Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,298 members, 7,808,012 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:19 AM

Obsessive Chasers - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Obsessive Chasers (1562 Views)

Obsessive Lovers! / The Worst Things You Have Done To Your Chasers Or Toasters When They Approach U? / What Can One Do About An Obsessive/over Obsessive Girlfriend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Obsessive Chasers by Nobody: 5:36pm On Dec 09, 2008
I was just wondering sha, this is not necessarily a problem that I am having but I am speaking in general. tongue

Guys and ladies, what would you do if there was a lady/guy pursuing you for a relationship and you just were not interested, you had your reasons, but this lady/guy just would not take no for an answer?

The more you told him/her to leave you alone (in both a nice and not so nice way), the more he would confess his love for you and carry on with the chase.

This is not about 'forming, playing hard to get etc', but you had your reason/reasons and you even let these reasons be known to him and yet, he still would not let you be.

What exactly would you do?
Re: Obsessive Chasers by iice(f): 5:42pm On Dec 09, 2008
Half of them are just dense.
I give them the cold shoulder and if they still don't get it, i turn down the heat till it's positively freezing. Half of them know when to beat it when i get irritated, obsessive doesn't do well around me. Dangerous for him cheesy
Re: Obsessive Chasers by Nobody: 5:45pm On Dec 09, 2008
iice:

Half of them are just dense.
I give them the cold shoulder and if they still don't get it, i turn down the heat till it's positively freezing. Half of them know when to beat it when i get irritated, obsessive doesn't do well around me. Dangerous for him cheesy

Lol! cheesy

I can imagine sha, what of the really stubborn ones, after all your shouting, screaming, gentle speaking, teeth hissing and they still won't leave you alone cheesy
Re: Obsessive Chasers by chika98: 5:47pm On Dec 09, 2008
Sometimes you just have to be MEAN. I practically had to yell at someone like "dude! If I girl was chasing you like this . . won't you be very vexed with her?" You just hope they get the point sha.
Re: Obsessive Chasers by Nobody: 5:49pm On Dec 09, 2008
chika98:

Sometimes you just have to be MEAN. I practically had to yell at someone like "dude! If I girl was chasing you like this . . won't you be very vexed with her?" You just hope they get the point sha.

Abi o, but sometimes they just don't, or either do and are just refusing to listen to your pleas smiley
Re: Obsessive Chasers by sistawoman: 5:50pm On Dec 09, 2008
Brothers, uncles and male friends always help me explain to them that they should stop going down the current path and find another way because this road is blocked for them.
Re: Obsessive Chasers by Nobody: 5:52pm On Dec 09, 2008
sistawoman:

Brothers, uncles and male friends always help me explain to them that they should stop going down the current path and find another way because this road is blocked for them.
Lmao cheesy

That's one way sha smiley

Even though sometimes, they still don't get it embarassed
Re: Obsessive Chasers by chika98: 5:53pm On Dec 09, 2008
Not everyone has brothers or uncles or even male friends to tell them. Besides why get all that crowd involved? It isn't even remotely that serious
Re: Obsessive Chasers by sistawoman: 5:55pm On Dec 09, 2008
ibkaye:

Lmao cheesy

That's one way sha smiley

Even though sometimes, they still don't get it embarassed

They always get it:

One brother is 6'4 290lbs Federal Police officer
the other bro. is 6.6 400 lbs Thug
I have two over 6 foot tall nephews both play ball
All my uncles are big and tall men.

they get the message loud and clear when one of them walk up on them.
Re: Obsessive Chasers by sistawoman: 5:56pm On Dec 09, 2008
chika98:

Not everyone has brothers or uncles or even male friends to tell them. Besides why get all that crowd involved? It isn't even remotely that serious

I dont repeat myself more than twice with my children, why would i repeat myself more than that with a grown man. If he cant get it then it is serious I need someone else that speaks his language to help him understand.

