Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,315 members, 7,808,064 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:20 AM

Bernd Schuster sacked, Juande Ramos new coach at Real Madrid - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Bernd Schuster sacked, Juande Ramos new coach at Real Madrid (3113 Views)

Did Mourinho Fail At Real Madrid? / Are Jennifer Lopez And Sergio Ramos Dating Already? / Cristiano Ronaldo Unhappy At Real Madrid (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bernd Schuster sacked, Juande Ramos new coach at Real Madrid by mykali(m): 3:23pm On Dec 09, 2008
news on goal.com say Ramos is the new coach at Real Madrid.

Schuster Sacked, Juande Ramos In!

Bernd Schuster has been replaced as coach of Real Madrid by Juande Ramos. The German trainer was sacked on Tuesday morning and the former Sevilla and Spurs boss installed with immediate effect and will take training ahead of the Zenit encounter,
Re: Bernd Schuster sacked, Juande Ramos new coach at Real Madrid by akinalabi(m): 3:31pm On Dec 09, 2008
The merry go round continues. . .
Re: Bernd Schuster sacked, Juande Ramos new coach at Real Madrid by Ibime(m): 3:34pm On Dec 09, 2008
As usual, goal.com is first on the scene to survey the bloody carcass. BBC has now confirmed it.
Re: Bernd Schuster sacked, Juande Ramos new coach at Real Madrid by mykali(m): 3:49pm On Dec 09, 2008
but Bernd Schuster made a mistake when he said '' winning El Classico is impossible''

i have a feeling that was why he got axed. sad
Re: Bernd Schuster sacked, Juande Ramos new coach at Real Madrid by MrCrackles(m): 3:54pm On Dec 09, 2008
loving this piece of news! grin
Re: Bernd Schuster sacked, Juande Ramos new coach at Real Madrid by just2nice(m): 4:16pm On Dec 09, 2008
Schuster was just unlucky with Real Madrid injury problems that makes him tinker his formation in every game.Farewell Bernd Schuster and I wish Juande Ramos the best of luck.
Re: Bernd Schuster sacked, Juande Ramos new coach at Real Madrid by Nobody: 4:20pm On Dec 09, 2008
Interesting.
Schuster was only stating the obvious.Real are rubbish,though injuries have hit them hardest.
Ramos might be back in Spain,but I'm not so sure he's the man to handle Real.He did well at Sevilla,but the Bernabeau is a different kettle of fish.You're always undfer pressure to deliver.
But then,I'm amazed at the high turn-over of coaches a "big" club like Real has had.Looks like a desperate measure,this appointment.
Re: Bernd Schuster sacked, Juande Ramos new coach at Real Madrid by vicade(m): 4:28pm On Dec 09, 2008
Real Madrid have serious problems. Great history but 11 Managers in 10 years is just ludacris. undecided

Guus Hiddink May 1998 February 1999
John Toshack February 1999 November 1999
Vicente Del Bosque November 1999 June 2003
Carlos Queiroz June 2003 May 2004
José Antonio Camacho May 2004 September 2004
Mariano García Remón September 2004 December 2004
Vanderlei Luxemburgo December 2004 December 2005
Juan Ramón López Caro December 2005 May 2006
Fabio Capello May 2006 June 2007
Bernd Schuster June 2007 December 2008
Juande Ramos December 2008
Re: Bernd Schuster sacked, Juande Ramos new coach at Real Madrid by debosky(m): 4:33pm On Dec 09, 2008
Nothing ludicrous about it - they've won titles both domestic and in Europe within that time, winning back to back league titles recently. If they can change coaches and still do that, who cares?

This is Real Madrid - the longest running soap opera in world football. If a coach messes up significantly OR is not liked, he gets kicked out. Real can afford to do it, and from their results, it does work. The sheer pressure associated with being Real coach for 1 year is the equivalent of being a coach in another country for 5 years, so Bernd had more than a year and so should be congratulated. tongue
Re: Bernd Schuster sacked, Juande Ramos new coach at Real Madrid by dayokanu(m): 5:14pm On Dec 09, 2008
Ludacris? They have 3 UCL and 4 league titles to show for it while a club like Arsenal within the same period has 2 league titles and NO UCL yet they stuck with the coach.

