Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,852 members, 7,806,407 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 03:57 PM

Jumia Vs Konga - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Jumia Vs Konga (9459 Views)

JUMIA vs Konga: KONGA Will Always Be Smarter. / Innjoo I1s (jumia) Vs Infinix HOT X507 (konga) ?? / Jumia Vs Konga Online Stores (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jumia Vs Konga by donbenie(m): 7:01pm On Dec 22, 2014
While I have never used Jumia and can't therefore testify on their efficiency,on the other hand,I've been a regular customer with Konga for the past 2 years and based on my experience,I'll give them 8.5 /10 rating,the only issue I've got with them would be that the last time I ordered they asked me to come to the state capital to collect it,due to this their new pay on delivery thing,which is a 3 hours journey from my aboard..
Re: Jumia Vs Konga by sniperwolf(m): 8:00pm On Dec 22, 2014
Kimmo:

Delivery was certainly NOT free. I ordered four items, they only brought two of them and I still paid 500 Naira for delivery. I live in Lagos, in case you're wondering.

Free delivery is made for orders above 10,000
Re: Jumia Vs Konga by waynizhayodele: 9:26pm On Dec 22, 2014
I bought a bluetooth speaker from Jumia it was delivered in 4 days was so surprise on opening the item it was cool.. I tried charge it for days I swear this thing no gree ON.. on getting on konga I searched for the bluetooth I bought from Jumia for 4500 naira with delivery it's 5150 naira.. on getting to konga the bluetooth it self is 3100 naira with the delivery is 4100.. I guess KONGA is more better than Jumia.. stupid jumiaaaaaaaa cry cry cry cry
Re: Jumia Vs Konga by crowntoro(f): 9:34pm On Dec 22, 2014
gloryl:
Try Kaymu..

www.kaymu.com.ng
you kon even spoil everything with kaymu wey u mention
Re: Jumia Vs Konga by Omolola1(f): 9:45pm On Dec 22, 2014
Konga sucks!
Poor service
Poor delivery
Awon Konga ti ya weyrey
Since november 23rd I ordered a phone, and avent gotten it up till today.
Their customer service keep giving me the same story about being out of stock
I ordered a power bank a week after, till this moment, both the power bank and the phone hasn't gotten to me.
A friend introduced me to Kaymu, and within three days they delivered the phone I ordered, and even called me days after to ask if I was having problems with the phone or not.
I avent tried Jumia though.
Konga is just a waste of online space. Those guys are clueless
Re: Jumia Vs Konga by fadeofresh(m): 9:54pm On Dec 22, 2014
When I started shopping online I ordered from both Jumia and Konga. I live along badagry expressway close to Agbara, so i wanted to find out if they would come all the way down to that region. Now both of them always boast about Nationwide Delivery, so it was time to put all the radio and tv adverts to the test. I was expecting Jumia to deliver because they seemed more established they had more adverts and jingles et all both surprisingly Jumia called me and told me they cld not deliver to that part of lagos that i shld choose anoda address. I ended up cancelling the order. Konga on the other hand surprised me and delivered the goods to my doorstep. and i paid on delivery although the konga delivery has gotten stuck on the very bad road a couple of times. They still continues to deliver. So in my opinion I think Konga has lived up to expectation. I don't even want to go into the fact that goods on konga are relatively cheaper than they are on Jumia. Konga All The Way!!!

2 Likes

Re: Jumia Vs Konga by Thorby(m): 10:33pm On Dec 22, 2014
Konga is better I think but I haven't tried jumia yet.
The product I ordered during their yakata sales was delivered to me 10 days later(though I never expected they could deliver it)
I ordered another on the 16th of this month and it got delivered to me today....
Konga is still okay.
Re: Jumia Vs Konga by oluwaseunla(m): 11:09pm On Dec 22, 2014
sniperwolf:

Free delivery on konga is actually on orders from 5,000 naira and above. It's written on their website, last I checked.
Re: Jumia Vs Konga by boladez(m): 1:45am On Dec 23, 2014
.Run from Jumia....bad customer service arrogant and defective items.
Re: Jumia Vs Konga by sniperwolf(m): 7:16am On Dec 23, 2014
Inasmuch as people don't trust Jumia, they are my favourite. I've never tried Konga because I don't like their website's interface and they don't have good (or they have less items) like Jumia
Re: Jumia Vs Konga by luluosas(m): 5:32pm On Dec 23, 2014
If you need fast delivery of your orders, try www.deluxe.com.ng a new entrant into the Nigerian online retail market.
I bought a Samsung DV150F Digital Camera from them and it took 2 days for delivery in Yola.
Although they are young, but I have tested them and they deliver. Try them today.
Re: Jumia Vs Konga by KIDorazulume(m): 6:48pm On Dec 23, 2014
konga all the way baby.

