Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,331 members, 7,808,114 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:22 AM

Igbo People Characteristics - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Igbo People Characteristics (11475 Views)

Interesting Facts About The Igbo People / Distinguishing Physical Characteristics Of Nigerian Ethnic Groups / Marriage between Yoruba And Igbo people On The Rise (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Igbo People Characteristics by lumini: 8:02pm On Dec 21, 2014
Hi everyone!

I am not nigerian, but I have recently been compared to Igbo people, and I would like to know more about this ethnic group. In particular, I want to understand how Yoruba and Hausa perceive Igbo people and maybe also hoy Igbo people perceive themselves.

Thank you for your answers!
Re: Igbo People Characteristics by bigfrancis21: 9:52pm On Dec 21, 2014
lumini:
Hi everyone!

I am not nigerian, but I have recently been compared to Igbo people, and I would like to know more about this ethnic group. In particular, I want to understand how Yoruba and Hausa perceive Igbo people and maybe also hoy Igbo people perceive themselves.

I can give you the answer you need. First off, where are you from?
Re: Igbo People Characteristics by lumini: 3:33am On Dec 22, 2014
I am from Geneva (Switzerland), but i am currently living in London. A Yoruba friend of mine told me that if I were nigerian, people will think I am Igbo. He said it because I am business oriented, but I am interested to know more about it.
Re: Igbo People Characteristics by tonychristopher: 4:32am On Dec 22, 2014
lumini:
Hi everyone!

Igbo are from the eastern Nigerian and you know that wise men always come from the east

Igbo are smart and hardworking ..they are domineering and dominate the Nigerian space economically and educationally and like Jews they are they are innovative

They fought war for years using technologybtgat marveled the world . The world powers supported Nigeria to fight Igbo the Igbo stood their feet. The Igbo were supported by isreal and few other countries . The war ended no victor ..then Igbo were poor due to cost of war but they bounced back again today to take over the whole economy even west Africa

Icons are independent and proud

We are also cool and we are open minded but not cowards

There we are ...we have like 50 million people globally and doing well

3 Likes

Re: Igbo People Characteristics by lumini: 7:24pm On Dec 23, 2014
What do you think of this as a description for Igbo?

1. Very friendly
2. Very Smart [Others call it 419]
3. Can adapt to any situation [even hell]
4. Very sensitive [Obama Campaign fund Raising]
5. Always optimistic [Naija go better]
6. Hard working [Go to Lagos to confirm this]
7. Hate cheating [others call this arrogant]
8. As a Nigerian you must know how to praise yourself [others call this arrogant]
9. We don't care about what people say about us [others call this arrogant]
10. We always want to lead [others call this arrogant]

I found it on another threat related to 10 characteristics of nigerian, but someone said 'I think you meant 10 characteristics of an Igbo man'

4 Likes

Re: Igbo People Characteristics by Nobody: 11:55am On Dec 24, 2014
lumini:
What do you think of this as a description for Igbo?

1. Very friendly
2. Very Smart [Others call it 419]
3. Can adapt to any situation [even hell]
4. Very sensitive [Obama Campaign fund Raising]
5. Always optimistic [Naija go better]
6. Hard working [Go to Lagos to confirm this]
7. Hate cheating [others call this arrogant]
8. As a Nigerian you must know how to praise yourself [others call this arrogant]
9. We don't care about what people say about us [others call this arrogant]
10. We always want to lead [others call this arrogant]

I found it on another threat related to 10 characteristics of nigerian, but someone said 'I think you meant 10 characteristics of an Igbo man'
*yimu*. not all true
Re: Igbo People Characteristics by Exjoker(m): 9:29pm On Dec 24, 2014
lumini:
Hi everyone!

I guess you love money too much. you are ready do anything to be rich
Re: Igbo People Characteristics by Penssuwa(m): 11:37am On Dec 28, 2014
*have beautiful ladies
*love being independent (even frm childhood)
*very competitive,
*business oriented.
*proud of their women and love spending on them.
*love living a luxurious life.
*can adapt to any circumstance.
*attach success to wealth.
*Dread poverty with passion.
*smart (some are crafty though).
*very generous and chivarlous.
*accent faking (ladies)
*love travelling (not like the nomads)
Igbos are everywhere

1 Like

Re: Igbo People Characteristics by bigfrancis21: 10:55pm On Dec 28, 2014
lumini:
Hi everyone!

If you're business-minded, independent, finance-savvy, smart, a light-skinned black (does 'red Igbo' of yore ring a bell?) e.t.c. you're exhibiting characteristics attributable by other tribes to Igbo.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Aju Festival Of Ugbo People. (IWA AKWA). / The Tribes Of Nigeria Are Fake. / Candle Light For The Dead, How Relevant?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.