Now tell me who is UNAMBITIOUS!!!!!
Re: Bernd Schuster sacked, Juande Ramos new coach at Real Madrid by A40(m): 5:42pm On Dec 09, 2008
The cats at Real Madrid are colder than assasins they have no passion and no patience but unlike England coaches don't last that long in Spain even though Real Madrid's case is very extreme if Ramos wins the UCL sef there is no guarantee he would not be sacked its that bad

Good luck to Ramos i don't know if he is good enough for Madrid because looking at their injury list its longer than an Academy Award's guest list
Re: Bernd Schuster sacked, Juande Ramos new coach at Real Madrid by Nobody: 7:56am On Dec 10, 2008
They may have the titles within that period,but you must realize that it came under one man: del Bosque.
How that guy was sacked remains a mystery.
Real have some serious structural problems.Someone said it's a soap opera.Looks like a circus act to me.
Think about how great they might have been if they had a little bit more stability.
Schuster never fit the bill as coach of Madrid.First mistake.
Then he has to deal with issues regarding purchases because Calderon & Mijatovic seem to think they know better,but Schuster couldn't do anything about that because he had no personality to challenge any decisions they made on transfers.
Sounds to me like Mijatovic/Calderon are the actual coaches.
Re: Bernd Schuster sacked, Juande Ramos new coach at Real Madrid by FBS: 8:25am On Dec 10, 2008
@ Eastbay,
I cannot but agree with you more. Why they ever sacked V. Del Bosque pass my understanding capacity. The guy won trophies for them.

Calderon & Co are making RM behave like ashawo, sleeping with (hiring) 10 different men (managers) in 10 years, na wa ooo though not that Schuster was my favourite sha. Football is something else.
Re: Bernd Schuster sacked, Juande Ramos new coach at Real Madrid by sleekdot(m): 8:35am On Dec 10, 2008
Leave Madrid alone, Na their way be that
Re: Bernd Schuster sacked, Juande Ramos new coach at Real Madrid by dayokanu(m): 8:36am On Dec 10, 2008
Schuster won the league, Capello won the league but these titles are not enough don't be suprised if Madrid beats Barca this weekend and win titles this season remember the 2000 season

@eastbay,
That is the way continental teams are run the management buys player and the coach has to find a away of using them.

Check AC Milan, Bayern Munich, Barcelona and Real are run Galliani/Berlusoni, Hoeness/Rummenigge/Beckenbauer, Calderon/Mijatovic and Laporta/Txiki just buy players that catch their fancy and the coach thinks of how to fit them in.
In Munich, Ulli Hoeness sits on the bench beside Klinsmann everymatch day.

In one full swoop Real decided to sell all their Argentines ( Solari, Samuel, Cambiasso) and replace them with Brazilians(Robinho, Marcelo, Baptista) now they have decided to try out Dutch players(RVN, VdVaart, Huntelaar, Sneijder, Drenthe)

Del Bosque was sacked for not being modern, He was not the suit wearing polished guy
Re: Bernd Schuster sacked, Juande Ramos new coach at Real Madrid by Nobody: 10:00am On Dec 10, 2008
Dayo,
It's not right.
Capello is any team's dream coach.He gets result.
Real fired him twice.For what reason?Winning La Liga?
Come on.
We know the problem with Real:Calderon.It's simple.He's the one distabilizing the squad.
When I got to know he could be the problem was during the Ronaldo saga.Secretly,Raul and Casillas were against the plan to bring him.
Schuster wasn't the right coach.
The whole thing is a publicity stunt;Real Madrid.
Re: Bernd Schuster sacked, Juande Ramos new coach at Real Madrid by Nobody: 10:15am On Dec 10, 2008
After Del Bosque,not being modern,what have they done?
I thought football was about results.Not suits.
That's why I can never take Real serious.
Since Del Bosque,they've been a circus act.
Re: Bernd Schuster sacked, Juande Ramos new coach at Real Madrid by debosky(m): 1:43pm On Dec 10, 2008
Eastbay:

Dayo,
It's not right.
Capello is any team's dream coach.He gets result.
Real fired him twice.For what reason?Winning La Liga?
Come on.
[b]We know the problem with Real:Calderon.[/b]It's simple.He's the one distabilizing the squad.
When I got to know he could be the problem was during the Ronaldo saga.Secretly,Raul and Casillas were against the plan to bring him.
Schuster wasn't the right coach.
The whole thing is a publicity stunt;Real Madrid.

Eastbay, with due respect, you are wrong.

Lorenzo Sanz was part of the coach sacking saga, so was Florentino Perez. This sacking of coaches is not limited to one man, it is built into Real's psyche - they ALWAYS want more and will always find flaws with the current system and then change it.

Schuster wasn't the 'right' coach but he won La Liga no? What makes Capello better than him in that instance? Real Madrid will always want to be the best at everything - any slip ups can get you fired on a week's notice. Del Bosque did not meet the 'image' Real were going for, and there have been even flimsier reasons for sacking coaches in the past.

What killed Schuster was his comments about El Classico - it is treasonable in Madrid to even say you don't think you'll win.

