Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,298 members, 7,808,012 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:09 AM

Only continuity can ensure lasting development, says Obasanjo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Only continuity can ensure lasting development, says Obasanjo (22290 Views)

Anambra Adopts New Technology For Long Lasting Roads / Fashola Reports For Duty, Pledges Continuity / I Got Tricked To Attend Bode George Reception, Says Obasanjo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Only continuity can ensure lasting development, says Obasanjo by Omooba77: 8:53pm On Dec 21, 2014
Former President Olusegun Obasanjo has said that the only way to ensure enduring infrastructural and human capacity development in Nigeria was for every government to build on the projects and the ideas of the preceding government.

According to Obasanjo, most of the failures witnessed in the country stemmed from the refusal of successive governments to continue institutional and policy frameworks and projects put in place by their predecessors.

The former president reportedly took this position during a courtesy visit paid him at his Hilltop House, Abeokuta, Ogun State, on Friday, by the Good Governance Group, whose convener is Mr. Seyi Gambo.

The 3Gs in a statement on Sunday quoted Obasanjo to have argued that some of the projects initiated under his regime both as a military head of state and a civilian President, including the Operation Feed the Nation and the reforms in the rail transportation and power sectors, could have been beneficial to Nigerians if they had not been abandoned by successive governments.

The former President also said that the government must encourage the private investors in the country arguing that “the bigger private operators would be able to encourage price reduction on commodities.”

Obasanjo however called on the government to set up Anti-Trust Commission to protect Nigerians from oppression by big entrepreneurs, saying, “I will never go against Nigerian entrepreneurs getting big but I will go against them becoming oppressive.”

Earlier in his speech, Gambo had said that the visit was to share from the experience of the former President, who during his tenure tried to entrench good governance by paying all the country’s debts and initiating “many developmental policy reforms.”

http://www.punchng.com/news/only-continuity-can-ensure-lasting-development-says-obasanjo/

1 Like

Re: Only continuity can ensure lasting development, says Obasanjo by Omooba77: 9:06pm On Dec 21, 2014
Agba ti nde....

1 Like

Re: Only continuity can ensure lasting development, says Obasanjo by SirHouloo(m): 9:13pm On Dec 21, 2014
Abeg, tell me where GMB wan come start from o.... GEJ is improving and keep improving by the day.

85 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Only continuity can ensure lasting development, says Obasanjo by oziegbe2015: 9:19pm On Dec 21, 2014
In ancient yorubaland when a king is rejected the people would present a calabash to him and say the people reject you and the gods reject you . We have presented that calabash to gej to say the people reject him, in uniousm his political godfather also confirms that the gods reject him. Buhari2015.(aso rock) gej2015(kirikiri)

76 Likes 1 Share

Re: Only continuity can ensure lasting development, says Obasanjo by Omooba77: 9:35pm On Dec 21, 2014
oziegbe2015:
In ancient yorubaland when a king is rejected the people would present a calabash to him and say the people reject you and the gods reject you . We have presented that calabash to gej to say the people reject him, in uniousm his political godfather also confirms that the gods reject him. Buhari2015.(aso rock) gej2015(kirikiri)
only God appoints,me oh na GEJ I go vote for....

143 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Only continuity can ensure lasting development, says Obasanjo by fctboy: 9:43pm On Dec 21, 2014
oziegbe2015:

Day break , calabash has lost it's potency. The Holy ghost is now ruling in the affairs of men. I therefore command your calabash to scatter by fire of the Holy ghost in Jesus name(Amen)

198 Likes 20 Shares

Re: Only continuity can ensure lasting development, says Obasanjo by oziegbe2015: 9:45pm On Dec 21, 2014
fctboy:

Day break , calabash has lost it's potency. The Holy ghost is now ruling in the affairs of men. I therefore command your calabash to scatter by fire of the Holy ghost in Jesus name(Amen)
undecidede b like u just wake up frm sleep

23 Likes

Re: Only continuity can ensure lasting development, says Obasanjo by mazzi: 10:05pm On Dec 21, 2014
fctboy:

amen ooo.lolz

47 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Only continuity can ensure lasting development, says Obasanjo by Omooba77: 10:46pm On Dec 21, 2014
mazzi:
amen ooo.lolz
Big amen oh !

