Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,465 members, 7,808,659 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:02 PM

Ijaw Youths Threaten Revenge Attack On Buhari’s Supporters If ... - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ijaw Youths Threaten Revenge Attack On Buhari’s Supporters If ... (29273 Views)

"Northern Youths" Threaten To "Extinguish" AIT If Buhari Doesn't Win (Letter) / APC Destroys Five PDP Vehicles In Gombe In A Revenge Attack / Nkanu Youths Threaten Showdown With PDP Over Patience Jonathan's Interference. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ijaw Youths Threaten Revenge Attack On Buhari’s Supporters If ... by Anasko(m): 6:30am On Dec 22, 2014
Ijaw youths have threatened to attack supporters of the presidential candidate for the All Progressives Congress, Maj.-Gen. Muhammadu Buhari (retd.), in southern part of Nigeria.

The youths said on Sunday that they would visit Buhari’s supporters in the South with violence if the loyalists of President Goodluck Jonathan should be attacked in the North.

The Ijaw Youth Council Worldwide said the decision to attack Buhari’s supporters was informed by reports that some persons in the North had resorted to sending open threat messages to pro-Jonathan governors and other supporters.

In a statement by the IYC spokesperson, Mr. Eric Omare, the youths said, “All Nigerians irrespective of his or her place of origin has a right to contest for the presidency of Nigeria and Nigerians have a right to support any candidate of their choice without molestation.

“It would be recalled that hundreds of Nigerians, especially NYSC members were killed and properties worth millions of naira destroyed in the aftermath of the 2011 elections as a result of similar undemocratic disposition of some elements in the North.”

“We of southern Nigeria have not at any time threatened or attacked supporters of General Buhari; hence any threat or attack on supporters of President Jonathan in the north would be visited with proportionate action from us in the south.

“Governors Amaechi, (Rochas) Okorocha and (Adams) Oshiomole; Timipre Silva, John Oyegun, Bola Tinubu and other supporters of General Buhari in southern Nigeria are going about their campaigns without any molestation from southerners.

“Enough is enough for those who promised and are making northern Nigeria ungovernable for President Jonathan. If they want their own country, let them say so as we can no longer accept the ‘Extreme North Must Rule’ mentality of some northerners.”

http://www.punchng.com/news/ijaw-youths-threaten-attack-on-buharis-supporters/

73 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Ijaw Youths Threaten Revenge Attack On Buhari’s Supporters If ... by Nobody: 6:33am On Dec 22, 2014
I foresee a divided nigeria in 2015.

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ijaw Youths Threaten Revenge Attack On Buhari’s Supporters If ... by Umunede(m): 6:37am On Dec 22, 2014
Buhari will be fighting two wars if he wins. Boko haram in the north and Niger delta militants in the south

72 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Ijaw Youths Threaten Revenge Attack On Buhari’s Supporters If ... by Pataki: 6:38am On Dec 22, 2014
Yawns.......

Ordinary Itshekiris' they are still battling them. Now they want to take on the whole of Nigeria?

No sensible Nigerian wants to associate with the clueless dunce we have as a President forthwith. He has no charisma for a leader.

Feb 14, will show that Nigerians both far and wide across this nation are done with this clueless corrupt being of a leader.

164 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Ijaw Youths Threaten Revenge Attack On Buhari’s Supporters If ... by prewtyjulie(f): 6:57am On Dec 22, 2014
You fight and lose your life den @ d end of d day after d election d losing side drags d winners 2 court 4 sumtime and later accepts defeat, after dat, dey release a speech congratulating d winners and d life u have wasted will b 4 nothing, why not wise-up and let d politicians handle themselves while u prepare 2 collect rice and go and eat wit ur family in peace.

Say no 2 violence it is neva d ansa, beside d person carrying d matchette or gun besides u isnt either gej or gmb son or daughta, so y lose ur life 4 dem 2 go n live in aso rock jst 2 pass u in d street n call u a low citizen!

114 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Ijaw Youths Threaten Revenge Attack On Buhari’s Supporters If ... by SeverusSnape(m): 6:57am On Dec 22, 2014
The north caused all these rubbish, I guess no one has monopoly for violence. Bunch of Extremists!!!

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ijaw Youths Threaten Revenge Attack On Buhari’s Supporters If ... by Voice234: 7:14am On Dec 22, 2014
An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind.... After killing and rioting in 2011, what was the outcome of their actions. This tells you that violence is never the answer instead it makes the matter worse and complex. IYC shouldn't listen to threats by some mischief makers in the north. Such comments by a well recognize body like IYC can even start a crisis. So IYC, you must not always reply such comments or maybe you are just trying to remind us all that you guys still exist.

8 Likes

Re: Ijaw Youths Threaten Revenge Attack On Buhari’s Supporters If ... by size40: 7:14am On Dec 22, 2014
useless Ijaw youths. why threatening people in the south? so if some of their own brothers and sisters are APC supporters, they will attack and kill them? Am not just a southerner, am a full Niger Delta son and my support and vote goes to Buhari and APC.