Real Madrid is a soap opera - there is always something somewhere not quite right, and that is often the only excuse required to sack a coach, titles or no titles.
Re: Bernd Schuster sacked, Juande Ramos new coach at Real Madrid by Nobody: 2:43pm On Dec 10, 2008
Calderon has always undermined any manager under his tenure.From day One.That is a known fact.Even Capello was not spared.
Maybe he acquired the trait from Perez.But it's still him who's the boss.
Schuster cannot tie Capello's shoelaces for any reason as a coach.He's not achieved much as a coach.
He was in Getafe previously.Compare with Capello:Milan,Juve,Roma.Winning titles with ALL.
Schuster won the Liga.But any coach with the quality of players he has should win the title. with no excuses.

And while he could have shut up his mouth-though he was stating the obvious-he was going to get sacked ANYWAY, based on the run of results.
That comment just gave fodder to the cannon.
Re: Bernd Schuster sacked, Juande Ramos new coach at Real Madrid by debosky(m): 2:57pm On Dec 10, 2008
You miss the point, I am not saying Calderon doesn't undermine coaches, he does. But the next president will do the same, and the next president after him. It is a Real trait, not a specific individual's.
Re: Bernd Schuster sacked, Juande Ramos new coach at Real Madrid by Sauron1: 3:12pm On Dec 10, 2008
dayokanu:

Ludacris? They have 3 UCL and 4 league titles to show for it while a club like Arsenal within the same period has 2 league titles and NO UCL yet they stuck with the coach.

Now tell me who is UNAMBITIOUS!!!!!

Their set-up stinks. . . . . . . .When was the last time they won the Champions League??

Lets even leave that for a moment. . . . . .It is not rocket science to know Real Madrid as a team is NOT balanced!!!
They rely so much on flair at the expense of defensive stability and that is a major worry. . . .Bloody hell, it is a shame on Calderon and Mijatovic.
What does it really take to run a club of that magnitude??
That Real Madrid won La Liga in the last 2 seasons shows nuthing BUT the falling standard in the Spanish league itself.

I am a fan of Juande Ramos and i hope he does well----i will not be surprised if he doesn't get sacked by next summer.
The politricks behind the curtain is frightening. . . . . .Raul?? Guti?? Salgado??
Can't any manager axe those bastards or at least let them fight for their place in the team?
I cannot count the number of strikers that have partnered Raul Gonzalez in the last 12 years.
Re: Bernd Schuster sacked, Juande Ramos new coach at Real Madrid by dayokanu(m): 4:55pm On Dec 10, 2008
Sacking coaches is a Madrid culture. Nothing new about that dont be suprised if they sack Ramos before the end of the season.
@Eastbay, I dont agree with you that Schuster is not good enough. Tell me Del Bosques profile before coaching Madrid. He was just a youth team coach and he won all there was to win with Madrid yet Perez gave him the boot.

@Sharon,
Perez operated succesfully with the "Zidanes and Pavons" policy which means he buys megastars upfront and anybody can play the defence.Madrid won CL's with Karanka, Mejia, Pavon, Raul Bravo, ailing Hierro, Salgado, Geremi, Ivan Helguera I dont think any of these is even close to world class and cant be compared to Canavaro, Pepe and Sergio Ramos that play now

Most clubs have them. I mean permanent fixtures in form of player. Raul is the power broker in Madrid.
Just the way Maldini, Totti, Del Piero and Ivan Zanetti.

Can you tell me why Maldini still plays for AC Milan? Do you know the number of guys who have patnered him and left him at Milan : Baresi, Costacurta, Jaap Stam, Kaladze, Nesta etc
what of Del Piero: Ravanelli, Vieri, Boksic, Inzaghi, Zalayeta, Trezeguet, Iaquinta, Amauri and counting
what of Totti:, Delvecchio, Montella, Batistuta, Cassano, Vucinic,
Re: Bernd Schuster sacked, Juande Ramos new coach at Real Madrid by debosky(m): 5:00pm On Dec 10, 2008
Even at MU - can anyone tell me why Giggs or Neville still play? And you want to talk about Raul and Salgado? Every team has those dinosaurs tongue

@ DK

for once shocked shocked I agree - you can only coach what is in front of you - to go from Getafe to Real and WIN immediately is a VERY GOOD achievement, given the egos and behind the scenes manouverings to undermine you.

I'm sure Fabio's first coaching job was not as glamorous as his later endeavours - Schuster may achieve up to Capello if he gets the same opportunities.
Re: Bernd Schuster sacked, Juande Ramos new coach at Real Madrid by Nobody: 5:18pm On Dec 10, 2008
@debosky,
They sack coaches at will because they feel they will get away with it.
It didn't work for a while when they went 4 years without a trophy till they got Capello.
He won LaLiga,but got sacked.Who could be more "Gucci" than Capello?No coach has no style than him,so maybe he's too ugly.