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Only continuity can ensure lasting development, says Obasanjo by Splashme: 10:48pm On Dec 21, 2014
[size=13pt]It's GEJ till 2019
for me and my family[/size]

99 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Only continuity can ensure lasting development, says Obasanjo by ShakaZullu(m): 11:04pm On Dec 21, 2014
BUHARI is a terrorist
Apc is BOKOHARAM
Tinubu is a bastard
Osinbajo is a vagabond
Gej till 2019

105 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Only continuity can ensure lasting development, says Obasanjo by menesheh(m): 11:09pm On Dec 21, 2014
ShakaZullu:
BUHARI is a terrorist
Apc is BOKOHARAM
Tinubu is a bastard
Osinbajo is a vagabond
Gej till 2019

They initiated the this idea

Continue bashing them

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Only continuity can ensure lasting development, says Obasanjo by PerfumeRepublik: 5:53am On Dec 22, 2014
fctboy:

Lol!

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Only continuity can ensure lasting development, says Obasanjo by Omooba77: 7:10am On Dec 22, 2014
menesheh:

They initiated the this idea

Continue bashing them
Yardua stopped most of OBJ ideas;choosing to probe
Re: Only continuity can ensure lasting development, says Obasanjo by SuperModerator: 10:06am On Dec 23, 2014
Change is what we need, not continuity

9 Likes

Re: Only continuity can ensure lasting development, says Obasanjo by eleko1: 10:07am On Dec 23, 2014
undecided
Re: Only continuity can ensure lasting development, says Obasanjo by Nobody: 10:08am On Dec 23, 2014
oziegbe2015:

Same calabash obj received from his family members....

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Only continuity can ensure lasting development, says Obasanjo by colossus2: 10:09am On Dec 23, 2014
ShakaZullu:
BUHARI is a terrorist
Apc is BOKOHARAM
Tinubu is a bastard
Osinbajo is a vagabond
Gej till 2019

You need a brain as an xmas gift

48 Likes

Re: Only continuity can ensure lasting development, says Obasanjo by januzaj(m): 10:09am On Dec 23, 2014
ShakaZullu:
BUHARI is a terrorist
Apc is BOKOHARAM
Tinubu is a bastard
Osinbajo is a vagabond
Gej till 2019
You need this....

23 Likes

Re: Only continuity can ensure lasting development, says Obasanjo by OCTAVO: 10:09am On Dec 23, 2014

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Only continuity can ensure lasting development, says Obasanjo by dj187: 10:09am On Dec 23, 2014
ShakaZullu:
BUHARI is a terrorist
Apc is BOKOHARAM
Tinubu is a bastard
Osinbajo is a vagabond
Gej till 2019
I smell lack of adequate parental upbringing

44 Likes

Re: Only continuity can ensure lasting development, says Obasanjo by shaboti: 10:09am On Dec 23, 2014
Is obasanjo two-tongued or what

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Only continuity can ensure lasting development, says Obasanjo by Nobody: 10:10am On Dec 23, 2014
oziegbe2015:

smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Only continuity can ensure lasting development, says Obasanjo by clevadani: 10:10am On Dec 23, 2014
Definitely not continuity of corruption

6 Likes

Re: Only continuity can ensure lasting development, says Obasanjo by solid3(m): 10:11am On Dec 23, 2014
Baba yi go n sit down.

E ko rayin sowun joor, awon Kashamu ati Buruji gbogbo.

Sai Buhari 2015

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Only continuity can ensure lasting development, says Obasanjo by lilbazy(m): 10:11am On Dec 23, 2014
No president in this whole wide world has ever stopped terorrism!!! Let dem continue bombing themselves in the north_east,my own problem here is to make money for me,my family and my state. Less I forget gej till 2019.