114 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Ijaw Youths Threaten Revenge Attack On Buhari’s Supporters If ... by omenka(m): 7:16am On Dec 22, 2014
Unibenstudent:
I foresee a divided nigeria in 2015.
And I foresee a redeemed country.

These guys should shut it. What's the hullabaloo about exactly?? Did anyone threaten to attack Jonathan's supporters in the North??

If the threats of attacks is anything to go by, then one would agree with me it has mostly been coming from the south and it hasn't just been verbal, they have also gone physical. Have we forgotten what happened to APC stalwarts when they visited Amaechi last year??

What about the constant threats Amaechi comes under from some Nig,er Deltans simply because he chose to excise his.freedom of association?? He's been called a bastard, a traitor, and all manner of unprintable names.

With the damages Jonathan has done with his divisive way of politicking, I could wager my life the Ijaw people will not smell Aso Rock in a hundred years after his exit in 2015.

The arms you guys are stockpiling will only be used to exterminate your own families.

Nigeria will survive.

75 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ijaw Youths Threaten Revenge Attack On Buhari’s Supporters If ... by Descartes: 7:23am On Dec 22, 2014
prewtyjulie:
You fight n lose ur life den @ d end of d day afta d election d losing side drags d winners 2 court 4 sumtym n later accepts defeat, after dat, dey release a speech congratulatin d winners n d life u av wasted will b 4 notin, y nt wise-up n let d politicians handle dem selves yl u prepare 2 collect rice n go n eat wit ur family in peace.

Say no 2 violence it is neva d ansa, besyds d person carrying d matchette or gun besyds u isnt eida gej or gmb son or daughta, so y lose ur life 4 dem 2 go n live in aso rock jst 2 pass u in d street n call u a low citizen!

You've written well but too many abbreviated words which make it impossible for some people to get the point you're trying to make.
Thanks

3 Likes

Re: Ijaw Youths Threaten Revenge Attack On Buhari’s Supporters If ... by prewtyjulie(f): 7:26am On Dec 22, 2014
Descartes:

You've written well but too many abbreviated words which makes it impossible for some people to get the point you're trying to make.
Thanks

ok, thanks 4 d info let me edit

1 Like

Re: Ijaw Youths Threaten Revenge Attack On Buhari’s Supporters If ... by Nobody: 7:28am On Dec 22, 2014
by next year..... we will know who is who cry
Re: Ijaw Youths Threaten Revenge Attack On Buhari’s Supporters If ... by Descartes: 7:29am On Dec 22, 2014
prewtyjulie:

ok, thanks 4 d info let me edit

Please learn to write every word as it spelt.

Like: 4=for
Info= information
d = the,

15 Likes

Re: Ijaw Youths Threaten Revenge Attack On Buhari’s Supporters If ... by Abagworo(m): 7:41am On Dec 22, 2014
omenka:
And I foresee a redeemed country.

These guys should shut it. What's the hullabaloo about exactly?? Did anyone threaten to attack Jonathan's supporters in the North??

If the threats of attacks is anything to go by, then one would agree with me it has mostly been coming from the south and it hasn't just been verbal, they have also gone physical. Have we forgotten what happened to APC stalwarts when they visited Amaechi last year??

What about the constant threats Amaechi comes under from some Nig,er Deltans simply because he chose to excise his.freedom of association?? He's been called a bastard, a traitor, and all manner of unprintable names.

With the damages Jonathan has done with his divisive way of politicking, I could wager my life the Ijaw people will not smell Aso Rock in a hundred years after his exit in 2015.

The arms you guys are stockpiling will only be used to exterminate your own families.

Nigeria will survive.

Obviously Jonathan believes in the old ways of sponsoring touts to make useless noise. Ijaw cannot fight and win Fulani if we all fold our arms and watch them fight. Threatening Amaechi, Okorocha means they are threatening Ikwerre, Igbo and Oshiomole means threatening Edo.

33 Likes

Re: Ijaw Youths Threaten Revenge Attack On Buhari’s Supporters If ... by erunz(m): 8:05am On Dec 22, 2014
MayorofLagos:

they need to modify their threat to say in SS/SE where they have territorial control. SW is full blast Buhari/Osinbajo. If Ijaw try anything in Yorubaland they better be damn sure they first stockpile enough food to last 3yrs for their sustenance.

We will blow up the oil pipes and turn their land to an inferno of lasting hell.

shyyte, of all people Ijaw threatening war......since when? Madafvckrs! angry
who wan fight., shey na urle yoruba people that couldn't even fight Ijaws in ajegule in 2001.

