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 03:26 PM

Exchange Rate Under Buhari, The Truth. - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Exchange Rate Under Buhari, The Truth. (11024 Views)

Why Power Supply Improved Under Buhari, By Nebo / 1 Dollar = 1 Naira: Buhari Approves An Exchange Rate Of N160 To $1 / Nigeria Signed Pact To Import Refined Oil Under Buhari's Regime (NY Times 1984) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Exchange Rate Under Buhari, The Truth. by anonimi: 8:39pm On Dec 21, 2014
dexpendable:
I believe if any of you Jonathan supporters have daughters who were kidnapped by terrorists and you see the President is practically doing nothing about it... you won't be deluded in this way.. The fact is Jonathan has ruled for 4 years and the situation has only gone worse.. I mean why do people complain that it's his enemies that are behind all this when whom we are talking about here is the President and Commander in Chief of the armed f***ing forces? Are we saying Jonathan's enemies are more powerful than he is? who is incharge in Nigeria?
-Nigeria doesn't have its own national air career? you all are jokes. ...
-Some places have not seen government electricity for close to 3 years. ...
-We still transport our fuel through the roads when the rails can be constructed. ...
-Nigeria doesn't have its own refinery. ...
- All the aircrafts used by the Nigerian airforce are trainer aircrafts abroad. ...
-The Nigerian police do not have patrol helicopters yet...

So what exactly are we talking about?

Progress.
Please get a dictionary to fully understand its meaning.
Re: Exchange Rate Under Buhari, The Truth. by Firefire(m): 8:39pm On Dec 21, 2014
Obiagelli:

Since the table isn't showing Parrellel rate for 2005 - 2013, is it safe to say there was no parallel market like datolee is claiming before 1985.

2nd official rate for 2013 on that table and the one on cbn's website do not tally.

Therefore there is no way you or datolee can tell me that i can't get 0.894 from the bank in 1985.

Finally this was clearly written on the Wikipedia page datolee got his figures from

This table shows the historical value of one U.S. Dollar in
Nigerian naira - PM = Parallel Market. [ citation needed ]

Your certify response below:

datolee:

For example, the 2015 budget, the FG is exchanging at 165 to a dollar but you know, that is not market determines.

About your other observations, you are right, in that it is difficult to find exchange rates information from 1980... However, whichever you looked at it, Naira lost value during Buhari 20 months regime even at a relatively stable oil price.
Re: Exchange Rate Under Buhari, The Truth. by Nobody: 8:40pm On Dec 21, 2014
Firefire:

What did not tally ?

Official rate is official rate

Parallel market rate is parallel market rate.

So ?

Are you even reading my link at all?
Re: Exchange Rate Under Buhari, The Truth. by Nobody: 8:40pm On Dec 21, 2014
Obiagelli:

Since the table isn't showing Parrellel rate for 2005 - 2013, is it safe to say there was no parallel market like datolee is claiming before 1985.

2nd official rate for 2013 on that table and the one on cbn's website do not tally.

Therefore there is no way you or datolee can tell me that i can't get 0.894 from the bank in 1985.

Finally this was clearly written on the Wikipedia page datolee got his figures from

This table shows the historical value of one U.S. Dollar in
Nigerian naira - PM = Parallel Market. [ citation needed ]

This might help you out

http://www.cenbank.org/rates/exrate.asp?year=2013

See,

DAS/WDAS (USD)

IFEM (USD)

BDC (USD)

Exchange rates are differen

4 Likes

Re: Exchange Rate Under Buhari, The Truth. by Descartes: 8:40pm On Dec 21, 2014
Firefire:
Everyone is learning.

Now I extract your link.

What is your question again Obiagelli?

Facts are Sacred!!! cool
Re: Exchange Rate Under Buhari, The Truth. by CyberWolf: 8:40pm On Dec 21, 2014
Datolee I guess it's already late in your location..try catch some sleep..leave obiagelli alone though she really tried and she always bow to superior argument unlike other progressives that would've result to insult,that's why I respect her I hope you are not angry with me?a lot..we all want a better Nigeria just that we are searching for it from different source and direction but I believe that one day, we shall get there..the most important thing is that Nigeria is operating on a faulty structure and once we restructure this country and strengthen our institutions,we are good to go otherwise, any other thing we are doing is farce..peace smiley

3 Likes

Re: Exchange Rate Under Buhari, The Truth. by major466(m): 8:44pm On Dec 21, 2014
All hail king datolee, the Emperor of Nairaland. cheesy cheesy
Re: Exchange Rate Under Buhari, The Truth. by Nobody: 8:46pm On Dec 21, 2014
datolee:

About your other observations, you are right, in that it is difficult to find exchange rates information from 1980... However, whichever you looked at it, Naira lost value during Buhari 20 months regime even at a relatively stable oil price. I'm done and ready to sleep.

Yes naira lost value, like every other government but not at the rate/picture you painted in your thread.