27 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Only continuity can ensure lasting development, says Obasanjo by thinkdip(m): 10:11am On Dec 23, 2014
All is well
Re: Only continuity can ensure lasting development, says Obasanjo by deflover(m): 10:11am On Dec 23, 2014
so obj still get mouth to talk........shabi him dey wait make GMB come put am for jail.......at least him go continue where abacha stop grin grin grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Only continuity can ensure lasting development, says Obasanjo by Nobody: 10:14am On Dec 23, 2014
[size=18pt]Let us have politics without BITTERNESS on nairaland[/size][size=8pt][/size]

4 Likes

Re: Only continuity can ensure lasting development, says Obasanjo by Wisepac: 10:14am On Dec 23, 2014
Jonathan, The Best In Nigeria During HisTerm As
President:
1. Petrol from N65 to N97 - in most other
places over N120
2. Kerosene from 50 naira to 120 and above
i.e (unofficial price).
3. Garri from N150 to N260 per measure
4. Sugar/flour/beans/ all from N180 to N350
per measure
5. Electricity charge from N1,250 to N4000
per month and yet no light
6. Scarcity of money but abundantly
available for groups campaigning for TAN
etc
7. Killings from few individuals to whole
communities being wiped out
8. Police/military roadblocks from 1 per
40km to 2 per 3km
9. Crude oil illegal bunkering from 10,000
barrels to 100,000 barrels stolen per day
10. Industrial strikes by many organisations
11. Sack of few workers to thousands of
workers
12. WASSCE from 40% failure to over 70%
failure
13. Trust, love and unity among citizens
from much to zero
14. Stealing in billions of Naira to billions of
DOLLARS or TRILLIONS of naira
15. Budget implementation from 40% to less
than 20% Per year
16. Roads from potholes to huge craters
and cut-offs
17. Economy from worse to greatest in
Africa on paper, but the masses from poor
to poorest
18. Politicians defect from one party to the
other in an unusual fashion and soldiers also
defect to other countries
19. Transport fares on both air and road
networks have shot the roof
20. Bribe takings from only police to soldiers
inclusive
21. ATM charges from zero to N65 per
transaction
22. New English phrase called 'Tactical
Manoeuvre' when soldiers are deliberately
dispatched with low grade weapons to be
killed by a well armed "Boko Haram"
23. Bribery scandal
24. Police pension scam
25. Oduahgate
26. Bart Nnaji NEPA scandal
27. Allison jet scanda
28. Oritsejafor $10 million gun scandal
29. Subsidy scam of N2.6 trillion
30. Immigration deaths scandal
31. Missing $20 billion from NNPC
32. Handlin boko haram with kid gloves
33. Election delegate bribe
34. Sheriff/Ihejirika case, etc.
35. Increase in taxes and austerity
36. 16 is greater than 19 in democracy
37. 7 Ekiti legislators out of 26 impeached the
speaker
38. IGP usurping CJN's duties and deciding
that Tambuwal no longer speaker
39. Army are conceding territories to Boko
Haram
40. Locking out House of Reps members
and teargassing them.
41. Suspected mastermind of Nyanya bomb
attack where no fewer than 100 killed discharged
and acquitted. To go and sin no more.
42. 200 Chibok girls are still in captivity of boko
haram.
43. National confab gulped billion of dollars and
went down the drain with no result
GEJ undermines our Army & strengthen
militants. Our military doesn't have the
equipment to protect us. Militants are
purchasing warships. What an irony

47 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Only continuity can ensure lasting development, says Obasanjo by Afrok(m): 10:14am On Dec 23, 2014
These politicians and double mouths sef undecided Smh...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

IBADAN: I Swear To God Almighty, These Are The Result From My Unit/ward / Wives Of Oyo, Ebonyi & Zamfara Governors In A Group Photo / 2023 Elections: Why APC And PDP Aspirants Must Bring A Consensus And Face Tinubu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.