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ijaw Youths Threaten Revenge Attack On Buhari’s Supporters If ... by erunz(m): 8:12am On Dec 22, 2014
Abagworo:

Obviously Jonathan believes in the old ways of sponsoring touts to make useless noise. Ijaw cannot fight and win Fulani if we all fold our arms and watch them fight. Threatening Amaechi, Okorocha means they are threatening Ikwerre, Igbo and Oshiomole means threatening Edo.
there should be a leve playing ground for all, but if some northern cabal can openly threaten GEJ supporters in the north, u don't expect GEJ supports in the south to sit and fold their hands. Edo is a. Part of SS and surely Buhari supporters will also be targeted there. I trust my peeps.

12 Likes

Re: Ijaw Youths Threaten Revenge Attack On Buhari’s Supporters If ... by dein77(m): 8:20am On Dec 22, 2014
erunz:
who wan fight., shey na urle yoruba people that couldn't even fight Ijaws in ajegule in 2001.

Don't mind these noisemakers. I was in Lagos back then when the Ijaws decimated these lazy guys at Ajegunle in 1999.....right at their homestate.

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ijaw Youths Threaten Revenge Attack On Buhari’s Supporters If ... by OrlandoOwoh(m): 8:27am On Dec 22, 2014
GEJ should talk to his brothers.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ijaw Youths Threaten Revenge Attack On Buhari’s Supporters If ... by mazzi: 8:36am On Dec 22, 2014
Do me, i do u.i can't wait for 2015.
Re: Ijaw Youths Threaten Revenge Attack On Buhari’s Supporters If ... by Abagworo(m): 8:41am On Dec 22, 2014
erunz:
there should be a leve playing ground for all, but if some northern cabal can openly threaten GEJ supporters in the north, u don't expect GEJ supports in the south to sit and fold their hands. Edo is a. Part of SS and surely Buhari supporters will also be targeted there. I trust my peeps.

Ikwerre is not Ijaw and have nothing in common with them except being in SS. Edo is not Ijaw as well. Imo State is in Southeast and theres no Ijaw there.

I have not read where Northern youths openly threatened Jonathans supporters. Those involved in this open threat should be prosecuted ASAP as a deterent to future ones.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ijaw Youths Threaten Revenge Attack On Buhari’s Supporters If ... by okiezman(m): 8:57am On Dec 22, 2014
Let's divide

13 Likes

Re: Ijaw Youths Threaten Revenge Attack On Buhari’s Supporters If ... by Adminisher: 9:02am On Dec 22, 2014
Umunede:
Buhari will be fighting two wars if he wins. Boko haram in the north and Niger delta militants in the south

He is one of a few generals who has won wars. Others were in Liberia. As long as his faith in God is strong and he removes Baden and Amos, he will achieve victories. Minimah may be okay.

6 Likes

Re: Ijaw Youths Threaten Revenge Attack On Buhari’s Supporters If ... by Demdem(m): 9:06am On Dec 22, 2014
I will surely vote for General Buhari down here in PH and i have secured my PVC to ensure that. I await any ijaw thug.

52 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ijaw Youths Threaten Revenge Attack On Buhari’s Supporters If ... by MayorofLagos(m): 9:07am On Dec 22, 2014
erunz:

lol... grin

we have been over this and revisted it several times. Im tired of bringing the accounts of how OPC slaughtered Ijaws in Ajegunle. Unable to find a river nearby to dive into and retreat they ran straight into an ambush they thought was an escape route. The few that the bullets missed made into Navy barrack for cover.

bloody cowards!! Its a written record and you will find ityou search nairaland archive. Refresh yourself with the truth and stop peddling lies.

Remember when MEND came and blew Federal Jetty in Lagos? What did Fashola tell them never to do again? If they are brave like they claim why haven they return to blow something else in Lagos and watch Fashola unleash OPC on their @$$.

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ijaw Youths Threaten Revenge Attack On Buhari’s Supporters If ... by benuejosh: 9:08am On Dec 22, 2014
Ijaw haram ko? very clueless

5 Likes

Re: Ijaw Youths Threaten Revenge Attack On Buhari’s Supporters If ... by MayorofLagos(m): 9:14am On Dec 22, 2014
Abagworo:

Ijaw has never won any fight outside the creeks. Which means the creek is a safehaven for them. To beat them in the creeks the simple strategy is to turn the creek from being safehaven to becoming a threat to them. Thats not a difficult thing to do.

Ibo fear Ijaw and they think rest of Nigeria is coward like them.

21 Likes

Re: Ijaw Youths Threaten Revenge Attack On Buhari’s Supporters If ... by sunnycomland(m): 9:15am On Dec 22, 2014
I smell something is going to happen in just few months

1 Like

Re: Ijaw Youths Threaten Revenge Attack On Buhari’s Supporters If ... by Nobody: 9:18am On Dec 22, 2014
okiezman:
Let's divide

i concur

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Edward Onoja: "There Is No God If Dino Melaye Is Not Removed As Senator" / Ibrahim Little Shot By Gunmen In Kaduna (Photo) / School Commissioning: How Aregbesola Decieved Buhari – Osun PDP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.