Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,948 members, 7,799,216 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 05:05 PM

Top 10 "Go To" Guys Of Career, Jobs/vacancies & Education Sections Of Nairaland - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Top 10 "Go To" Guys Of Career, Jobs/vacancies & Education Sections Of Nairaland (6459 Views)

What Career Jobs Can One Get As A Science Laboratory Tech Graduate (SSLT & ISLT) / How Easy Getting Oil &gas Career Jobs / Which Is A Better Choice Of Career- Audit Or Tax (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Top 10 "Go To" Guys Of Career, Jobs/vacancies & Education Sections Of Nairaland by Nobody: 5:55pm On Jan 01, 2015
Jarus:
Thanks guys. I'm humbled.

Jarus, sorry to ask but how many years do you think is relevant experience for someone in the Big 4 to enter into a company like Seven Energy? Not necessarily a managerial position.
Re: Top 10 "Go To" Guys Of Career, Jobs/vacancies & Education Sections Of Nairaland by alentyno: 7:25pm On Jan 01, 2015
Champella:

Mehn! Broz u tight o. Which skol u dey na?
Uniport
Re: Top 10 "Go To" Guys Of Career, Jobs/vacancies & Education Sections Of Nairaland by Champella(m): 9:23pm On Jan 01, 2015
alentyno:

Uniport

Wow! E make brains be dat na. Make i follow u so we go rub minds sha

1 Like

Re: Top 10 "Go To" Guys Of Career, Jobs/vacancies & Education Sections Of Nairaland by DrFunmi(f): 5:07pm On Jan 03, 2015
Good thread.
Re: Top 10 "Go To" Guys Of Career, Jobs/vacancies & Education Sections Of Nairaland by DrFunmi(f): 5:11pm On Jan 03, 2015
Therealadonye is worthy of mention too. He provided some aptitude test questions which helped me. I can never forget him for that.
Re: Top 10 "Go To" Guys Of Career, Jobs/vacancies & Education Sections Of Nairaland by TheRealAdonye(m): 1:28pm On Jan 04, 2015
You're welcome.
DrFunmi:
Therealadonye is worthy of mention too. He provided some aptitude test questions which helped me. I can never forget him for that.
Re: Top 10 "Go To" Guys Of Career, Jobs/vacancies & Education Sections Of Nairaland by ednut1(m): 2:32pm On Jan 04, 2015
1. jarus 2 jarus 3 jarus
Re: Top 10 "Go To" Guys Of Career, Jobs/vacancies & Education Sections Of Nairaland by Champella(m): 12:38pm On Jan 05, 2015
TheRealAdonye:
You're welcome.

Brother, even if i never mentioned you, believe me you're in the hearts of so many people whom you helped with some information. I recognise you as well. May God bless you abundantly. Amen
Re: Top 10 "Go To" Guys Of Career, Jobs/vacancies & Education Sections Of Nairaland by ajahexcel(m): 2:56am On Jan 09, 2015
Coming 8 on this list for Scholarship and job info is worth the mention, attending to millions of Nigerians on my own busy www..com website and having time to be on Nairaland is what my secretary is yet to figure out how I have been spell bound by my Nairaland fans........

Good Post @OP,

Jarus, u worth d mention, the articles of your blog are distilled, i applaud your creativity...

1 Like

Re: Top 10 "Go To" Guys Of Career, Jobs/vacancies & Education Sections Of Nairaland by DrFunmi(f): 4:25pm On Jan 12, 2015
hmm...brb please.

Medical docs hardly need career advice cool
Re: Top 10 "Go To" Guys Of Career, Jobs/vacancies & Education Sections Of Nairaland by oshdot(m): 6:13pm On Feb 09, 2015
Feex:
Hmmm...good list. I think nitrogen, tiimmy, bigdreams, olutola88 and my humble self should have been acknowledged at the barest minimum. I also feel dmainman should have been in the Top 10 list ahead of some others in the list. Champella, do edit your list to include him and knock off one person to the acknowledgement note. Yamakuza was also a great contributor and should have been included in the top 10 if not for the fact that he doesn't comment as much again. He should be acknowledged at least.
But list is abt 90% accurate. Special kudos to xfire, Jarus, imag5 and dmainman.

