Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,569 members, 7,809,072 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:27 PM

Marriage Is An Invention Of Man. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Marriage Is An Invention Of Man. (1002 Views)

See Face Of Man Who Battered His Wife & Inflicted Deep Cut On Her In Lagos(pics) / My Marriage Is Crashing, I Think I Hate Him...Help / My 2 Months Old Marriage Is Crashing - HELP ME (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Marriage Is An Invention Of Man. by Sealeddeal(m): 8:48pm On Dec 21, 2014
Marriage was invented by man to check the competition that arise in search of mating partners. People should understand it and have it at the back of their mind that the so called god's injunctions on marriage are lies. Marriage is not a do or die affair.
I am forced to write this because i have noticed that alot of people are aversed to divorce due to their so called belief that divorce is sinful. People,especially,women have died in their bid to save their marriage,some others have been disfigured in their quest to make their marriage work. You will be destroying the time you need to be happy trying to get married or save your marriage. Having a partner is good but you must not be married and you must not remain married.

2 Likes

Re: Marriage Is An Invention Of Man. by coogar: 9:33pm On Dec 21, 2014
Sealeddeal:
Marriage was invented by man to check the competition that arise in search of mating partners. People should understand it and have it at the back of their mind that the so called god's injunctions on marriage are lies. Marriage is not a do or die affair.
I am forced to write this because i have noticed that alot of people are aversed to divorce due to their so called belief that divorce is sinful. People,especially,women have died in their bid to save their marriage,some others have been disfigured in their quest to make their marriage work. You will be destroying the time you need to be happy trying to get married or save your marriage. Having a partner is good but you must not be married and you must not remain married.

so what do you suggest?
just harangue a woman from the streets & put her in the family way?
Re: Marriage Is An Invention Of Man. by bukatyne(f): 9:45pm On Dec 21, 2014
Sealeddeal:

Your post touched different facets.

1. Marriage was created by God

2. Courtship is important to know your intended; open your eyes

3. Everybody have the instinct of self preservation and know when to walk out when all is lost.

There is still abuse in male/female relationships outside marriage
Re: Marriage Is An Invention Of Man. by jmoore(m): 11:26pm On Dec 21, 2014
No source?

Abeg make I go sleep.
Re: Marriage Is An Invention Of Man. by Sealeddeal(m): 6:26am On Dec 22, 2014
coogar:

so what do you suggest?
just harangue a woman from the streets & put her in the family way?
i didnt say that. My post is inform of advice. People should not be consumed by issues of marriage.
Re: Marriage Is An Invention Of Man. by Sealeddeal(m): 6:38am On Dec 22, 2014
bukatyne:

Your post touched different facets.

1. Marriage was created by God

2. Courtship is important to know your intended; open your eyes

3. Everybody have the instinct of self preservation and know when to walk out when all is lost.

Marriage was not created by any God or gods. Courtship too is important but its importance is not more than the marriage itself to most people and as such,people do alot of thing to scale through courtship and get married and therefore,nobody will surely know the integral part of his partner during courtship. Most people tend to look away and some others hardly see them.
What will save people is first to understand that Marriage is a creation of man and therefore imperfect.Nobody/nothing can make it perfect.
When you get into a rickety bus,leave it ,else it kill.
Re: Marriage Is An Invention Of Man. by Sealeddeal(m): 6:48am On Dec 22, 2014
bukatyne:

There is still abuse in male/female relationships outside marriage
Yes sure! But the abuse in marriage is very harmful just because most people consider marriage a lifetime undertaking and therefore,try to live even as a slavE.They accept every condition they find themselves in. Presently,it is easy to walk out of male/female relationship when abused outside marriage. Everybody must learn to walk out of any abusive marriage.In fact,marriage should not be taken seriosuly.
Re: Marriage Is An Invention Of Man. by BluStreak(m): 8:35am On Dec 22, 2014
When folks want to stick their marriage despite all odds, it most often isn't because they want to stay in the marriage or can't find an alternative, it is mostly because of their kids from that marriage. This applies mostly to the women, men are not left out though.

Except for some individuals who can't love, I don't know how else you will want to leave your adorable ones in the hands of another man or woman to bring up. I don't understand how someone can exist without being responsible for the upbringing of their own childreen and sharing in the love and warmth these adorable ones offer? I can't imagine it myself sha. I don't know about others.

1 Like

Re: Marriage Is An Invention Of Man. by Nobody: 8:38am On Dec 22, 2014
Sealeddeal:

1. Marriage was invented by man to check the competition that arise in search of mating partners. People should understand it and have it at the back of their mind that the so called god's injunctions on marriage are lies.

2. Marriage is not a do or die affair.

3. I am forced to write this because i have noticed that a lot of people are averse to divorce due to their so called belief that divorce is sinful.

4. People,especially,women have died in their bid to save their marriage,some others have been disfigured in their quest to make their marriage work.

5. You will be destroying the time you need to be happy trying to get married or save your marriage. Having a partner is good but you must not be married and you must not remain married.
1. You are part right, and also extremely simplistic in your exposition. It's a man-made institution and there are other man-made inventions too. Our emotional imbalance is not enough reason to demonise these inventions. Relax, man.

2. Co-sign.

3. That's quite unfortunate. Divorce should be used as last resort, but not because of religious reasons. There are many social problems that can be traced to divorce, or the current mode of divorcing, those, to me, are more realistic reasons why divorce should not be wielded lightly.

4. Unfortunate incidents, all of them. People should understand the Law of Escalation as it is instructive in predicting future behaviour based on current behaviour. The problem is, society tends to follow laws/tradition like sheep and become enslaved to their own devices. People should remove themselves from abusive relationships once the abusive spouse shows a proclivity to abuse, despite their best explanations and apologies; actions speak louder than words.

5. Yes, one need not be married, but one needs to remain married in certain instances. Marriage is not about selfishness, if one's life is in danger, it is within reason to remove themselves from such a dangerous marriage. However, if they are leaving just to "find happiness", I believe they should be jailed if possible. wink

3 Likes

Re: Marriage Is An Invention Of Man. by Nobody: 9:08am On Dec 22, 2014
Op, you say marriage was invented by man. Are you saying that Adam created himself, created Eve and then joined himself to her on his own?

I understand where you are coming from about how people stick it out to endure all sorts for the sake of marriage. For some, its not entirely their fault. But there are others who dnt necessarily endure a bad marriage when their lives are at stake be it infidelity or domestic violence. Its a matter of choice really. You are the one wearing the shoes so its a decision you should take yourself. No one is coerce you to remain in a bad marriage when your life is in danger.
Re: Marriage Is An Invention Of Man. by Nobody: 9:18am On Dec 22, 2014
jmoore:
No source?

Abeg make I go sleep.

Do you need a source to think logically...
Re: Marriage Is An Invention Of Man. by jmoore(m): 9:33am On Dec 22, 2014
Aprime: Do you need a source to think logically...

The title of his topic is completely different from the content.
He should tell us the man that invented marriage.

Or does he want us to live like animals?

1 Like

Re: Marriage Is An Invention Of Man. by 5minsmadness: 9:54am On Dec 22, 2014
So, according to the op, a man should just meet a woman on the street and if she appeals to hin physically he can have sex with her and even impregnate her and then go his merry way without any obligation to take care of her when she is pregnant or help her raise the kids or anything for that matter. Just meet and copulate and move on.

Most people are not as wise as they think.

(1) (Reply)

See what candle almost did to a family ( Pix). / Pastor Got A 12-yr-old Pregnant, What Does The Church Do?'' / Five Things Married Men Do Forget

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.