Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,556 members, 7,809,028 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:16 PM

How Much Did You Change Dollar To Naira Via Internet Banking? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How Much Did You Change Dollar To Naira Via Internet Banking? (1657 Views)

Ifeanyi Ubah: 'I Can Bring The US-Dollar To N200 In One Month' / GTBank's Internet Banking Services...totally OVER-HYPED! / How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Much Did You Change Dollar To Naira Via Internet Banking? by Nobody: 6:12pm On Dec 21, 2014
please share. I need info. Thank
Re: How Much Did You Change Dollar To Naira Via Internet Banking? by sequence(m): 6:33pm On Dec 21, 2014
187 as at last week
Re: How Much Did You Change Dollar To Naira Via Internet Banking? by Nobody: 7:06pm On Dec 21, 2014
sequence:
187 as at last week
Thanks... licking lips
Re: How Much Did You Change Dollar To Naira Via Internet Banking? by sholatech(m): 7:37pm On Dec 21, 2014
Via Internet Banking..any bank changed your USD in account to Naira at 187?? Pls advice us on which bank
Re: How Much Did You Change Dollar To Naira Via Internet Banking? by Nobody: 7:28am On Dec 22, 2014
sholatech:
Via Internet Banking..any bank changed your USD in account to Naira at 187?? Pls advice us on which bank
i think that dude misunderstood my question. Though a friend who made payment to purchase domain name said he was charged N190/$
Re: How Much Did You Change Dollar To Naira Via Internet Banking? by Nobody: 7:30am On Dec 22, 2014
sequence:
187 as at last week
bros, what I meant, in case you didn't understand my question, is that if you had money withdrawn in your dorm account, at what rate did the bank convert the dollars to Naira for you? I am not talking about paying with your card for services or product online.
Re: How Much Did You Change Dollar To Naira Via Internet Banking? by bedfordng(m): 8:01am On Dec 22, 2014
are nigerian banks changing dols to naira after withdrawal.they always tell me to go to aboki black market
Re: How Much Did You Change Dollar To Naira Via Internet Banking? by sholatech(m): 8:02am On Dec 22, 2014
Usually banks change USD in account to Naira at Cbn rate. Atimes at interbank rate. But always far less than prevailing black market rate
Re: How Much Did You Change Dollar To Naira Via Internet Banking? by goldtooth: 12:23pm On Dec 22, 2014
2sExy1:
bros, what I meant, in case you didn't understand my question, is that if you had money withdrawn in your dorm account, at what rate did the bank convert the dollars to Naira for you? I am not talking about paying with your card for services or product online.

Bro payment into and withdrawal frm a dorm account should be in the currency in which the dorm was opened. A bank cannot pay you in naira when withdrawing from your dorm account because that is not what you paid in, as this is not western union. They pay you in dollars etc. You can then go and change in black market which I believe will be higher than bank.
Re: How Much Did You Change Dollar To Naira Via Internet Banking? by toluxa1(m): 12:25pm On Dec 22, 2014
GTB charged 189 this morning.
Re: How Much Did You Change Dollar To Naira Via Internet Banking? by Nobody: 1:12pm On Dec 22, 2014
goldtooth:

Bro payment into and withdrawal frm a dorm account should be in the currency in which the dorm was opened. A bank cannot pay you in naira when withdrawing from your dorm account because that is not what you paid in, as this is not western union. They pay you in dollars etc. You can then go and change in black market which I believe will be higher than bank.

Times have changed bro. I have recieved over $5000 with my dorm account and each time, I transfer the sum to my savings account electronically all online.

Even my western union is done online. I haven't visited the bank for western union transfer except once this year.

What part of the world do you live in bro smiley?
Re: How Much Did You Change Dollar To Naira Via Internet Banking? by Nobody: 1:22pm On Dec 22, 2014
bedfordng:
are nigerian banks changing dols to naira after withdrawal.they always tell me to go to aboki black market
bro, you can withdraw from your dorm account to your savings account by changing the dollar to naira first without going to the black market. I use GTB and such service is available there.

Even my friend who showed me this method tried to do it the traditional way last time by requesting that he be paid in dollars at the bank, they told him to use internet banking. Me I go just lie give them say my laptop don lost and I need the money urgently. If them say make dem pay me in naira at the bank I go ask dem say whether na dem get the money wey dem go dictate wetin I go do with my own money.

1 Like

Re: How Much Did You Change Dollar To Naira Via Internet Banking? by bedfordng(m): 1:52pm On Dec 22, 2014
2sExy1:
bro, you can withdraw from your dorm account to your savings account by changing the dollar to naira first without going to the black market. I use GTB and such service is available there.

Even my friend who showed me this method tried to do it the traditional way last time by requesting that he be paid in dollars at the bank, they told him to use internet banking. Me I go just lie give them say my laptop don lost and I need the money urgently. If them say make dem pay me in naira at the bank I go ask dem say whether na dem get the money wey dem go dictate wetin I go do with my own money.
i have asked them to change it for me but they keep telling me they don't offer such service.same gtbank at my end.the least they could do is to call a norther black market dealer to do the exchange for me in the bank.at times if not available, i have to go to the dealer at black market
Re: How Much Did You Change Dollar To Naira Via Internet Banking? by Nobody: 3:37pm On Dec 22, 2014
bedfordng:
i have asked them to change it for me but they keep telling me they don't offer such service.same gtbank at my end.the least they could do is to call a norther black market dealer to do the exchange for me in the bank.at times if not available, i have to go to the dealer at black market
do you have internet banking enabled on your account? If yes, all you have to do is log in to your account and do the transfer but frankly, black market will be more benefitting but not with an already arranged aboki whom might cheat you in accordance with previously agreed rates with the bank. So, I advice you collect your dollar and find aboki by yourself.

(1) (Reply)

You Can Import Your Own Doors Directly From Turkey!! This Ad. Includes PROFIT.. / Toyota Dyna 150 Needed / Real Paying Survey Sites

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.