That's why it's a circus act.I think that if someone with a real football background is running Real,they wouldn't be sacking coaches at this frequency.
Re: Bernd Schuster sacked, Juande Ramos new coach at Real Madrid by dayokanu(m): 5:34pm On Dec 10, 2008
Pedrag Mijatovic is a top dawg at madrid and he is an ex player, so is Emilo Butragueno.

in the 2000 season they had 3 coaches and won the CL have you thought about that?
Re: Bernd Schuster sacked, Juande Ramos new coach at Real Madrid by Sauron1: 5:53pm On Dec 10, 2008
dayokanu:

@Sharon,
Perez operated succesfully with the "Zidanes and Pavons" policy which means he buys megastars upfront and anybody can play the defence.Madrid won CL's with Karanka, Mejia, Pavon, Raul Bravo, ailing Hierro, Salgado, Geremi, Ivan Helguera I don't think any of these is even close to world class and can't be compared to Canavaro, Pepe and Sergio Ramos that play now

Isn't that the point everyone is making. . . . . . .U cannot assemble a team of soccer stars and win ANYTHING. There has to be a balance.
The very successful Madrid team under Del Bosque had many water carriers. . . . . .MAKELELE comes to mind.
What happened to Madrid when they sold him to Chelski? Check your wiki grin cheesy grin

Galacticos cannot win shyte. . . . . . . .Of course, the entertainment quality is there.
They would wow, thrill and make fans laugh but nothing would come out of it in the end like our friends in North London.
If Madrid is gonna harp on ENTERTAINMENT, they can opt out of La Liga and play exhibition games for Billionaires.
The Glazers, Roman, Shiwanatra and other soccer loving big guns would pay to watch em.

@ Debosky,

How many games have Giggsy, Neville and Scholesy started this season??
Neville didn't play in Moscow. . . . . . .Giggsy joined in the extra time.
Are u sure RAUL wouldn't have started for Madrid in a Champions League final even if he is on crutches??
Re: Bernd Schuster sacked, Juande Ramos new coach at Real Madrid by dayokanu(m): 6:25pm On Dec 10, 2008
Madrid won with a team of superstars in 2002 and 2000 with a lot of defensive frailties because their attack is so overwhelming that most opponents dont even attack them. The "Very succesful" Del Bosque team has Karanka, Mejia, Pavon, Raul Bravo, ailing Hierro, Salgado, Geremi, Ivan Helguera as defenders none of them is world class yet they won what inference can we draw?

Brazil does the same Brilliant attackers/midfielders but poor defenders and they still win tourneys

Maldini still starts for Milan at his age, Kahn played for Munich till he retired, Del Piero, Totti would still play regardless of their form
Re: Bernd Schuster sacked, Juande Ramos new coach at Real Madrid by Sauron1: 7:16pm On Dec 10, 2008
dayokanu:

Madrid won with a team of superstars in 2002 and 2000 with a lot of defensive frailties because their attack is so overwhelming that most opponents don't even attack them. The "Very succesful" Del Bosque team has Karanka, Mejia, Pavon, Raul Bravo, ailing Hierro, Salgado, Geremi, Ivan Helguera as defenders none of them is world class yet they won what inference can we draw?

Maybe it's the POWER SHIFT in Europe.
It's not as if Madrid have lowered their standards in any way but no matter what they do, sign or loan. . . . .The PREMIERSHIP teams seem to have put a huge distance between themselves and La Liga teams and the other leagues in Europe.
I am not convinced any Madrid team can beat Arsenal or Liverpool this season.
Re: Bernd Schuster sacked, Juande Ramos new coach at Real Madrid by hustler(m): 7:23pm On Dec 10, 2008
Predrag Mijatoviccccccc, He and Calderon were just waiting for Schuster to make the wrong comments so they could fire him. He fell into their trap. But which coach is going to deliver immediately with all their injury problems.

Ramos will try his best sha. And i think he will do well in the UCL. For the league, no club in the world plays better football than Pep's Barca at the moment. It will take a lengthy injury list or a mutiny of some sort to stop their imperious form.
Re: Bernd Schuster sacked, Juande Ramos new coach at Real Madrid by mykali(m): 8:00pm On Dec 10, 2008
they play today under juande Ramos for the 1st time. we'll see what ensues from then on.
Re: Bernd Schuster sacked, Juande Ramos new coach at Real Madrid by Nobody: 7:41am On Dec 11, 2008
@hustler,
You are DEAD RIGHT.
Real was just looking to offload him.And injuries did not help in any way.
Re: Bernd Schuster sacked, Juande Ramos new coach at Real Madrid by dayokanu(m): 7:46am On Dec 11, 2008
Mijatovic sacked Schuster because they did not see eye to eye then results and Injuries went against him too

(1) (2) (Reply)

Club Football Transfers This Season / Liverpool Vs Everton (3 - 0) On March 13 2012 / Funny (PHOTO) From'jose Mourinho' Abusing Barcelona Match Against Bayern Munich

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.