We are talking about people here that are mentally challanged.
Re: Obsessive Chasers by iice(f): 5:57pm On Dec 09, 2008
sistawoman:

Gbam!

ibkaye:

Lol! cheesy

I can imagine sha, what of the really stubborn ones, after all your shouting, screaming, gentle speaking, teeth hissing and they still won't leave you alone cheesy

I don't know about other people but, if someone pesters me too much.  I just cut them off.  And if they find a way around that -- ta da! they'll be meeting some of my family members they would not want to meet in this lifetime cheesy

chika98:

True, but there are friends, sisters (my sister na terror ooo grin).  Some obsessive people are scary.  Sometimes dealing with it yourself is not enough for them.  
Re: Obsessive Chasers by Nobody: 5:58pm On Dec 09, 2008
chika98:

Sometimes it is, sometimes it isn't  tongue

sistawoman:

They always get it:

I see I see tongue

Though like chika said, 'not everyone has brothers or uncles or even male friends to tell them'

I don't know about other people but, if someone pesters me too much.  I just cut them off.  And if they find a way around that -- ta da! they'll be meeting some of my family members they would not want to meet in this lifetime cheesy

Lol
Re: Obsessive Chasers by Nobody: 5:59pm On Dec 09, 2008
sistawoman:

They always get it:

An overweight thug? grin
Re: Obsessive Chasers by sistawoman: 6:00pm On Dec 09, 2008
davidylan:

An overweight thug? grin

You aint seen nothing till you seen one of these.
Re: Obsessive Chasers by chika98: 6:02pm On Dec 09, 2008
davidylan:

An overweight thug?  grin

Imagine getting a threat from him? No be to just push him abi?? grin grin

ibkaye:

Sometimes it is, sometimes it isn't  tongue

Just cuz of toto?? Not that serious trust me! Men are manipulative and will do and say all to get what they want sha.
Re: Obsessive Chasers by Nobody: 6:06pm On Dec 09, 2008
sistawoman:

You aint seen nothing till you seen one of these.

He has a BMI of 46.2.

Better get him to lose plenty of weight.
Re: Obsessive Chasers by Nobody: 6:09pm On Dec 09, 2008
@ topic . . . Ibkaye you shld be reading your chemistry textbook not worrying about "obsessive" chasers.

Women do a lot to encourage these "chasers" . . . turning around to pretend to complain is a way of boosting their fragile ego.

If you dont want a boy to chase you simply tell him in blunt language, unless he is a criminal stalker he will leave you alone. You keep giving him vague answers, your body language is not saying the same thing as the "no" your tongue is saying, you go out of your way to make sure he notices you . . .

and then you come here complaining about obsessive chasers? Give me a frigging break.
Re: Obsessive Chasers by MrCrackles(m): 6:11pm On Dec 09, 2008
IBK you are too young to be delibrating on an adult issue!

Pikin of nowadays no wan grow sef undecided

Where did you copy your story from?

Anyway, if you don dey get bobo wey dey chase your unripe bobbi, if you have a chemistry lab in your primary school, organise acid

Make you shower the guy!! grin tongue
Re: Obsessive Chasers by Nobody: 6:13pm On Dec 09, 2008
davidylan:

@ topic . . . Ibkaye you shld be reading your chemistry textbook not worrying about "obsessive" chasers.

Women do a lot to encourage these "chasers" . . . turning around to pretend to complain is a way of boosting their fragile ego.

If you don't want a boy to chase you simply tell him in blunt language, unless he is a criminal stalker he will leave you alone. You keep giving him vague answers, your body language is not saying the same thing as the "no" your tongue is saying, you go out of your way to make sure he notices you . . .

and then you come here complaining about obsessive chasers? Give me a frigging break.
Yeah, some women encourage it, remember not all tongue

Some women tell them bluntly etc and yet they still refuse to listen tongue

Chemistry ko  cheesy

MrCrackles:

IBK you are too young to be delibrating on an adult issue!

Pikin of nowadays no wan grow sef undecided

Where did you copy your story from?

Anyway, if you don dey get bobo wey dey chase your unripe bobbi, if you have a chemistry lab in your primary school, organise acid

Make you shower the guy!! grin tongue

Where is the pikin?  cool

Haba, I'm not talking about me, I said that I am speaking 'In general' jare tongue

What's all this about chemistry abeg 
Re: Obsessive Chasers by chika98: 6:20pm On Dec 09, 2008
Yeah like going to a hotel room with him after a night out partying and getting upset that he's in bed trying to touch you. Some chics sef grin grin
Re: Obsessive Chasers by Nobody: 6:23pm On Dec 09, 2008
chika98:

Yeah like going to a hotel room with him after a night out partying and getting upset that he's in bed trying to touch you. Some chics sef grin grin
I'm not talking about that, that's why I said:
This is not about 'forming, playing hard to get etc'
smiley

I mean you are not encouraging the guy in any way whatsoever, you have told him bluntly that you do not want a relationship, you have told him your reasons and yet he still refuses to listen and carries on with the chase, same with some ladies too smiley
Re: Obsessive Chasers by tmoney11(m): 6:24pm On Dec 09, 2008
no be small thing ooo, everybody na flup we dey use oooo
Re: Obsessive Chasers by tangent(f): 6:31pm On Dec 09, 2008
ibkaye:

I was just wondering sha, this is not necessarily a problem that I am having but I am speaking in general. tongue

Guys and ladies, what would you do if there was a lady/guy pursuing you for a relationship and you just were not interested, you had your reasons, but this lady/guy just would not take no for an answer?

The more you told him/her to leave you alone (in both a nice and not so nice way), the more he would confess his love for you and carry on with the chase.

This is not about 'forming, playing hard to get etc', but you had your reason/reasons and you even let these reasons be known to him and yet, he still would not let you be.

What exactly would you do?

do nothing. ignore him. stop listening to his stories.
Re: Obsessive Chasers by LadyT(f): 6:36pm On Dec 09, 2008
If you can, block his number. Scream at him in public to leave you alone. Tell him if he continues to chase you, you will go to the police.

The sad thing is some women give in after being harrassed for ages. You should never give in no is NO!
Re: Obsessive Chasers by tangent(f): 6:39pm On Dec 09, 2008
LadyT:

If you can, block his number. Scream at him in public to leave you alone. Tell him if he continues to chase you, you will go to the police.

The sad thing is some women give in after being harrassed for ages. You should never give in no is NO!

you are 100% accurate with this statement. women have dug their own graves in the past by giving in to a man's persistence. men know this and they don't stop because they have been successful with it in the past.
Re: Obsessive Chasers by LadyT(f): 6:42pm On Dec 09, 2008
tangent:

you are 100% accurate with this statement. women have dug their own graves in the past by giving in to a man's persistence. men know this and they don't stop because they have been successful with it in the past.

Exactly! I dont understand why some women degrade themselves in this way.
Re: Obsessive Chasers by chika98: 6:44pm On Dec 09, 2008
LadyT:

Exactly! I don't understand why some women [b]degrade [/b]themselves in this way.

I wouldn't use those words rather naivety.
Re: Obsessive Chasers by tangent(f): 6:49pm On Dec 09, 2008
chika98:

I wouldn't use those words rather[b] naivety[/b].

naivety or standard practise?
Re: Obsessive Chasers by A40(m): 7:14pm On Dec 09, 2008
Every dude has a threshold trust me there is a limit of rejection any guy can take all you need to do is find this guy's limit and push him there he would drop you like a hot potatoe
Re: Obsessive Chasers by sistawoman: 7:20pm On Dec 09, 2008
A-40:

Every dude has a threshold trust me there is a limit of rejection any guy can take all you need to do is find this guy's limit and push him there he would drop you like a hot potatoe

A-40 you for get about those dudes that are mentally challanged (that the PC term right). They dont tell you when you start dating them that they are mentally challanged but you find out as soon as you try to end it with them, they just dont understand you anymore. It is like they stop speaking all human languages.
Re: Obsessive Chasers by A40(m): 8:11pm On Dec 09, 2008
sistawoman:

A-40 you for get about those dudes that are mentally challanged (that the PC term right). They don't tell you when you start dating them that they are mentally challanged but you find out as soon as you try to end it with them, they just don't understand you anymore. It is like they stop speaking all human languages.
I thought she meant obsessive chasers which obviously means you are not dating yet but if you are ever so unlucky to date a mentally challenged person that conceals such important information from you then thats too bad i don't care lol grin grin
Seriously though every man has some pride to an extent and if you can dent it somehow trust me he would leave you
Re: Obsessive Chasers by Nobody: 8:16pm On Dec 09, 2008
@ topic

Obsessive ko, possessive ni.

I give them deaf ears.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Is It Right For A Lady To Propose To A Guy? / Define The Modern Day Dude In A Sentence / Serious Question : Would U Leave ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.