Mr. Feex please I need your advice!
I'm a graduate of Mechanical engineering, though I finished with a CGPA of 3.29/5, I have never for once allowed my finishing with a 2.2 detter me from pursuing my dream of becoming a true professional in a not too distant future. The journey hasn't been smooth though as I have had to settle for a maintenance technician job in a rather small FMCG company for the time being. Though I get paid a very small salary, one thing the job has helped me to discover is the line of Mechanical engineering I would really love to pursue a career - Plant Maintenance and asset management with a great desire to get certified as Reliability engineer someday.

My concern right now is my job responsibility as it only
requires me to work as a technician meaning I don't get to
carry out the maintenance functions of a maintenance
engineer viz planning, designing, scheduling and monitoring of preventive and predictive maintenance programs, hence I feel the need for me to pursue professional trainings. But the only trainings available are administered online, so do you think potential employers would fancy such trainings as I would be spending a lot to undertake them, or I should just wait till a job opportunity where I would fully work in the capacity of a maintenance engineer presents itself and then learn through the ropes?

Thanks for your time, your opinions and advice would be
really appreciated.

NB: Apologies for the long write up, just really feel I need to
come out clear enough.
Re: Top 10 "Go To" Guys Of Career, Jobs/vacancies & Education Sections Of Nairaland by Feex: 9:08pm On Feb 09, 2015
oshdot:

Mr. Feex please I need your advice!
I'm a graduate of Mechanical engineering, though I finished with a CGPA of 3.29/5, I have never for once allowed my finishing with a 2.2 detter me from pursuing my dream of becoming a true professional in a not too distant future. The journey hasn't been smooth though as I have had to settle for a maintenance technician job in a rather small FMCG company for the time being. Though I get paid a very small salary, one thing the job has helped me to discover is the line of Mechanical engineering I would really love to pursue a career - Plant Maintenance and asset management with a great desire to get certified as Reliability engineer someday.

My concern right now is my job responsibility as it only
requires me to work as a technician meaning I don't get to
carry out the maintenance functions of a maintenance
engineer viz planning, designing, scheduling and monitoring of preventive and predictive maintenance programs, hence I feel the need for me to pursue professional trainings. But the only trainings available are administered online, so do you think potential employers would fancy such trainings as I would be spending a lot to undertake them, or I should just wait till a job opportunity where I would fully work in the capacity of a maintenance engineer presents itself and then learn through the ropes?

Thanks for your time, your opinions and advice would be
really appreciated.

NB: Apologies for the long write up, just really feel I need to
come out clear enough.
I think a postgraaduate degree will be more useful to you. Since your current job deals with maintenance activity which is your career path of interest, I will advise that you do it for a while to gain some experience, even though you are technician before actually pursuing a masters degree.
A professional course may not be of much help right now. What you need is either experience or a postgraduate degree if no suitable job is forthcoming. A professional certification can only cap it off.
Re: Top 10 "Go To" Guys Of Career, Jobs/vacancies & Education Sections Of Nairaland by oshdot(m): 6:43am On Feb 10, 2015
Feex:

I think a postgraaduate degree will be more useful to you. Since your current job deals with maintenance activity which is your career path of interest, I will advise that you do it for a while to gain some experience, even though you are technician before actually pursuing a masters degree.
A professional course may not be of much help right now. What you need is either experience or a postgraduate degree if no suitable job is forthcoming. A professional certification can only cap it off.

Thanks for your timely response. I will continue with the job for a little longer while also looking out for better offers. I'm definitely going to go for my masters degree someday, but I just feel experience outweighs it.

Could you please be a mentor, I know you're also an engineer.
Re: Top 10 "Go To" Guys Of Career, Jobs/vacancies & Education Sections Of Nairaland by Mixty: 9:23pm On Sep 11, 2015
between MSc mechanical engineering and mechatronics, which is more in demand worldwide? Plan is to study in US.

cc
xfire champella thecode davide470 ajanlekoko
Re: Top 10 "Go To" Guys Of Career, Jobs/vacancies & Education Sections Of Nairaland by Champella(m): 4:31am On Sep 15, 2015
Mixty:
between MSc mechanical engineering and mechatronics, which is more in demand worldwide? Plan is to study in US.

cc
xfire champella thecode davide470 ajanlekoko

Hang on please. The more experienced persons in the house will come and give their opinion on this matter.

Me i be apprentice for where you dey o boss. cool

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Working From Home Or From The Office, which do you prefer? / Onome Maureen Defraud Us In The Name Of Oil And Gas Investment Beware / Who Is The Man Called Julius Berger?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.