Made orders late yesterday, got dem by midday today. free delivery right to my doorstep
Re: Jumia Vs Konga by UniqueGem(m): 8:25pm On Dec 23, 2014
Konga merchants take too long before delivering items. My experiences with them haven't been rosy at all. I remember my first order, it took the merchant 4 days before contacting me to inquire more about my order, that was after I have forgotten I placed an order ooo. It took him extra 3 days before the delivery man came to my house, but trust me, I took that delivery man through hell, posting him from day to day and here to there. I later went to UPs office to pick it up myself. That's how I roll till date; place an order, when the merchant calls, I ask him/her to leave the package at UPs office in Gbagada on or before so so so day, I go and pick it whenever I like.
Re: Jumia Vs Konga by Kimmo(f): 12:41pm On Dec 25, 2014
sniperwolf:

Unless that started after I made my order. I definitely paid 500 Naira as clearly stated online and in the invoice the delivery man brought. I ordered stuff worth 19,850.
Re: Jumia Vs Konga by abatically(m): 3:23pm On Dec 25, 2014
Konga for me. I been using jumia a long time before trying konga. Both services are good, but konga delivers faster than jumia. What I do these days is when I see something I wanna buy, I'll just order for the product on both websites using pay on delivery. Konga delivers within 3-5 days while jumia always call me about 1 week after konga might have delivered and I just tell them never to bother as I've gotten the product somewhere else. I've done this countless of times and konga always deliver first.
Re: Jumia Vs Konga by princessmiaize: 8:51am On Apr 12, 2015
Been using Jumia almost 2yrs now. And last year, I decided to try Konga out too. I'll be as honest as possible, especially since I've experienced bad days with both.

Range of Products: Jumia has a wider range of products. Konga doesnt.

Website design: jumia's website is more user-friendly n even more attractive than Konga.

Customer service: jumia has the worst customer service. Konga feels more personal n almost friendly unlike the detached, slow to respond to requests attitude of jumia.

Product quality: I don't know if they don't have quality assurance team, but both sites delivered almost-expired grocery items. (Hair product from jumia, chocolates from konga).

Delivery packaging: konga's packing is definitely the best. They even use bubble-wrap for some items dat culd break.

Pay on delivery: I've heard reports that jumia doesn't do pay on delivery to certain states unlike Konga.

Delivery charge: for residents in PH, we pay 1000 for delivery from Konga, but Jumia delivers with 750naira.

Delivery time: jumia delivers as fast as 2days after order is placed. I get my items 8days max. Konga has never delivered my products on time. My 1st experience, I placed the order December 16. Didn't get the products till January 23. And I called severally for the location. I almost placed another order.i assumed it was the traffic of the holiday season, but my next order took 2nhalf weeks to arrive too.

Online payment: do not pay online wit jumia! I have always used pay on delivery. So this year, decided I could trust dem with my money, 1st order was good... 2nd was terrible, so was d 3rd n 4th. My advice: Always pay on delivery. My money got stuck with them 3 orders in a row. N didn't get refund until almost 2months later. I paid online on Konga just once, so I can't give much details on that.

Prices: I have seen one or two products on jumia that were actually cheaper than same products in konga. However, most products are generally cheaper on Konga than Jumia.

Vouchers: jumia sales are way more advanced. You get free discount vouchers almost every 2wks or less. I havnt gotten a single discount voucher from konga. Except for 2000naira for your NEXT purchase but only for your first order ABOVE 20k from the app.
(for jumia, when you download the app, you can use the voucher immediately for that first order above 5k).

All in all: I still love jumia. Would go with them anytym I can't find a product on Konga. Plus, compare prices of products from Konga and jumia before u hit that 'buy' button. Most sellers, sell on both jumia and konga. Wen I need something, fast, I get from jumia. Even if the price is a bit high, the voucher can cover the extra costs plus delivery charge. Just won't use online payment EVER AGAIN!
grin

Happy shopping nairalanders!

2 Likes

Re: Jumia Vs Konga by invisible4d: 7:38pm On Apr 20, 2015
princessmiaize:
Been using Jumia almost 2yrs now. And last year, I decided to try Konga out too. I'll be as honest as possible, especially since I've experienced bad days with both.

Range of Products: Jumia has a wider range of products. Konga doesnt.

Website design: jumia's website is more user-friendly n even more attractive than Konga.

Customer service: jumia has the worst customer service. Konga feels more personal n almost friendly unlike the detached, slow to respond to requests attitude of jumia.

Product quality: I don't know if they don't have quality assurance team, but both sites delivered almost-expired grocery items. (Hair product from jumia, chocolates from konga).

Delivery packaging: konga's packing is definitely the best. They even use bubble-wrap for some items dat culd break.

Pay on delivery: I've heard reports that jumia doesn't do pay on delivery to certain states unlike Konga.

Delivery charge: for residents in PH, we pay 1000 for delivery from Konga, but Jumia delivers with 750naira.