2nd 1985 had 2 governments, we can't point out under which one naira suffered more ( SAP October 1985)
Re: Exchange Rate Under Buhari, The Truth. by Firefire(m): 8:46pm On Dec 21, 2014
Please let us not forget the take home message. grin

During GMB (1983 - 1985) USD was heavily devaluated compare to GEJ (2014)

Re: Exchange Rate Under Buhari, The Truth. by CyberWolf: 8:48pm On Dec 21, 2014
major466:
All hail king datolee, the Emperor of Nairaland. cheesy cheesy
president and his royal
Majesty combined together grin grin...the guy too much cheesy..everybody is learning smiley
Re: Exchange Rate Under Buhari, The Truth. by Descartes: 8:49pm On Dec 21, 2014
Chai, the purpose of this thread has been heavily defeated embarassed embarassed
Re: Exchange Rate Under Buhari, The Truth. by Nobody: 8:52pm On Dec 21, 2014
Firefire:
Please let us not forget the take home message. grin

During GMB (1983 - 1985) USD was heavily devaluated compare to GEJ (2014)

Lets not also forget that buhari left in August 1985, there a quarter left to ibb, its left to be seen who did what in 1985
Re: Exchange Rate Under Buhari, The Truth. by Firefire(m): 8:53pm On Dec 21, 2014
Obiagelli,

I give it to you, you are a strong woman. I admire your fighting spirit. tongue

Keep it up.

See you at the Top!.

Goodluck to you now and in the future.

Shalom

Firefire!

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Exchange Rate Under Buhari, The Truth. by Nobody: 8:55pm On Dec 21, 2014
CyberWolf:
Datolee I guess it's already late in your location..try catch some sleep..leave obiagelli alone though she really tried and she always bow to superior argument unlike other progressives..we all want a better Nigeria just that we are searching for it from different source and direction but I believe that one day, we shall get there..the most important thing is that Nigeria is operating on a faulty structure and once we restructure this country and strengthen our institutions,we are good to go otherwise, any other thing we are doing is farce..peace smiley

You are right, i also did learn from this thread, we all want a better nigeria, we are seeking it from different sources but we shouldn't paint white as black or vice versa.

1 Like

Re: Exchange Rate Under Buhari, The Truth. by Descartes: 8:55pm On Dec 21, 2014
Obiagelli:

Lets not also forget that buhari left in August 1985, there a quarter left to ibb, its left to be seen who did what in 1985

You have really fought like a lion smiley

Kudos for your bravery cool

Cogito ergo sum

Wisdom is function of Humility and indeed the Principle thing cool

2 Likes

Re: Exchange Rate Under Buhari, The Truth. by Nobody: 8:56pm On Dec 21, 2014
Firefire:
Obiagelli,

I give it to you, you are a strong woman. I admire your fighting spirit. tongue

Keep it up.

See you at the Top!.

Goodluck to you now and in the future.

Shalom

Firefire!

Same wishes here brother. Most importantly we are growing our knowledge.

3 Likes

Re: Exchange Rate Under Buhari, The Truth. by CyberWolf: 8:57pm On Dec 21, 2014
Obiagelli:

You are right, i also did learn from this thread, we all want a better nigeria, we are seeking it from different sources but we shouldn't paint white as black or vice versa.

I concur, just keep doing what you know is right..good luck.. smiley

2 Likes

Re: Exchange Rate Under Buhari, The Truth. by Nobody: 8:58pm On Dec 21, 2014
Descartes:

You have really fought like a lion smiley

Kudos for your bravery cool

Cogito ergo sum

Wisdom is function of Humility and indeed the Principle thing cool

Thanks for the kind words brother. Mutual respect.

3 Likes

Re: Exchange Rate Under Buhari, The Truth. by obayaya(m): 9:00pm On Dec 21, 2014
barcanista:
You need not respond to the exchange price in the black market because the black market isn't controlled by the government. The price of fuel is sold at 130-150 naira per litre in the black market but we only attribute the N97 as the rate in the country to the government.

Hope you'll remind your people that this administration only devalued the Naira from 155 to 168 against the dollar
Re: Exchange Rate Under Buhari, The Truth. by memudyink: 9:00pm On Dec 21, 2014
MuguliciousMUGU:
If you like find all the exchange rate of buhari, that is none of our business, our business is that jonathan will win the election and make nigeria a better place Simple!!!!

Yes oo.. Muguliciusmugu
Re: Exchange Rate Under Buhari, The Truth. by dexpendable(m): 9:03pm On Dec 21, 2014
anonimi:

Progress.
Please get a dictionary to fully understand its meaning.

I doubt if I need a dictionary though. ...
Aren't you an example of "progress"

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

EFCC Hunts For FIRS Boss Fowler As Aide Exposes Fowler’s Car Gift To Girlfriend! / Senate Empowers INEC To Determine Transmission Of Election Results / Ortom Hands Over, Passes N187bn Debt To Successor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.