Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,298 members, 7,808,012 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:14 AM

African Parents, And Regards/respect For Elders... - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / African Parents, And Regards/respect For Elders... (1139 Views)

Nigerian Parents And Their Daughters: Hilarious Photo Of The Day / He Is 36, Still Stays With His Parents And Wants To Marry Her. Help!!! / Classic Ways African Parents Set Their Kids Straight(pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

African Parents, And Regards/respect For Elders... by Geenickel(m): 8:59am On Dec 22, 2014
well,i think this situation is strongly defined/evident with the African parents.......

Why do African parents see any young(younger individual) boy/girl, who passes by them without a "good morning sir/ma,or"good afternoon",judging frm d tym of d day,as an entirely irresponsible child,or untrained individual
This surprises me alot,whenever a frnd of mine comes visiting, i always remind him or her to gv ma dad or mum a greeting,or whenever we strol down d streets,and mum shows up, i will be like."guy,mumsi de drink ur "goodmornn greetn oo,mk sure u greet her"(fr ma mind tho),wen they fail to do so,i knw i have series of questions frm mum to gv answers wen i return....

what's your view on this,friends...
Re: African Parents, And Regards/respect For Elders... by Geenickel(m): 9:00am On Dec 22, 2014
EARS OPEN! ;
Re: African Parents, And Regards/respect For Elders... by Tallesty1(m): 9:03am On Dec 22, 2014
Your point?
Re: African Parents, And Regards/respect For Elders... by woky: 9:07am On Dec 22, 2014
hmmm
Re: African Parents, And Regards/respect For Elders... by Kimmo(f): 9:14am On Dec 22, 2014
It is SIMPLE COURTESY!
If your friend sees your little sister, he should say hello to her as well!
Since it's your mother he saw, then he should greet her appropriately.
Any friend that just rudely walks past my mother should expect to hear my opinion on his/her manners and it won't be pretty.
Re: African Parents, And Regards/respect For Elders... by remsonik(f): 9:21am On Dec 22, 2014
If you are rude to my mother you can't be my friend
Re: African Parents, And Regards/respect For Elders... by EfemenaXY: 9:27am On Dec 22, 2014
Geenickel:
well,i think this situation is strongly defined/evident with the African parents.......
Why do African parents see any young(younger individual) boy/girl, who passes by them without a "good morning sir/ma,or"good afternoon",judging frm d tym of d day,as an entirely irresponsible child,or untrained individual
This surprises me alot,whenever a frnd of mine comes visiting, i always remind him or her to gv ma dad or mum a greeting,or whenever we strol down d streets,and mum shows up, i will be like."guy,mumsi de drink ur "goodmornn greetn oo,mk sure u greet her"(fr ma mind tho),wen they fail to do so,i knw i have series of questions frm mum to gv answers wen i return....
what's your view on this,friends...

But you are funny sha.

These are people you know, not some random stranger you pass on the street. Of course if the latter were the case, no one would expect you to greet every single one of them. Even crazy people won't do that.

But to go visiting a friend and you see his/her parents in their home and you need to be reminded to greet them?? Come on.

Don't you feel odd if you don't? And yes, it's all about manners and upbringing.
Re: African Parents, And Regards/respect For Elders... by Geenickel(m): 9:28am On Dec 22, 2014
remsonik:
If you are rude to my mother you can't be my friend

same here bro
Re: African Parents, And Regards/respect For Elders... by Geenickel(m): 9:29am On Dec 22, 2014
Tallesty1:
Your point?

Is this belief peculiar to African parents alone??
Re: African Parents, And Regards/respect For Elders... by Geenickel(m): 9:32am On Dec 22, 2014
EfemenaXY:

But you are funny sha.

These are people you know, not some random stranger you pass on the street. Of course if the latter were the case, no one would expect you to greet every single one of them. Even crazy people won't do that.

But to go visiting a friend and you see his/her parents in their home and you need to be reminded to greet them?? Come on.

Don't you feel odd if you don't? And yes, it's all about manners and upbringing.
grin....true..(nodding ma head)
Re: African Parents, And Regards/respect For Elders... by Nobody: 11:35am On Dec 22, 2014
Tallesty1:
Your point?

His point? He doesn't have respect for elders, he can't greet and he is trying to find an excuse for his unruly behavior.
Re: African Parents, And Regards/respect For Elders... by mutter(f): 1:59pm On Dec 22, 2014
Poster you should have first greeted us before you started writing other things here!

Greeting is a form of showing respect and acknowledging the other person.
You should insist on your friends showing the utmost respect for your parents. If they do not respect their parents then they also do not respect you.
Anyone who does not greet someone does not have enough regard for that person. Imagine a lecturer or popular musician star where to appear- your friend would struggle to greet him/her.
In the same vein- you do not respect your parents otherwise you would not be asking such a question.
In the good old days we would run to greet our friends parents bending or kneeling and would be so glad to receive a response and a smile for them.
This world is coming to an end. sad
Re: African Parents, And Regards/respect For Elders... by Geenickel(m): 2:10pm On Dec 22, 2014
mutter:
Poster you should have first greeted us before you started writing other things here!

Greeting is a form of showing respect and acknowledging the other person.
You should insist on your friends showing the utmost respect for your parents. If they do not respect their parents then they also do not respect you.
Anyone who does not greet someone does not have enough regard for that person. Imagine a lecturer or popular musician star where to appear- your friend would struggle to greet him/her.
In the same vein- you do not respect your parents otherwise you would not be asking such a question.
In the good old days we would run to greet our friends parents bending or kneeling and would be so glad to receive a response and a smile for them.
This world is coming to an end. sad

O.M.G...u gettn it wrng here........hey. it's just an observation, just wantd to hear frm u guys,..
every one around me,frnds ,parents,n wt u cn thnk of,know m a damn good respecter of elders.. ah evn greet/excgnge witty/humorous pleasantries with minors......grin
DO NOT .MISINTERPRETE ME PLSS....
Re: African Parents, And Regards/respect For Elders... by Geenickel(m): 2:11pm On Dec 22, 2014
Zedric:

His point? He doesn't have respect for elders, he can't greet and he is trying to find an excuse for his unruly behavior.
Absolutely a wrong notion u gat here bro....

(1) (Reply)

Manhood / Nigerian Gay Rights Activist Bisi Alimi’s Tale Of How His Family Cut Him Off / Most Appropriate Age To Teach Them Sex Education. Facing The Challenges Ahead.th

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.