Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,538 members, 7,808,973 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:19 PM

Improved Agro Marketing & Exports - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Improved Agro Marketing & Exports (3286 Views)

Ghana And Japan Overtake Nigeria In Yam Exports / EU Ban On Nigerian Food Exports / Nigeria Exports $10bn Raw Cocoa Annually <<FALSE>> (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Improved Agro Marketing & Exports by agwuchi: 9:18pm On Dec 22, 2014
If you are the agricultural/ marketing field and you are looking to expand your customer base that you might be interested in a quite lucrative area that not lot of people consider going into.

This is business of supplying produce to African stores, markets overseas. African food is always in hot demand by people living abroad, with people willing to purchase these food items at well above the normal price of the items in Nigeria(even simple everyday goods like gala, indomie sell at high prices because people always want to eat something that make them feel at home). However one problem the marketers abroad face is that they often find it difficult to get a constant source of good quality agricultural produce and also many marketers/exporters of food in Nigeria face difficulty in finding willing buyers or African store owners to sell/export to.

As a result I have began a project facilitating better trade of African food items by creating a database of African food store owners abroad and food suppliers/ exporters.

The business is indeed lucrative but you must be willing to put in the effort, this effort comes in especially in proper and sanitary packaging and labelling of your food and also following some regulations set up by agencies abroad such as the United States food and drug administration( this is extremely important) , it is advised that you use a customs broker , freight forwarder or shipping agency, also it is advised that you start off small by shipping about 50 kg of food produce and then progressing upward.
Re: Improved Agro Marketing & Exports by agwuchi: 9:18pm On Dec 22, 2014
If you are interested in widening the sale of agriproducts to these stores abroad and want to join the database so you may get in touch with willing buyers and African store owners ready to purchase African food stuff from Nigeria then please indicate interest here, it is preferable that you have knowledge of exporting these goods or you yourself is an exporter or freight forwarder but if you are not then we can still work together and acquire the necessary know-how along the way.

Mind you as I said earlier this is a business that requires a lot of care and handwork in order to go through all the paperwork and ensure that your goods are not confiscated by the border agencies, so I am only looking for serious minded and focused people who are ready go through the travails involved in becoming an overseas marketer of food.

Please show your interest by leaving a comment below,
I will drop more information and my contact details when people start showing interest.
Re: Improved Agro Marketing & Exports by wisov(m): 9:48pm On Dec 22, 2014
Just drop all info
Re: Improved Agro Marketing & Exports by rodgers: 6:11am On Dec 23, 2014
Nice thread. Please keep it flowing. Do you have details of reliable freight forwarders?
Re: Improved Agro Marketing & Exports by ops(m): 4:24pm On Dec 24, 2014
Interesting.....waiting for more details.
Re: Improved Agro Marketing & Exports by justayo: 1:26am On Dec 25, 2014
am interested,nice to see this topic
Re: Improved Agro Marketing & Exports by agwuchi: 6:55am On Dec 25, 2014
If anyone is a Food stuff supplier or exporter please drop your mail or number here or contact me on onyeakuko@gmail.com.

I am looking to start off by linking suppliers with ready buyers in the U.S.

Like I said the key to this business lies in following proper and adequate procedure during the shipping/export stage. If anyone one has specific questions or ideas please drop it here or contact me via e-mail. Lets discuss and work together for our mutual benefit.
Re: Improved Agro Marketing & Exports by Justjyde(m): 11:52pm On Dec 25, 2014
Interesting. Food is BIG business but also one requiring the utmost attention to quality. I'm glad that is being put up front here. I'll keep an eye on this.
Re: Improved Agro Marketing & Exports by bamdexfarms(m): 11:10pm On Dec 26, 2014
i can supply any agro allied products and packaged nigerian food stuff of your choice. my email is bamdex007@gmail.com.
whatsapp: 08128470332
Re: Improved Agro Marketing & Exports by Debesther: 1:56am On Dec 27, 2014
I have an offer to supply 3,000 metric ton of yellow maize to china.
I don't have an exporting license
How do I go about it?
Pls inbox me. bribointernational@gmail.com
Re: Improved Agro Marketing & Exports by dav8id(m): 11:58am On Dec 27, 2014
Debesther:
How do I go about it?

you can sell the contract to exporter and make you cash at once..

if your supply contract is real And you are willing to sell it since you cant export the you can whatsapp me on 07037781319 (no call pls)

or

email me at David@ovyetrading.com.ng
Re: Improved Agro Marketing & Exports by NixandaStores(m): 9:50am On Jan 06, 2015
Am based in the north and have access to sourcing various food items at very low prices.

Anyone looking for cheap food items like onions, potatoes, water melon, carrots, garden egg, cucumber, etc can reach me on 08104032816.

I will be glad to be a business partner with you.

I also have contact of a reliable export agent in Lagos that helps in exporting foodstuffs to Europe. Any interested can also contact me.
Re: Improved Agro Marketing & Exports by gabialonso(m): 11:41pm On Jan 06, 2015
NixandaStores:
Am based in the north and have access to sourcing various food items at very low prices.

Anyone looking for cheap food items like onions, potatoes, water melon, carrots, garden egg, cucumber, etc can reach me on 08104032816.

I also have contact of a reliable export agent in Lagos that helps in exporting foodstuffs to Europe. Any interested can also contact me.
i noticed u left out the chief food item of them all GARRI...i can partner with you to provide this item in all its varieties and at low prices..hope u don't mind?
Re: Improved Agro Marketing & Exports by gabialonso(m): 11:58pm On Jan 06, 2015
i am interested, without hiccups i can match any demand with supply of most food items needed. This is my number 08122565358
Re: Improved Agro Marketing & Exports by NixandaStores(m): 12:36am On Jan 07, 2015
gabialonso:
i noticed u left out the chief food item of them all GARRI...i can partner with you to provide this item in all its varieties and at low prices..hope u don't mind?