Delivery time: jumia delivers as fast as 2days after order is placed. I get my items 8days max. Konga has never delivered my products on time. My 1st experience, I placed the order December 16. Didn't get the products till January 23. And I called severally for the location. I almost placed another order.i assumed it was the traffic of the holiday season, but my next order took 2nhalf weeks to arrive too.

Online payment: do not pay online wit jumia! I have always used pay on delivery. So this year, decided I could trust dem with my money, 1st order was good... 2nd was terrible, so was d 3rd n 4th. My advice: Always pay on delivery. My money got stuck with them 3 orders in a row. N didn't get refund until almost 2months later. I paid online on Konga just once, so I can't give much details on that.

Prices: I have seen one or two products on jumia that were actually cheaper than same products in konga. However, most products are generally cheaper on Konga than Jumia.

Vouchers: jumia sales are way more advanced. You get free discount vouchers almost every 2wks or less. I havnt gotten a single discount voucher from konga. Except for 2000naira for your NEXT purchase but only for your first order ABOVE 20k from the app.
(for jumia, when you download the app, you can use the voucher immediately for that first order above 5k).

All in all: I still love jumia. Would go with them anytym I can't find a product on Konga. Plus, compare prices of products from Konga and jumia before u hit that 'buy' button. Most sellers, sell on both jumia and konga. Wen I need something, fast, I get from jumia. Even if the price is a bit high, the voucher can cover the extra costs plus delivery charge. Just won't use online payment EVER AGAIN!
grin

Happy shopping nairalanders!
please how do I place my order with the free voucher have been trying it and the 2000 naira free voucher is not reflecting on my order
Re: Jumia Vs Konga by gudluckgreat(m): 10:13am On Apr 22, 2015
rattlesnake:
haba

na wa for u ooo

even if u want jumia pay on delivery to potiskum jumia does it

hian!!!!!!!!!
Abeg na lie. It doesn't even apply in owerri and aba . jumia are just killing their vibe with few pick up stations
Re: Jumia Vs Konga by gudluckgreat(m): 10:19am On Apr 22, 2015
luluosas:
If you need fast delivery of your orders, try www.deluxe.com.ng a new entrant into the Nigerian online retail market.
I bought a Samsung DV150F Digital Camera from them and it took 2 days for delivery in Yola.
Although they are young, but I have tested them and they deliver. Try them today.

Do they do pay on delivery
Re: Jumia Vs Konga by zainab007(f): 12:02pm On Apr 22, 2015
waynizhayodele:
I bought a bluetooth speaker from Jumia it was delivered in 4 days was so surprise on opening the item it was cool.. I tried charge it for days I swear this thing no gree ON.. on getting on konga I searched for the bluetooth I bought from Jumia for 4500 naira with delivery it's 5150 naira.. on getting to konga the bluetooth it self is 3100 naira with the delivery is 4100.. I guess KONGA is more better than Jumia.. stupid jumiaaaaaaaa cry cry cry cry

some products are more expensive in konga too
Re: Jumia Vs Konga by Olizey(m): 8:08am On Dec 22, 2015
[color=#770077][/color]
DoroMega:
Konga rocks!
DoroMega:
Konga rocks!
DoroMega:
Konga rocks!
. JUMIA DON'T UPGRADE THEIR STOCK REGULARLY #TRASH
Re: Jumia Vs Konga by Default01: 6:01pm On Dec 22, 2015
the one way they pain me most nah slot 2weeks now they never deliver the goods and am in abuja i tire for them
Re: Jumia Vs Konga by Babanhajiya(m): 9:21pm On Dec 22, 2015
I prefer konga to jumia because of pay on delivery to every corner of this country and shipping used to be free on konga though it is 1500 now to my location in Jos, but it is still cheaper compared to jumia's 2500 and I must pay online. Konga is the best for me any day anytime.

1 Like

Re: Jumia Vs Konga by Bodmit(m): 6:45am On Feb 05, 2016
I stick to my jumia, no Bleep since I have been ordering them, even with the shipping fees. No regret. Big up 2 Jumia.
Re: Jumia Vs Konga by tycomm(m): 6:54am On Feb 05, 2016
boladez:
.Run from Jumia....bad customer service arrogant and defective items.

On point
Guam!!!!!!!!
Re: Jumia Vs Konga by Xhaka(m): 10:06am On Feb 05, 2016
Both online shops will still scam someone on black friday
Re: Jumia Vs Konga by daren5260: 4:42am On Dec 29, 2017
jumia is far way the best konga isnt good because they have canceled pay on delivery i dont understand oh jumia calls you after placing and order

(1) (2) (Reply)

Bolt Browser Has Been Discontinued / Be Nice To Your Sad Friends With Blackberries By Sam Biddle / Blackberry Questions Answered Here:

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.