Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,487 members, 7,770,191 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 07:06 AM

1200 Christmas Chickens Lost To Auto Accident - Food (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / 1200 Christmas Chickens Lost To Auto Accident (23940 Views)

Moment When Christmas Chickens Are Not In Happy Mood(hilarious Photo) / Why Nigerians Prefer Smuggled Frozen Chickens / Have You Eaten The Black Chickens From Indonesia (see Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 1200 Christmas Chickens Lost To Auto Accident by greatnow: 5:36am On Dec 22, 2014
lekhane:
Bad business, thank God no life was lost, that's the most important. Once there is life, hope still dey...
They told you that 1200 christmas chickens died and your saying thank God no life was lost ....RIP to the chickens
Re: 1200 Christmas Chickens Lost To Auto Accident by Whizpeter(m): 6:26am On Dec 22, 2014
alomeda600:
ur mathematics is weak
It was a typo, just observed and corrected it...
Re: 1200 Christmas Chickens Lost To Auto Accident by Nobody: 6:34am On Dec 22, 2014
Not 1...not two a whole 1200..
A great loss to the nation..
I pray they died swiftly n painlessly unlike u know..
May their souls rest in perfect peace..
Shaiye...
Re: 1200 Christmas Chickens Lost To Auto Accident by Biggty(m): 6:41am On Dec 22, 2014
See gobe
Re: 1200 Christmas Chickens Lost To Auto Accident by englishmart(m): 7:06am On Dec 22, 2014
clemz88:
3k this xmas period ?I guess u must be high on fanta. Unless u wanna buy epileptic chicken ,then u can go for that of 3k
bros Don't tell me what I know. This is the size of chicken I bought yesterday for #2500. I got 4 for 10k. I don't think there are bigger ones that that

Maybe you live in a place where chickens are expensive

Re: 1200 Christmas Chickens Lost To Auto Accident by Nobody: 7:53am On Dec 22, 2014
We humans offer our most sincere condolences to the chicken republic on the untimely death of their own,accept our deepest sympathy.
Re: 1200 Christmas Chickens Lost To Auto Accident by Vikky014(f): 8:02am On Dec 22, 2014
Junipero:
May the Creator grant them eternal rest..

Only if GEJ had built good roads.. grin

What a sad loss!

May the creator also grant Consolation to their prospective buyers
may the creator grant them internal rest
Re: 1200 Christmas Chickens Lost To Auto Accident by thexzy(m): 8:12am On Dec 22, 2014
Photos please
Re: 1200 Christmas Chickens Lost To Auto Accident by Vikky014(f): 8:13am On Dec 22, 2014
Descartes:

Are you kidding me? undecided
dnt mind him jare.last christmas my granny sold hers at d cost of 4500 lowest price and people were rushing hers cos of their big size
Re: 1200 Christmas Chickens Lost To Auto Accident by Vikky014(f): 8:16am On Dec 22, 2014
Misogynist2014:
Rip to the dead. Whether we are animals or man, we all have one life. They lived in bondage through out, its sad to know they were born to be fed on. Their death is painful to me, money can't buy life. Born for man, killed through man. May God grant you eternally blissful rest till we meet to part no more. Good night. cry
hmmmm cheesy
Re: 1200 Christmas Chickens Lost To Auto Accident by Fraih(f): 8:29am On Dec 22, 2014
ddooskie:
shocked gbese!
RIP to the dead fowls...not the kinda death they envisaged.

Funny....
The fowls knew dey were gona die anyway

1 Like

Re: 1200 Christmas Chickens Lost To Auto Accident by Applaner: 9:18am On Dec 22, 2014
no picture?

l don't believe
Re: 1200 Christmas Chickens Lost To Auto Accident by Moblord(m): 9:37am On Dec 22, 2014
It was however gathered that while some sympathizers were making arrangement to take the injured driver to the hospital for treatment, others were waiting anxiously to prey on the dead fowls.‎
Look at what PDP has caused
Re: 1200 Christmas Chickens Lost To Auto Accident by Descartes: 9:53am On Dec 22, 2014
MichaelSokoto:
Poor chickens sad

Anyways, na diz type dem dey chop 4 Hong kong here wey I dey do skoolin tinz... grin

You are wrong, they normally eat the "chick"
Re: 1200 Christmas Chickens Lost To Auto Accident by Junipero: 12:21pm On Dec 22, 2014
Vikky014:
may the creator grant them internal rest

I'll come back to Naija for YOU next Xmas
Re: 1200 Christmas Chickens Lost To Auto Accident by billionman: 12:47pm On Dec 22, 2014
Junipero:
May the Creator grant them eternal rest..

Only if GEJ had built good roads.. grin

What a sad loss!

May the creator also grant Consolation to their prospective buyers

When last did you travel through the Benin Ore Road? That Road is one of the best in the country presently. Don't you think that the road been too smooth and pothole - free could be part of the reasons the driver dozed off and drifted to the road cutter? One can hardly doze off in a pothole fested Road when he is busy trying to manoeuvre his way through the potholes.I am writing on an objective ground. No hard feelings.
Re: 1200 Christmas Chickens Lost To Auto Accident by Vikky014(f): 1:14pm On Dec 22, 2014
Junipero:

I'll come back to Naija for YOU next Xmas
lol
Re: 1200 Christmas Chickens Lost To Auto Accident by ToyozzieTohBad(f): 2:27pm On Dec 22, 2014
wetin concern "B" with this update na grin grin grin grin
Maczeelly:
B
Re: 1200 Christmas Chickens Lost To Auto Accident by Junipero: 3:07pm On Dec 22, 2014
billionman:

When last did you travel through the Benin Ore Road? That Road is one of the best in the country presently. Don't you think that the road been too smooth and pothole - free could be part of the reasons the driver dozed off and drifted to the road cutter? One can hardly doze off in a pothole fested Road when he is busy trying to manoeuvre his way through the potholes.I am writing on an objective ground. No hard feelings.

No Offence taken... But it's still GEJ's undoing... grin
Re: 1200 Christmas Chickens Lost To Auto Accident by neejay1986(m): 6:55pm On Dec 22, 2014
gratiaeo:
About 1, 200 Christmas chickens valued at about N4,800,000 perished in an early morning auto crash which occurred on Saturday at Adolor junction, Ugbowo, along Benin-Ore highway in Benin City, capital of Edo State.

No human life was however lost in the wreckage of the accident.

The dead chickens were allegedly meant for sale at Uselu market, located at a distance of about half a kilometre from the scene of the accident.

According to an eyewitness account, the driver of the truck conveying the chicken who was said to have driven all night on the Benin-Ore Expressway from unknown destination, apparently lost control after dozing off, before falling into the deep roadside cutter.

The eyewitness, a trader who identified herself simply as Mrs. Amenze, who was close to tears, said, “I pity the driver, so many birds died. This is a big loss.”

It was however gathered that while some sympathizers were making arrangement to take the injured driver to the hospital for treatment, others were waiting anxiously to prey on the dead fowls.‎

http://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2014/12/21/1200-christmas-chickens-lost-to-auto-accident/#
Where is the picture nah? You know I won't believe until I see the aworan.
Re: 1200 Christmas Chickens Lost To Auto Accident by swizzdre(m): 12:08pm On Dec 14, 2015
alexdellafonte:
What a huge loss.
loss! After the sleepless night with no food. I don dey feel d change

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Cheapest Soup / What Is The Difference Between Soup, Stew And Sauce? / Fresh Foods You Shouldn't Keep In Your Refrigerator

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.