Hello,
I didn't mention garri because its cheaper in the south west or so than in the north.

We can actually work together to supply here in the north as well. I also observed that unripe plaintain is a very profitable in the north so I would like to partner with someone that can supply
Re: Improved Agro Marketing & Exports by ops(m): 5:48am On Jan 07, 2015
NixandaStores:

Hello,
I didn't mention garri because its cheaper in the south west or so than in the north.
We can actually work together to supply here in the north as well. I also observed that unripe plaintain is a very profitable in the north so I would like to partner with someone that can supply

@ Nixandastores;Unripe plantain bunches or as dried chips for flour?
Re: Improved Agro Marketing & Exports by NixandaStores(m): 7:22am On Jan 07, 2015
ops:

@ Nixandastores;Unripe plantain bunches or as dried chips for flour?

Its actually unripe plaintain bunches
Re: Improved Agro Marketing & Exports by agwuchi: 12:51pm On Jan 07, 2015
Debesther:
How do I go about it?

I haven't really looked into the Chinese market and what it takes to export there, like I said I'm hoping to start off this project with targeting the American market and then probably looking at other market like European markets, but I will mail you as soon as I can and see whether I can aid you in anyway concerning information on the Chinese market.
Re: Improved Agro Marketing & Exports by agwuchi: 1:01pm On Jan 07, 2015
NixandaStores:

Thanks for indicating interest Nixanda, is it possible for you to contact directly via my e-mail onyeakuko@gmail.com, It would make it easier for me to reply you more promptly and establish personal communication with you.

Also the target markets for this market are African Stores/Restuarants in America/Europe so the items which you listed above (onions, potatoes, water melon, carrots, garden egg, cucumber) might not necessarily be of high demand because they can also be gotten there without going through the extra expense of importing.

Nigerian/African foodstuff like cassava flour, yam flour , plantain & plantain flour , Kola nut , Nigerian vegetable and spices are the kinds of products that prospective buyers are likely to be more interested in, can you supply these kind of items?
Re: Improved Agro Marketing & Exports by agwuchi: 1:03pm On Jan 07, 2015
gabialonso:
i am interested, without hiccups i can match any demand with supply of most food items needed. This is my number 08122565358

Thanks for indicating interest Gabialonso, is it possible for you to contact directly via my e-mail onyeakuko@gmail.com, It would make it easier for me to reply you more promptly and establish personal communication with you, meanwhile if you have any questions or enquiries please let me know.

Also do you have any prior experience as an exporter?
Re: Improved Agro Marketing & Exports by ops(m): 1:04pm On Jan 07, 2015
@ nixandastores.
Ok, sending you an email so we can discuss.
Re: Improved Agro Marketing & Exports by NixandaStores(m): 2:01pm On Jan 07, 2015
agwuchi:

Thanks for indicating interest Nixanda, is it possible for you to contact directly via my e-mail onyeakuko@gmail.com, It would make it easier for me to reply you more promptly and establish personal communication with you.

Also the target markets for this market are African Stores/Restuarants in America/Europe so the items which you listed above (onions, potatoes, water melon, carrots, garden egg, cucumber) might not necessarily be of high demand because they can also be gotten there without going through the extra expense of importing.

Nigerian/African foodstuff like cassava flour, yam flour , plantain & plantain flour , Kola nut , Nigerian vegetable and spices are the kinds of products that prospective buyers are likely to be more interested in, can you supply these kind of items?

Sure sir,
I can source for them here at very cheap prices. I will send you an email as requested.
Thank you sir
Re: Improved Agro Marketing & Exports by NixandaStores(m): 2:02pm On Jan 07, 2015
ops:
@ nixandastores.
Ok, sending you an email so we can discuss.

Thank you sir,
I will be expecting your mail
Re: Improved Agro Marketing & Exports by ops(m): 2:40pm On Jan 07, 2015
Sent it already. Or nairaland's email stuff doesn't work anymore?
Re: Improved Agro Marketing & Exports by kaybeejyde: 8:14pm On Jan 07, 2015
I am interested , email me at kaybeejyde@yahoo.com.
Re: Improved Agro Marketing & Exports by captainamiedi1: 9:54pm On Jan 07, 2015
i have cassava flour, cassava chips and palm oil for sale in large quantity at affordable price. contact me on 08056940750 or captainamiedi1@gmail.com
Re: Improved Agro Marketing & Exports by psalm68(m): 9:26am On Jan 09, 2015
hi my gurus at the top.i am actually new to the business but i have few cassava tubbers i am planning to harvest soon
Re: Improved Agro Marketing & Exports by omaigalalive(m): 12:02pm On Jan 09, 2015
i find this very educative
iam expecting more shade
on this export things.

thanks alot.
Re: Improved Agro Marketing & Exports by gabialonso(m): 12:39pm On Jan 10, 2015
NixandaStores:

Hello,

so how can i contact you?
Re: Improved Agro Marketing & Exports by gabialonso(m): 12:53pm On Jan 10, 2015
gabialonso:
NixandaStores u can copy it here.
Re: Improved Agro Marketing & Exports by eagle13(m): 1:42am On Jan 11, 2015
NixandaStores:

Hello,

i'm interested in d supply of unripe plantain.here is my contact 08161329192

(1) (2) (Reply)

Staking Of Cucumber And Other Plants / Old Layers chicken Are For Sale In Ibadan / My 3weeks Broiler Now Weights 0.7kg (with Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 119
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.