Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,286 members, 7,807,971 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:33 AM

Food For Thought! Is Nigeria An Islamic, Christian Or Secular State?? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Food For Thought! Is Nigeria An Islamic, Christian Or Secular State?? (966 Views)

Jonathan’s Statement That He’s Not Finished With Nigeria An Expensive Joke-muric / Nigeria Is And Must Remain A Secular State / "Make Nigeria A Secular State And Expose B'Haram Sponsors"-owo Anglican Bishop (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Food For Thought! Is Nigeria An Islamic, Christian Or Secular State?? by coolviv: 5:19pm On Dec 21, 2014
It has recently come to the public notice that the Nigerian constitution mentions the sharia law 73 times, Grand Khadi 54 times, Islam 28 times and Muslims 10 times. And...........There is not one single mention of Christians, Christ or the church in the whole constitution.

Scary thought really and even more so when the fact is considered that one of the popular presidential candidates,had sworn to bring sharia to the whole country in 2001. This then begs the question....what are,Christian Nigerians supposed to do now? What will the enlightened and forward thinking Muslims...mostly westerners...do now? Vote for a condition where they would be forced to live under a merciless law that would cut their limbs or take their life without any room for repentance or rehabilitation should they commit any crime? How about the Christians who the,constitution does not even recognize at all...should they vote to put a government in power that will have enough control to convert or kill them?

Then, should the above people choose not to vote the above government, what options do they even have left? Remain with a weak government that has so much flamboyant and careless corruption, clueless and ineffective handling of problems, insecurity from criminals and government agencies alike?....The list goes on.

Truth is we are stuck between the ocean and the deep blue sea...The incumbent is no good...the opposition is suspiciously dangerous to our health.

One then asks, is there another presidential candidate somewhere who though unpopular and poorly funded has the pedigree to lead us to the promised land. If there is anyone, then we as Nigerians should rise up and back such a person to lead us.
If not, then may God save us all.

2 Likes

Re: Food For Thought! Is Nigeria An Islamic, Christian Or Secular State?? by kestolove95(m): 5:22pm On Dec 21, 2014
kip it to urself op...d president nd d senate president ar xtain,if it matters dey for don make move to amend d constitution..abg we not complainin..leav am lyk dat.
Re: Food For Thought! Is Nigeria An Islamic, Christian Or Secular State?? by LillyAnne(f): 5:22pm On Dec 21, 2014
It's a traditional state cry
Re: Food For Thought! Is Nigeria An Islamic, Christian Or Secular State?? by coolviv: 5:46pm On Dec 21, 2014
I understand that when the issue was raised and the possibility of an amendment was raised, the Islamic reps there said the country should be ready for a blood bath if they amended those parts of the constitution in anyway.
Don't take my word for it though, you could google it to read more.
kestolove95:
kip it to urself op...d president nd d senate president ar xtain,if it matters dey for don make move to amend d constitution..abg we not complainin..leav am lyk dat.
Re: Food For Thought! Is Nigeria An Islamic, Christian Or Secular State?? by kestolove95(m): 5:54pm On Dec 21, 2014
coolviv:
I understand that when the issue was raised and the possibility of an amendment was raised, the Islamic reps there said the country should be ready for a blood bath if they amended those parts of the constitution in anyway.
Don't take my word for it though, you could google it to read more.
y not giv mi source to ur claim?....i hv been an active listenin ears to d national assembli activities since 2003..no member has eva raise dat issue..pls lets kip dix country,its d onli one we have..dnt allow d white men religion to divide us...GodBlessNigeria
Re: Food For Thought! Is Nigeria An Islamic, Christian Or Secular State?? by Nobody: 6:05pm On Dec 21, 2014
FOOD FOR THOUGHT INDEED. GOD BLESS YOU OP
Re: Food For Thought! Is Nigeria An Islamic, Christian Or Secular State?? by Nobody: 6:13pm On Dec 21, 2014
kestolove95:
WHAT IS THE MEANING OF @BOLDED

1 Like

Re: Food For Thought! Is Nigeria An Islamic, Christian Or Secular State?? by okosodo: 6:13pm On Dec 21, 2014
Nigeria is an islamic state wether you like it or not

1 Like

Re: Food For Thought! Is Nigeria An Islamic, Christian Or Secular State?? by coolviv: 6:16pm On Dec 21, 2014
Ok type in Islamic agenda for Nigeria on google and you will see different articles on it. I understand your fear so much for I have felt it too but I decided not to live like an ostrich burying my head in the sand because I dont want to face the truth. Read on the Abuja declaration of 1999 and know beyond any doubt that greater powers at the top mean to make Nigeria an Islamic state and they have the funds to do it. Only prayers will save this country believe me.
kestolove95:
y not giv mi source to ur claim?....i hv been an active listenin ears to d national assembli activities since 2003..no member has eva raise dat issue..pls lets kip dix country,its d onli one we have..dnt allow d white men religion to divide us...GodBlessNigeria
Re: Food For Thought! Is Nigeria An Islamic, Christian Or Secular State?? by stanech: 6:18pm On Dec 21, 2014
Nigeria is an islamic state but the chritians have not realised it yet

1 Like

Re: Food For Thought! Is Nigeria An Islamic, Christian Or Secular State?? by Dannylux: 6:44pm On Dec 21, 2014
A confused state.
Re: Food For Thought! Is Nigeria An Islamic, Christian Or Secular State?? by MASTERM(m): 7:32pm On Dec 21, 2014
Is next year that nigeria will become history and all will be freed from the evil bondage oh.

1 Like

Re: Food For Thought! Is Nigeria An Islamic, Christian Or Secular State?? by traware(m): 7:52pm On Dec 21, 2014
'Nigeria is a Pagan nation'-'Pagan9ja'
Re: Food For Thought! Is Nigeria An Islamic, Christian Or Secular State?? by tartar9(m): 9:11pm On Dec 21, 2014
an Islamic state under Shariah not yet but very soon INSHA-ALLAH.
Re: Food For Thought! Is Nigeria An Islamic, Christian Or Secular State?? by coolviv: 7:45am On Dec 27, 2014
Do you know even in Lagos here, Idumota to be precise, a Muslim bike man had a little accident with a Christian car driver and immediately brought out a dagger and clearly said in broken English when people tried to stop him ' make me deal with this infidel'. Imagine such a person having the backing of the government, who will be safe.

(1) (Reply)

Sultan Of Sokoto To Jonathan: End Insurgency, Don’t Disenfranchise Nigerians / omg; See Crowd As Buhari Emerge From His Car. At Apc Preisdential Rally Kano / Live Broadcast Of PDP Governorship Rally Akwa Ibom State In Oron LGA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.